The Woods by Brooklyn Soap Company

The Woods is a popular perfume by Brooklyn Soap Company for men and was released in 2015. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Mark Buxton

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Black pepper, Ginger, Bergamot, Thyme
Heart Notes Heart NotesAbsinth, Cayenne pepper, Nutmeg, Orris absolute
Base Notes Base NotesMyrrh, Amber, Musk, Benzoin, Cashmere wood, Frankincense

Submitted by Michael, last update on 01.06.2019

8.0 5.0 6.0 8.0/10

The dense forests of Brooklyn
Coming from the Bowery we turn left at City Hall Park towards Brooklyn Bridge. Majestically golden yellow in the evening light shimmering she rises before us. As we pass them, I close my eyes in excited anticipation of what they might smell like, the dense forests of Brooklyn. So this is where it all started, The Woods from the Brooklyn Soap Company. I feel our taxi leaving the bridge and turning right towards Brooklyn Heights.
For a moment I smell fresh, resinous spices, mandarins, ginger and pepper notes are perceptible as well as initially indefinable warm woods. It goes very quickly until the fresh spice turns into smoky resinous nuances. Here, nutmeg in combination with cashmere wood, little incense and lots of myrrh can be recognized quickly, underlaid by pleasantly sweetish resinous benzoin. Warmly the smells waft through the taxi that I still do not dare to open my eyes. I associate densely grown trees with golden yellow resin and lots of Commiphora shrubs, sweating, dripping and yet already drying on the way to the ground. However, only one hour passes before this warm Sillage clearly decreases. I stick my nose out to the window: the scent now shifts slightly into the musk-like, the frankincense now also gains the upper hand a little more, but rather owed to the decreasing other scents. A three-hour fade-out begins. Voices, brown and red brick houses shimmer more and more through my more and more open eyelids.
Interesting and beautiful, but still rather well-behaved and unspectacular it was here. This is probably what one expects from a daily, relaxing walk in the woods. Only the typical trees of the forest I missed a bit. Adventure is somewhere else. I will not include it in my collection for the time being, but I will keep it in good memory.

by Dunki