Believe by Britney Spears
Bottle Design: Jean Antretter

Believe is a popular perfume by Britney Spears for women and was released in 2007. The scent is fruity-sweet. It was last marketed by Elizabeth Arden.

Loc Dong

Top Notes Top NotesGuava, Tangerine
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoneysuckle, Linden blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Praliné

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.02.2019

10.0 8.0 6.0 9.5/10

Scentacular
The top notes are deliciously exotic and the base notes are silky smooth.

I'm also a huge fan of the bottle. It's a snazzy geometric shape with peridot-colored liquid. It looks even better dressed up with a few peridot charms.
10.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

LadyRogue
Pretty Juice In A Gorgeous Bottle.
After sampling "Cosmic Radiance" and liking that fun and well balanced scent, I was really looking forward to sampling more Britney Spears fragrances. So, when I saw a bottle of "Believe" on special offer for 100ML I didn't need much encouragement to test it.

I admit that the guava & tangerine note in combination with the notes I normally love: honeysuckle, patchouli and amber, had me a bit worried. How would this smell and evolve on my skin?

At first spray a sweet but not too sweet or cloying note (guava I guess) is swirling up to my nose, and before I can say "guava!" the tangerine note joins in and gives it a yummy citric vibe that also don't last too long before a cologne note (and I mean a really nice, brisk and fresh cologne note) adds to the mix and gives perfect balance to the guava and tangerine. Hmmm

Wow! It's sweet, but not too sweet. It's fresh and clean without being too 4711-ish...and in the drydown a wonderful patchouli note grounds this scent and gives it an earthy vibe that also makes it a bit sexy. Believe is a very pleasant surprise! The patchouli note is sweet rather than incense like. So if the patchouli note is deterring you from trying this, don't worry. It's very well blended and will not dominate but rather add more prettiness to this scent. All in all I like this scent for its versatile note mix which makes it suitable for all occasions, really. It's yummy with classy vibes and also pretty in a manner most celebrity scents promise but don't deliver. I purchased the 100ML bottle and use it for leisure, office & evening use alike. It's a really fresh scent with on me a slightly sultry drydown. The BF loves it too (not the most important thing but important enough ;)

And the bottle was just love at first sight! Really, it reminded me of a piece of Lalique glassware I once saw in an antique shop, very unique and eye-catching. The price is also super friendly. So, all in all I can't find fault with this scent and hence can only recommend it! At least sample it, you might be surprised! : )

Silage is: "sweet patchouli yet fresh? Hmm let me smell that again?" -- Longevity is a nice 5+ hours. A wonderful scent in a gorgeous bottle for a steal. What more could a Perfumista want? Enjoy! : )
10.0 7.5 7.5 5.0/10

Green Octahedron!
I have a green perfume problem. Nearly every green perfume I've ever tried has induced in me malaise if not full-fledged illness. So my natural inclination is to steer clear of green-tinged liquids. However, some of my BFFF (best fragrant friends forever) owned and wrote favorably of Britney Spears BELIEVE, so I acquired a tester bottle confident in my belief that this could not possibly be a simple toxic chemical soup.

And it's not. BELIEVE is a thick and viscous, rather sweet oriental perfume with a rich fruity aspect to it. There is enough spice in this composition to warrant placing it in the floriental rather than the fruity-floral category, it seems to me, especially now that the latter has been overtaken by sweet laundry frags.

BELIEVE has a distinctive identity. It does not smell like other perfumes familiar to me, and it has a kind of vague and intangible appeal, although I disagree with reviewers who describe this composition as "fresh" and "citrusy". It seems to me that both BELIEVE and MIDNIGHT FANTASY have the potential to grow on one over time. They have a somehow comforting side and the sillage is big like a bear hug.

Nothing in BELIEVE makes me feel sick, though it is a bit sweet relative to the sorts of perfumes I generally wear. I'd say that the quality is on a par with Calvin Klein or Coty Prestige and better than plain-old Coty celebrity frags, most of which are a big turn off to me. I also am not that fond of Elizabeth Arden (the parent company of the house of Britney Spears), but in this case they used high enough quality materials to make this perfume wearable even by me.

After a couple of hours, BELIEVE starts to seem a tad too thick and insistent, but I like wearing it every now and then, particularly if I know that there is a bath on the horizon. The bottle is FANTASTIC! It's the first ever I've seen of an octahedron in the perfume industry! Bravo! I would keep this bottle even if I hated the juice, but fortunately I do not, though I cannot claim to love it either. There is something strange and off-kilter--even unbalanced--about BELIEVE, but perhaps therein lies its appeal.
7.5 5.0 7.5 9.0/10

Fresh and sweet patchouli
Believe is such an amazingly unique fragrance.

It is one of those scents that grow on you, the more you wear it the more you love it.

When I first tried Believe I hated it. Even when I bought it, it wasn't a favourite. I thought it smelt far too masculine, spicy and strong, with the patchouli giving me some serious headaches.

Almost a year on, Believe has surpassed the other Britney fragrances in my collection and has become one of my favourite choices for Spring and Summer.

Believe is more spicy than it is sweet. If you want the sugary goodness from Fantasy, the sweet syrupy fruits in Midnight Fantasy or the light, girlish florals from Curious, then this isn't for you.

Britney has taken a more mature approach towards this scent. My nose is met with a delightful blend of tropical fruits in the opening which is neither synthetic, overly sweet nor nauseatingly fruity.

The drydown is divine with an interesting blend of lime blossom, honeysuckle, amber and patchouli, which gives this scent raw sex-appeal.

In some ways Believe smells dirty, in a sexual kind of a way. It's spicy, sensual, woodsy and intriguing. I find that I receive compliments mostly from men when I wear this scent.

People who found her other fragrances too sweet, too childish or too mainstream, should really give Believe a try.

by Keikona
by Fragrance01
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Britney Spears

Fantasy (Eau de Parfum) by Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears Curious (Eau de Parfum) by Britney Spears Believe by Britney Spears Circus Fantasy by Britney Spears Hidden Fantasy by Britney Spears In Control Curious by Britney Spears Radiance by Britney Spears Island Fantasy by Britney Spears Cosmic Radiance by Britney Spears Fantasy Intimate Edition by Britney Spears Fantasy - The Naughty Remix by Britney Spears Maui Fantasy by Britney Spears Fantasy - The Nice Remix by Britney Spears Private Show by Britney Spears VIP Private Show by Britney Spears Sunset Fantasy by Britney Spears Rocker Femme Fantasy by Britney Spears Fantasy In Bloom by Britney Spears Prerogative by Britney Spears