Eau Trouble (2011)

Eau Trouble by Brecourt
Eau Trouble is a perfume by Brecourt for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still in production.

Emilie Bouge

Top Notes Top NotesCarrot, Tangerine, Frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Orange blossom, Tea
Base Notes Base NotesIris, Musk, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 24.07.2019

5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Suitably comfortable
Brecourt is not available where I live ... my bottle of Eau Trouble was gifted to me by a fabulous friend from Monaco. It's absolutely delicious!

Eau Trouble exhibits notes of tangy, hesperidic fruit up top, quickly mellowing into a powdery woodsy melange. I definitely get touches of Incense and Tea and a cosmetic Iris vibe, but the Cedar remains most prominent on me. The note pyramid here suggests something vastly more complicated ... on my skin, Trouble is a fresh, woodsy concoction cast in the mold of a high end Eau de Cologne reminding me of the Prada Infusion series (especially D'Iris) or something to be expected from houses like Creed and Aqua di Parma.
One would imagine that it would be more of a unisex fragrance, but it is marketed towards the fairer sex and I even find it leaning slightly more masculine. Not one to bother about attaching gender to perfume, I would be very comfortable recommending this to anyone. I do find that this creation is awkwardly named ... 'trouble' (disorder) doesn't seem to track with the relatively quiet and sedate (indeed classic) nature of this fragrance.
One of my very close friends (a well known fashion designer who never compliments me on my fragrance choices unless I stick my wrist under his nose) turned to me at dinner one evening and said "you smell wonderful ... this should be your signature!". I don't know so much about that ... suffice it to say that on the odd occasion I do really enjoy wearing it! The sillage here is very comfortable while the longevity is slightly above average ... I can see this one being a favorite with fragrance lovers who work in overpopulated office environments.

When all is said and done, Trouble is beautifully uncomplicated and inoffensive, just the thing for those times when all you really want from your fragrance is to make you smell good :).

by Dimitrakoun
by Dimitrakoun
by Turandot
by Turandot
by Peanut
by Peanut

Popular Brecourt

Farah / Harâm by Brecourt Ambre Noir by Brecourt Eau Trouble by Brecourt Agaressence by Brecourt Eau Blanche by Brecourt L'Amoureuse by Brecourt Avenue Montaigne by Brecourt Mauvais Garçon by Brecourt Contre Pouvoir by Brecourt Oud Santal by Brecourt Eau Libre by Brecourt Esprit Mondain by Brecourt Poivre Bengale by Brecourt Rosa Gallica by Brecourt Off to Ibiza by Brecourt Osmanthus Guilin by Brecourt Subversif by Brecourt Oud Gallica by Brecourt Captive by Brecourt Subtile by Brecourt