Midnight Fantasy 2007

Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears
Bottle Design Jean Antretter
7.1 / 10 160 Ratings
Midnight Fantasy is a perfume by Britney Spears for women and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Revlon Inc.. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes RaspberryRaspberry PlumPlum Sour cherrySour cherry
Heart Notes Heart Notes FreesiaFreesia IrisIris OrchidOrchid
Base Notes Base Notes AmberAmber MuskMusk VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.01.2023.

8 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Helpful Review 6
Midnight Fantasy
Remember the Strawberry Shortcake line of dolls that were so popular in the early 80's? Well this perfume smells just like the Blueberry Muffin doll!!! At first sniff, that's the very first thing that popped into my head. This scent is strong and brings to mind a nice, juicy blueberry. As far as fruity fragrances go, I feel like this is one of the juciest ones you'll find. Almost straight-up fruit juice! Be careful not to over-apply, it packs a punch. I love the bling-y bottle!

Very helpful Review 4
Night time fruity
Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears the most popular Fantasy perfume after the original Fantasy. The box to this one is a dark blue/purple color with a forest style pattern all over the box, still with the fantasy-esque theme. The bottle is the same as Fantasy but with a dark blue color with light blue crystals all over the bottle. This was the 2nd perfume I have got in my collection. The scent represents exaclty the name *Midnight Fantasy*.
It is a night time scent but also fantasy-esque because of the fruitiness (there are not really much night time scents that are very fruity). At first spray, you get that smack of fruits mixed together: raspberry, plum and sour cherry (and these are also the notes that makes this fragrance a night time scent). Because of the sour cherry, you can feel this slight smell of citrus. And when it dries down, you can smell the fruitiness of the scent but with a nice veil of vanilla behind. I love this scent! This one also reminds me some memories. If you need a night time fruity scent, there you go!

Very helpful Review 5
Rich, fruity jam
This fragrance is in no way similar to Fantasy. It's much darker and fruitier. You can really smell the plum and sour cherry in this fragrance.

The only time I find this scent sickening is when I try wearing this during the day. Because this fragrance is so intensely fruity, I can't help feeling nauseous and overwhelmed. A girl on the bus the other day had doused herself in Midnight Fantasy and I heard quite a few passengers whisper to one another about how strong and headache inducing this scent was in an enclosed space.

However, when worn on a cool night the scent changes and becomes something that I love. I rather enjoy wearing Midnight Fantasy when I go out at night with my friends, and it goes down well in a nightclub atmosphere.

I find the scent to be very sensual, seductive and intriguing. I always feel mysterious and sexy when wearing this. Another added bonus is that the scent is long-lasting, so it won't have vanished after the night is over.
Unfortunately a bad buy
I don't get anything from the cotton candy, raspberry syrup and fruit basket, unfortunately. Maybe it's been reformulated, but Midnight Fantasy smells like shampoo to me. Like blackberry shampoo. More soapy than sweet, possibly even a little sporty. For that, it's great value for money. The scent lasts long and also radiates. A good fragrance for days when you have nothing to do and do not want to "waste" the more expensive fragrances

Helpful Review 4
Headache Inducing Cherryade
Midnight Fantasy was recommended to me as something I might enjoy with my recent foray into gourmand-land. I was hoping that the plum would be more evident than the cherry as I find cherry rather cloying in perfumes. Ironically, I love eating cherries and love the taste. Unfortunately for me, Midnight Fantasy starts with an unbelievably sweet/sour cherry note. It reminds me of cheap fizzy cherryade, which is the one cherry consumable that I can't stand. It may be that it's because both the cherryade and Midnight Fantasy rely on a totally synthetic cherry smell. My daughter, who is a young teenager found the smell overwhelming as well and used the word "pungent" to describe it.

I only applied one spray of Midnight Fantasy and although it made me feel queasy, in the interests of this review, I left it on my skin to dry down and develop. I didn't smell it for about two hours to ensure that it had settled down. After this time, I am pleased to report that the horrible synthetic cherry has all but disappeared leaving a slightly sweet plum and raspberry note supported by a soft amber undertone. I have to say I can't get any vanilla from this or any of the florals that are supposed to inhabit this potent liquid.

I have been wearing it how for several hours and can say that it is very pleasant at this stage. I really wish that the cherry had been left out of it all together. It would have been a beautiful dark fruity compote suitable for the evening without that dratted note. But I won't be wearing it again, I can't suffer through the initial couple of hours and it literally caused me to have a headache which, to my knowledge, has never happened with any other perfumes (even ones I dislike intensely). On the plus side, the bottle is so cute, I will happily spend lots of time taking atmospheric photos of it.

Midnight Fantasy is a bratty teenager eating sour cherry candy and drinking cherryade whilst flipping the adults the finger.
More reviews

5 short views on the fragrance
Patrice123Patrice123 1 year ago
Smells of rubbing alcohol when first sprayed, then it mellows into a cheap, fruity scent that reminds me of drug store hairsprays. Yuck.
AMGMoonHaloAMGMoonHalo 1 year ago
Thick plum cherry berry syrup that should be reserved for cooler temperatures. 90°F/high humidity gives way to a syrupy cloying experience.
Poppy810Poppy810 2 months ago
It’s definitely a sweeter scent and definitely more juvenile(not in a bad way!) For me though it smells exactly like stepping out of the shower!
TruckladyTrucklady 4 years ago
OTT fruit syrup for 30 min. Then, much like the others in dry down. Flippant fun. Why not?!
ScentwitchScentwitch 2 years ago
Raspberry candy in a bottle.
More statements

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

27 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Britney Spears

Fantasy - The Naughty Remix by Britney Spears Fantasy (Eau de Parfum) by Britney Spears Believe by Britney Spears Prerogative by Britney Spears Fantasy Intimate Edition by Britney Spears Private Show by Britney Spears Cosmic Radiance by Britney Spears Hidden Fantasy by Britney Spears Island Fantasy by Britney Spears Curious (Eau de Parfum) by Britney Spears Fantasy - The Nice Remix by Britney Spears Maui Fantasy by Britney Spears In Control Curious by Britney Spears Circus Fantasy by Britney Spears Radiance by Britney Spears VIP Private Show by Britney Spears Fantasy In Bloom by Britney Spears Festive Fantasy by Britney Spears Glitter Fantasy by Britney Spears Sunset Fantasy by Britney Spears