Bruno Banani Man (2000) Eau de Toilette

Bruno Banani Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani

Bruno Banani Man (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Bruno Banani for men and was released in 2000. The scent is spicy-oriental. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Lavender, Star anise
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Heliotrope, Coffee, Caraway
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.07.2019

7.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

World Cup Semifinals 2006
What can you write about this fragrance.
For almost 20 years he is now on the market and he still sells himself.
Meanwhile certainly not as strong as before.
The sales figures in the 2000s of this fragrance would really interest me. Too bad that you can't find such statistics on the Internet, that would have been very interesting.
Fact is, I know almost no guy from my generation (born 1985) who didn't have this scent at least once. And it was always well received everywhere. It is also cheap.
Because not everyone could or wanted to buy the then popular fragrances such as Le Male, Acqua di Gio, Armani Code, Allure Homme Sport or similar. This one goes in the same direction as Le Male, sweet spicy, but smells different.
But to the title... The scent reminds me very strongly of our southern roommates. To be exact, German-Italian.
That may be an evil cliché, but it's meant to be funny. They all looked the same.
White shirt half unbuttoned, rosary chain (David Beckham...), half a tube of gel in the hair, G-Star jeans and these white flat shoes from Puma. Typically Italian about 1.72m tall but eggs to the ground, and if you have not paid attention, he approached your girlfriend. And what perfume did the gentleman wear?
Le Male or Acqua di Gio, if he had a little more money, would call this one. I can still see that in front of me, all the Italo-Playboys at the World Cup Final 2006 as Germany is bitterly eliminated against Italy. This smell was somehow constantly in the air and was overdosed also blatantly.

And now I am curious how many people can remember this time and have to smile. :-)
8.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

Surprising as the Leaning Tower of Pisa
In case you're wondering what Bruno Banani Man and the Tower of Pisa have in common, here we go: both the bottle and the tower are tilting. Definitely, looking at the bottle it's almost impossible not to think at the leaning tower. Albeit I noticed the unconventional bottle design since the very first time I came across Bruno Banani's colognes during my frequent business travels back and forth Germany, yet I was somehow skeptical about even approaching the testers for smelling the cap... sounds weird, doesn't it? I hate that bias, and now I'm more open toward novelty and unknown... By the way, it was just yesterday afternoon that I stumbled into this brand again, it was standing on the shelf on sale, merely 10 bucks or so for a 75 ml size. All of a sudden, I picked the tester up and sprayed twice on my arm, and just waited for... whoa! A cloud of licorice-like aroma enriched by something green and aromatic starts lingering in the air. To be honest, I was expecting anything but this.

BB Man on my male skin opens up with a blast of star anise seeds, so powerful that for a few moments you feel like entering a candy shop full of licorice bonbons of any kind and shape. I like both the taste and the smell of licorice things and this scent has exactly that vibe. Strong at first, then it became slightly moderate, the aromatic lavender and basil start playing around.

It is after a while that a more gourmand and spicy accord smoothly replaces the bitter opening... pungent dried clove buds melt with a freshly made cup of coffee, a bit of caraway and a touch of sweet heliotrope complete this image. It is quite curious about this heart... I thought to smell Bulgarian rose from time to time, but there is no hint of any rose in here, so it couldn't be Bulgarian rose I told myself. Still, the redolence of reddish rose's petals exudes from this beating heart.

Afterward, it turns into a sumptuous incense and cedarwood trail, in the end, and remains a fine trace of raisins with cloves aroma. I think I smell for the first half an hour a pleasant spiced coffee, then vanilla and tonka blend is almost noteworthy to me, a bit smokey and a tad woody. Ouch, I forgot to spent few words about patchouli... maybe, cause it is in its light shape here, not too heavy, dirty, or even earthy.

Long story short, on my skin, it seems to last long with pretty moderate sillage. Though it's a beautiful scent, rather cheap, but still unusual thus "not for everyone". It's a strong scent, and over-spraying it will make it extremely cloying. The spiciness, sweetness, and woodiness make me recommend it for cool and cold weather, spring, fall, and winter.

Quite sincerely speaking, I would say it could be easily a unisex fragrance for ladies who dare wearing masculine stuff. I am puzzled and intrigued to read such different opinions about this scent. But yet, someone's skin is just like a fingerprint - unique, and so is one's perception.

-Elysium

Jazzy76 116 days ago
it might be warm and aromatic, but I find it fresh and light . With its discrete sillage it's the perfect office scent!
Affordable price
5.0
Elysium 12 months ago
Astonishing as the Leaning Tower of Pisa the scent is an oriental blend of aniseed, clove & coffee, and a tail of creamy tonka and vanilla!+6

by Blauemaus
by Helge
by SweetApricot
by SweetApricot

Popular Bruno Banani

Bruno Banani Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Bruno Banani Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Magic Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Pure Woman by Bruno Banani Magic Woman by Bruno Banani Dangerous Woman by Bruno Banani About Men (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Made for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Made for Women by Bruno Banani Pure Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Absolute Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Dangerous Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Absolute Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Man's Best by Bruno Banani Time to Play by Bruno Banani Woman's Best by Bruno Banani About Women by Bruno Banani No Limits Woman by Bruno Banani Bruno Banani Man Limited Edition by Bruno Banani Scent from Hell by Bruno Banani