London for Women (2006)

London for Women by Burberry

London for Women is a popular perfume by Burberry for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesEnglish garden rose, Honeysuckle
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Clementine zest, Peony, Tiaré
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.12.2018

MasterLi
Beautiful, elegant and modern...
A real beautiful smell here. A delicate and balanced floral done in a very good way which really brings out the jasmine, honeysuckle and orange citrus aspects.

This is a very clean, polished floral scent which is like old fashioned hand made floral soap, but totally wearable for the current generation. I have the men's version and I wear that one but I could see this as a very worthy, equally classy, totally elegant companion to that one.

Burberry London for Women opens with honeysuckle and tangerine, it is so fresh and clean and soft smelling, very warm and comforting. The mid is a host of white florals: jasmine, tiare and peony, whilst the base is a typical sandalwood, white musk & patchouli combination.

I think this would make a fantastic choice for women. Although I have worn it there is something so beautiful and fresh and feminine about it that I realise it would smell fantastic on an attractive young woman. It gives out a young, carefree, polished vibe that is very alluring on the right person.

At times I think it might be too much in hot weather, so I think the best time for this one is Autumn and Spring (especially Spring and early Summer). There is something about it (perhaps the gorgeous white florals?) that lends itself to that time of year.

Overall, a perfect choice for young, trendy women, and women of all ages in general. Jasmine is one of my absolute favourite notes to smell on anyone, and here the combination with the soft, musky, soapy florals which surround it give it a plush, polished and warm inviting vibe. Highly recommended, especially for spring and summer, and for the price you can't beat it.
Boudicea Rules
It's brave to give a perfume the name of the city. Scuttlebut tells me Yves Saint Laurent was sent to Coventry (not London) by his contemporaries when he used 'Paris'. I don't know if there is any basis to that gossip.
Should there be great gravitas attached to the consideration of 'London' for the name of a fragrance? It's forever now, so I suppose there should be. Does it fit?
Does every woman who wears 'Beautiful' have to be beautiful, technically? Is every woman who wears 'London' expected to know that the fearsome Queen of the Iceni, Boudicea, retook Plowonida, or modern day London to you, from the Roman conquerors? That London sits on a bed of red ash from the fires that destroyed it?
It was a tale that Queen Victoria capitalised on when she became Queen at the age of eighteen, part of her marketing campaign, one might say. Elizabeth the 2nd became Queen as a young woman of twenty five just as her namesake, Elizabeth Tudor, did in the 1500s. I'm really warming to the idea of a heady white floral becoming a symbol for London; the association is working for me now. Strong women, loyal and true, warlike at times, but always women. I will wear 'London' with pride. As a Jasmine lover it's dead easy.

My Dad, dead now, might sing 'Any, any, any old iron' with the best of them but his favourite, surely, was
"I get a funny feeling inside of me, when I'm walking up and down. Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner, that I love London town'
7.5 10.0 7.5 8.0/10
Nicky
A little goes a long way
Warning: Be light on the trigger with this! I was a bit careless and sprayed as much as I usually do. This is a GRAND bouquet of white flowers where no one stands out compared to the others. For me it is enough to spray on the finger and dab a little behind the ears. In moderation it is absolutely lovely and a compliment getter.
5.0 5.0 7.5 7.0/10
London sophistication
Very rarely do I test a fragrance and feel the sudden urge to buy it right then and there without letting it develop fully on my skin. However, London was almost an exception.

London is such a delicate and pretty floral scent. Not only is the fragrance beautiful when you first apply, but it continues its heavenly scent right until the very end. There is nothing to dislike about this fragrance.

It has a classic-like smell, possibly because of the rose and jasmine notes, however this is in no way an 'old lady' perfume. The scent is soft, feminine, youthful and elegant.

I wouldn't describe London as being outrageously sexual or provocative, because it definitely is none of those. Burberry scents are what I refer to as 'comfort scents', fragrances that you can feel comfortable wearing during the daytime, around the house, on a picnic or simply relaxing. I love that laid-back approach they have when creating their scents.

Although I have never been to London, I believe this fragrance has captured the beauty and history that makes London so special. This fragrance would also be suited to England's cold climate, with its ability to create warmth and to uplift your spirits on a cold Winter's day.

Although I resisted the urge to purchase this fragrance the other day, it will definitely stayed fixed on my wishlist until I buy it, which will probably be very soon.

by Hamraz
by Mcgeitner
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Burberry

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry The Beat (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry The Beat for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Mr. Burberry (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry My Burberry Black by Burberry Baby Touch (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body Tender by Burberry