Masculin 2 Black Instant 2010

Masculin 2 Black Instant by Bourjois
8.0 / 10 80 Ratings
Masculin 2 Black Instant is a popular limited perfume by Bourjois for men and was released in 2010. The scent is woody-green. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

Main accords

Woody
Green
Spicy
Fougère
Citrus

BergamotBergamot Green notesGreen notes VetiverVetiver Woody notesWoody notes
Submitted by WolfM, last update on 31.12.2022.

5 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 45
Sunday morning in Germany,
09:00 at the gym. Mrs. Pluto pedals to warm up on her bike, observes her long known comrades-in-arms, different scents are in the air. A pungent smell of sweat from the muscle-packed pump during weight lifting, I'm eagerly waiting to see if the 70's sports panty in orange fluorescent paint will burst. Si Armani wobbles intensively from the left to me from the pretty Poserin. She's always perfectly styled, never sweats (well, if you only sit on the devices with a mobile phone, that's not possible). She's just trying to shoot a Selfie with a kissing mouth on the sloping plane, support her with one hand, take pictures with the other, no, she slips. I smile and wonder if I should offer my help. A mid-seventies rudder with Parkinson's before me, I have great respect for how ambitious and diligent he completes his sports program. And he always smells a little like Tabac, beautiful. The smell of maggia flows in from the open window and the filters of the nearby spice mill do not function properly either. And a delicate cloud of cheese foot lies over all the scents, or rather: smells... But then a scent rises into my nose, wonderful, I'm standing in the deepest forest, I know that. That's how Mr. Pluto smells sometimes. But he's not here. One of the four badminton players who just passed by? Must be, though most young guys don't like those "grandpa" scents.

Later I look into the collection of Mr. Pluto, ah, there he is, this inconspicuous flacon Masculine 2 Black Instant, quickly put on a sprayer. So similar was the scent in the studio, maybe it was?
Woody, dark green, moist wood and moss, deep spicy, a hint of citrus, shaving soap.... These are my impressions, all united in a chypre-like Fougérè, which I would like to inhale formally. It smells like a noble classic, distinguished, never obtrusive but audible. A man must smell exactly the same, because I forgive a lot... (well, not everything...) Sillage and durability are in the middle range, at Mr. Pluto the smell holds quite well. The bottle is unspectacular, but functional. Masculine 2 is wearable at any time of the year and at any occasion, at least I feel it is an all-rounder. Even for women's wives? Sure I do. The price? Ridiculous, you could think, phew, soo cheap, that can't be anything, please don't let it deter you. The scent deserves a chance.

Thanks Precious for introducing us, again you hit the nerve :o)!
Top Review 11
Where I stand and a green wind hurts me
Yes, a Fougérè of the finest, a "master of the fresh air", with green, mossy and mild radiation, which goes deeper than one would expect at first glance.
Here I find myself between a deep forest with a lot of undergrowth and mossy trunk remains and a meadow well covered with herbs. And if my nose doesn't want to make fun of me, I can even see roses next to lavender. Dark, spicy and green roses with stems and leaves.
And the trees rustle in the wind playing with the branches and leaves. Carry their green scent into the environment.
Ferns grow where the high trunks have given them a good place, between beech and ivy.
"Black Instant" has such a "fine", densely woven aroma, everything is well coordinated and brings back memories of long walks on warm autumn or spring days.
Especially in these "transitional" seasons, nature allows its pleasant smells to radiate, and this usually when the sun is shining after rain. And a fresh but pleasant wind blows.
And this perfume has the right properties to carry the wearer there in spirit.
And it's "androgynous", only the wind, forest, green, meadow aroma counts!

Very helpful Review 6
Old school pleasant fougére
[Short Review]
Bourjois is a very well known and old cosmetic brand but their perfumes are hard to find. Noses like Francois Demachy, Jacques Polge, Ernest Beaux and Henri Robert, all developped scents for Bourjois. A long time ago I remember to have bought my first Vetiver fragrance and it was no other than the very very good earthy Bourjois Masculin 2 Vétyver. Oh, how I wish to have a flask of it now!
Masculin 2 Black Instant is a woody green fougére, in fact a very pleasant one. It's a very good example of the french perfume crafting skills. It's quite an aromatic fragrance and a feminine head turner.... no, not in a sexy way. It captures the ladies attention with a "what smells so great around here" type of face.
The vetiver note is truly agreable, just a bit dry and green and a tiny bit smoky, standing out in the very simple and linear accords of woods, green and bergamot notes. If you are looking for a dark or gourmand sweet perfume due to the word "dark" in the fragrance name, just look elsewhere.
Longevity is acceptable, but sillage and projection are below average.
If you find one of the few remaining inexpensive flasks in a store, just blind buy it!
Scent rating: 8.0~8.5 /10.0

Oldskool sh#t
I was looking for a nice fragrance to my girlfriend before valentines. I found out that she’ll get a CK Obsession for a certain reason.
I added it to my cart, but I was about to reward also myself for being such a great boyfriend, so I started scrolling down sorted by price. This one was one of the cheapest fragrances(5€), which was lesser than the shipping fee. Nothing to lose.

That’s an impressive fragrance.
But not for me, or not for us.
I like it so much, it’s clear, elegant and sophistocated, and has the same vibe like Azzaro Pour Homme or Drakkar Noir. Gives you a fresh and clean feeling, like just being shaved in a barbershop.
A throwback to the ‘80s.
Sounds good, right?
The only problem is that I was born 20 years later.

I want to love it. I want my girlfriend to love it. But in a world of Sauvages and Millions, it’s almost impossible.

My mom said it’s very very good and nostalgic, but I don’t want to seduce moms, so finally gave it to dad.
It suits her better.

Lemony/Woody - good value
Bought it blindly with Masculin 2 Gold Fever for ab. 5.5 euros each. Lemony, woody and spicy, in this order. Very good longevity (more than 8 hours on my skin), but moderate to poor sillage. Skin scent after ab. 3-4 hours.
Ratings on this site are... shitty. Both of them last about the same period of time, but here we have a difference of 0.6 points between them, which is not true.
More reviews

4 short views on the fragrance
PedroCabralPedroCabral 1 year ago
Intense smell of chic barbershop, directly reminiscent of the barber's chair. An excellent low cost option.
StamatiosStamatios 2 years ago
A well ballanced woody,fresh,citrus, old school but acceptable, masculine with a touch of nostalgia fragrance in ridiculous price.Blind buy!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Masculin2 Black Instant is a woody green fougére, in fact a very pleasant one. The vetiver note is truly agreable, a bit dry, green & smoky.
AmberScentAmberScent 4 years ago
Woody but fresh, spicy yet green, fougére yet smoky, excellent yet inexpensive, promising yet discontinued. A fantastic versatile fragrance!

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

13 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Bourjois

Kobako (1982) by Bourjois Soir de Paris (1928) / Evening in Paris (Perfume) by Bourjois Masculin 2 (Eau de Toilette) by Bourjois Soir de Paris (1991) (Eau de Parfum) by Bourjois Or Masculin (Eau de Toilette) by Bourjois Masculin 2 Gold Fever by Bourjois Evasion (1996) by Bourjois Evasion (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Bourjois Soir de Paris (1928) / Evening in Paris (Eau de Toilette) by Bourjois Masculin 2 Vétyver / Masculin Absolu by Bourjois Kobako Sensuelle by Bourjois Kobako (1936) by Bourjois Soir de Paris (1928) / Evening in Paris (Eau de Cologne) by Bourjois Stephanie by Bourjois Masculin Black Premium by Bourjois Masculin Ouragan (Eau de Toilette) by Bourjois Masculin Acier (Eau de Toilette) by Bourjois Masculin by Bourjois Courage by Bourjois Masculin Jeux de Nuit by Bourjois