London for Women 2006

London for Women by Burberry
7.5 / 10 285 Ratings
London for Women is a perfume by Burberry for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes English garden roseEnglish garden rose HoneysuckleHoneysuckle
Heart Notes Heart Notes JasmineJasmine Clementine peelClementine peel PeonyPeony TiaréTiaré
Base Notes Base Notes MuskMusk PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood

Perfumers

Videos
Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.02.2023.

8 in-depth fragrance descriptions
LaRoseNoir89
First a huge disappointment and then love!
Burberry, well, well... A colleague always smelled so beautiful and noble. When I asked her what her perfume was, I first got it, I waited at home and then, it's Burberry. What I didn't know then, there are so many Burberrys and the right one to find, phew... So I went on a search and decided to go for this one because I thought it was the right one. Well, um, no!!! I was really disappointed when I tried it out, because I had ordered a whole bottle online... Until finally the fragrance unfolded and I could sniff its magnificent splendour. Yes, it was love at second sight and this love won't end because for me this perfume is just perfect! Simply noble, chic, rare, well-behaved and yet mysterious!
Helpful Review 10
Simply wow
Today spontaneously tested in the store and been totally flashed: Since I have grabbed yes directly a great Burberry. The fragrance has thrilled me immediately. He just has something special about him. It has a certain strength and heaviness and very seductive but also floral accents in it. Somehow different than most floral fragrances that I have just in memory. I really like super well and is now on my "wish list" on it when I'm looking for a new fragrance again. I think the scent fits great for winter and / or for going out. Would probably prefer to wear it in the evening to dates. Even though I could generally smell it all day. The scent would probably turn my head even more and distract me. So rather what for the next date to stay positive in memory

Helpful Review 5
Boudicea Rules
It's brave to give a perfume the name of the city. Scuttlebut tells me Yves Saint Laurent was sent to Coventry (not London) by his contemporaries when he used 'Paris'. I don't know if there is any basis to that gossip.
Should there be great gravitas attached to the consideration of 'London' for the name of a fragrance? It's forever now, so I suppose there should be. Does it fit?
Does every woman who wears 'Beautiful' have to be beautiful, technically? Is every woman who wears 'London' expected to know that the fearsome Queen of the Iceni, Boudicea, retook Plowonida, or modern day London to you, from the Roman conquerors? That London sits on a bed of red ash from the fires that destroyed it?
It was a tale that Queen Victoria capitalised on when she became Queen at the age of eighteen, part of her marketing campaign, one might say. Elizabeth the 2nd became Queen as a young woman of twenty five just as her namesake, Elizabeth Tudor, did in the 1500s. I'm really warming to the idea of a heady white floral becoming a symbol for London; the association is working for me now. Strong women, loyal and true, warlike at times, but always women. I will wear 'London' with pride. As a Jasmine lover it's dead easy.

My Dad, dead now, might sing 'Any, any, any old iron' with the best of them but his favourite, surely, was
"I get a funny feeling inside of me, when I'm walking up and down. Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner, that I love London town'

Helpful Review 3
London sophistication
Very rarely do I test a fragrance and feel the sudden urge to buy it right then and there without letting it develop fully on my skin. However, London was almost an exception.

London is such a delicate and pretty floral scent. Not only is the fragrance beautiful when you first apply, but it continues its heavenly scent right until the very end. There is nothing to dislike about this fragrance.

It has a classic-like smell, possibly because of the rose and jasmine notes, however this is in no way an 'old lady' perfume. The scent is soft, feminine, youthful and elegant.

I wouldn't describe London as being outrageously sexual or provocative, because it definitely is none of those. Burberry scents are what I refer to as 'comfort scents', fragrances that you can feel comfortable wearing during the daytime, around the house, on a picnic or simply relaxing. I love that laid-back approach they have when creating their scents.

Although I have never been to London, I believe this fragrance has captured the beauty and history that makes London so special. This fragrance would also be suited to England's cold climate, with its ability to create warmth and to uplift your spirits on a cold Winter's day.

Although I resisted the urge to purchase this fragrance the other day, it will definitely stayed fixed on my wishlist until I buy it, which will probably be very soon.

Helpful Review 2
A little goes a long way
Warning: Be light on the trigger with this! I was a bit careless and sprayed as much as I usually do. This is a GRAND bouquet of white flowers where no one stands out compared to the others. For me it is enough to spray on the finger and dab a little behind the ears. In moderation it is absolutely lovely and a compliment getter.
More reviews

3 short views on the fragrance
Steffi91Steffi91 3 months ago
This perfume is too sweet for my taste, it's not my favourite.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
floral and feminine, but quite banal, it could be the perfect office scent. Light-discrete sillage and particular bottle
TruckladyTrucklady 4 years ago
Soft, breezy floral for a mild spring day. Pleasant, inoffensive, very much a hallmark of the noughties style.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

21 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Burberry

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Amber Heath by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Her (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry My Burberry Black (Parfum) by Burberry Her Intense by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit for Him (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Burberry My Burberry Black (Elixir de Parfum) by Burberry Hero (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry