Bruno Banani Woman (2001) Eau de Toilette

Bruno Banani Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani
Bottle Design: Andre Wilps
Bruno Banani Woman (Eau de Toilette) (Bruno Banani)
Bruno Banani Woman (Eau de Toilette) (Bruno Banani)

Bruno Banani Woman (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Bruno Banani for women and was released in 2001. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty.

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesIvy, Orange, Waterlily
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Lily-of-the-valley, Peach
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.09.2018

Bottle 3.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 5.5/10
Diffuse lights, cotton candy in the air
When the scent came out, it was for me and my girlfriends in a sheer
unattainable league. Unreachable, because it simply did not exist in our country. And our pocket money was, if available, so scarce that we divided ourselves in such a way that even a fragrance for 10, 12 euros was organized only on special occasions.

We all know the magazine ads for the perfume, you I didn't know the smell for years. It was the first time he met me after I moved to another federal state when a friend called this incredibly fragrant bottle her own. The bottle of matt-recycling paper magazines!

Like me, my girlfriend had already moved into her own apartment when I was a minor and lived a life that seemed very privileged to me at the time due to a much better financial situation. I loved using that smell on her. It was my first step towards the scent of the mainstream, I had previously only possessed Yves Rocher scents.

For my 18th birthday I received a voucher for a fairly modest amount for the turquoise fragrance shop, but I felt like a queen. And that scent was one of those that was allowed to come with me.

It was winter, and I never forget that moment. I sprayed this perfume on my scarf in front of the store, closed my eyes and only noticed the glow of the pedestrian zones and the smell of cotton candy through my eyelids. To this day I see this memory in front of me when I smell this scent.

Interestingly, this scent was also omnipresent in our discos, which were moving in the black scene. So I merged with the general cloud of scent around me, didn't stand out and was part of a group that smelled like me.

It took me a while to buy another bottle. I felt too old in my early 20s, too grown-up for this teen scent in an ugly bottle. When I could afford it, I preferred the fragrance of the noble brand rather than the drugstore water. But at some point it was there, the memory. The memory of a fragrance that brought me into the middle, into the mainstream, to which I never wanted to belong. Two souls lived in my chest when I didn't want to attract attention, but please didn't want to be like the others.

It may have been two or three years ago, when I dragged home another bottle with the unattractive shape. And what can I say? At the rate I've been using it so far, it will be used up in 2045.

The fragrance is tame, well-behaved and almost conservative. He's as confident as I was when I was 18 - I had a big mouth, but inside I was afraid to come out of myself. I didn't want to attract attention. Now the fragrance still smells quite intrusive when overdosed. What many young people do. Since I finished university, I no longer travel by bus - which is why I could no longer find the scent in the wild. Whereby, at the last party a friend wore it, whereby I am clearly more content with this than with Alien!

I understand when some people don't like this scent. He is still not my first choice, although I still like him. Would I like him without those memories? Maybe not. It's monotonous, has no development and I can't smell anything out. Maybe my nose isn't trained for it either. I perceive a slightly artificial note that discourages me from wearing the scent in the office. A booming Oriental? No problem! But this one?

I'm ambivalent and think the last bottle lives with me. But I love remembering. The bottle is a fluid reminder of times when things weren't easy, but I was on my way to finding myself. If I had to say what I remember most this year, it was this perfume, too.

It's part of me, like everything in my past. But if he will become part of my future, I dare to doubt easily..... I wouldn't bet on it, though. :)
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
For Freesia Fans
I admit that I had no idea what to expect from this one but I was pleasantly surprised by Bruno Banani "Woman".

On my skin the freesia is the first and most powerful note (I love freesia, so that is always a good thing) it's not a 'slap-you-in-the-face' note, but rather a fresh and light freesia that is quickly teamed up with water-lily (which adds a 'water fresh' vibe) then vanilla, musk and in the drydowm a faint orange note help make this a very pretty and easy to wear floral with a fresh character.

I got this for a steal and I must say that all-in-all it's a very well blended scent. I find that most of the time when I am surprised by a "cost effective" scent, the "nose" behind its creation explains it al. Thierry Wasser has made some real beauties and he has clearly tried to make a good value/price scent.

A fun & affordable scent for all round wear and perfect for spring / summer. It's more fresh-floral than sweet and is a very pretty & happy scent. Let it settle after you spray it because it needs a bit of time to unfold.

Silage is: "pretty fresh florals that are amplified by a spray on your clothes" - longevity is good with on me 5+ hours.

A must sniff for people who would like to sample an affordable freesia-fresh based scent in a modern bottle. Enjoy! : )

NB
Dear fellow Perfumistas, this is my first review in 2013....I would like to wish you all a wonderful 2013! Filled with happiness, health & prosperity....AND...May every scent that is a bargain be loved by your chemistry and please your olfactory sense into a smile! ; ) x.x.x

Jazzy76 128 days ago
A light floral-synthetic scent with no character and no sillage, maybe perfect for the office because totally inoffensive!+1
Bottle 5.0

• by Hasi by Hasi
  • by DonVanVliet by DonVanVliet
  • by Sonjoschka by Sonjoschka

Popular Bruno Banani

Bruno Banani Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Bruno Banani Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Pure Woman by Bruno Banani Magic Woman by Bruno Banani Magic Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Dangerous Woman by Bruno Banani About Men (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Made for Women by Bruno Banani Made for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Pure Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Absolute Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Dangerous Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Absolute Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani Man's Best by Bruno Banani Time to Play by Bruno Banani Woman's Best by Bruno Banani About Women by Bruno Banani No Limits Woman by Bruno Banani Scent from Hell by Bruno Banani Time to Play Men (Eau de Toilette) by Bruno Banani