Masculin 2 Black Instant (2010)

Masculin 2 Black Instant by Bourjois

Masculin 2 Black Instant is a popular limited perfume by Bourjois for men and was released in 2010. The scent is woody-fougère. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

Bergamot, Green notes, Vetiver, Woody notes

Submitted by WolfM, last update on 03.02.2019

Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
Sunday morning in Germany,
09:00 at the gym. Mrs. Pluto pedals to warm up on her bike, observes her long known comrades-in-arms, different scents are in the air. A pungent smell of sweat from the muscle-packed pump during weight lifting, I'm eagerly waiting to see if the 70's sports panty in orange fluorescent paint will burst. Si Armani wobbles intensively from the left to me from the pretty Poserin. She's always perfectly styled, never sweats (well, if you only sit on the devices with a mobile phone, that's not possible). She's just trying to shoot a Selfie with a kissing mouth on the sloping plane, support her with one hand, take pictures with the other, no, she slips. I smile and wonder if I should offer my help. A mid-seventies rudder with Parkinson's before me, I have great respect for how ambitious and diligent he completes his sports program. And he always smells a little like Tabac, beautiful. The smell of maggia flows in from the open window and the filters of the nearby spice mill do not function properly either. And a delicate cloud of cheese foot lies over all the scents, or rather: smells... But then a scent rises into my nose, wonderful, I'm standing in the deepest forest, I know that. That's how Mr. Pluto smells sometimes. But he's not here. One of the four badminton players who just passed by? Must be, though most young guys don't like those "grandpa" scents.

Later I look into the collection of Mr. Pluto, ah, there he is, this inconspicuous flacon Masculine 2 Black Instant, quickly put on a sprayer. So similar was the scent in the studio, maybe it was?
Woody, dark green, moist wood and moss, deep spicy, a hint of citrus, shaving soap.... These are my impressions, all united in a chypre-like Fougérè, which I would like to inhale formally. It smells like a noble classic, distinguished, never obtrusive but audible. A man must smell exactly the same, because I forgive a lot... (well, not everything...) Sillage and durability are in the middle range, at Mr. Pluto the smell holds quite well. The bottle is unspectacular, but functional. Masculine 2 is wearable at any time of the year and at any occasion, at least I feel it is an all-rounder. Even for women's wives? Sure I do. The price? Ridiculous, you could think, phew, soo cheap, that can't be anything, please don't let it deter you. The scent deserves a chance.

Thanks Precious for introducing us, again you hit the nerve :o)!
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Where I stand and a green wind hurts me
Yes, a Fougérè of the finest, a "master of the fresh air", with green, mossy and mild radiation, which goes deeper than one would expect at first glance.
Here I find myself between a deep forest with a lot of undergrowth and mossy trunk remains and a meadow well covered with herbs. And if my nose doesn't want to make fun of me, I can even see roses next to lavender. Dark, spicy and green roses with stems and leaves.
And the trees rustle in the wind playing with the branches and leaves. Carry their green scent into the environment.
Ferns grow where the high trunks have given them a good place, between beech and ivy.
"Black Instant" has such a "fine", densely woven aroma, everything is well coordinated and brings back memories of long walks on warm autumn or spring days.
Especially in these "transitional" seasons, nature allows its pleasant smells to radiate, and this usually when the sun is shining after rain. And a fresh but pleasant wind blows.
And this perfume has the right properties to carry the wearer there in spirit.
And it's "androgynous", only the wind, forest, green, meadow aroma counts!
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
Lemony/Woody - good value
Bought it blindly with Masculin 2 Gold Fever for ab. 5.5 euros each. Lemony, woody and spicy, in this order. Very good longevity (more than 8 hours on my skin), but moderate to poor sillage. Skin scent after ab. 3-4 hours.
Ratings on this site are... shitty. Both of them last about the same period of time, but here we have a difference of 0.6 points between them, which is not true.

AmberScent 38 days ago
Woody but fresh, spicy yet green, fougére yet smoky, excellent yet inexpensive, promising yet discontinued. A fantastic versatile fragrance!+4
Bottle 6.0
Sillage 7.0
Longevity 8.0
Scent 8.5

by WolfM
by WolfM
by Elqwerty
wunderbarer low budget duft.
by Couchlock

Popular Bourjois

Soir de Paris (1928) / Evening in Paris (Perfume) by Bourjois Soir de Paris (1991) by Bourjois Kobako (1936) by Bourjois Masculin 2 Black Instant by Bourjois Evasion (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Bourjois Kobako Sensuelle by Bourjois Masculin 2 Gold Fever by Bourjois Kobako (1982) by Bourjois Evasion (1996) by Bourjois Masculin Acier (Eau de Toilette) by Bourjois Or Masculin (Eau de Toilette) by Bourjois Masculin 2 (Eau de Toilette) by Bourjois Masculin Ouragan (Eau de Toilette) by Bourjois Ramage by Bourjois Masculin Unique by Bourjois Flamme (1976) (Eau de Toilette) by Bourjois Glamour (Parfum) by Bourjois Courage by Bourjois Flamme (1976) (Parfum) by Bourjois Glamour - Chic by Bourjois