Very helpful Review
By the conceiving will of Shiva
Jaisukh was strolling along the dusty road.
Rajasthan is a large country with twisty yellow roads going in every direction, through valleys and mountains, jungles and prairies.
Jaisukh was pretty confident with the directions he had choosen. Nevertheless a yellowish colour was starting to make the blue of the sky disappear bit by bit. Within less than one our it would be night.
-"Jaisukh"! an old voice called!
-"Who's there?" asked the young man! -"Stupid road that never seems to end. And I am imagining voices now.The night is approaching and I am still far from...."
-"Jaisukh!" The old voice called again!
-"Show yourself! Is that you, Krishna? Stop playing tricks on me..." screamed Jaisukh thinking that his brother Krishna was trying to scare him. Jaisukh was well known for its respect of spirits and wizardries. Quite often other boys played creepy tricks on him. On the other hand, having Krishna around only meant that his almost one day long journey was probably about to finish.
The grinchy old voice said slowly and mockingly - "Oh come on little brother, you can't seriously believe in stories of rogue gypsy spirits roaming this dusty roads?"
That wasn't Krishna for sure. Jaisukh started trembling, thinking at one hundred different possibilities, all of them fantastic and frightning, with huge mouths and claws, leaving nothing behind but blood stained clothes. - "Sahib... Sahib, what are you?"
-"Stop thinking about ghosts and death... You still have a long way to go... Give me that brown cinnamon, those flowers, leaves and beans, and I will make something meant for you..."
Jaisukh rethought about his fears. Is it Krishna or not? - "I am a big man and I don't believe in ghosts and evil beings. I am leaving now..."
-"Take this golden bottle with you containing the scent of a heavenly creation power. It will keep you strong instead of fearful, while me and the other good willing companions of Shiva will pray and care for your safe journey and labours. Cleanse and soothe yourself with this essence every morning for in it is concealed the needed strength of Shiva for you to build his resting place of Jaipur. Glory to the ‘Shahar Kotwal’ of Jaipur."
So Jaipur was buit upon Jaisukh cinammon sticks, sweet beans, fragrant leaves and flowers, dried fruits and juicy citrus, scented woods and holy incenses, used to blend the shiny oinment coloured of the same yellow of the Rajasthan sooty roads. Jaisuckh was forever to be remembered as the "joy of winning"* over the long winding dusty trails and the jungle deadly creatures of Rajasthan with the lakes, palaces and heavenly essencial oils of Jaipur.
And the creative secret behind this oily perfume becomes like this in numbers:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Scent opening...........10.0 (heavenly pleasant with splendorous citrus, spicy cardamom and flowers)
- Scent Dry Down........10.0 (unforgettable with sweet tonka and cinnamon, balsamic benzoin, hearthy patchouli and woods)
- Longevity....................9.0 (up to 8~9 hours on my skin, with 2 sprays)
- Sillage..........................8.0 (sillage peeking up to 6 feet, projecting for more than 2 hours)
- Versatility....................8.5 (quite versatile, expressing itself better in Spring and Fall, at ease in Winter days and in Summer nights)
- Usability......................8.5 (it's really a "use it almost anywhere" fragrance, but avoid the gym, the seaside or any kind of sweating activities)
- Compliments..............9.0 (This scent pleases both genders. You will smell mysterious, elegant, clean, fresh and maybe sexy for some ladies)
- Uniqueness.................9.0 (just its flankers and some vibes shared with a couple of more recent Amouage perfumes in my humble opinion)
- Quality.........................9.5 (high quality ingredients; beautiful sturdy glass bottle; very good spray)
- Presentation...............8.5 (Beautiful flask inspired by the famous astronomical garden conceived by Maharaja Jaï Singh II)
- Price............................10.0 (€ 29 on sale for a 100 ml non tester flask)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;
Opinion on "Jaipur EDP":
One of the most alluring oriental scents available for a very competitive price. A real masterpiece!
Recommended? Absolutely! I have both the EDP and the EDT. Both are recommended.
Blind buy worthy? Yes - Be bold!
Music: Norah Jones - "Don't Know Why"
note* - "Jaisukh" literally means "joy of winning"