Boucheron 1988Eau de Parfum

Version from 1988
Boucheron (1988) (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron
Bottle Design Joel Desgrippes
Boucheron (1988) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Boucheron for women and was released in 1988. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by PCI (Parfums et Cosmétiques International).

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Galbanum, Mandarin orange, Apricot, Basil, Tagetes, Orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesTuberose, Narcissus, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang, Iris, Broom
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Vanilla, Tonka bean, Amber, Benzoin, Civet, Frankincense, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.09.2020.

Scent without limits
Today I let my eyes wander over the sea of bottles of my fragrance dealer - and had to sort out the intensive "input" first.

At his booth, I'm Alice - that's Tina - in Wonderland.

Then my trained scent - eagle eye discovered a blue cartouche at the edge.
Such " peripheral phenomena " always arouse my interest - because that is where I have discovered many a treasure.

Boucheron? Eau de parfum? Didn't my mother wear that years ago?
I couldn't believe my eyes.

While I was still amazed, my husband grabbed the cartouche because he was watching a lady who was also casting covetous glances at it.
And his lightning reaction was right, because at home I unveiled the beautiful flacon I knew from my youth.

And the full-bodied scent itself took me back in time.

At that time the world was still open to all plans and ideas - even if they were crazy.
One dared everything - and had so many possibilities.
Your parents were by your side, and you knew they would always catch you.
And Le Parfum is so multi-faceted and yet so secure.

Various fruits and flowers take me to any place in the world - where I would like to be.
He conjures up the people I've been missing.
Not to mention my animals.
He pours a cornucopia of images over me - which enchant me - delight me - and also make me melancholy.
But Le Parfum is also in the here and now.
The fragrance can be in different times and also in different places at the same time.

A time traveller - without borders.
The Vintage Friend
I bought this exact scent today ... why??? Because especially in today's difficult "Corona time" I wanted to have something good, well-tried and well-known full of nice and interesting memories
Very briefly told as follows :
I was in my mid-twenties when the fragrance came on the market and was an absolutely free, cheeky and crazy female being who wanted to try out the world and often broke social boundaries. Am I sorry today? No I don't think so, because all this has made me a very empathetic, helpful and fighting free spirit today. I met this fragrance in a very noble perfumery at that time and I already had respect for the somewhat stiff perfume consultant lady (that's what I called her at that time), she sprayed it on and he took me directly with him. He was heavy, a bit woody, a lot of oriental and for me just great and I became a Fame fatale. And he held and held - until the next morning and even after the shower still traces stuck to me. Yes, the perfumes were then, very long adherent and everyone you have hugged carried your scent trail away with him. Afterwards my world was ok and beautiful and exciting, yes somehow always exciting and positive. There were also other times, of course, but you have somehow quickly gotten it right again.
Now I am kicked out of the dream of yesterday, welcome to reality! I wish for every human being such a small "piece of back" to recharge their batteries or to switch off for a short time and then to have the courage to face the here and now again.
This perfume took me for a short time on a journey into the past and I had to smile about some memories. You know what I mean? Sure! Everybody makes these little journeys back to face everything again in good spirits and with strength My friend from the past is welcome, you are not always too intense for that and have a very extensive fragrance but now and then you like it very much.
Je suis en famille!
Boucheron Le Parfum is the perfect fragrance for family celebrations, I think. I have already said in a statement that I find it beautiful, but also very old-fashioned; it is an untouchable relic of a long past decade, under countless fragrances, saved into the now, because it is simply so indescribably perfect. Balanced, self-contained, round. No note stands out dominantly, the numerous ingredients merge into a harmonious unit that can be used for very special occasions: to create familiarity. This perfume is a memory that is lived, tangible, marked by an incredibly conservative elegance. Expensive and also heavy is Boucheron, a women's fragrance from times when it was still pc to present furs and pearl necklaces. According to Jean-Claude Ellena, this fragrance would be a baroque perfume, one that creates space for itself, draws a fragrant circle around itself, provides the wearer with a dignified understatement. One is entre nous, in a small circle, to the baptism of a niece's child, to the golden wedding of the parents-in-law, to the brother's round birthday. At Christmas, at Easter, to a passed exam. The mild sweetness of apricots and orange blossom signals sweet gentleness, tender gestures of reunion, familiar touches, an open ear. Tuberose and the light powder shade of jasmine and iris create the proper portion of elegance, the knowledge of a common name, a common history, a status quo that makes everyone happy. The minimal exoticism of Ylang-ylang reminds us of long gone holidays, Narcissus paints the image of a sunny Easter morning, the seriousness of sandalwood guarantees the seriousness of reliable advice, vanilla, tonka and benzoin evoke images of Christmas trees and gifts, incense and amber include the moments of sacred silence, weddings, confirmations and communions, even funerals. But none of these tones, except perhaps the tuberose, appears so clearly singular that it would draw attention to itself. It is the perfect interplay of all the components that gives the impression of the familiar security of big celebrations and turns Boucheron into a fragrance in which the threads of life are woven together to form a colourful tapestry. This beautiful, multi-coloured, detailed carpet invites you to look at it and tell stories together. That's why I like Boucheron so much, but not every day, but really only for those rare occasions when a large family is united. On a day like this I would always reach for Boucheron.
DerDefcon
How about my favorite orange blossom?
The more classic a perfume container looks, the more probable it is - I'll rule out perfumes here - that it will be ignored by the younger ones, probably assuming that you only get to smell a "granny scent" here.

With this Boucheron one should not show the behaviour I just described, because then one misses something. And I want to explain what you miss.

The beginning is markedly lively and floral with orange blossom and apricot as primary scents. That floral is somehow a matter of course if the orange blossom is in bold print in the fragrance pyramid, isn't it? It is one of my favourite fragrances, which I learned to love so much during the wonderful "APOM pour homme" by Kurkdjian. Accordingly, I was curious to find out how this great flower appears in other fragrances.
So it appears fruity in this boucheron thanks to the apricot, which we have already noticed. The orange blossom, as I know it from "APOM pour homme", is represented here in a different form. It is not dusty and powdery, but very transparent and due to the fruity accompanied opening not so easy to spot as such. After the apricot note has retreated, it takes on clearer characteristics as such. With it a confusion sets in afterwards, consisting of various other bloomers, of which I would not recognize a single one purposefully. The result is a colourful flower meadow, in which the orange blossom represents the highest growing plant, which somehow towers a little above all the others, but which does not devour them, but also leaves them their space.
The whole thing becomes really interesting as soon as the base note appears, because it is only here that the floral notes supported by the orange blossom experience all the depth I expect from flowery scents.
Our flowering plants are soaked in a discreetly creamy sweetness, which we owe to both sandalwood and musk. I also notice a little vanilla, but it is negligible next to the musk. The latter is fortunately not a bit animalistic or even sweaty, which wouldn't fit here at all. But what fits here very well is the incense, which I am sometimes a little sceptical about, because some perfume creators sometimes exaggerate with this ingredient. Here, however, a beautiful, really light earthiness is provided, which gives the creamy sweetness the necessary transparency, does not make it too sticky and thus ensures the adulthood of the entire composition.
Adulthood here also manifests itself in the resilience so often demanded of adults and the appropriate, stylish performance, which is not too loud, but also not too quiet, worthy of a mature person. Anyone can be mature, stylish and prudent. You don't have to be 50 years old, 60 years old or even older to be able to wear this fragrance, which is perhaps packaged in a somewhat classic-conservative way. So the ladies, no matter what age: get on with this creation!

Oh well, before I forget, I would like to finally say that my favourite fragrance is also very good here. But you probably already figured that out.

Beginning of the end
Boucheron comes from the school of rich florientals, with a chypre backbone, all laced with animalic notes. It somehow follows Ysatis, released 4 years earlier, and as if anticipating the end of the 80’s powerhouses it tries to cram everything in a bottle. But it succeeds at not making a caricature and instead it delivers a beautiful fragrance that somehow is also a swan song to shoulder pads, big hair and bright frosted pink lipstick.

My 1988 edt starts with a big spicy orange blossom that also turns honeyed and marries perfectly with the tuberose and ylang ylang to make a white flower cornucopia. It does not shy and turns the volume all the way up to let the flowers sing. A little carnation to spice up, some narcissus to prepare for the animalics ahead, resinous amber to sweeten everything; this is a sweet nectar through and through.
But as the fragrance unfolds, the sweetness subsides to let the oriental notes show. There’s a nice hint of dark vanilla, sandalwood and resinous benzoin, and suddenly it feels more oriental than floral.
But, the oakmoss backbone keeps everything ‘dry’ and more sophisticated. The civet shines in the vintage edt and adds dimension and sensuality to what otherwise could be a screechy floral. Sometimes Boucheron is too much, you can’t just put it on and go. It demands a certain attitude, a certain glamour. It feels too sophisticated to be casual. But it can also glamorize a simpler outfit, as long as the wearer has the personality to pull it off.

I recently tested the version out there today, and my surprise was that it hasn’t been destroyed. Yes, the base, or better, lack of, is simple and turns to plain ambery musk without any of the interesting parts, but the fragrance remains bold and beautiful. Along the years it has had retouches but it somehow retains a big part of its character. Nowadays the edp is far more interesting, but if you happen upon a vintage edt, grab it; it puts many others to shame. And if you miss the old Ysatis, give Boucheron a try. Age has been kinder with it.
Walk through the spring garden of Monsieur Monet
This perfume has a particularly elegant and at the same time warm-powdery charisma, it has class and it awakens in me a very, very pleasant memory. In other words, I am once again taken with what I am writing about today. A few years ago an impressive Monet exhibition was shown in the 'Von der Heydt Museum' in Wuppertal, which I visited several times out of sheer enthusiasm. The more often and the longer I looked at the pictures, the more I immersed myself in what I saw, let myself fall into a time long gone, in which ladies, courted by gentlemen, chatting amusedly in floor-length, light summer dresses, holding the obligatory white parasol in their hands, promenade in the park. At some point I began to walk around in Monet's pictures, too, wearing a beautiful, flowing white dress, feeling light, free of any worries and wandering through the pretty park. From painting to painting I felt more of the wind, I heard the rustling of the leaves in pink and white blossoming deciduous trees and deeper and deeper I absorbed the mild spring air blowing through Monet's paintings. Spring seemed to give a boost not only to the numerous meadow flowers, so that each flower opened, revealing its colour and fragrance and greedily stretching out for the sun. My inner self blossomed, my imagination was inspired and relaxed and I strolled confidently through the spring garden of Monsieur Monet, each time I watched the film to the exhibition and was fascinated by this great painter and his work.

When my perfume friend Claudia (Blödel)'s package arrived yesterday, I was particularly excited about the announced scent samples. But there was also a dark blue box, which felt silky-smooth and on which you could read BOUCHERON EAU DE PARFUM with golden letters. I opened the box and discovered an elegant ring-shaped bottle with golden yellow contents and a deep blue cap. I sprayed the scent twice on my wrist and immediately I noticed a sea of bright spring flowers and immediately the memory of the unforgettable Monet exhibition, which had taken place eight years ago, came to life. Iris, jasmine and tuberose came to my mind, even wintry early flowering plants such as narcissus and hyacinth wafted around me. Again I walked in my mind through a park full of beautiful flowers, felt light again, buoyant and at the same time protected and safe. A few rays of sunshine tickled the flowers of BOUCHERON and it seemed to me that all these flowers were sprinkled with honey, which sank to the ground in small drops.

Only later did I perceive fruity notes, namely a strong, sweet and juicy orange; the aroma of an excellent apricot jam also spoiled my nose. I stayed up that evening for a long time, maybe the perfume kept me from sleeping, enlivened me.... and I started to read about this perfume on 'Parfumo'. Exciting!

The base notes - I smell delicious vanilla, noble sandalwood, dark ambre and buttery soft, creamy musky tones - give the perfume a discreet oriental sensuality and an unobtrusive, feminine erotic-quiet charisma. These notes seem very well balanced to me and give BOUCHERON an overwhelming durability, because even now, 14 hours later, I still smell a gentle wave of Boucheron's noble sea of flowers on my wrist.

The EAU DE PARFUM BOUCHERON is unmistakably noble, has a high recognition value and it enchants the wearer and easily reaches its environment. In my opinion, the Sillage is ingenious: the closer you get to each other, the more effectively it smells, the more you like to lose yourself and get lost, and the deeper you sink into Monsieur Monet's spring garden. A scent like a painting, ...a scent like a seemingly endless poem or like a piece of music that never fades away. Simply a work of art of a great master!

Eighties....love
Since a year I read this site almost daily, and since the nineties I use poison, I started to be very interested in perfumes by reading all these nice reviews, and of course I started to collect, ( who wouldn't ) by reading all these opinions.
Many reviews about the eighties perfumes intrigued me and I started to buy a few and as much as possible "vintage" . One of them is Boucheron. I love this sent, it is summer in my country, although one would think it is autumn, rain... heavy rain and wind. I reached for Boucheron and oh....it smells so good, I have been out today so I used a not to heavy hand, but now I am back home and Now I used my heavy hand, I enjoy so much the beautiful cloud of this fragrance around me...I guess I love some of those very noticeable good stylish (for me) perfume bombs of the eighties...

A Warm Beauty
Boucheron EdP is a classical beauty from the 80s that always makes me think of the most expensive lush velveteen cream with a citric vibe.

Amber, orange, jasmine and vanilla are the first notes that charm my nose and make me feel elegant, irresistible and cozy. It's a comforting scent yet makes you feel very feminine and beautiful without that it feels like the perfume is wearing you. Boucheron has this rare quality that blends with your chemistry to enhance your natural beauty, rather than overwhelm you with a force-field of scent.

It's a true modern-classic that is very well blended and will enchant most women and seduce many men. A must sniff/own for every Perfumista for those moments that you want to wear something that embraces you in a feeling of classy, soft beauty. A Crimson velvet cape of sexy and warm "Hmmm".

Silage is: "An aura of warm, elegant & inviting beauty." -- Longevity is: Amazing with on me 6+ hours in which it warms up and gets more amber-like. Simply YUM!

Lola82
They don't make these anymore
They don't make them like these anymore the complex
and multilayerd floral was so in vogue in the 80's
back then Perfume was an artistry they had the time
to examine and experiment every note possible in a
Fragrance ranging from florals spices raisens
and deep animalistic notes now modern perfumery
is a mere shadow of the glorious 80's now choked
with watery fruity scent that has no charactor or
silage hastely produced for the masses leaving
art and more profit to the industry.

But Boucheron is much more then that it's a relic
to the past we need to make people aware that these
gems exists and don't think of them as a granny
perfume or it smells old and outdated look beyond
those boundries and see what have you been missing
before it gets discontinued.

What surprises me about Boucheron is the notes
complex yet well put together like well crafted
jewelery or a finely chissled sculpture Boucheron
is a work of art, It opens crisp with Bergamot
sharpness of Lemon aromantic cassis and closing
the openiing is zesty basil, in a few minutes dries fruity with apricots sweet but it does'nt overcloy tangerine with it's tangy nuances makes it's presence known there's a hint of spicy Gerainums noticible and add some spiciness to the perfume.

Tuberose opens the heart of the fragrance with a buttery sweetness delicate note of jasmine gives an herbal feel and smell Narcissus dominates the middle notes almost drowning the others into obillvion with it's deep and intoxicating scent Lily of the Vally is the elusive note of all i can't dectect, the drydown to the ending sweetish with amber patches of musk and traces of Civet for animalitic properties Benzoin note makes the perfume a bit milky and resianious; the finishing notes of sandalwood adds the dryness and vanilla with it's powdery sweetness.

Divine classic
The previous reviewers all over the web that highly praise this scent are definitely written by people with excellent taste in fragrances.

Boucheron is a scent which defines sophistication, elegance and class. A rich, unmissable fragrance that doesn't have the popularity that it deserves.

I spent many months searching for this particular fragrance, and only managed to find the EDT concentration in an exclusive fragrance boutique. I was highly impressed by the EDT, and when I read that the EDP is even more impressive, I can't help being dumbfounded by this scent.

Boucheron is everything that a fragrance should be; complex, unique, intense and memorable. This fragrance has been created with the upmost care, blended beautifully, resulting in a rich, warm and feminine scent.

The top notes are not your typical nose-burning citruses and fruits, they have all been blended perfectly creating a scent that is inviting and interesting. Vanilla makes it's presence known right from the very beginning. It's the combination of the vanilla mixed with the lemon, orange and basil and then with the floral accords in the heart of this scent, that fascinates me in so many ways.

In no way is this fragrance dusty and 'old-smelling'. To describe this fragrance as being suited only to mature aged women is very misinformative. Any woman that loves this fragrance should be able to pull this off, it's not restricted to any age group.

Everything from the scent to the bottle is clearly elegant and sophisticated, making this scent perfect for those strict formal events and occasions. It's such a shame that this fragrance isn't more readily available in my country, although I have heard that where it is available, it sells extremely well.

Classic, Boucheron most certainly is. Expensive, but well worth the money spent. The lasting strength is guaranteed to be a highlight as it lasts well into the next day and clings to your clothes for days, managing to scent your wardrobe with its rich aroma.

I highly recommend this fragrance and advise people that have not tried this scent to "get thee to a tester immediately", this perfume is not to be missed.

CatarinaCatarina 17 months ago
Rich floral with a strong oriental DNA and chypre nuances as well. It's very feminine and makes a difference everywhere I go! Not to miss!

by Zora
by Zora
Wärmender Winterblütenpullover zum Reinkuscheln
by Santalwalti
by MadameLegras
Einer meiner Lieblinge und am häufigsten getragenen Düfte (lt. Parfumo-Statistik)
by Santalwalti
by Cincy
by Cincy
by Boszka79
by Boszka79
Defines the true beauty of a jewelry piece
by Heavenly85
by Freebird1968
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Boucheron

Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Vanille de Zanzibar by Boucheron Iris de Syracuse by Boucheron Boucheron (1988) (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Ambre d'Alexandrie by Boucheron Trouble by Boucheron Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Place Vendôme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Boucheron pour Homme (1989) (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Jaïpur Bracelet by Boucheron Boucheron pour Homme (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Néroli d'Ispahan by Boucheron Place Vendôme (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Jaïpur (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Trouble Eau Légère Nacrée by Boucheron Orange de Bahia by Boucheron B (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Initial (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Santal de Kandy by Boucheron Jaïpur Saphir (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron