Jaïpur Homme 1998 Eau de Parfum

Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron
Top 70 in Men's Perfume
Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Boucheron for men and was released in 1998. The scent is oriental-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Annick Ménardo

CloveClove
PatchouliPatchouli
Tonka beanTonka bean
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 08.10.2021.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron, which differs in concentration.

The Golden Beauty
I can't deny that it took me a while to come around to this scent. Back when I was just starting out, I sniffed the edt along with Boucheron's Pour Homme (which immediately gave me Azzaro Pour Homme vibes) and wasn't convinced. It reminded me too much of waxy, rose lipstick. For the over 60 crowd, you know. Years later, when online reviewers began to sing its praises, I revisited the scent and finally understood my original pressumptions. The rosey lipstick association was gone...and replaced with something else...

From the first spray, it's essentially a cosmetic mish-mash of heliotrope, lemon, spices and florals. The vibe is absolutely that of a hand cream my mother used to use in her bathroom. That was the original association. Smells just like it. In a few minutes the citruses move WAY back and the cinnamon, clove and vanilla come through. And that's when I'm in heaven.

You see, for a couple years now, I've been searching for a perfume that smells just like my favourite brand of organic chai tea (which will remain nameless) as it has the absolute perfect balance between vanilla, cinnamon, clove, pepper, cardamom and ginger. For a long time, nothing had really come close; but when I sprayed on Jaipur edp, within a couple minutes I recognized that vanilla-and-spice combo. It wasn't the same as my beloved chai, but it damn near nailed 40% of it, adding a good dollop of flowers, tonka and some crystalline candy sparkle.

And it's that benzoin sparkle that keeps it from entering the aged waxy territory usually created from a combo of florals, vanilla and patchouli. Within about 20 minutes, a bit of the woods come through as the spices remain in harmony with the sweeter notes, but the fragrance never really wears flat. For the entire duration of the scent (which is considerable >>> 10 hours+) you get a decent pop of warm vanilla, with a few notes thrown in here and there. And it's classy stuff. Bit 90s-ish, very elegant and perhaps leaning more feminine than most masculine-targetted fragrances, but it's an absolute gem of a blend. 100% unisex and superb value; nothing short of what I would expect from Menardo.

In all honesty, I'm disappointed I never gave Jaipur edp a fair shot in the past. It's a real winner for the cool weather and a delight to wear with a sweater or turtleneck. Head and shoulders above nearly all designer releases these days, and currently available for an incredible price. I'll be sad to see this one eventually disappear from the market, probably because it doesn't smell like shampoo or bubble gum. But looking past the cheap, plastic cap that fits way too tight on the collar (a common complaint and one I heartedly agree with), it's a fantastic fragrance. Just don't tighten the cap all the way and you're golden. Autumn here we come!
Friedel
Boys wear Le Male, men Jaipur :-)
One thing in advance, I find both scents extremely super. Le Male-JPG I had with early 20s and Jaipur-Boucheron I own just now with mid 30s.

Should now also not mean that it is a dupe, they are both different fragrances but with a certain same DNA as I find. Le Male one wears as an adolescent young man. The fragrance is a "safe bank" as they say, which also goes down well with the girls and is very pleasing.

Jaipur is in this respect the adult version. For men who have decent beard growth, who can bridge a car effortlessly, who can change a tire at any time, who can attach a TV effortlessly to the wall, just a self-confident man who stands with both feet in life and knows what he wants. The fragrance is also well received by women and pleases.

Jaipur is nice spicy, oriental, sweet and very long-lasting and the price-performance ratio is simply unbeatable.

For everyone the Le Male too sweet or maybe too synthetic is or thinks, as I do, that he is now too old for Le Male, should definitely deal with Jaipur times.
Only flaw is perhaps the bottle. The is finally but also already over 20 years old. But it's primarily about the juice of the bottle.

So have fun testing dear men :-)
Oriental Revelation

Yes, that is a powerful spice core weapon.

The fragrance seems to lack a bit of the typical Boucheron elegance. But if you look at it a little more closely, then there are always some pieces in the Boucheron jewelry collection, which are clearly turned out lush, with a slight tendency to ostentatious exaggeration. In this respect, this is very conclusive.

For my taste, the scent isn't tart enough, especially on the finish. He tends rather to get a little musty, especially in the heart note. This seems for many then too soft and somewhat feminine.

However, I am not of the opinion that the Jaîpur smells feminine.

But I very much appreciate a major merit of this perfume: namely, it has hardly any synthetic components, as has unfortunately become too common, especially lately.

The latest fragrance creations are virtually swimming in ambroxanes and ketones, and one gets the impression that we are actively retreating from nature, on our way to outer space, where there are no more real essential oils...
What I always like very well with Boucheron is that here offenriechlich still the high art of perfumers is used.

Boucheron is also always quite bold, as is often the case with the great traditional fragrance makers like Caron or Guerlain. I call such a thing Heritage. Something that just so belongs and my good faith in good perfumes again uncovered and manifested.

Hurray for traditional perfume making!

New perfume makers should be advised to go back a few steps and see how real perfumes should be made, instead of shoveling around with tons of crystalline chemicals, in which the few real fragrance components are then drowned or recently even left out completely. This is simply degradation, the decline of an industry!

We consumers should then sharpen our noses a bit and develop a feeling for the real thing again. In my feeling, 90 percent of the newly released perfumes are no longer real perfumes, but synthesis bombs, which also smell awful and downright strange, sometimes even abnormal fragrance pyramids.
Great cinema...
Boucheron - Jaipur Homme... when I bought this fragrance a few years ago, I honestly had never heard of this brand. And anyway, I had bought this fragrance only on a whim, because it was so cheap to have. Accordingly, my expectations were also not very high, just let's see what comes so on me.

Then the package came and I sprayed a push in the air...

Admittedly, I was and am far from an expert in this field, but by now I have sniffed a few fragrances, and none of them paint a smile on my face like Jaipur Homme does.
That oriental punch, those wintry spices like cinnamon, vanilla, clove.... everything interlocks and creates a creamy-warm winter dream, which does not let me go since then.

And as if that were not enough, he also lasts forever on my skin like hardly any other.
So far probably the happiest blind purchase in my young "career".

In the sense: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Conspicuously Inconspicuous
First off, the scent: it's spicy, it's resinous, and it's a little sweet. This sweet accord is not trying to be conspicuous with any loud, screechy fruity or floral notes. It is a sweetness that's just there and not trying to offend anyone. Or impress anyone, for that matter.

Performance wise, sillage is at arms length and longevity goes way past the eight hour mark with only two sprays.

So, what kind of man would wear this sweet, spicy, resinous fragrance that is not vying for attention? In my opinion, a man who is ostentatiously reserved. A man whose presence is inevitably noticed, but at the same time does not care. This scent is strictly for the man wearing it and not for those around him. If anyone passing by has an opinion of it, who cares.

Curious? Okay, can you maybe go be curious somewhere else? I'm trying to enjoy this scent.
smells female : YES, smells male : YES
In the world of fragrances there are 2 holy "rules": never buy blind and do not judge the fragrance by the top note I bought 90% of my fragrance collection (approx. 25 fragrances) blind by many reviews, ratings, etc. Find it exciting if you expect one thing, which arrives another, and you think in the worst case: ok the fragrance is not so my taste now, but has quite his raison d'être for this and the occasion.Since Jaïpur Homme is among the top 100 men's fragrances and has a very fair price (25€/100ml EDP) I had to try it, and my expectations were accordingly high.So I unpacked the fragrance, sprayed it 2 times on my wrist and the first smell after 10 seconds: it's cool, and it will surely get better, and it became warmer and spicier later on, surprised me even more. if you want to describe the smell, you can look at the pyramid and imagine something, but a pictorial description would be the performance on an evening at about 7pm at about 20A real work of art with a very good projection and durability (partly also 24 hours on the skin). it also smells definitely unisex, but has a very strong smell.for young people who are into modern fragrances with mainstream DNA it is definitely not recommended to buy blind, but old and young can wear this fragrance if you are into fragrances from the 80's and 90's.
Price/performance masterpiece
To say that a fragrance is exquisite is one of the most common themes in perfumery.
It is a word that defines many things: Excellence, delicacy and subtlety, among others.
Jaïpur is a word that encompasses many others, it is altogether exquisite.
And I think there lies his best capital, in the balance of his notes and in a very beautiful and stimulating development.
My bottle is up to date, so it will probably be reformulated, as its trace and sillage do not match the first comments. However, it saves some hits with the already described aggressive and spicy edition, which however soon points to a vanilla composition. Slightly sweet and with a discreet but warm floral note.
The drying is the best, because everything settles down and is perceived as a refined and elegant set, of which it is practically impossible to recognize each of its notes.
As for the duration and my dry skin, it lasts perfectly for about six to seven hours at the same intensity and then only becomes noticeable when the air blows some vapor off the skin.
Its price is unbeatable; you cannot ask for less.
Wintry, winterly, Jaipur Homme
Influenced by all the positive comments and ratings here, I have decided to buy Jaipur Homme blind.

The top lists for men can't lie after all!

When the scent arrived, I was amazed at how strong and incredibly long it could be heard in the air. It's no secret that spicy, oriental scents have a long shelf life, but this one was the forerunner of my collection when it came to performance from the time it was released.

It's amazing how contrasts sometimes work, and at Jaipur Homme I experienced just such a contrast. It smells of the Orient, bazaar and spices, but instead of a 40 degree atmosphere in the shade, I see the strength of this fragrance in winter
Right after the first sprayers I knew it would be THE winter scent for me and so Jaipur Homme accompanied me on many trips to the Sauerland. For me the scent is closely linked to memories, as soon as I smell it I think of my thick, grey winter jacket.

Jaipur Homme knows his trade well. It smells great, is very strong in durability and can be perceived from afar.

Nevertheless, I have to admit that one of my favourite fragrances is not and will not be one, it is too much bound to special occasions and circumstances for me. I see this scent on my winter jacket, as I walk through the Christmas market in a snowy city and look at the different stalls.

All in all very well done, fair to its price and worth a try!

Smartnose
Jaïpur Homme? More like Jaïpur Femme! But tasty and cuddly-soft. At least unisex.
Those who don't like vanilla and cinnamon in fragrances should keep their fingers off it, especially vanilla is clearly perceptible throughout the entire course of the fragrance. All in all a wonderfully soft mixture that a) reminds me a bit of sun cream and b) tends to be perceived as more feminine by me because I lack a typical masculine component or the one corner or edge. The fragrance is UNISEX perfume (I don't know the eau de toilette any more than the women's version). The shelf life and sillage of the Eau de Parfum are really first-class, i.e. the dosage is rather economical. The mixture comes across as natural to me and not synthetic. Every homme has to decide for himself if he still feels enough homme with Jaipur to approach Femme self-confidently. This not so well known product is definitely worth a test. TRY IT! :o)
A Beast
This is a strong fragrance. Vanilla, musk, cinnamon and powder. But hard to find an opportunity to wear nowadays, even eau de toilette. I think women really like the smell, but it's so warm that it has to be worn in cooler weather.

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
4.5
What is this? Why is it rated that high? it smells like an old women - and even for an elderly woman there are numerous better options
BertolucciKBertolucciK 11 months ago
Strong opening with citruses and spicy flowers. In the drydown, a balsamic and sweet blend of carnation, tonka bean, cinnamon, benzoin.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 1 year ago
This is western interpretation of the east. Nevertheless it is lovely parfum .i wish It was richer,mine doesn’t last long.Perfectly unisex
Amazon1975Amazon1975 2 years ago
One of the best I have ever smelled.... seriously great...almost niche quality
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Oriental, Spicy, Fresh, Sweet, Powdery, Citrusy.
complete! delicious! alluring! sexy!
I really love this perfume. It's completely addictive!
H27H27 4 years ago
One of the best that I ever tried. Not safe blind-buy but I really like it.

Für Fresh/ Verschleiß. ...Man kann sowas ja heute neu kaufen, aber bei mir sah sie anfangs nicht so aus :)
by Graybeard
by Maximus001
by Whadelse89
by Whadelse89

Popular Boucheron

Boucheron (1988) (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Ambre d'Alexandrie by Boucheron Vanille de Zanzibar by Boucheron Iris de Syracuse by Boucheron Trouble by Boucheron Boucheron (1988) (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Néroli d'Ispahan by Boucheron Place Vendôme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Boucheron pour Homme (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Boucheron pour Homme (1989) (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Jaïpur Bracelet by Boucheron Orange de Bahia by Boucheron Jaïpur (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Place Vendôme (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Santal de Kandy by Boucheron Quatre Absolu de Nuit by Boucheron B (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Trouble Eau Légère Nacrée by Boucheron Initial (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron