Jaïpur Homme 1997Eau de Parfum

Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron
Top 78 in Men's Perfume
Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Boucheron for men and was released in 1997. The scent is oriental-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Annick Ménardo

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 22.09.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron, which differs in concentration.

smells female : YES, smells male : YES
In the world of fragrances there are 2 holy "rules": never buy blind and do not judge the fragrance by the top note I bought 90% of my fragrance collection (approx. 25 fragrances) blind by many reviews, ratings, etc. Find it exciting if you expect one thing, which arrives another, and you think in the worst case: ok the fragrance is not so my taste now, but has quite his raison d'être for this and the occasion.Since Jaïpur Homme is among the top 100 men's fragrances and has a very fair price (25€/100ml EDP) I had to try it, and my expectations were accordingly high.So I unpacked the fragrance, sprayed it 2 times on my wrist and the first smell after 10 seconds: it's cool, and it will surely get better, and it became warmer and spicier later on, surprised me even more. if you want to describe the smell, you can look at the pyramid and imagine something, but a pictorial description would be the performance on an evening at about 7pm at about 20A real work of art with a very good projection and durability (partly also 24 hours on the skin). it also smells definitely unisex, but has a very strong smell.for young people who are into modern fragrances with mainstream DNA it is definitely not recommended to buy blind, but old and young can wear this fragrance if you are into fragrances from the 80's and 90's.
Price/performance masterpiece
To say that a fragrance is exquisite is one of the most common themes in perfumery.
It is a word that defines many things: Excellence, delicacy and subtlety, among others.
Jaïpur is a word that encompasses many others, it is altogether exquisite.
And I think there lies his best capital, in the balance of his notes and in a very beautiful and stimulating development.
My bottle is up to date, so it will probably be reformulated, as its trace and sillage do not match the first comments. However, it saves some hits with the already described aggressive and spicy edition, which however soon points to a vanilla composition. Slightly sweet and with a discreet but warm floral note.
The drying is the best, because everything settles down and is perceived as a refined and elegant set, of which it is practically impossible to recognize each of its notes.
As for the duration and my dry skin, it lasts perfectly for about six to seven hours at the same intensity and then only becomes noticeable when the air blows some vapor off the skin.
Its price is unbeatable; you cannot ask for less.
Wintry, winterly, Jaipur Homme
Influenced by all the positive comments and ratings here, I have decided to buy Jaipur Homme blind.

The top lists for men can't lie after all!

When the scent arrived, I was amazed at how strong and incredibly long it could be heard in the air. It's no secret that spicy, oriental scents have a long shelf life, but this one was the forerunner of my collection when it came to performance from the time it was released.

It's amazing how contrasts sometimes work, and at Jaipur Homme I experienced just such a contrast. It smells of the Orient, bazaar and spices, but instead of a 40 degree atmosphere in the shade, I see the strength of this fragrance in winter
Right after the first sprayers I knew it would be THE winter scent for me and so Jaipur Homme accompanied me on many trips to the Sauerland. For me the scent is closely linked to memories, as soon as I smell it I think of my thick, grey winter jacket.

Jaipur Homme knows his trade well. It smells great, is very strong in durability and can be perceived from afar.

Nevertheless, I have to admit that one of my favourite fragrances is not and will not be one, it is too much bound to special occasions and circumstances for me. I see this scent on my winter jacket, as I walk through the Christmas market in a snowy city and look at the different stalls.

All in all very well done, fair to its price and worth a try!

Smartnose
Jaïpur Homme? More like Jaïpur Femme! But tasty and cuddly-soft. At least unisex.
Those who don't like vanilla and cinnamon in fragrances should keep their fingers off it, especially vanilla is clearly perceptible throughout the entire course of the fragrance. All in all a wonderfully soft mixture that a) reminds me a bit of sun cream and b) tends to be perceived as more feminine by me because I lack a typical masculine component or the one corner or edge. The fragrance is UNISEX perfume (I don't know the eau de toilette any more than the women's version). The shelf life and sillage of the Eau de Parfum are really first-class, i.e. the dosage is rather economical. The mixture comes across as natural to me and not synthetic. Every homme has to decide for himself if he still feels enough homme with Jaipur to approach Femme self-confidently. This not so well known product is definitely worth a test. TRY IT! :o)
A Beast
This is a strong fragrance. Vanilla, musk, cinnamon and powder. But hard to find an opportunity to wear nowadays, even eau de toilette. I think women really like the smell, but it's so warm that it has to be worn in cooler weather.
Minigolf
Everything from the grab bag
Yeah, they're still around today. Rarely, but at least. And when I was a kid, I was always obsessed with it. This moment, which revealed to me the inside, which little treasures were inherent in it, was always the most beautiful Some of it was kitsch, others of "great value" for a 7 to 11 year old... A "Dotzball", a whistle, a metal bracelet...and much more.
And today there are scents for me that are "miracle bags". That certainly includes Jaipur Homme. Such a small sample of it at my home has laughed at me just before for testing. And now, little by little, he's "revealing" his little secrets. "Rolls out" slowly in front of my nose, like a "snake buzzer" from earlier times... But the "tones" are sometimes a bit weird, but wonderful.
At first, the citrus-flavored heliotrope seems to jump fresh and cheerfully in front of me to give me a bouquet of flowers. But this one then becomes more and more "serious" and noble. Has something of a summer garden with roses and carnations that smell spicy on the bet.
A pinch of cinnamon in the kitchen left speculatius tickles my nose, delights me, surprise... i like it!! But even more little "treasures" come to light now...a small box made of cedar wood, inside one of the great patchouli oils from the Orient shop and one with dark vanilla... A conglomeration of small surprising delicacies, "toys" and soul delights.
A small part of lovable kitsch, the bigger one a wonderfully "colorful wonder bag fragrance" with depth.

Carlitos01
By the conceiving will of Shiva
Jaisukh was strolling along the dusty road.
Rajasthan is a large country with twisty yellow roads going in every direction, through valleys and mountains, jungles and prairies.
Jaisukh was pretty confident with the directions he had choosen. Nevertheless a yellowish colour was starting to make the blue of the sky disappear bit by bit. Within less than one our it would be night.
-"Jaisukh"! an old voice called!
-"Who's there?" asked the young man! -"Stupid road that never seems to end. And I am imagining voices now.The night is approaching and I am still far from...."
-"Jaisukh!" The old voice called again!
-"Show yourself! Is that you, Krishna? Stop playing tricks on me..." screamed Jaisukh thinking that his brother Krishna was trying to scare him. Jaisukh was well known for its respect of spirits and wizardries. Quite often other boys played creepy tricks on him. On the other hand, having Krishna around only meant that his almost one day long journey was probably about to finish.
The grinchy old voice said slowly and mockingly - "Oh come on little brother, you can't seriously believe in stories of rogue gypsy spirits roaming this dusty roads?"
That wasn't Krishna for sure. Jaisukh started trembling, thinking at one hundred different possibilities, all of them fantastic and frightning, with huge mouths and claws, leaving nothing behind but blood stained clothes. - "Sahib... Sahib, what are you?"
-"Stop thinking about ghosts and death... You still have a long way to go... Give me that brown cinnamon, those flowers, leaves and beans, and I will make something meant for you..."
Jaisukh rethought about his fears. Is it Krishna or not? - "I am a big man and I don't believe in ghosts and evil beings. I am leaving now..."
-"Take this golden bottle with you containing the scent of a heavenly creation power. It will keep you strong instead of fearful, while me and the other good willing companions of Shiva will pray and care for your safe journey and labours. Cleanse and soothe yourself with this essence every morning for in it is concealed the needed strength of Shiva for you to build his resting place of Jaipur. Glory to the ‘Shahar Kotwal’ of Jaipur."
So Jaipur was buit upon Jaisukh cinammon sticks, sweet beans, fragrant leaves and flowers, dried fruits and juicy citrus, scented woods and holy incenses, used to blend the shiny oinment coloured of the same yellow of the Rajasthan sooty roads. Jaisuckh was forever to be remembered as the "joy of winning"* over the long winding dusty trails and the jungle deadly creatures of Rajasthan with the lakes, palaces and heavenly essencial oils of Jaipur.

And the creative secret behind this oily perfume becomes like this in numbers:
________________________________________________________________________________________
- Scent opening...........10.0 (heavenly pleasant with splendorous citrus, spicy cardamom and flowers)
- Scent Dry Down........10.0 (unforgettable with sweet tonka and cinnamon, balsamic benzoin, hearthy patchouli and woods)
- Longevity....................9.0 (up to 8~9 hours on my skin, with 2 sprays)
- Sillage..........................8.0 (sillage peeking up to 6 feet, projecting for more than 2 hours)
- Versatility....................8.5 (quite versatile, expressing itself better in Spring and Fall, at ease in Winter days and in Summer nights)
- Usability......................8.5 (it's really a "use it almost anywhere" fragrance, but avoid the gym, the seaside or any kind of sweating activities)
- Compliments..............9.0 (This scent pleases both genders. You will smell mysterious, elegant, clean, fresh and maybe sexy for some ladies)
- Uniqueness.................9.0 (just its flankers and some vibes shared with a couple of more recent Amouage perfumes in my humble opinion)
- Quality.........................9.5 (high quality ingredients; beautiful sturdy glass bottle; very good spray)
- Presentation...............8.5 (Beautiful flask inspired by the famous astronomical garden conceived by Maharaja Jaï Singh II)
- Price............................10.0 (€ 29 on sale for a 100 ml non tester flask)
- Average:......................9.09/10.00
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on "Jaipur EDP":
One of the most alluring oriental scents available for a very competitive price. A real masterpiece!
Recommended? Absolutely! I have both the EDP and the EDT. Both are recommended.
Blind buy worthy? Yes - Be bold!

Music: Norah Jones - "Don't Know Why"

note* - "Jaisukh" literally means "joy of winning"

MasterLi
Smooth, Sweet, Spicy Oriental...
This is a very nice fragrance. I have the Eau de Parfum version. Jaipur is the first fragrance that I've tried from this house, and I'm very impressed.

I detect a mixture of cold and warm spices (including cinnamon). I also get a clove like note, which I think is the carnation mixed with a hint of cardamom. The spices here are blended so well with the powder, it's fantastic. You also get the myrrh, the amber, tonka bean and vanilla and it is extraordinary. This reminds me of Habit Rouge (more so the Eau de Parfum, as it has that Guerlain powdery vanilla vibe to it (Jacques Guerlain once said: "there is no good perfume without vanilla"). In that respect, I find Jaipur an exceptional men's fragrance. The quality here shines through. It's an Eau de Parfum for men launched at a time when that concept was very rare. It is probably a more formal perfume and would go well with evening events and events in cooler weather in general. I wear it casually as well as I love the smell so much.

Overall, I think if you are someone who considers themselves a "gentleman", and you appreciate well-made perfumery and fragrances for men, you should check this one out. This one isn't to be missed as the quality for the price (designer level) is very high here. One wouldn't expect anything else from a talented perfumer such as Annick Mennardo the queen of myrrh, resins and balsams. A wonderful oriental composition in almost every sense of the word.

Finerthings8Finerthings8 5 days ago
This is western interpretation of the east. Nevertheless it is lovely parfum .i wish It was richer, mine doesn’t last long. Perfectly unisex
Amazon1975Amazon1975 11 months ago
One of the best I have ever smelled.... seriously great...almost niche quality
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Oriental, Spicy, Fresh, Sweet, Powdery, Citrusy.
complete! delicious! alluring! sexy!
I really love this perfume. It's completely addictive!
H27H27 3 years ago
One of the best that I ever tried. Not safe blind-buy but I really like it.

Für Fresh/ Verschleiß. ...Man kann sowas ja heute neu kaufen, aber bei mir sah sie anfangs nicht so aus :)
by Graybeard
by Maximus001
by Whadelse89
by Whadelse89

Popular Boucheron

Boucheron (1988) (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Vanille de Zanzibar by Boucheron Iris de Syracuse by Boucheron Boucheron (1988) (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Ambre d'Alexandrie by Boucheron Trouble by Boucheron Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Place Vendôme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Boucheron pour Homme (1989) (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Jaïpur Bracelet by Boucheron Boucheron pour Homme (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Néroli d'Ispahan by Boucheron Place Vendôme (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Jaïpur (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Trouble Eau Légère Nacrée by Boucheron Orange de Bahia by Boucheron B (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Initial (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Santal de Kandy by Boucheron Jaïpur Saphir (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron