Burberry for Women (1995)

Burberry for Women by Burberry
Bottle Design: Pierre Dinand

Burberry for Women is a perfume by Burberry for women and was released in 1995. The scent is fruity-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesGreen apple, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Moss, Sandalwood, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Vanilla

Submitted by Sani, last update on 08.12.2018

Burberry for Women
l love when something surprises me and makes me question what I think I know about myself.

On paper, I would have never given this scent a chance. Until I smelled Burberry for Women my favorite perfume was Prada by Prada. I thought I only liked resinous, spicy, earthy scents. I was positive that I hated anything sweet or fruity.

But one day on a whim I sprayed Burberry for Women on me while shopping in a department store. 30 minutes later, I was rapidly retracing my steps to the fragrance counter to purchase what was the most delicious thing I'd ever smelled. I wanted to eat my own arm. This perfume and my body chemistry are like totally LYLAS BFFs.

Just a few months later, and I'm already on my second bottle. I REGRET NOTHING! I've never craved a scent as much as I do this. I feel sort of melancholy on the days I choose another scent from my wardrobe. I find that I'm always eager to come home, shower, and spray the Burberry. Burberry for Women is just comfortable. It's comforting. It's home.
7.5 7.5 8.0/10
Burberry Classic
Burberry Woman (Classic) is the mother of Burberry Brit, that's for sure! And thankfully for me, neither Brit nor Classic are similar to the dreadful, drugstore floral called Burberry Weekend.

Burberry Woman is a very easy-to-wear, low-sugar peaches & cream, vanilla-based scent. It stays close to the skin but lasts a very long time. The jasmine is well-behaved on me (which is rarely the case!) and doesn't have much of a presence (good!). The fruits are present but neither sickly nor sugary... just fresh & sweet. I'm not sure why this is classified as a fruity floral. It's an oriental vanilla to me & the freshest one I've ever tried. However, it's not for the kids - this one is for the women, imo.

Burberry Woman would make a great choice for an office fragrance, an everyday scent, or even a bedtime perfume. It's wearable nearly any time of the year, except perhaps on the hottest days of summer. I often use it as a comfort scent.

It's not gonna get your rocks off, but not every fragrance should. It's an easy-to-wear, pleasant fragrance. I'm a sucker for fleshy fruits (peach, pear, apricot, apples), and sandalwood & vanilla are awesome on my skin. For me, it's not only full-bottle worthy, but I have a back-up too!

The notes of Burberry Classic (for Women):
Top - peach, apricot, cool pear and black currant
Heart - jasmine, sandalwood and cedar
Base - musk and vanilla
5.0 5.0 7.5 6.0/10
Peachy style
This is a rather hard to find fragrance due to it being listed under so many different names eg. Burberry for Women, Burberry Classic, Burberry London etc. When I eventually found it I had my fingers crossed that I hadn't been searching for something that was going to be a disappointment.

Disappointed, I was not. Crazy about the scent? No, not really.

This fragrance is light, creamy and warm. Unlike other Burberry scents, I felt that this fragrance stayed very close to the skin, making it an intimate perfume. When I smell Burberry Woman I immediately think of a hot sunny day, so I'd most likely wear this during the warmer seasons.

The peach, apricot, pear and black currant add a fruity freshness to this scent without making it too sour or overpowering. This is actually a fruity opening that I rather enjoyed.

I don't get a lot of jasmine in this fragrance, however the musk is fairly strong. Overall the scent is comforting and suitable for any age group, but with that being said this fragrance didn't grow on me because I found it rather linear and common.

It's not the best perfume choice if you're looking to stand out from the crowd. Burberry Woman is friendly and casual, not sexy, romantic or outstanding.
5.0 7.5 5.0 7.0/10
Feeling peachy?
I love the smell of peaches but I find that in many fragrances they turn out to be overly sweet or too watery. The peach note in Burberry is done just right. It is delicious but not sickly sweet. It is delicate but not too light. Burberry is pretty, cozy but also classy. It is great for those days when I would like to smell nice but I do not want to make a strong statement.

I love the opening of this scent and I actually think that I smell very nice green apple note along with the peach. The woody notes come through right away and to my nose the scent stays linear with a lovely woody-peach-vanilla combo. I can see that many reviewers compare this scent to Fancy Love by Jessica Simpson and I agree that two of them have similarities. I find that Burberry a bit more on a woody side and Fancy Love is more on a gourmand side.

Overall score is 7.5/10. I do like this scent. Somehow it makes me feel happy and pretty and…oh so peachy.

The sillage is medium and longevity is 5 hours on my skin. I definitely recommend it if you are looking for vanilla and peach fragrances.

Jazzy76 7 months ago
Well balanced, woodier than fruity, it's a "very British" and classy scent, although not so longlasting. Simple but refined the bottle+2
6.0

by Cocolinchen
by Chanelle
by Chanelle

Popular Burberry

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry The Beat (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry The Beat for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Mr. Burberry (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry My Burberry Black by Burberry Baby Touch (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body Tender by Burberry