Body 2011 Eau de Parfum

Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry
Bottle Design Christopher Bailey
Body (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Burberry for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Michel Almairac

Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
CashmeranCashmeran
MuskMusk
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.10.2021.

Jap.... definitely body
Fresh-floral but in the fine way. A little like good smelling, washed laundry. Pleasant to wear and good for the office. Holds relatively well but after 3-4 hours I have to re-inject. Will certainly repurchase
Noble, Noble, Body
With this fragrance I have a scenario in mind; a party among wealthy, on a yacht, on bright turquoise sea water. All wear white, the woman who wears this fragrance has no worries in life, enjoys your luxury life and the sun rays emphasize your appearance.

This fragrance smells very classy, the top notes and heart notes come across very strong. Even discreetly too strong, if you exaggerate it. The rose one perceives very strongly with the mixture of other floral notes. But when this perfume fades away, a luxurious aura surrounds you.

In my opinion, it's a fragrance for women at least 25+ or even 30+. You should at least have sniffed it before you get it.
The gentle body
This bottle I know for years, to be more specific especially well the body lotion. My mother had this since I am twelve years old and after so some time I surprised her with the perfume. It sits on the shelf and for months I furtively sniff the bottle and love it. It's a powdery rose and don't be fooled, it's a "mature" rose at that, but the absinthe gives it something subtly tart and the peach gives it a tangy sweetness. The rose provides a good balance here, it becomes almost iridescent with this combination and seems "fuller" to me than many of the more modern rose notes. In addition, the cashmeran, through which the appearance is awakened one smells wonderfully tight creamed skin. The scent is delicate in character, but has both body and personality. I find it incredibly attractive and can't help but imagine a freshly showered woman wearing it. In that way, it's office appropriate but still attractive enough to wear on a date. Personally, I always melt a little when I smell it.
My online blind purchase
This is my first comment, please cut me some slack - I'm still over and am a fragile perfume soul.

In the shopping cart is everything I wanted to buy beauty- and perfume-wise. There comes the notice: "Still 31, -€ and the shipping costs are free". Oh dear, today I no longer fall for this marketing trick but a few years ago ... well, maybe I just wanted to keep shopping and my buying frenzy was not yet satisfied. So let's see what else is out there in this price range. With Sale and recommendations, another bottle catches my eye. The long slim body from Burberry. I don't have such a bottle yet. Do you know how it is to choose a bottle, colour or name? Am I really making a blind purchase now? Ok, at that price... then I'm making my first blind buy now.

To the fragrance - top note:
I did not know what comes to me but immediately with the first sniff I was in love. Ok that is times completely different and yet he also exudes something familiar. I just did not come on it. After a look on Parfumo, I now knew that it was the note "Absinthe". I had never smelled that in a perfume before. I also smelled cardamom and clove (even if that's not listed here, maybe the sandalwood comes through a bit). Overall, it's a warm scent, which gets a special and tangy twist from the absinthe note. Also prominent in the top note is a sweet fruity peach. Freesia, musk and cashmeran are also already there.

Fragrance - Heart (after about 1 - 1 1/2 hours):
I take almost all the notes into the heart, even if the top notes now step back a bit and make room for the musk and cashmeran. I don't find the rose, it hides in front of my nose behind the freesia, iris and peach. I'm happy to see the cashmeran and start to snuggle into the scent. It becomes rounder and softer, but at the same time remains elegant.

Fragrance base - dry down (after about 3 hours)
After about 3 hours, I get into the dry down. Musk and amber play the main role and I perceive an incredibly delicate and soft vanilla - mmmmhhh (otherwise I often have problems with vanilla, because usually too strong). The scent becomes skin deep and angelic. But in any case an elegant angel.
Still comes through here and there an impression of the top note - just great done.

Overall, not a great progression, I find here but good so. Often the top note takes us captive and then leaves us sitting alone and unhappy in the heart on the base.

After my first blind purchase -test am driven to my mother in the hospital. She was pale, tired and very sick. When I hugged her, she suddenly smiled and her eyes shone joyfully. "Mmmhhh you smell good". She was a big musk fan. I guess I inherited that from her. Immediately I pulled the bottle out of my purse and let it disappear into the dessert. The scent delighted my mother and sisters as well. A few weeks later I bought the fragrance again, I just had to have it too.

In sum, the fragrance is special to me, elegant, feminine to cozy, medium sweet and recognizable. He has the Burberry DNA. I see him on a chic woman in a light Chashmere coat (does not have to be Burberry ;-)) when shopping. It generally goes with leisure and family and I also take it to the office when I have positive and pleasant appointments or am more internal. At a real business meeting, where it depends, I put on something else.
With me, it comes in the fall and winter to use. But even on a rainy, cool spring day, it brings me warmth and a glow. He holds with me all day and on the clothes even longer. I usually don't give myself more than two sprays, that's enough. Thus, one has a great price-performance ratio.A few compliments from women and men he has also already brought in.

Funnily enough, despite the good experience, this has remained my only online blind purchase. So that was my first comment. I hope one or the other can do something with it.

Sniffy greetings
Your Donnagirl
Wonderfully noble fragrance
I ordered the perfume as a blind purchase at the time, based on the reviews here on the website. I was thrilled from the very first time I smelled it! You definitely smell the rose, but not this pungent rose. It's very delicate and sweet too, but not disturbingly sweet. The scent is so well composed that the sweetness does not disturb at all. I had seen a YouTuberin who said that you cannot describe the scent. And I quickly realized that it is an indescribable scent. I recommend it to anyone who wants to smell extravagant and flowery. In my opinion you can wear the fragrance in every season and on all occasions, especially in everyday life. Regarding the durability: unfortunately the only shortcoming, it lasts, but loses intensity quickly. You can smell it even after hours, but only slightly. In my opinion it could be more intense.
Otherwise, top! Smell even still at the empty flacon, if I need good mood :)
Definitely a fragrance I could keep buying!
Neroline
In a trench coat for a business lunch
With its unmistakable check pattern and legendary trench coat, Burberry represents the British understatement like no other company: restrained, cool, functional and tradition-conscious. That the rather boring trench coat can also be extremely sexy shows us already in the 60's of the last century Audrey Hepurn in Frühstück bei Tiffany: Enchanting how Holly Golightly at the end in the soaked trench coat finally stands to her feelings. Today Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wears the expensive piece on bare skin and lolls on a soft surface.

The fragrance fits well with the style of the house: it is clear with a cool fresh absinthe note at the beginning, then gradually becoming more floral, softer and warmer. The fine heart note of roses, iris and sandalwood is already very feminine. Although Body possesses an amazing durability and also over a remarkable Sillage it is not superficially sweet and clumsy what comes probably by the Absinthe. One is therefore inclined to spray generously, but this makes it obtrusive and bitter. With economical dosage Body is wonderfully suitable as a companion in the office on cool autumn days. After a fresh start it is creamy, velvety and tender. Peach, rose and soft cashmere wood together with vanilla and sandalwood make this fragrance an extremely feminine fragrance. The wormwood gives it a slightly tart note that extends into the heart note and gives Body this incredibly distinguished aura. At the same time it surrounds the wearer with a feeling of freshly washed skin. Especially on laundry this fine noble scent is still perceptible after days.

Conclusion: Body is a noble companion for women who are looking for an individual fine fragrance with a bitter note. I like him better than Nomad. With its unobtrusive yet perceptible aura, it is also ideal for formal and more serious occasions. The bottle is a beautiful piece of jewellery in the bathroom. However, it is too unwieldy for on the way. But there is Body as sweet mini for the handbag...

Daisyvision
I think my entire impression of this perfume is sideways!
This is a strange one for me - it smells so much like a clean, fresh, dewy pine tree after a good rain. I think the woody notes mixed with the peach and wormwood are what's causing this, but man.. it's delightful. And perhaps because of pine association, I feel it's most appropriate in winter (or perhaps even spring, with the aforementioned dewiness). That said, I don't get much warmth from this one, either - To me, it's cool, crisp and refreshing. If I had an office job, this is exactly what I'd wear to work. It's pleasant, doesn't overpower, and isn't at all 'provocative' in my opinion.

Which is why I was so perplexed when I saw the adverts here for it. A mostly nude woman lounging lasciviously in an overcoat? And here, I totally pegged this one for an office-appropriate scent!

A delicate, casual scent
I really admire Burberry as a house, and it's not because they create anything particularly spectacular, but because their fragrances exude a beautiful sense of warmth and elegance while remaining casual.

Burberry Body is a lovely fragrance, very much along the same lines as the Sensuous series by Estee Lauder. Both fragrances sit rather lightly on the skin with a cuddly, yet creamy woodsiness.

Some may be initially turned off by Burberry Body's opening, which to my nose was a little chemical, like the scent of insect repellent or hairspray. I was admittedly annoyed by these top notes, and had grave fears for what would follow.

Thankfully Burberry Body improves throughout its development. It's not an extremely loud fragrance, yet it does have good projection. Cashmere wood and sandalwood are the most dominant accords to my nose, followed by musk and creamy vanilla. The rose is very subtle, tending to be more sweet and fresh rather than tart-like.

Although it isn't technically a skin-scent, Burberry Body smells rather natural and smooth on the skin, like a lightly scented lotion rather than a perfume. I love that I can go about my daily business and occasionally get wafts of a beautiful, inoffensive woods and vanilla blend emanating from my wrists.

The longevity is wonderful, really surprising actually. I was thrilled to detect this light fragrance on my skin a good twelve hours after application. I haven't tried the Body Intense flanker, but somehow I don't want to. This fragrance is perfect just the way it is.

Mind and Body
Fruity,rosy and musky.The whole composition is good ,nice blended but.....there is something sharp green (may be the absynthe) that keeps me from not loving it.This is good floral with rose and peach dominating ,the base is soft woody with sandalwood and cashmerian wood .All in all is nice for daily wearing with good staying power.

TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Saved from boredom by the absinth. Burberry hasn't got sex appeal in them. This proves it; too stoic.

by Strehliwood
by AndyCandy
by Ninina
by Ninina

Popular Burberry

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Her by Burberry Amber Heath by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Burberry My Burberry Black (Parfum) by Burberry Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Gold by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Her Intense by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry Sport for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry Black (Elixir de Parfum) by Burberry