The Beat 2008Eau de Parfum

The Beat (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry
Bottle Design Baron and Bailey
The Beat (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Burberry for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cardamom, Mandarin orange, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesCeylon tea, Bellflower, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, White musk, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.08.2020.

5.5
A wonderful start
...for my untrained nose. Citric tart and spicy I like the top note really well and lets me hope for a nice tea scent. The best would be a French one, "thé au çitron, s'il vous plaît" was the motto of the French lessons. I don't like to drink East Frisian tea and I prefer coffee black, without sugar.

The teen note comes through quickly and well perceived, but in very unusual company.

On the one hand it has a powdery underlay, that might be the iris, which I have already smelled very nice. As a single note I can't smell it in this fragrance.

And secondly I perceive the musk from the base here early, clearly and long lasting, with which I probably have more frequent problems. It is not very sweet, not softener-like either, but gives me the impression that someone has poured something into my tea. Something foreign to the species, which does not belong there. So not milk, but powdery, wadded and strange.

In the further course of time tea and flowers become weaker and the scent becomes more pleasant for me.

Although this flowery tea scent is otherwise airy, casual, discreet and how well dressed, even adult, unsweet, and also has a good shelf life, it will not stay with me. Watt the farmer does not know...and so on. For me I like "au çitron".
GirlofNow
A little nice refreshment.... That's all
Admittedly I would have gotten this perfume not given I would give the 0 attention ... Something I must simply betonnen I am not a big fan of the Burberry fragrances. So far only one thing has really appealed to me, and that was Burberry Her:))) It just smells soo nice like sugar, berries and lots of jelly babies:D Beautiful.......*-* But the beat is a bit boring for me personally... I got the fragrance as a present from my aunt she said, a fresh variety of the whole Gourmand fragrances would do me good....If she only knew how much I avoid fresh / flowery / clean fragrances or better said hardly wear ... They just fit 0 to me + they hardly last on my skin at least half an hour and then I smell nothing more:(( Well the only fresh fragrance I still like to use and that even only for the summer is the Lacoste Pour femme:D Also that, I am slowly just too bored ... I'm just not made for all the fresh+clean scents!:D
There's something I have to beton! I don't think the scent is bad! It's just not my fragrance... Nevertheless I like to wear after the shower if I do not know exactly what I should wear, it is actually enough. This fragrance is also very suitable for VERY warm days on the sun, simply nothing overwhelming or strong to wear is the beat actually perfect because it is very refreshing and no one disturbs.

When spraying on a light sweet tea note smells...The tea note is neither artificial nor penetrating (I just have to say that I have not yet smelled an authentic tea scent like this one) rather very refreshing:) Also I smell very easily a discreet powdery Iris note, which flies however then also very fast. I smell the bergamot most intensively. The tea note gets fresher and lighter due to the bergamot note which I prefer on very warm days from time to time:) All in all I can only smell out these notes, the other scents I could unfortunately not smell out on my skin because the scent also vanishes so quickly...:(

I don't smell more than two hours on my skin. Which I always find very unfortunate with fresh scents! I find the bottle very sweet!:D I have in the 30ml and it is almost as big as my hand:D In the handbag this scent is very suitable because it hardly takes place and is also not very heavy:) I just want to make it clear again that the scent itself is not bad! But I just love dark, wicked and sweet scents because they fit more to my clothing style and character because I love the mixture of punk and gothic:D Nevertheless I like to wear them especially on very hot days:) I can't say no to this scent... :)

Subtle and fresh
The aroma of tea in perfumes is not a favorite of mine, at least not if it changes over time and becomes almost tobacco-like. In The Beat it is so soft and modest, so it's really great. The more I smell this perfume the more I like it. Once it has settled down on the skin it is like a beautiful bouquet of flowers that one cannot stop smelling.
I think that this is a perfect fragrance to use at work or if you are visiting someone who is not so fond of perfume scents. Very nice, very subtle and fresh and just a tiny bit powdery.

The Beat
I like this fragrance very much. I thought this might end up being boring and generic. It was such a pleasant surprise. A perfect daytime scent. This perfume is guaranteed not to offend anyone around you. It's light, soft and fresh. The notes are blended together nicely. On my skin it's citrusy, woody, green and aromatic. Not being a musk lover, I'm relieved that I don't get much of that on my skin. The only downfall is that the scent doesn't last long at all. It disappears before the end of the day, unlike many of my other fragrances that seem to last and last. I found my bottle on clearance for a good price and I don't regret my purchase as this perfume is not as easy to find as it once was. This fragrance also has a unisex vibe going on, making it suitable not only for women, but for men as well. I'll be reaching for this a lot during the summer months. A well rounded scent that I'm happy to have in my collection.
2.5
2.5

GLORIFIED ACRIDITY
THE BEAT by Burberry

Dry, spicy, white musky, lightly-earthy, lightly-citric, black tea of low sweetness. Opens with a blast of very dry bergamot, cardamom, and heavy handed dose of biting pink pepper. I get very little sweet mandarin from this one on my skin. Develops further with a rush of unsweetened black tea infused with a hint of earthy iris. Everything is engulfed by a flourish of grainy-lightweight vetiver, white musk, and a sharply lingering cedar finish.

I wouldn’t call it fresh so much as simply dry, bitter, and devoid of any vegetal sweetness throughout development.

I find it prickly and abrasive, attempting to wave the flag of elegance due to the absence of sweetness, and failing rather obviously due to a consistent rasping crudity of grainy bitterness, and an overly dry, harshly-abrasive lack of smoothness that is unrelieved throughout any stage of development.

All in all, it’s rather like a mixture of insect repellent and furniture polish on my skin.

Impossible to Hate--or to Love
I love Dominique Ropion, but I tend to find his group collaborations less compelling than his solo work, much of which is masterful. Same for Béatrice Piquet, may she rest in peace. I definitely do not want to suggest that in Burberry THE BEAT there were too many cooks in the kitchen—this is certainly not an unwearable mess! But I do think that this composition falls squarely into a currently crowded category of the grand olfactory map. Among other close neighbors are Calvin Klein BEAUTY and DKNY PURE.

THE BEAT edp is a clean musk composition with some florality and spice (cardamom) but not enough to really mark itself off as very distinct from the many other perfumes with similar compositions (albeit variations in the small details...). Another problem that I have with THE BEAT is my bête noire of dilution. I have used about half my roller ball cylinder (which I however have sprayed on, since I think that I get a better sense of a perfume through that means of application) in only two wearings. I generally dislike roller balls—with their childproof safety features making it impossible to overapply—but in this case all of the effort is for naught. Detach the roller and pour this liquid all over yourself: you will still not be over-perfumed. So, yes, the sillage is low and the longevity poor.

All of that said, I'm sure that THE BEAT would work for those looking for inoffensive clean musk compositions with a slightly oriental quality. Although this fragrance is a tad bit sweet, some guys may like it as well.

Boozy Burberry
I find it very difficult to find a Burberry fragrance that I don't like. If I had all the money in the world I would buy every single one of their fragrances, male and female.

I was slightly off-put by the top notes which were a little too citrusy for me, yet the drydown caught me off guard and sent me spiralling into a state of love.

The Beat is modern, eccentric and powerful. The scent can be sweet at times, but it never loses its sex appeal or transforms into something sickeningly sugary. I sense a coconut note for some strange reason, which makes me think that this fragrance is the perfect scent for a celebration. Perhaps it is also the bottle which is shaped like a flask that makes me think of a party-like atmosphere.

This scent's only downfall was the lasting power, which shocked me because Burberry fragrances usually last for ages on my skin. The Beat unfortunately didn't last any more than an hour on me.

by AmyAmy
by AmyAmy
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin
by Confusion
by Confusion

Popular Burberry

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Bespoke - Amber Heath by Burberry Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Burberry My Burberry Black (Parfum) by Burberry Her by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Gold by Burberry Sport for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry Her Intense by Burberry