Trouble (2004)

Trouble by Boucheron

Trouble is a popular perfume by Boucheron for women and was released in 2004. The scent is oriental-floral. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesDyer's-broom, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood

Submitted by Loreley, last update on 17.02.2019

One of a kind!
There's just nothing else like Trouble being made today. Nothing. I'm so disappointed in all the newly launched scents, that I've slowly been stocking up on Trouble so I'll have enough to last me for a few years. It's creamy, citrusy jasmine done right. It doesn't go soapy or sharp. It's beautiful, sexy and intoxicating - I can't get enough of it. Why oh why do perfume houses discontinue their most amazing creations?! I'll never understand it.

How do I love Thee?
Oh Miss Boucheron Trouble, you fine thang you, why did you torture me so? You came in a sample but it wasn't enough, I was hypnotized but I didn't know...

...that when you were recommended to me by an experienced nose, you would rock my world from my head to my toes

The citrus listed in the notes kept me at bay, because that's the one thing that will keep me away

You came to me today as a gift from a friend, I tried you at once and you didn't offend

I get powder, which is a favorite of mine, you went on smoothly, then began to shine

Like a long, lost, love who is miles away, you've captured my heart, now you're here to stay

I smell no citrus but lucky for me, the Ambery woods and vanilla are my cup of tea!

From the heart
Nothing dark nor brooding, for me, in this one. It opens up bright and fresh, unfolds with jasmine resting on a blue cedar background, and dries down to a warm amber surrounded with musk.
Not all that groundbreaking, but very well executed.

Here's the thing that never fails to puzzle me, with Trouble, though: On my skin, the drydown takes forever. We're taking a good 10 to 12 hours kinda forever, here, lol. It takes that long for the amber to fully develop.
But when it does...
It takes the jasmine on an unforgettable magic carpet ride!
This is a heady floral oriental that manages to encompass sexiness and comfort in one hazy and mysterious embrace, edged with subtle smokiness, but without ever losing its inital freshness.

One thing to keep in mind: That slight startling element in the top, the one that makes you stop and take a second whiff? That's from the digitalis, lol. You read well: used as a common heart medicine in the 20th century, derived from the Foxglove plant, this is part of the top notes.

Trouble was created to get a physical response in people. In my experience, it does. And it's always a favorable one.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Sky
Femme Fatale: sucking lemon candies, reclining on jasmine, pistol in her panties.
Oooo, Trouble! A very fitting name for a dark & daring, womanly perfume.

Trouble is what I'll be wearing on Hallow'een this year. She fits the bill perfectly: mysterious, deep, smokey, voluptuous & she'll last all night long without corruption. Trouble smells dangerous....in a good way!

Once the citrus opener is tamed, the perfume is all about the jasmine - dark caramel & incense-smoked jasmine ....there is nothing delicate & light about this midnight beauty! The cedar adds a seductive smokey woodsy feel, the amber is rich, warm & inviting. The lemon doesn't lighten the scent (it isn't sour or tart) but it does brighten her dark side, giving her ruby-red richness a glorious, golden glow.

They say the scent of Dyer's Broom can tame both man & beast - Trouble is certainly bewitching & has the strength of a lion. Sillage is good & on my skin the dry-down is a smooth, buttery caramel with the merest hint of citrus, but this is many, many hours later.

I like Trouble. She is a wicked, independent beauty confidently walking in the shadows to a masquerade ball, her black cape with red silk lining flowing behind her.

*the lotion is equally delicious & well worth a few pennies*
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Bring it back!
Whoever discontinued this fragrance is a fool. I really didn't expect much, but now that I've managed to experience a sample of Trouble, I'm almost desperate for a bottle.

Trouble is really unique and sexy in a variety of ways. It opens with juicy citrus, which is supposedly lemon, but I get sweet, pulpy orange. To my nose it's a lightly sugared orange, somewhat of an acquired taste and very gourmand. It reminds me of an orange and poppy-seed cake my mother used to bake.

Some describe it as a beautiful, rich vanilla and bourbon scent, but I don't tend to describe it as that until the drydown, which does become increasingly syrupy and sweet. Trouble is what I'd imagine a femme fatal wearing. It smells a little dangerous but also very alluring and sensual.

In some ways it's quite warm and comforting, however most of the time it has the ability to get the opposite sex's pulse racing. The scent is surprisingly gentle, nothing like the powerhouse I'd assumed it would be, but with that being said the sillage is strong enough to leave a lasting impression.

Trouble is not complex, nor is it what I'd deem a masterpiece, but all in all it's a beautiful fragrance that deserves to stay in the market. I had absolutely no issues with the lasting power nor did I find this fragrance repulsive or green. It's quite possibly one of the nicest, creamiest citrus and vanilla fragrance I've ever stumbled upon.
7.5 4.0/10

Trouble
The opening has a smokey woodsy opening
then in a couple of minutes orange
and lemon starts to appear and
creamy amber and vanilla i'm not
crazy about the scent but i love
the burgandy theme on this perfume.
elegant yes favorite no
but i don't hate it
10.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Three Layers of Lusciousness
Here comes TROUBLE! Yet more radical disagreement over a perfume from the house of Boucheron. I really love this one, with its eccentric lemon-cream opening, its clean jasmine and its benzoin-like barely sweet "amber" drydown. I find the entire trajectory of this creation both comforting and slyly seductive. Simple, yes, but luscious all the same.

I'm trying to understand what's not to like here, but maybe it's a case similar to black licorice: some people love it; others hate it. There's nothing more to it than a matter of taste. If you don't like smooth golden benzoin-like amber drydowns and creamy lemon openings and lush jasmine devoid of indoles, then all I can say is: tant pis pour vous!

by Heavenly85
by Digindirt
by JJ84
by JJ84

Popular Boucheron

Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Boucheron (1988) (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Jaïpur Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Trouble by Boucheron Jaïpur Bracelet by Boucheron Boucheron pour Homme (1989) (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Vanille de Zanzibar by Boucheron Place Vendôme (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Place Vendôme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Jaïpur (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron B (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Ambre d'Alexandrie by Boucheron Iris de Syracuse by Boucheron Initial (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Quatre (Eau de Parfum) by Boucheron Miss Boucheron by Boucheron Jaïpur Saphir (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Néroli d'Ispahan by Boucheron Quatre pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Boucheron Oud de Carthage by Boucheron