Quatre pour Homme Absolu de Nuit 2017

Quatre pour Homme Absolu de Nuit by Boucheron
Bottle Design Studio Pi Design
Quatre pour Homme Absolu de Nuit is a popular perfume by Boucheron for men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-woody. It was last marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesItalian lemonItalian lemon SageSage LavenderLavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesAkigalawood®Akigalawood® PatchouliPatchouli Black pepperBlack pepper NutmegNutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwoodCedarwood VetiverVetiver VanillaVanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.04.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description

Subtle and Enticing
The newest addition to my collection, Quatre Absolu de Nuit pour Homme by Boucheron, is not your run-of-the-mill fougère fragrance. It opens with a captivating blend of spicy black pepper and nutmeg tempered with lemon, lavender, and sage top notes. It dries down to a lovely, sweet mélange of vanilla with woody notes from patchouli, akigalawood, cedar, and vetiver. It is both subtle and enticing.

It has good projection and longevity, pulling complements even eight hours after application.

Life in the woods
It's a chilly day when I move into my bower in the woods. The previous resident has laid the finest laminate and cleaned it magnificently with lemons. Well, quickly open the windows and let the cool forest air in. The air is indescribably clear and invigorating and although the thermometer shows cold, the warmth is more subtle and pure than in summer. Green herbs thrive under the veranda, crawling through the woodwork.
Simple is this chamber, but it will do. I want to experience life anew, to approach real life, but I do not want to practice renunciation, unless it is absolutely necessary. So I didn't bring much, just a few spices, pepper, nutmeg and vanilla. So I stand by the window, close my eyes and take a deep breath Sweet grass swells up through the joints in the ground. Green swaths of spicy scent fill the chamber, overgrowing everything artificial and bringing the mind to rest. Cedars sprout and shoot up into the air at a speed never seen before. I linger for several hours with closed eyes and enjoy the silence, undisturbed even by my own thoughts.
"We must learn to wake up and keep ourselves awake again... by the ceaseless expectation of the sunrise, which must not leave us in our deepest sleep." *

----------

To say one thing in advance, I don't know The One and I only smelled Le Male once before eternal times, so here are no comparisons from my side.
The Quatre pour Homme Absolu de Nuit starts with sweet lemon underlaid with lavender and some sage. This is quickly replaced by a soft, woody note and I also notice vanilla. This is probably the Akigalawood®. Fragrances with a ® make me sceptical at first and yes, it does smell a bit artificial, but it is ok (much more pleasant than e.g. cashmeran).
As the fragrance progresses, it becomes spicier (pepper, nutmeg) and then gets a fine green component of vetiver and patch. Then there is the cedar. So I like the fragrance very much. At the very end, the Akigalawood® and vanilla come out again, but only quite close.
The pleasure lasts 5-6 hours on skin, 7-8 on textile.

The Quatre pour Homme Absolu de Nuit cannot be categorized quite so simply: on the one hand boring artificial wood vanilla, on the other hand beautiful green-spicy cedar. Everything quite smooth, without any corners and edges, there would have been surely much more in it. But also a nice, warm no-brainer for the colder season.

----------

* from Walden by Henry David Thoreau
"The One Male"
I bought it because I was looking for a more pleasant Le Male "Clone".
I love the base note of Le Male extremely, but the synthetic of the top note prevents me from wearing it every time.
This one reminds very much of Le Male at the beginning and then changes in the course towards The One (as the previous speaker has also analyzed well).

It is a good fragrance, very pleasant and also sexy with good potential for compliments.
Unfortunately he couldn't finish my search, too bad.

1 short view on the fragrance
KimJongKimJong 3 years ago
A dark variation of Le Male, or a aromatic version of The One. It's really familiar and common, but it's pretty good at performance.

Images

2 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Boucheron

Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Ambre d'Alexandrie by Boucheron Boucheron (1988) (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Iris de Syracuse by Boucheron Vanille de Zanzibar by Boucheron Trouble by Boucheron Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Boucheron (1988) (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Boucheron pour Homme (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Boucheron (2011) (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Néroli d'Ispahan by Boucheron Place Vendôme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Jaïpur Bracelet by Boucheron Boucheron pour Homme (1989) (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Orange de Bahia by Boucheron Place Vendôme (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Jaïpur (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron B (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Initial (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Boucheron (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron