Fantasy (2005) Eau de Parfum

Fantasy (Eau de Parfum) by Britney Spears
Bottle Design: Jean Antretter

Fantasy (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Britney Spears for women and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Revlon.

James Krivda

Top Notes Top NotesKiwi, Lychee, Quince
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Sharry baby orchid, Cupcake
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, Orris root, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.06.2019

Sweet & Gourmand
Fantasy is such an iconic perfume from Britney. It is her 2nd perfume and it became more popular than Curious. Fantasy is the first perfume ever that I've got and that is the perfume that made me collect celebrity perfumes. The box has a very Fantasy-esque design. Pink, white, green and blue. The bottle is a basic pink round bottle with green crystals on it. At the initial spray, you get that strong gourmand scent with a hint of citrus that will stay on you for a long time. The cupcake and white chocolate give that gourmand scent and the quince is the note that has a little citrus vibe. It directly reminds me of a pastry! When you enter, you smell that gourmand & sweet paradise. I really like Fantasy! And it also reminds me a lot of memories since it was my first ever perfume! Everyone should try this! If you like sweet and gourmand scents, this one is for you!
10.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Avoirdupois
A fragrance apparently inspired by the dessert trolley !
A very different looking bottle... and a very different sort of scent... like opening a BIG box of luxury candies & chocolates. This will be too too much for some to wear, and it is very decidedly a "girlie" fragrance.

All in all, a wild mixture of cupcake flavours, quite an experience.

MasterLi
For those with a sweet tooth...
Well, I never expected to review something like this... but I try not to be a snob and judge all fragrances equally so I'll try my best.

Fantasy by Britney Spears is a fruity gourmand fragrance for sure! I personally love the note of white chocolate here and I have smelled other fragrances with this note and have liked them a lot. Yes the bottle is very girly etc. and needless to say as a guy I am not a fan! But, I am trying to judge this on the juice alone so bear with me here!

First of all, I really think that when it comes to "food" notes in fragrances such as fruit or chocolate etc. the is no particular "gender" which is associated with them, so in the case of Fantasy I really think that anyone could wear this. Young or old, all that matters is that you like "sweet" or "gourmand" fragrances.

I can't pick out all the notes, but it does smell like a sweet dessert... and the notes certainly do look exotic to me! Lychee fruit, kiwi fruit, a "cupcake" accord, orchid (reminding me of the dark chocolate in Tom Ford's Black Orchid), and especially white chocolate to top it all. It does project quite strong out of the bottle (I think I have an "older" formulation bottle from 2008), but after a while it dies down to a sweet, chocolatey smell which just radiates lightly off the skin. The strange thing about this one is that it's weirdly addictive too. So I find myself wearing it more often. I personally would not wear this in the summer heat, preferring to wear it in colder weather, but it's up to you. It's not a bad fragrance, but if you're into "light" or "inoffensive" gourmands, then try this one, but if you want something in the same field but with just a little more "depth" then go for Black Orchid or Angel by Thierry Mugler.
5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

White chocolate
"Fantasy" smells like pure white chocolate to me. Some say white chocolate doesn't have a significant scent, but I think it's like vanilla only softer since white chocolate is cocoa butter. I smelled on it before I ate some. And Britney's scent is exactly that to me. At first it was irritating because it seemed like the notes were reversed - I detected woods first and then chocolate and no fruits, but after a while it changed. I smelled a bit of kiwi and lychee. It was a fruity sweetness which ended up in the vanilla-like creamy white chocolate note that I like. A bit of blonde woods took away the sweetness not to make it overly sweet. Elizabeth Arden makes good fragrances and I like "Fantasy", although the longevity and sillage in this one are not good, but not as worse as in other Britney fragrances I tested.
7.5 7.5 10.0 6.0/10

One big vanilla cupcake
This fragrance was my first introduction to gourmand scents. When I first smelt Fantasy it was love at first sniff. It was unique, girly, deliciously sweet and intoxicating.

When you first spray Fantasy you are met with a slightly sour burst of tropical kiwi fruit. This however does not last long and eventually the fragrance warms into a soft, vanilla cupcake served fresh from the oven.

My ex-boyfriend affectionately called me 'cupcake' whenever I wore Fantasy, and although I wouldn't describe this fragrance as sexy or seductive, it can be very inviting and playful. The bottle is also very cute and feminine and looks absolutely fantastic on my dresser.

If there were ever a scent-olympics, Fantasy would win the lasting-strength marathon by a mile. I spray this on at 8 in the morning and I can still smell it later that night.

I have been known to wear this scent during the day and also out at night. I have even worn Fantasy on a few casual dates because it has the ability to create a somewhat romantic mood.

This is once again another exceptional fragrance from Miss Britney Spears.

a cupcake and kiwi pink Fantasy...
by Liebmausdana
by Goldlola
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Britney Spears

Fantasy (Eau de Parfum) by Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears Curious (Eau de Parfum) by Britney Spears Believe by Britney Spears Circus Fantasy by Britney Spears Hidden Fantasy by Britney Spears In Control Curious by Britney Spears Radiance by Britney Spears Island Fantasy by Britney Spears Cosmic Radiance by Britney Spears Fantasy Intimate Edition by Britney Spears Fantasy - The Naughty Remix by Britney Spears Maui Fantasy by Britney Spears Fantasy - The Nice Remix by Britney Spears Private Show by Britney Spears VIP Private Show by Britney Spears Rocker Femme Fantasy by Britney Spears Sunset Fantasy by Britney Spears Prerogative by Britney Spears Fantasy In Bloom by Britney Spears