The Woods by Brooklyn Soap Company
7.9 / 10 102 Ratings
The Woods is a popular perfume by Brooklyn Soap Company for men and was released in 2015. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes Mandarin orangeMandarin orange Black pepperBlack pepper GingerGinger BergamotBergamot ThymeThyme
Heart Notes Heart Notes AbsinthAbsinth Cayenne pepperCayenne pepper NutmegNutmeg Orris absoluteOrris absolute
Base Notes Base Notes MyrrhMyrrh AmberAmber MuskMusk BenzoinBenzoin Cashmere woodCashmere wood FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by Michael, last update on 26.01.2023.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Wellness feel good hut
The Woods, I'm expecting some real wood. So go!
Powdery green woodiness, which triggers a floating away warmed by autumn sunbeams. Through the green everything seems relatively fresh.
I detect a kind of candied and roasted legume spiciness, which continues as an association with me. As a result, the perfume comes across as sweetly smoky.
Interesting and unusual-usual the overall composition. A companion to go out and feel good. A wellness perfume. All very pleasant without being overly complex.

However, seems like I have such a fragrance already, only, which one is it?
Disquared2 - Potion is given as a comparison. Nah, so I have this gem not in memory, which is unfortunately no longer produced. Thus, I may not be good as a witness for it after all, too long ago.
The spiciness of Bentley - For Men Absolute (aka Gucci - Pour Homme)? Einwenig, yes. However, a completely different direction of the spice.

Overall, I personally expected more. Am not disappointed, but not particularly motivated to invest.
The Woods conceals its woodiness by its softness and sweet powderiness. Thus, it is one of those candidates who clearly and confidently carry wood in the name, but try to trigger more with it than they ultimately know how to redeem it. But unlike Issey Miyake's - L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood or Disquared2's - Wood and - Green Wood, BSC's - The Woods manages to create an authentic aroma of a freshly worked out wooden beam and or fresh light wood shavings at least at the very end. Well, just unfortunately only at the very end.
It also doesn't seem to take too long to get to the base of the perfume. As it seems to me, all Brooklyn Soap Company perfumes seem to have arrived relatively soon in the base. What they all also have in common is that they have a comparatively decent sillage. However, they stay on clothes and skin for a long time, which makes them relatively long-lasting. Some is soetwas yes quite approve.

It should be noted: meanwhile, it is a apothekesquer glass bottle and the fragrance pyramid has changed slightly.
The top notes have remained the same.
At the heart, the absinthe and nutmeg remained. The cayenne pepper was exchanged for the red pepper and the iris absolute against the pale iris.
If it was not exactly the amber in the base before, it is the amber (amber). So at least according to the information of the enclosed leaflet of the Dicovery set.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact Brooklyn Soap Company. They're pretty communicative.
Top Review 5
The dense forests of Brooklyn
Coming from the Bowery we turn left at City Hall Park towards Brooklyn Bridge. Majestically golden yellow in the evening light shimmering she rises before us. As we pass them, I close my eyes in excited anticipation of what they might smell like, the dense forests of Brooklyn. So this is where it all started, The Woods from the Brooklyn Soap Company. I feel our taxi leaving the bridge and turning right towards Brooklyn Heights.
For a moment I smell fresh, resinous spices, mandarins, ginger and pepper notes are perceptible as well as initially indefinable warm woods. It goes very quickly until the fresh spice turns into smoky resinous nuances. Here, nutmeg in combination with cashmere wood, little incense and lots of myrrh can be recognized quickly, underlaid by pleasantly sweetish resinous benzoin. Warmly the smells waft through the taxi that I still do not dare to open my eyes. I associate densely grown trees with golden yellow resin and lots of Commiphora shrubs, sweating, dripping and yet already drying on the way to the ground. However, only one hour passes before this warm Sillage clearly decreases. I stick my nose out to the window: the scent now shifts slightly into the musk-like, the frankincense now also gains the upper hand a little more, but rather owed to the decreasing other scents. A three-hour fade-out begins. Voices, brown and red brick houses shimmer more and more through my more and more open eyelids.
Interesting and beautiful, but still rather well-behaved and unspectacular it was here. This is probably what one expects from a daily, relaxing walk in the woods. Only the typical trees of the forest I missed a bit. Adventure is somewhere else. I will not include it in my collection for the time being, but I will keep it in good memory.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

6 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Brooklyn Soap Company

Purple Ink by Brooklyn Soap Company Italian Vetiver by Brooklyn Soap Company The Irish by Brooklyn Soap Company New Level by Brooklyn Soap Company The Woods Green Ivy by Brooklyn Soap Company Santal Rose by Brooklyn Soap Company Cedar Creek by Brooklyn Soap Company Tobacco by Brooklyn Soap Company Blue Moon by Brooklyn Soap Company Hypnotize by Brooklyn Soap Company Rockaway Beach by Brooklyn Soap Company Purple Ink Artist Edition by Brooklyn Soap Company Brooklyn by Brooklyn Soap Company New Level Celebrate Pride Edition by Brooklyn Soap Company