Parco Palladiano XIV: Melagrana (2018)

Parco Palladiano XIV: Melagrana by Bottega Veneta

Parco Palladiano XIV: Melagrana is a popular perfume by Bottega Veneta for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.

Mandarin, Blackcurrant, Cedarwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 19.04.2020.

Cassisissima grenadinissima - Italian confusion
It will come, next July, for sure. Maybe we'll be able to move freely again. Maybe we will get on our bicycles and cycle through enveloping warmth over sun-kissed field paths, into the forest, crossing state borders, national borders, and back home. Who knows...
Melagrana was born this month. The time of the black currant. A berry fragrance of a charming simplicity like the whole Parco Palladiano range from which it originates. It oscillates between picked berry, green shrubbery, infusion and jam, yet summery light, floating, unobtrusive. Berry softness, tenderness. A fragrance impression midway between naturalness and artificiality, which I also created with many other fragrances in the series, e.g. the Quadrifoglio, Lauro, Olivo and others, which I appreciate.
But stop! Br /> Really currant? That would only be half the truth. Because "melagrana" means pomegranate. Can one be so wrong? Already with the Quadrifoglio ("cloverleaf") I was surprised that basil is the dominant note and clover was not to be sniffed according to my nose. Here it behaves similarly. Where is the pomegranate, that sweet and bitter fruit? Where are the tannins? Where is the tangy fruitiness, when I smell something like transparent berries with a soft green-creamy accompaniment?
I spray the scent on myself again and think. Granted, there is a certain astringency. But my impression of the fragrance simply doesn't lead me to the freshly cut pomegranate. Maybe to the grenadine syrup, but not so sweet. Maybe this scent is simply meant to be an abstraction of nature, a simplification, a reduction, where boundaries become blurred.
So be it. This fragrance deserves a comment, even if it is rather a rarity here. I like it in its simplicity and unconditional cheerfulness, which is not loud. By the way, I don't perceive it as unisex, more as a women's fragrance. There's nothing more to be said about the bottles in the series - for me personally, they're unrivalled. But that's a matter of taste.

Popular Bottega Veneta

Bottega Veneta pour Homme Parfum by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta (Eau de Parfum) by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Eau de Velours by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Eau Légère by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano V: Lauro by Bottega Veneta Knot Eau Absolue by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano IV: Azalea by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano II: Cipresso by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme Extrême by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano VII: Lillà by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme Essence Aromatique by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano XIII: Quadrifoglio by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano I: Magnolia by Bottega Veneta Knot by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Eau Sensuelle by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano III: Pera by Bottega Veneta Illusione (Eau de Toilette) by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano XV: Salvia Blu by Bottega Veneta