Brit Red (2004)

Brit Red by Burberry
Bottle Design: Fabien Baron
Brit Red (Burberry)

Brit Red is a perfume by Burberry for women and was released in 2004. The scent is sweet-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesJasmine, Mandarin, Rhubarb
Heart Notes Heart NotesGinger, Patchouli, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Gingerbread, Vanilla

Submitted by Sani, last update on 07.06.2018

Scent 0.0/10
Burberry Brit Red: Warning, Oriental with ginger
This went on my skin sour and tart and sometimes sweet - that's the rhubarb, I guess. It was firey, like a midnight barbeque, sweaty and smoky. Haven't yet found a perfume with ginger I like. Many hours later it did dry down into a pleasant vanillic and gingerbread smell but I did not enjoy this perfume.
Don't consider blind buy unless you love orientals.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Rhubarb pie for Christmas Holidays
I chose to wear Burberry Red for the first time while travelling up north on a Christmas day. The lovely scent of tart rhubarb mixed with the slight tingle of spices filled the car, as we drove through the snow covered winter wonderland woods. My first thought was, ‘rhubarb pie and cranberries in the snow’, to describe the crispy feel of the scent. Half an hour later, I thought, ‘mmmm… rhubarb and vanilla’. Warm, spicy and tart, Burberry Red turned out to be a pleasant surprise for me. I was drawn to an unusual note of rhubarb when I bought it blind, but I was not sure what to expect based on reviews. I enjoyed wearing Burberry Red and I will be wearing it again during the holidays. However, I have to admit that both, my husband and I, got serious rhubarb pie cravings while I was wearing this scent. So be prepared to do some baking.

So what is the recipe for a successful rhubarb scent? I know there are no cranberries listed in the pyramid, but I do smell something in the beginning that reminds me of freshly squeezed sour berries with a citrus zing. The rhubarb is complimented by spices and a gentle rose layer in the background towards the heart notes. Finally the crispness is replaced with a gentle vanilla layer turning the scent into a warm and fluffy rhubarb pie sprinkled with gingerbread spice to add a kick. The scent has pleasant presence – not overpowering, but noticeable. I am also pleased with its lasting power for at least of 8 hours. I would like to give Burberry points for creating a scent with an unusual leading note and making it successful.

I think the charming ambience of this scent and the festive bottle with red plaid motif fit the holiday spirit like a glove. I was looking for something unusual and interesting to wear on Christmas day and Burberry Red fit the bill. Overall score 7/10.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Vanilla Cream wrapped with Red Rhubarb,
What do you get when you mix in Vanilla with Rhubarb?,
A sinfully Decadent Dessert Called Burberry Brit Red
Distinction from It's White Counterpart
It's Juicy Accord which gives it a Delectable Character,
As Brit Red Dries we get a Blast of Vanilla Like it's
White Version it's Cloyish In this one they added Gingerbread
which adds a bit of Warm and Zing.

I Totally Agree with the reviews that it Evokes Christmas
it Really Does,

Burberry Brit Red an Image of White Vanilla cream Wrapped with Deep
Red Rhubarb Sauce swirling Around with Sprinkles of Cinnamon and Chai
In a Bowl before being baked in the Oven, Or Sitting
in front of a fire Place sipping on your tea with bright Ornate
Lights Glowing with Calm Ambiance,

Brit Red is not your run of the Mill Gourmand Scent It
has a Special Quality that is hard to Find in Gourmands.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
In the mood... for Baking!
Ginger, vanilla, and... rhubarb! An unlikely combination even in the kitchen, but in a perfume?

In fact, BURBERRY BRIT RED, against all expections (which were perhaps admittedly low...) smells quite nice to me. As its bright red plaid bottle boldly proclaims, this is a holiday scent: to be worn at most twice each year, on Christmas Eve and, perhaps, again on Christmas morning! Not to welcome Jesus Christ, mind you, but oh-so-secular Santa Claus.

This is a likeable fragrance to anyone who likes sweetness in moderation, at least when it comes to wearing it on their skin... And I do appreciate the novelty of this scent, now and then. To be precise: twice each year!

A good perfume to put you in the mood for...
baking!
Scent 8.0/10
Two Words: BODY LOTION!
Brit Red is an atypical gourmand. It's citrus & tart, sweet & spicy, rich & delish, and full of depth & character. I can only echo all the positive reviews this fragrance receives, and I can't add much, except ... BODY LOTION.

The BODY LOTION is outstanding, and the EDP spray and body lotion layer beautifully. Layering greatly improves longevity and sillage ... and gets raving compliments.

Best for cool weather, day or night. Perfect for holiday parties & Christmas evening. I wear this exclusively in December. Even so, my 3.4 EDP will certainly be used up in the next holiday season in its third year. I rarely use up a frag, so that's an indication of how much I dearly love Brit Red.

This was a blind buy because I adored Brit and was confident the rhubarb & spices would work for me. Unless you fall in that camp, it's probably best to sample first.

Rating: 5 out of 5.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Deliciously spicy rhubarb
So, so very beautiful. A sweet and mildly spicy vanilla fragrance which has all the class and sophistication of a true Burberry perfume.

While most of Burberry's fragrances are casual and Summery, Brit Red I would dare to wear to any formal event. I believe that I could never tire of this exquisite fragrance.

Brit Red is warm and comforting while at the same time it's incredibly sexy. It has all the appeal of a floral-scented perfume, yet the spicy kick from the rhubarb, ginger and patchouli makes this fragrance so different and so appealing.

For the life of me I cannot understand why they are discontinuing this fragrance. I test many scents, yet it has been quite a while since a fragrance of this kind has grabbed my attention. I do hope to purchase this fragrance so that I can wear it during Winter next year.

I must add that the lasting strength is amazing, lasted on my skin the whole day. The sillage is also good, not overpowering but heavy enough to leave a light trail. I cannot wait to get my hands on a bottle.

Discussions about Brit Red

• by Nisie by Nisie
  • by Wahule by Wahule
  • by Vawallpa by Vawallpa

Popular Burberry

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry The Beat (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry The Beat for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him by Burberry Mr. Burberry (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Baby Touch (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry Black by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body Tender by Burberry