London for Men 2006Eau de Toilette

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
Where to buy
Search on
More
Where to buy
7.8 / 10     490 RatingsRatingsRatings
London for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Burberry for men and was released in 2006. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Search on
More

Fragrance Notes

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Black pepper, Cinnamon leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeather, Mimosa, Port wine
Base Notes Base NotesOak bark, Gaiac wood, Opoponax, Tobacco leaf

Ratings

Scent

7.8 (490 Ratings)

Longevity

6.7 (371 Ratings)

Sillage

6.2 (354 Ratings)

Bottle

7.0 (365 Ratings)
Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.09.2020.

Interesting Facts

Face of the advertising campaign was the british actor Ioan Gruffudd.
  • RateRate
  • CollectionCollection
  • SoukSouk
  • ClassifyClassify
  • NotesNotes

Reviews

5.5
Scent
4
Longevity
4
Sillage
9
Bottle
50something

21 Reviews
50something
50something
   2  
Cloying on me
As most fragrances go, I have very unique skin chemistry when it comes to the most loved fragrances. My chemistry seems to ruin them. An example is Cool Water. On my brother it’s incredible, on me my wife finds it to be disgusting. Lol

I never get compliments but I asked a couple of coworkers what they thought of it when I asked them to smell it from the bottle and they said “wow” (women). I then asked them what they thought of the fragrance I wore that day (London) and they said it was ok. I didn’t tell them they were the same, I was just curious to see how it transformed on my skin.

It starts out sweet with light tobacco and almost too sweet. After about 30 minutes it becomes cloying, I often wash it off, or I ride it out since it becomes a skin scent in about an hour.

For me it’s 5.5 out of 10. I rarely reach for it but, I do around Christmas time.
8
Scent
7
Longevity
7
Sillage
7
Bottle
SpicyDice

2 Reviews
SpicyDice
SpicyDice
   1  
Warm und weihnachtlich.
Ich erinnere mich noch gut an den Tag, an dem ich London for Men das erste Mal gerochen habe. Ich stand mit einer Freundin im Douglas (so hat doch jeder angefangen :p) und habe mich ein wenig durchgeschnuppert. Irgendwann bin ich auf diesen Flakon, der neben den anderen Parfüms doch herausstach, gestoßen und musste ihn probieren. Es war später Herbst und man hat sich schon ein wenig auf Weinachten vorbereitet, von daher habe ich mich direkt in diesen Duft verliebt. Er strahlt eine herrliche Wärme aus ohne dabei extrem schwer zu sein, wie viele andere gourmandige Düfte. Ganz Oben eine tolle Zimtnote, die wirklich fabelhaft zu Weihnachten passt und generell ein schönes, kleines Feuerwerk an Würzigkeit.

Die Sillage ist zumindest auf meiner Haut besser als es die Bewertungen (6.2) vermuten lassen. Natürlich füllt man damit keinen Raum, aber wenn man sich mit einer anderen Person unterhält und etwa einen Meter Abstand hat, wird er noch wahrgenommen und hat mir schon einige Komplimente gebracht.

Perfomancetechnisch ist der Duft wie bewertet (6.7) nicht herausragend, aber deutlich besser als viele frische Düfte, die man gefühlt jede Stunde erneuern muss. Etwa 3-4h gute Wahrnehmung kann man mit diesem Duft erreichen.

Zusammengefasst ein schöner, warmer und maskuliner Duft mit klarer Ausrichtung auf die Weihnachtszeit oder wann auch immer man etwas Zeit in Geborgenheit vor dem Kamin verbringen möchte.
8.5
Scent
7
Longevity
7
Sillage
8
Bottle
Proton

18 Reviews
Proton
Proton
   1  
Comforting and loveable fragrance.

I love the cutted grass moment in it, i guess is comming from Mimosa. It's like a spring walk in nearby park and after that it takes over tobacco and cinnamon notes, making a very warm and cuddly aura.
I don't find Christmasy at all, but more like Spring Walk with a warm Hug!
8.5
Scent
7
Longevity
7
Sillage
7
Bottle
Tom27
Translated Show originalShow translation
Tom27
Tom27
Top Review    14  
The fireplace room fragrance
Now that the cold season is spreading step by step into our regions again, the autumn/winter scents are coming into play again. An absolute favourite for me is Burberry London, because he skilfully transports for me the picture of an old English manor house with a cosy fireplace room together with the corresponding furniture. A warm fire crackles in the fireplace, while outside wind and rain whip against the windows. The house is tea time and Earl Grey tea is served. In the air there is now a pleasant smell of black tea, bergamot and English lavender. A little pepper and cinnamon are also perceptible. Together with a soft leather scent of the old armchairs and a pinch of good cherry tobacco in my nose I close my eyes and enjoy the moment. The senses sharpen and after a while the Earl Grey tea scent decreases a little. Smells of chypre-like leather, framed by honey-sweet mimosas and a strong shot of port wine spread more and more. The port wine lends a very calming note to the already gentle fragrance experience. Time passes and the fireplace has already burned down. Have I really been sitting here five hours? The room now has a wonderful, delicious tobacco atmosphere with a scent of tobacco leaves, guaiac wood, earthy oakmoss, as well as nutty Opoopnax.
If you want to experience an afternoon like this, you should give Burberry London for Men a chance. A recommendation can definitely be made for those who like Earl Grey tea or flavoured pipe tobacco. I for one am a fan of these things ...
6 Replies
Ernie824

78 Reviews
Ernie824
Ernie824
   3  
Christmas scent in a bottle
SOTD: Burberry London as of 12/21/18

A unique scent with the tobacco, cinnamon and leather are up front and center to my nose. Sillage is average between 1-3 hrs at most, longevity/performance I get between 12+ hrs on my skin. It is a Christmas scent in a bottle, the notes are well balanced and blended. It will be in my rotation this winter. My overall rating is 8.5/10.
SOTD (Scent of the Day) : Burberry London for Men EDT: As of 02/22/19

Revisiting this fragrance as my SOTD as of 02/22/19, to me is still a Christmas in a bottle type of scent, to my nose the cinnamon, leather and tobacco are so well blended together. One of my many favorite scents for the fall and winter. A solid release from Burberry, a sweet warm and spicy scent is a must have in any collection. Longevity/Performance is beastly on my skin as a skin scent around 14+ hrs. Overall rating is still 8.5 out 10 again a Christmas in a bottle.
8
Scent
7
Longevity
7
Sillage
5
Bottle
Siebenkäs
Translated Show originalShow translation
Siebenkäs
Siebenkäs
Top Review    40  
Lüneburg
Maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut,
but something rode me to say something.
"Interesting rumor hashed on you today..." I began.
"Sweet but spicy at the same time. Striking but still harmo-
nish..."
"Platitude but cliché..." Richie flew at
and sniffed at his forearm.
"You're like an advertising fuzzi. But you're right,
it's not so bad."
The joke was the one - I knew exactly what he was on
sprayed on him. Had a dent in his jacket in the hallway-
i saw him in a bag and took a quick peek. Or gripped.
I know you don't. Got it right back
the Burberry London bottle with the check
Coulter drum. 30 ml., special offer, receipt included.
So the game could start.
So I'm like, "What the hell is that?"
"I don't know, I tested somewhere today..."
"I'm getting better and better... Bitter-sweet, that's the right one
Expression. And a little like mulled wine..."
"Findste? I can't smell a cheap plörre in there."
"Nah, you're right, more like... Sweet wine, Chateau d'Yquem
maybe...with tender leather..."
"Exactly!"
"...and finest vanilla pipe-tobacco..."
"Maybe so..."
"But it reminds me of something... i think... let
i'll sniff... yes, exactly... Ungaro III."
"You're really good, that's what this is about!"
Where'd you test it?"
"I don't know anymore... somewhere in the bend zone..."
"Come on. In the bending zone. Stand probably
between Ebène of Balmain and Maccassar...
Besides, the Ungaro is more floral and unsweeter."
"Maybe it was something else, but it doesn't matter."
"Too bad you don't know anymore..."
"Bullshit! That's probably just the mixture anyway
to my sweater, Richie special mix from the last
Weeks of testing..."
"Then let's find a name for it..."
"If it makes you happy..."
"...I'd like a city name... how about Amsterdam?"
"Whatever..."
"Or even... London?"
Richie froze for a second "Nah, junk idea. "So not a good fit"..."
"All right... Perhaps... um... Lüneburg? Old town,
Tradition, historical depth, understatement, romance..."
"Yes, I wouldn't think soo wrong..."
"Sounds good combined with 'nem renowned
Manufacturer... like "Burberry Lüneburg"...
Now he got really nervous.
"Are you stupid? But not mainstream for
the Richie Special!"
"OKAY. Like, "Juliette Has A Gun Lüneburg..."
"More like..."
"Or better yet, individually tailored to you: "
"Richie Hates Mainstream Lüneburg"
"Now hammers!"
"But of course without Flanker - so never something like
"Richie Hates Mainstream Lüneburg Sports"
"Of course not"
"Then it's all clear."
"Crystal clear, Richie!"
It turned out to be quite a night.
19 Replies
9
Scent
7
Longevity
7
Sillage
8
Bottle
AmberScent

28 Reviews
AmberScent
AmberScent
Helpful Review    6  
For a smart, gentle and happy man
This is an extraordinary fragrance. Its scent relates to a lot of pleasant feelings like love, festivities, emotions, affection, intimate surroundings, family, warmth, friends... and can be used only by a smartly dressed and happy gentleman.
I liked London from the first spray. It is one of the few perfumes that messed with me since the first whiff. The depth and warmth that emanated, reminded me of a lot of good and personal past memories. It was the first time a perfume had this immediate efect on me. Its aroma seemed to me to be immediately extremely delicious and evoking naturalaccords without resorting to exaggerations of matured fruits, flowers or strong herbal aromas. I immediately felt fresh and sweet spices, pipe tobacco and leather, which to me are smells as natural as earth, air, water and fire (smoke).
If I could describe London in one word, this would be "comfort." This is as much for the city as for the perfume.
I think this fragrance has a personal relationship with me. Usually with the different colognes I use, I try to get compliments from other people. With this precious jewel I want me to please myself. I use it when I want to be self conscious and allow myself to relax. Where? ... after taking a night shower, at a family dinner or with close friends, at night by the fireplace of my living room, at night in my home office. When? ... obligatorily at night.
This is a perfume for the autumn and winter time. Its scent completes the smell of paths through the woods, the earth wet with rain or dew, the yellow and red of the trees and the cinnamon and saffron colored soil by the fallen leaves. You may even face a cold breeze that it will be dominated by the warmth of your overcoat and the London scent.

The perfume opens with an accord of cinnamon and spicy ginger bread. Some moments later a sweet woody Port wine are added together with a leathery scent close to pelt and away from suede. The accords you smell are not sharp scents of an ancient fragrance, not at all. It's a beautiful, calm and natural although a bit coriaceous blending. Tobacco does not take long before it starts to appear and adds even more depth and warmth. It arrives together with a smoth resinous ambery scent of sweet myrrh and a stronger smoky guayacan wood.
Throughout the life of the fragrance, stands out the sweet scent of cinnamon and ambery resins, the sweet woody Port, the smoky tared wood, the pelty leather and the divine moist tobacco. The effect is profoundly rich and masculine.
London performance is low in warm environments, and acceptable in a cold ambiance. This applies either to longevity or sillage (and projection). I do not recommend many sprays at one go. At the most, apply 3 to 4 whiffs on your ears and back of the neck, repeating a lighter application after 4 or 5 hours.

Applying Burberry London within your own space, it's a warm experience full of emotions.
And yes... This perfume is not for grown kids. You better be over 25 to wear and enjoy Burberry London.
8.5
Scent
7
Longevity
7
Sillage
9
Bottle
Carlitos01

282 Reviews
Carlitos01
Carlitos01
Top Review    12  
The God's House fragrance that smells like Christmas eve
I always liked the scent of pipe moist tobacco.
I never smoked pipe. I can only feel that scent either in Tobacco shops or projected by pipe smokers while they are filling the pipe using their own ritual for it.
An added pleasure can be grasp a small glass of sweet red Port Wine and sip the liquorous wine, bit by bit, while the pipe moist tobacco scent is lingering in the air.
I am also not familiar with the work of "nose" Maisondieu ("God's House", in french) but it must be someone with a very good taste. He had the enlightment of reuniting the above mentioned notes in a perfume flask. In his portofoglio, you may find Bottega Veneta pour Homme Parfum, Balmain de Balmain, Armani Code and Velvet Orchid ... impressive to say the least.
London became preety common in the shelves and kind of lost all the initial hype. It deserves to be remembered.
If Burberry London would be converted into a still picture, it would be for sure the portrait of Sean Connery rocking a Peter's pipe while sipping Port Wine from a goblet in "MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS".
If Burberry London was a music it would be George Michael's Last Christmas performed by the Jazz and Blues Experience band.

The London flask is imaginative although not particularly easy to handle. The Brberry pattern tissue cover slips a bit.
After a generous couple of sprays, the unnerving notes of bergamot and lavender seem to dominate your surroundings. You should wait for the scent to settle so you may feel its charm through the spreading of an unmistakable cinnamon note with ginger bread spices.
In the hearth, cinnamon and leather come together into foreplay. At this stage the fragrance suggests a Merry Christmas postcard and the gathering of all our loved ones.
Cheers! The sweet notes of Port Wine draw your attention, making the holiday image even more vivid. The tobacco scent lingers in the air, blending itself with the strong presence of leather and cinnamon till the drydown. In the Christmas family photo, grandpa is preparing its pipe with Virginia moist tobacco.
It is during the drydown that the trace of moist tobacco accentuates again. It's a warm, woody and ambery scent. An enchanting beautiful scent, really.
However, the performance is average, and you may enjoy this Christmas picture for five or six hours at the most.

Let me check the features of this Burberry Christmas postcard, disguised as a fragrance:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Scent Opening: ........... 8.5 (very nice citrus, ginger bread spices and cinnamon )
- Scent Drydown ........... 9.5 (even better tamed leather with Port wine and moist tobacco)
- Longevity: ................... 7.0 (less than 7 hours with 2 good sprays)
- Sillage: ......................... 7.0 (4 feet at its peak with 2 good sprays ; up to 2 hours of projection)
- Wearability ................. 9.0 (the EDT sweetness is very classy and alluring. The cinammon-leather-tobacco blending contributes to suggest an all sort of situations where you can safely wear London either like a signature scent or an office fragrance, in leisure ituations, in dinners, conventions, receptions, weadings, dinning out, dates, intimacy ... but not really work out, beach or sweating activities.)
- Versatility: .................... 9.0 (Don't use it on sunny Summer days, outdoor activities, or as an outdoor fragrance on cold winter nights)
- Compliments: .............. 8.5 (With an increasing number of people enjoying sweet fragrances, I realy do think that this fragrance will please to a wide range of people of both genders)
- Uniqueness: ................ 8.5 (This fragrance has an "unique" aura, although some cheap imitations have been produced like Cuba Red. I never tried Oriflame's Architect which is supose to be a "look-alike" of Burberry London)
- Quality: ........................ 8.5 (great tobacco, leather and cinnamon notes; great blending as well; I still have dificulties when grasping the bottle tissue cover. Probably the Burberry tissue artisans are saving on the glue spreading between the Burberry pattern cloth and the flask glass. Nice sprayer though.)
- Presentation: ............... 9.5 (nice, simple and very attractive.)
- Price: ............................ 10.0 ( You can get a 100 ml tester of this quality juice for 20 Euros plus taxes and shipping)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Average: ..... 8.64 / 10.00
- between 7 and 8 = above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;

Opinion on Burberry London:
Just go and grab one flask for yourself. If you already have one, get a backup bottle. It's probably Burberry best fragrance.
Is it good enough for a blind buy? Yes it is! Despite its somewhat uniqueness, it is very consensual as well.

Music: "Last Christmas" performed by the Jazz and Blues Experience Band.
1 Replies
7.5
Scent
6
Longevity
6
Sillage
6
Bottle
Smora

147 Reviews
Smora
Smora
Helpful Review    3  
Oriental Gentleman
Scentrack
Parov Stelar – Lost in Amsterdam

This appropriately named fragrance really reminds of London, a classic male cologne with the oriental twist of once the biggest empire in the world. This Burberry also reminds me of Amsterdam, and delicious chicken in port wine sauce I had there.
Perfect for colder, rainy or foggy days. Lavender, pepper, some pine needles, boozy accord and darker tobacco and resins. Christmas good times compressed. Very nice composition, but I would like to see this done with deeper raw materials.
Nevertheless, this gentleman has some irresistible tobacco-woody-spicy charm.

Rating: 7.5/10

More on Scentimental Words
8.5
Scent
7
Longevity
6
Sillage
9
Bottle
Oske7

7 Reviews
Oske7
Oske7
   2  
Fall in a bottle
I just picked up a bottle about a month ago after sampling it, immediately fell in love. It really smells to me like the epitome of the fall season. Haven't worn it too much yet but once the weather starts getting a bit cooler I feel like this will become a signature scent for a little while. I mostly get an overall earthy, wood and cinnamon vibe, and as it dries down it seems to get a little sweeter with some tobacco coming through.
Show all reviews (20)

Statements

AMGMoonHaloAMGMoonHalo 36 days ago
8
Scent
8
Longevity
7
Sillage
8
Bottle
An aromatic cinnamon, resinous, tobacco, sweet scent. A comforting fragrance to remind you of mulled cider and family holidays.
SpicyDiceSpicyDice 170 days ago
8
Scent
7
Longevity
7
Sillage
7
Bottle
Toller, zimtiger Duft für den Winter!
Amazon1975Amazon1975 8 months ago
10
Scent
6
Longevity
6
Sillage
7
Bottle
Amazing and beautiful scent that unfortunately doesn't last. Still a winter and cold weather favourite
KimJongKimJong 8 months ago
8
Scent
8
Longevity
7
Sillage
7
Bottle
Conservative but safe. Smoker but neat. A easy perfume to choose from when you are worried about what to wear.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 13 months ago
8
Scent
7
Longevity
7
Sillage
8
Bottle
the perfume for the perfect modern gentleman: warm, Woody-spicy, discrete, perfectly balanced and very "British".Recommended
MrTeeMrTee 15 months ago
9.5
Scent
6
Longevity
6
Sillage
7
Bottle
One of the best scents for the fall season, absolutely stunning. I wish it had more longevity and silage.
SözeSöze 18 months ago
10
Scent
7
Longevity
5
Sillage
9
Bottle
One of the most beautiful and unique fragrances ever created somewhat ruined by very weak sillage and longevity...
VilarVilar 18 months ago
8.5
Scent
4
Longevity
4
Sillage
7
Bottle
I like the scent, with its spicy, woodsy, and tobacco notes but it really disappears quickly on my skin.
GolcherGolcher 21 months ago
8.5
Scent
7
Longevity
7
Sillage
8
Bottle
Purchased based on some reviews since there was no tester at the store so I basically took a leap of faith. Glad I did, great scent
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
9
Scent
7
Longevity
7
Sillage
8
Bottle
The blending of a sweet scented cinnamon and resins, woody sweet Port, smoky tared guaiac wood, pelty leather and a divine moist tobacco.
Show all Statements (13)

Perfume Classification by the Community


Photos by the Community

Winter Accessoires
by PBregovich
by Golcher
by Golcher
by Gold
by Gold
by Smora
by Smora
by Parfummaster
by Parfummaster
by Gold
by Gold
by Parfummaster
by Parfummaster
by Golcher
by Golcher
by Elysium
by Elysium
by Parfummaster
by Parfummaster
by OvidiuH
by OvidiuH
by OvidiuH
by OvidiuH
by Parfummaster
by Parfummaster
by Parfummaster
by Parfummaster
by Elysium
by Elysium
by Helge
by Helge
by Fabian
by Fabian
kein überflieger, aber ein schöner und warmer winterduft für den kamin....:-)
by Couchlock
by SpicyDice
by SpicyDice
by Sawubi
by Sawubi
by Ernie824
by Ernie824
by Leimbacher
by Leimbacher
by YKem
by YKem
by Ernie824
by Ernie824
by Ernie824
by Ernie824
by DuftKoloss
by DuftKoloss
by Onya21
by Onya21
by Toreter
by Toreter
by Bnd007
by Bnd007

Popular Burberry

Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Bespoke - Amber Heath by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Burberry Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Burberry Her by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry Black (Parfum) by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Gold by Burberry Sport for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry The Beat (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry My Burberry (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry