Esprit Mondain (2011)

Esprit Mondain by Brecourt
Esprit Mondain is a perfume by Brecourt for men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-fruity. It is still in production.

Emilie Bouge

Top Notes Top NotesGalbanum, Black pepper, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesElemi resin, Tarragon, Lavender, Red wine
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxan, Musk, Myrrh, Cedarwood

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 01.07.2018

MasterLi
A "niche" which smells like a "designer"...
Ok, so Brecourt is a new perfume house created and founded by a young woman, Emilie Bouge. So this is meant to be their "masculine" fragrance (for the gentlemen).

Well, first of all, I think this could be unisex, not just for men. What I get more than anything is fresh Lemon, Lavender and some Pepper. I will try to list what I like about it and what I don't.

The good: It's very fresh. There are some interesting notes like Szechuan Pepper and Elemi Resin, which I love. I also get the Red Wine note (Cabernet Sauvignon).

The bad: This is a "niche" perfume house, and often we say about some "designer" fragrances is that "hey, this is a designer that smells like a niche". Well, the problem is here it is the opposite, we have a "niche" perfume that (unfortunately) smells similar to a type of designer perfume. Which is a shame, because this brand is said to use "pure, natural ingredients".

So to summarise, yes it's a good fragrance. But if you label a certain fragrance "niche" then there are some expectations... and sometimes it can work and other times it can remind you of other things (designer releases). Unfortunately this is the case for me. But I also hope to try more products from this house in the future (every fragrance company has to begin somewhere).

Popular Brecourt

Farah / Harâm by Brecourt Ambre Noir by Brecourt Eau Trouble by Brecourt Agaressence by Brecourt Eau Blanche by Brecourt L'Amoureuse by Brecourt Avenue Montaigne by Brecourt Mauvais Garçon by Brecourt Contre Pouvoir by Brecourt Oud Santal by Brecourt Eau Libre by Brecourt Esprit Mondain by Brecourt Poivre Bengale by Brecourt Rosa Gallica by Brecourt Off to Ibiza by Brecourt Osmanthus Guilin by Brecourt Subversif by Brecourt Oud Gallica by Brecourt Captive by Brecourt Subtile by Brecourt