In Control Curious (2006)

In Control Curious by Britney Spears
Bottle Design: Jean Antretter

In Control Curious is a limited perfume by Britney Spears for women and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It was last marketed by Elizabeth Arden. Limited Edition

Claude Dir

Top Notes Top NotesJapanese loquat
Heart Notes Heart NotesCrème-Brûlée, Midnight orchid, Tonka bean, Black vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.08.2019

9.0/10

Good job, Claude Dir!
On my skin, it opens with a burst of fruity notes: I believe it is supposed to be loquat fruit. To be honest, I don’t know how that’s supposed to smell like but for some odd reason, to me it smelled a mixture of juicy pear and apple. At this phase, the fruity notes are fleshed out with vanilla that has a “dark” quality. So it’s fruity but not “pick-off-the-tree-and-bite-down-on-it” kind of way. It makes me feel like I've just tasted a velvety pie with an extremely moist, fleshy, and fruity middle (minus the cinnamon in most pies.)

About 15 minutes later, the fruity beginning lightened, giving way to mild orchid sweetened with that beautiful dark vanilla.

The dry down had a woody but gourmand quality to it: Fresh fruits are totally gone at this point... A hint of the orchid combined with vanilla and crème brulèe. But note that the vanilla still leads in this phase as well.

It is a fairly complex perfume that goes through fruity/floral/woody stages, all accented by a sweet, dark vanilla that never gets cloying, but is invariably present.

Too bad this is a limited edition.
7.5 7.0/10

Fruits in caramel syrup
I have quite often stated that this fragrance is the one scent that I do not like from Britney's fragrance line, however since trying it again, my opinions have somewhat changed.

Although I will not be adding In Control: Curious to my existing Britney collection, I do appreciate this scent.

The fragrance opens with a rich, slightly sweet, cake-like scent. It reminds me of those exquisite Italian cakes that you buy fresh from the bakery, with the cream oozing from the middle and the aroma of the chocolatey goodness and the strong liquer filling the room.

Seconds later you are met with a fruity punch, almost like a bowl of fruit salad. The fruits are there throughout the drydown with subtle hints of vanilla and caramel every now and then.

This fragrance isn't soft and light like Curious, and definitely not as sweet as Fantasy. It's somewhere in between.

It's a somewhat mysterious fragrance, however I wouldn't call it sexy. Flirtatious in nature and incredibly girly, I can see this fragrance appealing to many. In Control: Curious, like her other fragrance Believe, can be worn by any woman of any age, it's versatile enough to do so.

I'm not sure what it is that stops me from falling in love with this fragrance, I think it might have something to do with its dominant fruity notes not blending well with my skin chemistry. With that being said, it's hard not to be impressed by Britney's fragrance line. She has put her name to many great and popular scents, this fragrance not being an exception.

by CocoBee
by CocoBee
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Britney Spears

Fantasy (Eau de Parfum) by Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears Curious (Eau de Parfum) by Britney Spears Believe by Britney Spears Circus Fantasy by Britney Spears Hidden Fantasy by Britney Spears In Control Curious by Britney Spears Radiance by Britney Spears Island Fantasy by Britney Spears Cosmic Radiance by Britney Spears Fantasy Intimate Edition by Britney Spears Fantasy - The Nice Remix by Britney Spears Fantasy - The Naughty Remix by Britney Spears Maui Fantasy by Britney Spears Private Show by Britney Spears VIP Private Show by Britney Spears Rocker Femme Fantasy by Britney Spears Prerogative by Britney Spears Sunset Fantasy by Britney Spears Fantasy In Bloom by Britney Spears