Brit for Men (2004) Eau de Toilette

Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry
Bottle Design: Fabien Baron
Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) (Burberry)
Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) (Burberry)

Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Burberry for men and was released in 2004. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Green mandarin, Ginger, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesNutmeg, Wild rose, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Oriental woods, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.11.2018

Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 6.5/10
Hommage to a Victorian Rose
A 21st century hommage to a Victorian rose. Charmingly sloppy dandy scent. Not easy to love due to the strong powdery character.
First notes of mandarin and ginger not so impressive, but powdery rose and musky-woody-sweet base are gorgeous. Soft and flowery gentleman. It possess some twisted British humor for cold and foggy days. Really appreciate Maisondieu's creative skills. Flankers of this Brit are forgettable.

Rating: 6.5/10
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
In the perfect British mood style
This is the 3rd scent I got from Burberry, just after Sport for Men and Brit Rhythm, which I will review soon. Since I have been enthusiast about those two, and I have read so many positive reviews, I decided to blindly order a bottle of both Brit and London for men.

Since it was a muggy and rainy weekday, this morning I opted for Brit to face a new working day. I believe it's one of the most British of the Burberry offerings, very homey and introverted in comforting but odd ways. As I sprayed it on my chest I sensed a pleasant blend of floral-woody-oriental, powdery fresh, and mostly masculine on my skin. Good choice, it is perfect for cold weather, a late autumn or winter.

Brit opens sharp with an accord of Earl Gray bergamot and green cardamom. When I then spayed it on my wrists I met with a blast of fresh and balsamic notes. It's not offensively powdery on me, a very pleasing aroma, fresh sweet powdery, but a different sweet here, I'm not talking about 1 Million for instance. Indeed, mandarin and freshly cut chilly ginger gives a pungent boost to the opening and blend very well with cardamom.

As soon as I left home, the fragrance encountered the outside cold temperature and a warmer aroma reached my nose. This time the scent was a bit more velvety, silky, so confident and sexy, I guess the wild rose surrounded by the fragrant cedar and the spicy nutmeg played they good job in the cold. Ummm… the more I worn it the better I liked it, a real British cologne, so damn well-designed, no question about that in my opinion. I adore this kind of powdery, it is different from the one released by orris or iris and not giving a slight "lipstick" effect like in Dior Homme, which I love, either.

After that it settles down to a very smoky, powdery spiced wood scent accompanied by sweet musk, tonka bean, and a calming vanilla-cedar accord.

Brit is an awesome fall, winter clear wild rose fragrance. But I will try it on a warmer weather like spring, since it is fresh and might work well. Definitely, I would refrain from wearing it during summer time, too cloying with hot temperature. To me, Brit si very versatile, for both leisure and work time, day and evening. When you get down to the many nuances the Brit has to offer, you’ll find it good either for work or for play.

On my skin projection is good, the initial fresh last for about 2 hours and then it turns woodier and powdery. Longevity is above average, nearly 7-8 hours Definitely, a very thoughtful and well-orchestrated composition for those who appreciate this type of scent. The bottle is in a perfect Burberry style, the overall scent deserves 8/10.

Cheers,
Gianluca
But for a Mean budget...
Fruity - citric freshness and sweet powder on a dark woody amber core, warmed by a touch of ginger.

This ensemble features a glycerine-leatherette wild rose that counteracts the powdery texture and makes something more of it than a run of the mill oriental.

Brit for Men is well put together with good transitions and no false moves, but it has a screechiness due to the large amount of synthetic fruity and woody amber molecules involved which is a shame; it's an otherwise comfy and likeable night time scent, darkly sweet but offset by a cool bitter floral.

Even though BfM contains the germ of an idea which could have been worked up into something really special, it lacked the budget to amount to much.

Nice despite the poor materials.
Scent 5.0/10
Greetings, Earthling. I Am the Baby Oil Vibe.
Upon applying this to my wrists, I heard a tinny commanding voice in my ears: "Greetings earthling. I am the baby oil vibe. I am your new master. Meet my minions, class and fresh. They are accompanying me to your skin where we will sample your body for nine hours and then return to our planet. You must tell your fellow creatures of your experiences, because we like your bodies, and want to return." (*) Being familiar with words, I agreed.

The baby oil certainly dominates, but the scent feels richer, the way Skarb does, and there's a fresh zing to it as well. It's a clean, thick, meaty, and slightly oriental scent. However, it comes off as a "Yo, I am a sexy perfume trying to be sexy," as if it were trying too hard. The initial silage is about two feet.

By five hours, it's down to about a foot, and it smells more like oil and vanilla. By six hours it's down to half a foot, and by nine hours, only a musky sweet base remains. This scent is not as simple as Curve Crush, and it's more consistent than Zino, but that doesn't mean that the experience was one I'd like to repeat (sorry aliens!). Burberry Brit seems excessive somehow. It's not a horrible scent, but the bad boy scents are my least favorite of all the categories of fragrance. I'd rather it had it gone the direction of a heavy citrus scent, like Silver, but the baby oil rules all.

I do appreciate the advanced technology of the sample (thanks DigInDirt!); instead of a vial, or a pipette, it's merely an absorbent pad in a pouch. So whether it's your thing or not, you get one or two uses and there's little waste. Do they still put these things in magazines? I'm not a big magazine reader, which means I can never run for vice president I suppose, but I'm not the target audience for fashion magazines.

* No, I didn't actually hear this voice. This review is a dramatization of the actual experience, and Burberry Brit will not induce schizophrenia. You are perfectly safe wearing it, earthling.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Subtle yet pleasant
It was slightly difficult for me to collect my thoughts and form an opinion regarding Brit for Men, because the scent kind of left me slightly disappointed.

Burberry Brit for Men, seems to me, to be lacking in substance and character. I can barely smell it, apart from spontaneous wafts of powdery ginger and damp woods. Perhaps it is supposed to be subtle, and while I don't like anything too strong on a man, this is going way beyond subtlety.

Sporty, casual maybe, but nothing too outstanding. Pleasant enough but underwhelming in the sense that it doesn't evoke any kind of feelings in me. Honestly, this fragrance could suit a man that loathes fragrance.

The powderiness is not bothersome for me, as I don't find it feminine like some reviewers perceive Brit for Men to be. It's masculine but too faint. There's not enough power to make me love it.

I didn't pick up on a rose note at all, but I advise men to not be turned off by rose in a masculine composition. Rose, when done well, can smell amazing on a man, take Le Labo's Rose 31, for example.

Edit: I have since re-tested this fragrance, and it's growing on me. I was able to smell the rose note the second time around. I do believe I'll be purchasing it for one of my male friends.

Elysium 2 years ago
Bergamot, ginger, rose and tonka work together well. Something that opens like Bvlgary Blve and lasts like Armani Code. A "wonderfall" scent+1
Bottle 8.0

• by Ironheart by Ironheart
  • by Wahule by Wahule
  • by Bulentbc by Bulentbc

Popular Burberry

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry The Beat (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry The Beat for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him by Burberry Mr. Burberry (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Baby Touch (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry Black by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body Tender by Burberry