Bruno Banani Man (2000)Eau de Toilette

Bruno Banani Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani

Bruno Banani Man (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Bruno Banani for men and was released in 2000. The scent is spicy-oriental. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Lavender, Star anise
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Heliotrope, Coffee, Caraway
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.11.2019.

6.0 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Youth sin?
The first time I came into contact with this fragrance was during my time in the Bundeswehr. That was then so about in the year 2001 and I tender 21 years.
I didn't really have any experience with perfume before. Only times from the Mr. Papa the aftershave used and as unfit found.
But I'm sweating right now.
So the smell was something new for me. A comrade ran past me and drew just this fragrance cloud after him. It was a very pleasant and good fragrance.
After a few days I asked him what he had there for a fragrance and he proudly showed me the bottle.
So I immediately went to the next DM after work and covered with perfume, shower gel and deodorant stick.
I have to say that I didn't really know the fine differences in the scents at that time. For me it was just a good and masculine scent.
Time passed and I realized that more and more of my friends also had this Bruno.

So it was time to decide for other brands, because unfortunately this fragrance became a victim of its success and you smelled it constantly and everywhere.

Fortunately, I was often on the road for work and then became aware of my favorite fragrance. The Terré de Hermes. (What I'm still using)

But it must also be said that over the years I succumbed again and again to the temptation and got myself this one Bruno. Even if it stood then long in the cupboard and I then gave it away to friends so I still like the smell. Even after such a long time. It just remains a beautiful classic that can be used for almost any occasion. I personally have now again a bottle of it in the cupboard stand even if I only sniff at it.
Which I like to do because it brings back my old memories.

All in all a beautiful fragrance with which you can do nothing wrong. And for the price you can't ask now that this fragrance lasts all day long.
5.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

A pleasant evergreen
The scent is spicy and fresh, a beautiful cinnamon-like breeze comes towards you. The Sillage is good for the first hour, you are definitely noticed by your fellow men as they pass by. Then the scent becomes close to the skin or the body. Tip: Spray more on the clothes, there the smell smells more intensively and the T-shirt smells still the next day. (As long as you have used a good deodorant :D).
After 2-3 hours it becomes sweeter and one can smell a little vanilla, despite everything it remains very masculine. In total it lasts about 5-6 hours, on clothing until the next day.
A pleasant pleasant fragrance with which you can do nothing wrong. Well suited to smell pleasant, but not to attract attention, e.g. at school or at work. Okay for a date, too, but there are "cuddlier" fragrances on the market. I think it's the best of the cheap perfume series, Bruno Banani.
Good can also be very cheap
5.0 6.0 5.0 7.5/10

TBXXI
Time travel in the year 2007...
I was standing in the drugstore and I saw this bottle. I was almost ashamed to pick him up. My pride made me hesitate, "after all, you are acting in the niche segment" I thought to myself. Look to the left, look to the right. Nobody here! All right, let's go. Test strip, sprayed on and slowly led my nose:

Flashback into the year 2007... It is autumn and so slowly the trees lose their colourful leaves. It storms strongly and so slowly a fog came up. I just got out of the nice hot shower with a fresh shower. In the haze of memory I see myself dressed in underwear standing in my children's room until suddenly from a distance a "Uh-Oh" sounds. It was the notification tone from the famous messenger with the green flower. Full of excitement I ran to the computer with tube screen at that time. A girlfriend I met at the time wrote me if I would like to stop by. "Of course" I wrote back, I had already finished school at 13:00 o'clock, it is Friday. I wonder if that was a good idea After all, it's a girl. Alone to her? What do you do then? Are her parents home? Is this a date yet? Questions about questions that went through my head.

She was 14, almost 15 years old and I was still 13. She secretly opened the front door for me, after all her parents were not allowed to know that a boy was coming by. Arrived in the attic apartment I already got an oriental male scent in my nose which vanished relatively fast because the window was still open. I didn't think anything of it and lay on the sofa with her. We cuddled, talked about God and the world but suddenly... Again! An oriental spicy scent rose into my nose... I was starting to get worried. Is she up to something with the Italian from the 9th? But then it came to me, it was her cuddly toy that smelled like it! I just had to talk her into it. With a laugh she stood up, ran to the cupboard and took out a bottle of Bruno Banani Man and confessed to me her sensual love for this fragrance. She almost went crazy when she smelled him. The bottle looked valuable and had something unique with the slanted stand. I only knew him from commercials. This bald guy with the leather jacket and women stroking him. I also remembered the slogan again. "Bruno Banani, not for everybody".
I carefully sprayed the scent first on the back of my hand to make friends with him and finally on my neck. After all, nothing could go wrong. A better precision landing couldn't have happened to me.
You can imagine the rest of the story. It became a long day that stretched into the night. Without light I walked secretly down the stairs and closed the door behind me. On the way home, two things came to my mind. On the one hand the euphoria and feelings of happiness and even after 10h a sweet delicious vanilla...

Meanwhile, my shame has passed. I grabbed the wrapper and took it to the cash register. About 20€/50ml. A great price, but after all it's just a drugstore smell. Unfortunately, I have to say that the scent is no longer what it once was. Unfortunately, the durability has decreased a lot and also the fragrance composition seems to be slightly different to me. Nevertheless, you don't do anything wrong with him. Mainstream scent from old times, which fits to every occasion. Whether in the office, to go out or simply to indulge in the memories :-)

8.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

Surprising as the Leaning Tower of Pisa
In case you're wondering what Bruno Banani Man and the Tower of Pisa have in common, here we go: both the bottle and the tower are tilting. Definitely, looking at the bottle it's almost impossible not to think at the leaning tower. Albeit I noticed the unconventional bottle design since the very first time I came across Bruno Banani's colognes during my frequent business travels back and forth Germany, yet I was somehow skeptical about even approaching the testers for smelling the cap... sounds weird, doesn't it? I hate that bias, and now I'm more open toward novelty and unknown... By the way, it was just yesterday afternoon that I stumbled into this brand again, it was standing on the shelf on sale, merely 10 bucks or so for a 75 ml size. All of a sudden, I picked the tester up and sprayed twice on my arm, and just waited for... whoa! A cloud of licorice-like aroma enriched by something green and aromatic starts lingering in the air. To be honest, I was expecting anything but this.

BB Man on my male skin opens up with a blast of star anise seeds, so powerful that for a few moments you feel like entering a candy shop full of licorice bonbons of any kind and shape. I like both the taste and the smell of licorice things and this scent has exactly that vibe. Strong at first, then it became slightly moderate, the aromatic lavender and basil start playing around.

It is after a while that a more gourmand and spicy accord smoothly replaces the bitter opening... pungent dried clove buds melt with a freshly made cup of coffee, a bit of caraway and a touch of sweet heliotrope complete this image. It is quite curious about this heart... I thought to smell Bulgarian rose from time to time, but there is no hint of any rose in here, so it couldn't be Bulgarian rose I told myself. Still, the redolence of reddish rose's petals exudes from this beating heart.

Afterward, it turns into a sumptuous incense and cedarwood trail, in the end, and remains a fine trace of raisins with cloves aroma. I think I smell for the first half an hour a pleasant spiced coffee, then vanilla and tonka blend is almost noteworthy to me, a bit smokey and a tad woody. Ouch, I forgot to spent few words about patchouli... maybe, cause it is in its light shape here, not too heavy, dirty, or even earthy.

Long story short, on my skin, it seems to last long with pretty moderate sillage. Though it's a beautiful scent, rather cheap, but still unusual thus "not for everyone". It's a strong scent, and over-spraying it will make it extremely cloying. The spiciness, sweetness, and woodiness make me recommend it for cool and cold weather, spring, fall, and winter.

Quite sincerely speaking, I would say it could be easily a unisex fragrance for ladies who dare wearing masculine stuff. I am puzzled and intrigued to read such different opinions about this scent. But yet, someone's skin is just like a fingerprint - unique, and so is one's perception.

-Elysium

Jazzy76 9 months ago
it might be warm and aromatic, but I find it fresh and light . With its discrete sillage it's the perfect office scent!
Affordable price
5.0
Elysium 17 months ago
Astonishing as the Leaning Tower of Pisa the scent is an oriental blend of aniseed, clove & coffee, and a tail of creamy tonka and vanilla!+6

by Blauemaus
by Helge
by SweetApricot
by SweetApricot

Popular Bruno Banani

Bruno Banani Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Magic Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Pure Woman by Bruno Banani Magic Woman by Bruno Banani Dangerous Woman by Bruno Banani About Men (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Made for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Made for Women by Bruno Banani Pure Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Absolute Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Dangerous Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Absolute Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Man's Best by Bruno Banani Time to Play by Bruno Banani Woman's Best by Bruno Banani About Women by Bruno Banani Loyal Man (Eau de Parfum) by Bruno Banani Daring Woman by Bruno Banani Bruno Banani Man Limited Edition by Bruno Banani No Limits Woman by Bruno Banani