Poivre Bengale (2013)

Poivre Bengale by Brecourt

Poivre Bengale is a popular perfume by Brecourt for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Emilie Bouge

Top Notes Top NotesBengali pepper, Ginger
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove absolute, Nutmeg, Sandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Cashmere wood, Ambergris

Submitted by WRoth, last update on 25.03.2019

7.0 6.0 8.0 8.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
If you thought of Bengal cats when you heard the term "Bengale", raise your hand now!
Hello, scented freaks!
As already written in my title, I asked you to raise your hand if you had thought of cats, especially the beautiful Bengal cats, when thinking of the name of the fragrance, especially the term "Bengale".

Yes, I see it... now ALL have raised their hands, because you are all incorrigible cat freaks. But I have to say that just Bengaltiger... uh, of course I meant Bengal cats are really very beautiful cats. All cats are wonderful in themselves, no matter what they look like, they are all lovely beings, even if I feel sorry for the naked cats, because they seem to be more sensitive. Well, I'm a cat owner myself... and that makes me one of you! ONE OF YOU!!! Mu ha ha ha ha whether you like it or not.

Aaaaber: Of course Poivre Bengale has nothing to do with cats to get back to the scent. As you can already read here on Parfumo, the name simply means Bengali pepper, a spice that comes from countries with Bengal peoples, from regions in India, Bangladesh and so on. So you can imagine that you are dealing with a spicy scent here, so then, let's have a look...

The fragrance:
The fragrance starts with a lot of pepper, but it doesn't (or not yet...) smell as pungent as you might expect. Besides there are sweet scents as well as cinnamon, and all this combined the top note smells a little like the prelude of the men's fragrance "London for Men" by Burberry.
Then, after a few minutes, the fragrance does not become any sweeter, but rather spicier, in contrast to the fragrance of Burberry. The ginger gets a little stronger and I smell general spices that I can't really identify. The sweet one seems like amber to me and smells very nice.
A little later leather notes are added. The pepper doesn't get stronger later, so that the scent doesn't smell pungent at all, but on the contrary is quite pleasant to hear.
In the base, the fragrance also becomes more woody with the pleasant cashmere wood, which goes well with the other scents and gives the fragrance a softer side despite the spicy scents. And it still smells like slightly sweet notes, which should be amber, but this also seems like a cinnamon-ginger mix to me. A very beautiful fragrance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is rather mediocre. He will therefore only be able to be smelled at one or the other from close range. However, the shelf life is long, the fragrance lasts longer than eight hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular with rounded lower edges. It is dark brown/black and has a gold-plated label on the front. The round lid of the bottle is just as golden. All in all, the bottle is beautiful and looks noble and high-quality.

Okay, that was Poivre Bengale of Brecourt. I have to say that I am positively surprised because I expected a more intense pepper. I don't like very strong pepper, but as well dosed as in this fragrance it can be a spicy enrichment. Furthermore, as I mentioned, the fragrance reminded me of Burberry's "London for Men", which I also think is very great. Therefore, this fragrance is especially suitable for evenings and for going out on autumnal and winter days.

Because of the woody, leathery and generally spicy fragrances I feel the fragrance to be clearly masculine as unisex and would therefore recommend the fragrance to men rather than women here. The ladies can snoop around with the guys,... like with me for example,... but you won't do that anyway *sigh* Aaaaah, I'll never write here again! :DD

Well, that's it. Have a nice evening and see you next time! :)

Popular Brecourt

Farah / Harâm by Brecourt Ambre Noir by Brecourt Eau Trouble by Brecourt Agaressence by Brecourt Eau Blanche by Brecourt L'Amoureuse by Brecourt Avenue Montaigne by Brecourt Mauvais Garçon by Brecourt Contre Pouvoir by Brecourt Eau Libre by Brecourt Oud Santal by Brecourt Esprit Mondain by Brecourt Poivre Bengale by Brecourt Rosa Gallica by Brecourt Off to Ibiza by Brecourt Osmanthus Guilin by Brecourt Subversif by Brecourt Oud Gallica by Brecourt Captive by Brecourt Subtile by Brecourt