Midnight Fantasy (2007)

Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears
Bottle Design: Jean Antretter

Midnight Fantasy is a perfume by Britney Spears for women and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Revlon.

Caroline Sabas

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry, Plum, Sour cherry
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Iris, Orchid
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.06.2019

Night time fruity
Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears the most popular Fantasy perfume after the original Fantasy. The box to this one is a dark blue/purple color with a forest style pattern all over the box, still with the fantasy-esque theme. The bottle is the same as Fantasy but with a dark blue color with light blue crystals all over the bottle. This was the 2nd perfume I have got in my collection. The scent represents exaclty the name *Midnight Fantasy*.
It is a night time scent but also fantasy-esque because of the fruitiness (there are not really much night time scents that are very fruity). At first spray, you get that smack of fruits mixed together: raspberry, plum and sour cherry (and these are also the notes that makes this fragrance a night time scent). Because of the sour cherry, you can feel this slight smell of citrus. And when it dries down, you can smell the fruitiness of the scent but with a nice veil of vanilla behind. I love this scent! This one also reminds me some memories. If you need a night time fruity scent, there you go!
4.0/10

Headache Inducing Cherryade
Midnight Fantasy was recommended to me as something I might enjoy with my recent foray into gourmand-land. I was hoping that the plum would be more evident than the cherry as I find cherry rather cloying in perfumes. Ironically, I love eating cherries and love the taste. Unfortunately for me, Midnight Fantasy starts with an unbelievably sweet/sour cherry note. It reminds me of cheap fizzy cherryade, which is the one cherry consumable that I can't stand. It may be that it's because both the cherryade and Midnight Fantasy rely on a totally synthetic cherry smell. My daughter, who is a young teenager found the smell overwhelming as well and used the word "pungent" to describe it.

I only applied one spray of Midnight Fantasy and although it made me feel queasy, in the interests of this review, I left it on my skin to dry down and develop. I didn't smell it for about two hours to ensure that it had settled down. After this time, I am pleased to report that the horrible synthetic cherry has all but disappeared leaving a slightly sweet plum and raspberry note supported by a soft amber undertone. I have to say I can't get any vanilla from this or any of the florals that are supposed to inhabit this potent liquid.

I have been wearing it how for several hours and can say that it is very pleasant at this stage. I really wish that the cherry had been left out of it all together. It would have been a beautiful dark fruity compote suitable for the evening without that dratted note. But I won't be wearing it again, I can't suffer through the initial couple of hours and it literally caused me to have a headache which, to my knowledge, has never happened with any other perfumes (even ones I dislike intensely). On the plus side, the bottle is so cute, I will happily spend lots of time taking atmospheric photos of it.

Midnight Fantasy is a bratty teenager eating sour cherry candy and drinking cherryade whilst flipping the adults the finger.
5.0 2.5 5.0 5.0/10

Ambivalent impressions
I have got only a small sample from MIDNIGHT FANTASY, and I have not tried this fragrance with spraying it, so the experiences may be differ after donning. For this price it is not a bad one, but definitely synthetic. The top is fresh and surprisingly fruitty, the client is caught, she will buy the bottle before she would experience the heart and base: I like the smell of dish soap with apple and other fruits, and also like fruity car air freshener, but this is definitely not what I expect from my perfume.

Midnight Fantasy
Remember the Strawberry Shortcake line of dolls that were so popular in the early 80's? Well this perfume smells just like the Blueberry Muffin doll!!! At first sniff, that's the very first thing that popped into my head. This scent is soft and brings to mind a nice juicy blueberry. As far as fruity fragrances go, I feel like this is one of the best you'll find. Such a pleasant and happy smell. Guaranteed to cheer you up. I also love the bottle. This one's a winner!
5.0 7.5 7.5 5.0/10

Buttery Blue Blob
After reading some positive comments about this perfume by some of my BFFF (best fragrant friends forever), I decided to give Britney Spears MIDNIGHT FANTASY a try and so picked up a tester bottle for myself. My first impression, upon spritzing this fragrance on the box in which it arrived was not very promising. It seemed sweet and purple and fruity and did not seem to hold much potential for olfactory interest.

However, I have found that, on my skin, MIDNIGHT FANTASY smells very different. It's almost an oriental scent with a buttery note not unlike that of JUICY COUTURE solid perfume. I'm not sure whether it's the medium which amplifies the buttery aspect of JC or actually contributes independently to the "butter" content of that composition, but I find the JC solid perfume to be VERY buttery. The buttery note of MIDNIGHT FANTASY is quite a bit less pronounced, but still unmistakeable to my nose.

I cannot say that the fruits and flowers are easy to tease apart or even to identify. Instead, MIDNIGHT FANTASY offers a layer of abstract florality and fruitiness anchored in a buttery but also slightly syrupy and vaguely oriental base. Yet it is not unbearably sweet. I do not think that this fragrance is more cloying than JC, and it is definitely less cloying than Van Cleef & Arpels FEERIE edp, which also happens to come in an apparently blueberry-inspired bottle.

The base of MIDNIGHT FANTASY has the same viscosity and thickness that I find in BELIEVE. There is some real heft to these fragrances, which have big sillage and impressive longevity and are certainly edps, not edts. I would compare the overall thickness, strength and complexity of MIDNIGHT FANTASY to that of Calvin Klein EUPHORIA, although the two compositions are very different. Both are heavy enough to be suited only for cold weather, it seems to me.

In the end, I have come to understand how so many of my BFFF (who are generally speaking perfume snobs (-;) own and wear this fragrance, and now that it's in my collection I'll probably wear it now and then. The bottle looked a bit tacky to me before reading that the rhinestones are actually Swarovski crystals which represent stars in the sky. That's a nice metaphor, and the bottle packs as much heft as what's inside, but there is still something somehow kitschy about it. Nonetheless, it joins the ranks of the SJP COVET and the Van Cleef & Arpels ORIENS bottles as extremely well-suited to use as implements of self-defense to fend off nocturnal intruders.
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Rich, fruity jam
This fragrance is in no way similar to Fantasy. It's much darker and fruitier. You can really smell the plum and sour cherry in this fragrance.

The only time I find this scent sickening is when I try wearing this during the day. Because this fragrance is so intensely fruity, I can't help feeling nauseous and overwhelmed. A girl on the bus the other day had doused herself in Midnight Fantasy and I heard quite a few passengers whisper to one another about how strong and headache inducing this scent was in an enclosed space.

However, when worn on a cool night the scent changes and becomes something that I love. I rather enjoy wearing Midnight Fantasy when I go out at night with my friends, and it goes down well in a nightclub atmosphere.

I find the scent to be very sensual, seductive and intriguing. I always feel mysterious and sexy when wearing this. Another added bonus is that the scent is long-lasting, so it won't have vanished after the night is over.

Trucklady 126 days ago
OTT fruit syrup for 30 min. Then, much like the others in dry down. Flippant fun. Why not?!

by Keikona
by NightAngel
by Annkom
by Annkom

Popular Britney Spears

Fantasy (Eau de Parfum) by Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears Curious (Eau de Parfum) by Britney Spears Believe by Britney Spears Circus Fantasy by Britney Spears Hidden Fantasy by Britney Spears In Control Curious by Britney Spears Radiance by Britney Spears Island Fantasy by Britney Spears Cosmic Radiance by Britney Spears Fantasy Intimate Edition by Britney Spears Fantasy - The Nice Remix by Britney Spears Fantasy - The Naughty Remix by Britney Spears Maui Fantasy by Britney Spears Private Show by Britney Spears VIP Private Show by Britney Spears Rocker Femme Fantasy by Britney Spears Prerogative by Britney Spears Sunset Fantasy by Britney Spears Fantasy In Bloom by Britney Spears