Jaïpur Homme (1997) Eau de Parfum

Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron

Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Boucheron for men and was released in 1997. The scent is oriental-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Annick Ménardo

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 07.11.2019

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Parfum)

This is a variant of the perfume Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron, which differs in concentration.

8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Rumors about smells - Vanilla in Boucheron Jaïpur under suspicion
There was some peace and quiet in our area. After the exciting events surrounding the oudVanille perfume, the situation had relaxed and I was ready for new fragrance experiences.

Soon, however, rumors circulated about Parfumo. This was partly due to the fact that an enigmatic accident occurred on the road to the community of Boucheron, located in the Oriental district. They found, without further accident signs, a totally destroyed flacon with three empty scent sleeves at the roadside. They belonged to the fat Mrs. Rose Geranie, the strong cistus rose and her boy Labdanum, all members of a wild horde of scents that often played badly with the delicate vanilla. At the same time it is rumored that there have been manipulations on the cap and the spray head, whereby the suspicion of course quickly fell on the vanilla that had been badly bagged by the dead.

The vanilla had coped well with hospital and rehab, was enormously strengthened and full of energy. In recognition of her courage and bravery, it was even suggested that she be awarded the title of Bourbon Vanilla. Also for this reason all rumors about the smell accident and possible revenge deeds of the vanilla should be nipped in the bud fast and. She invited me and other personalities to report positively.

So I set off. The new home of vanilla is the small town of Jaïpur in the municipality of Boucheron. She lives there in the city villa of the heliotrope, the most magnificent building far and wide. The house Homme is decorated with finest heliotrops stones, in the garden small shrubs and hedges of the garden heliotrops grow in addition to small trees with southern fruits. I am greeted by a wild, very intense, fresh citrus scent and in the aftertaste it smells of vanilla, marzipan and cherry cake. Kard a Mon, the butler, opens the door and I enter, pulling the garden aroma behind me as a train. The property is well heated, it is pleasantly warm and Mr. Kard a Mon, spreading proper spice, commands me to be patient a little.

After only a short waiting time the vanilla asks for it. Leaving the fresh citrus notes behind, I enter a very cuddly lounge, the table is elegantly laid and in front of it comfortable armchairs. The vanilla greets me exuberantly, as does her new friend the powerful cinnamon and his harsh nephew the carnation. They should probably loosen up the meeting a little and provide for family ambience. There are flowers on the table, there are plenty of Spekulatius and now there's also cherry pie.

The conversation takes a long time. The atmosphere is warm and cozy, the room aromatic-spicy and full of sweet notes of cake, marzipan, caramel, almonds and of course luxuriant vanilla. In addition, warm wood tones reinforce the oriental flair and a very creamy soapiness give the meeting pleasant warmth and cultivated flawlessness. A perfect time.

So happy and with the firm intention to report only good things, I leave my host. On the way out I see through a window two miserable figures working in the garden. Remembered, they move very sluggishly and strongly bent. And aren't those chains on her feet?

Somewhat disturbed I start my return journey after about ten hours. Meanwhile I'm also sure that I recognized the fragrances Benzoe and Patchouli in the emaciated creatures. No wonder that in this state both could only be smelled discreetly on my departure. I also remembered now exactly. They were also involved in the assassination attempt on vanilla as chocolate brown boss benzoin and smoker throwing patchouli.

In the end, I decided to tell only good things about Jaïpur Homme in Boucheron and vanilla! And if there really should be something true in the rumors - now there must be punishment!

9.0 9.0 10.0 7.5/10

Smartnose
Jaïpur Homme? More like Jaïpur Femme! But tasty and cuddly-soft. At least unisex.
Those who don't like vanilla and cinnamon in fragrances should keep their fingers off it, especially vanilla is clearly perceptible throughout the entire course of the fragrance. All in all a wonderfully soft mixture that a) reminds me a bit of sun cream and b) tends to be perceived as more feminine by me because I lack a typical masculine component or the one corner or edge. The fragrance is UNISEX perfume (I don't know the eau de toilette any more than the women's version). The shelf life and sillage of the Eau de Parfum are really first-class, i.e. the dosage is rather economical. The mixture comes across as natural to me and not synthetic. Every homme has to decide for himself if he still feels enough homme with Jaipur to approach Femme self-confidently. This not so well known product is definitely worth a test. TRY IT! :o)
6.0 10.0 10.0 7.5/10

A Beast
This is a strong fragrance. Vanilla, musk, cinnamon and powder. But hard to find an opportunity to wear nowadays, even eau de toilette. I think women really like the smell, but it's so warm that it has to be worn in cooler weather.
9.0 8.0 8.0/10

Minigolf
Everything from the grab bag
Yeah, they're still around today. Rarely, but at least. And when I was a kid, I was always obsessed with it. This moment, which revealed to me the inside, which little treasures were inherent in it, was always the most beautiful Some of it was kitsch, others of "great value" for a 7 to 11 year old... A "Dotzball", a whistle, a metal bracelet...and much more.
And today there are scents for me that are "miracle bags". That certainly includes Jaipur Homme. Such a small sample of it at my home has laughed at me just before for testing. And now, little by little, he's "revealing" his little secrets. "Rolls out" slowly in front of my nose, like a "snake buzzer" from earlier times... But the "tones" are sometimes a bit weird, but wonderful.
At first, the citrus-flavored heliotrope seems to jump fresh and cheerfully in front of me to give me a bouquet of flowers. But this one then becomes more and more "serious" and noble. Has something of a summer garden with roses and carnations that smell spicy on the bet.
A pinch of cinnamon in the kitchen left speculatius tickles my nose, delights me, surprise... i like it!! But even more little "treasures" come to light now...a small box made of cedar wood, inside one of the great patchouli oils from the Orient shop and one with dark vanilla... A conglomeration of small surprising delicacies, "toys" and soul delights.
A small part of lovable kitsch, the bigger one a wonderfully "colorful wonder bag fragrance" with depth.
9.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Carlitos01
By the conceiving will of Shiva
Jaisukh was strolling along the dusty road.
Rajasthan is a large country with twisty yellow roads going in every direction, through valleys and mountains, jungles and prairies.
Jaisukh was pretty confident with the directions he had choosen. Nevertheless a yellowish colour was starting to make the blue of the sky disappear bit by bit. Within less than one our it would be night.
-"Jaisukh"! an old voice called!
-"Who's there?" asked the young man! -"Stupid road that never seems to end. And I am imagining voices now.The night is approaching and I am still far from...."
-"Jaisukh!" The old voice called again!
-"Show yourself! Is that you, Krishna? Stop playing tricks on me..." screamed Jaisukh thinking that his brother Krishna was trying to scare him. Jaisukh was well known for its respect of spirits and wizardries. Quite often other boys played creepy tricks on him. On the other hand, having Krishna around only meant that his almost one day long journey was probably about to finish.
The grinchy old voice said slowly and mockingly - "Oh come on little brother, you can't seriously believe in stories of rogue gypsy spirits roaming this dusty roads?"
That wasn't Krishna for sure. Jaisukh started trembling, thinking at one hundred different possibilities, all of them fantastic and frightning, with huge mouths and claws, leaving nothing behind but blood stained clothes. - "Sahib... Sahib, what are you?"
-"Stop thinking about ghosts and death... You still have a long way to go... Give me that brown cinnamon, those flowers, leaves and beans, and I will make something meant for you..."
Jaisukh rethought about his fears. Is it Krishna or not? - "I am a big man and I don't believe in ghosts and evil beings. I am leaving now..."
-"Take this golden bottle with you containing the scent of a heavenly creation power. It will keep you strong instead of fearful, while me and the other good willing companions of Shiva will pray and care for your safe journey and labours. Cleanse and soothe yourself with this essence every morning for in it is concealed the needed strength of Shiva for you to build his resting place of Jaipur. Glory to the ‘Shahar Kotwal’ of Jaipur."
So Jaipur was buit upon Jaisukh cinammon sticks, sweet beans, fragrant leaves and flowers, dried fruits and juicy citrus, scented woods and holy incenses, used to blend the shiny oinment coloured of the same yellow of the Rajasthan sooty roads. Jaisuckh was forever to be remembered as the "joy of winning"* over the long winding dusty trails and the jungle deadly creatures of Rajasthan with the lakes, palaces and heavenly essencial oils of Jaipur.

And the creative secret behind this oily perfume is:
- Scent opening...........10.0 (heavenly pleasant with splendorous citrus, spicy cardamom and flowers)
- Scent Dry Down........10.0 (unforgettable with sweet tonka and cinnamon, balsamic benzoin, hearthy patchouli and woods)
- Longevity....................9.0 (up to 8~9 hours on my skin, with 2 sprays)
- Sillage..........................8.0 (sillage peeking up to 6 feet, projecting for more than 2 hours)
- Versatility....................9.0 (quite versatile, expressing itself better in Spring and Fall, at ease in Winter days and in Summer nights)
- Usability......................8.5 (it's really a "use it almost anywhere" fragrance, but avoid the gym, the seaside or any kind of sweating activities)
- Compliments..............9.0 (This scent pleases both genders. You will smell mysterious, elegant, clean, fresh and maybe sexy for some ladies)
- Uniqueness.................9.0 (just its flankers and some vibes shared with a couple of more recent Amouage perfumes)
- Quality.........................9.5 (high quality ingredients; beautiful sturdy glass bottle; very good spray)
- Presentation...............9.0 (Beautiful flask inspired by the famous astronomical garden conceived by Maharaja Jaï Singh II)
- Price.............................9.0 (€ 29 for a 100 ml non tester flask)

- Average:......................9.09/10.00
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on "Jaipur EDP":
One of the most alluring oriental scents available for a very competitive price. A real masterpiece!
Recommended? Absolutely! I have both the EDP and the EDT. Both are recommended.
Blind buy worthy? Yes - Be bold!

Music: Norah Jones - "Don't Know Why"

note* - "Jaisukh" literally means "joy of winning"

MasterLi
Smooth, Sweet, Spicy Oriental...
This is a very nice fragrance. I have the Eau de Parfum version. Jaipur is the first fragrance that I've tried from this house, and I'm very impressed.

I detect a mixture of cold and warm spices (including cinnamon). I also get a clove like note, which I think is the carnation mixed with a hint of cardamom. The spices here are blended so well with the powder, it's fantastic. You also get the myrrh, the amber, tonka bean and vanilla and it is extraordinary. This reminds me of Habit Rouge (more so the Eau de Parfum, as it has that Guerlain powdery vanilla vibe to it (Jacques Guerlain once said: "there is no good perfume without vanilla"). In that respect, I find Jaipur an exceptional men's fragrance. The quality here shines through. It's an Eau de Parfum for men launched at a time when that concept was very rare. It is probably a more formal perfume and would go well with evening events and events in cooler weather in general. I wear it casually as well as I love the smell so much.

Overall, I think if you are someone who considers themselves a "gentleman", and you appreciate well-made perfumery and fragrances for men, you should check this one out. This one isn't to be missed as the quality for the price (designer level) is very high here. One wouldn't expect anything else from a talented perfumer such as Annick Mennardo the queen of myrrh, resins and balsams. A wonderful oriental composition in almost every sense of the word.

Amazon1975 8 days ago
One of the best I have ever smelled.... seriously great...almost niche quality
Carlitos01 19 months ago
Oriental, Spicy, Fresh, Sweet, Powdery, Citrusy.
complete! delicious! alluring! sexy!
I really love this perfume. It's completely addictive!+7

by Whadelse89
by RedBull
by RedBull

Popular Boucheron

Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Boucheron (1988) (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Trouble by Boucheron Jaïpur Bracelet by Boucheron Vanille de Zanzibar by Boucheron Boucheron pour Homme (1989) (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Place Vendôme (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Place Vendôme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Jaïpur (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Ambre d'Alexandrie by Boucheron Iris de Syracuse by Boucheron B (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Quatre (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Initial (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Miss Boucheron by Boucheron Jaïpur Saphir (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Néroli d'Ispahan by Boucheron Boucheron (1988) (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Quatre Absolu de Nuit by Boucheron