London for Men 2006 Eau de Toilette

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
London for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Burberry for men and was released in 2006. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Base Notes Base NotesOak barkOak bark
Gaiac woodGaiac wood
OpoponaxOpoponax
TobaccoTobacco

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.10.2021.

Face of the advertising campaign was the british actor Ioan Gruffudd.

Luxurious in a British Style
There are parks near where I live. Every now and then I go there for running or jogging. If it has rained recently, the smells of drizzle, grass, wet earth, leaves, resin, wood and pine needles mix in my nostrils, and what comes out is like this scent. It tastes like wet woods and spices. Well, I don't find it particularly spicy, not like an Indian dish; it focuses on moderately sweet but not cloying raw tobacco. The mimosa note feels good and looks great, especially in the opening, and is entirely faithful, as it is synthetic. Mimosa is one of those hints that are difficult to recognize for those who have never heard it just picked or in the next two hours. I love mimosa, and I like to put my nose in a fresh and fragrant bouquet.

Almost immediately after application, the misty mimosa rises above me. It is the first note to break through and leaves an aggressive impression. There's a hint of subdued lavender and bergamot, quickly set aside by hot cinnamon, hot pepper, and sweet orange. London knows how to add spice to woody and floral scents to help create a different take on the spices. The initial blend, on my nose, blends perfectly and soon turns into something that reveals evergreens and leather. I must say that this unknown perfume took me entirely by surprise. It reminds me of the smell of some studies full of books, the scent in the waiting room when I went to the family doctor as a child, and we had to wait our turn.

Then comes the leather, a tarred birch, I guess, along with the fortified wine. The roaster claims to be port wine, an aromatic liqueur from Portugal, which shares some similarities with Italian Marsala. They are both red wines infused with aromatic herbs. I don't find it dark but pungent. Tobacco, mixed with cinnamon leaves, also reveals its more acrid and less woody nature. The Burberry London aroma improves over time, and this is where it shines. Tobacco is a major player here. It's a pretty sweet tobacco note, an excellent match of leather and cinnamon to give it something unique. Something a little smoky and aged just right, like a whiskey barrel, with port instead of whiskey. As the middle notes develop, the leather continues to hold its own, and a sweet and ever so soft aroma takes over. That beautiful leather accord marks the beginning of the transition to the dry down.

The port-wine present in the heart has almost disappeared, and woody notes emerge from the base. The last phase includes opoponax and honey-like tobacco. This aroma is sweet and narcotic, a cherry and vanilla pipe tobacco. I don't know why the Burberry colony takes this route on me, but it is undoubtedly a pleasant journey into foggy, humid and decadent London. The dark notes, composed of smoked guaiac wood and oak bark, show a dominant presence throughout the fragrance's life and give it a dark, sweet and vigorous depth. The dry, woody and amber accord with a bit of bitterness remains exquisitely on the skin.

A few hours after spraying it, there is only a very close smell to the skin, which no one feels. I hope it marries your skin better because it's worth it. Like other Burberry perfumes, this one is moderate in the way it projects and moderates its longevity. I love it when the masculine fragrance successfully balances warmth, masculinity and sweetness, and Burberry London does. It is one of my favourite scents on the scarf and sweaters, as it seems to bloom under the wool lining as my body heat amplifies it. If you are looking for a great perfume that ripens in the crisp autumn air, Burberry London should be on your list. I've always liked wearing it in the evening, but it's also good during the day. It is an opulent and magnetic perfume that evokes autumn in all its splendour. Just wait for the temperature to drop enough to call for a thick jacket or sweater. I would recommend this product to anyone who loves the outdoors or loves to smell like the outdoors. Ultimately, in the same baseball field as Bogart, but not quite similar apart from the opening. Bogart becomes powdery vanilla, where London remains piney resinous.

And you, did you already know this fragrance? What do you think?

I base the review on a 100ml bottle I have owned since February 2016.

-Elysium
Stirling
Your favorite sports wine (without the headache)
Preliminary: To this day, I can not understand how such a fragrance at a really good price in the drugstore in my small town next to Diesel can stand.

Burberry London has been with me every winter for about 10 years, on and off, and for good reason. Not every day, but regularly enough to really get to know it.

As all the previous speakers confirm - London can be worn exclusively in winter.
And that's exactly where it belongs. Not that it can't do justice to cooler autumn days - but that's not where it wants to be.
London is like a Christmas holiday. Full of anticipation of good food, good beer, family and the comforting feeling of these days, you apply a few spritzes: London starts off very spicy with pepper and cinnamon. Direct, even subconscious associations to the spice stall at the Christmas market, speculoos, cinnamon stars come up. The transition to the port in the heart is fluid and similarly beguiling as a glass too much of it. Only without the headache :) Minimally sweet and a hint of fruit: The note gives at the same time the warmth, which gives you the security of Christmas.
And so the fragrance, if you briefly sniff the cap, reminds one (s) even in midsummer to the end of the year, the snow, the hot tea, the short days, the wool blankets, the peace, the coziness. Of all the beauty this time of year brings. London does exactly what a perfume should do.

In my opinion, London is massively underrated and worth at least a probiererle in the drugstore around the corner!

Christmas in a bottle!
A great and very classy gentleman's mix of cinnamon, tobacco and liquor. Smooth, rich, a little sweet and fruity and wears perfectly in the winter like a soft wooly sweater. In my opinion it's a woody and spicy oriental with a touch of lavender and vanilla.

I have found this fragrance somehow incredibly fitting for the Christmas holidays over the last few years and pondered why - suddenly it strikes me that the notes are quite reminiscent of a classic danish christmas dessert "Ris á la mande" which is actually a rice pudding with whipped cream, on top of which you pour a warm cherry sauce that smells like - tadaa - Burberry London. And also there's a dash of port wine in the mix as well, which is also typically served with the dessert.

Projection and longevity are unfortunately less than average, but just give it another spray and you'll be fine for the next couple of hours.

Probably the best male release yet from the house of Burberry and a great job indeed from mr. Maisondieu.
Chrisniburg
Smell of pipe tobacco and cinnamon
Admittedly, the beginning with him was quite difficult. This fragrance is certainly not for boys, it is aimed at the men.
No vanilla sweetness or even fruit. If you are through the tobacco, comes cinnamon. And this one lasts forever. I
Am at 11 hours and still notice it clearly.

For this price a very good men's winter fragrance. I can recommend him very much. Who is looking for something with sweetness, should rather sleep on
Parfumatus
The man with the pipe and beard at the Christmas market...
Burberry... Two things come to mind spontaneously: a beige cashmere scarf with a vintage check and the beige Burberry trench coat "Kensington". In my generation these were for a long time two status symbols of the autumn/winter season. And exactly at this time "London for Men" fits perfectly. As soon as the temperatures approach zero and the first Christmas markets invite you to take a walk, it's time for the scent of Burberry, who himself wears a small plaid winter coat. But there is one thing this scent needs in any case: fresh air, a scarf, sturdy shoes and best of all a wool coat, as the scent loves to lay on well dressed walkers. It underlines the chic winter/Christmas outfit outdoors.

The fragrance is first of all a woody Christmas bomb for me: this peppery yet pointy-cinnamon paired with a slightly lavender bergamot immediately gives me the winter/Christmas flash. The spice stand comes to mind, where spice blends lie in baskets ready for the next bottling. Not far away, a tea-room that offers warm apple juice with cinnamon. And for a healthy self the so called "witch stand" with all kinds of mixed herbs and spices. However, the smell of lavender, which hangs from the tent's tarpaulin in the form of dried twigs and which, according to a saleswoman, is said to lead to better sleep under the pillow, stands out.

After a few metres of strolling I only now perceive the heart and base notes of the fragrance: leather, port wine, bark and tobacco. These notes are so beautifully interwoven and give me a warm, pleasant feeling. This very Christmas feeling. My gaze is directed towards the mulled wine stand at the end of the alley. The scent of warm wine and fine spices fills my nose. I enter the small forecourt on which the mulled wine merchant's construction wagon stands and easily stumble. A man leaning against one of the bar tables grabs my arm and prevents me from finding myself on the floor to the left. Even if the bark mulch lying spread out on the ground would have cushioned my fall, I can do without it. So this is where the smell of wood must come from. The older man with beard and chubby cheeks warmed by mulled wine looks at me with a smile. He takes his pipe, decorated with bird motifs, out of his mouth and blows the smoke with relish. For a moment I no longer see the man with the beard. But now it smells of warm pipe tobacco. After this tobacco smell we all like. He speaks to me: Who were you dreaming about? Who he the Santa Claus?

Warm und weihnachtlich.
Ich erinnere mich noch gut an den Tag, an dem ich London for Men das erste Mal gerochen habe. Ich stand mit einer Freundin im Douglas (so hat doch jeder angefangen :p) und habe mich ein wenig durchgeschnuppert. Irgendwann bin ich auf diesen Flakon, der neben den anderen Parfüms doch herausstach, gestoßen und musste ihn probieren. Es war später Herbst und man hat sich schon ein wenig auf Weinachten vorbereitet, von daher habe ich mich direkt in diesen Duft verliebt. Er strahlt eine herrliche Wärme aus ohne dabei extrem schwer zu sein, wie viele andere gourmandige Düfte. Ganz Oben eine tolle Zimtnote, die wirklich fabelhaft zu Weihnachten passt und generell ein schönes, kleines Feuerwerk an Würzigkeit.

Die Sillage ist zumindest auf meiner Haut besser als es die Bewertungen (6.2) vermuten lassen. Natürlich füllt man damit keinen Raum, aber wenn man sich mit einer anderen Person unterhält und etwa einen Meter Abstand hat, wird er noch wahrgenommen und hat mir schon einige Komplimente gebracht.

Perfomancetechnisch ist der Duft wie bewertet (6.7) nicht herausragend, aber deutlich besser als viele frische Düfte, die man gefühlt jede Stunde erneuern muss. Etwa 3-4h gute Wahrnehmung kann man mit diesem Duft erreichen.

Zusammengefasst ein schöner, warmer und maskuliner Duft mit klarer Ausrichtung auf die Weihnachtszeit oder wann auch immer man etwas Zeit in Geborgenheit vor dem Kamin verbringen möchte.

Proton
Comforting and loveable fragrance.

I love the cutted grass moment in it, i guess is comming from Mimosa. It's like a spring walk in nearby park and after that it takes over tobacco and cinnamon notes, making a very warm and cuddly aura.
I don't find Christmasy at all, but more like Spring Walk with a warm Hug!
The fireplace room fragrance
Now that the cold season is spreading step by step into our regions again, the autumn/winter scents are coming into play again. An absolute favourite for me is Burberry London, because he skilfully transports for me the picture of an old English manor house with a cosy fireplace room together with the corresponding furniture. A warm fire crackles in the fireplace, while outside wind and rain whip against the windows. The house is tea time and Earl Grey tea is served. In the air there is now a pleasant smell of black tea, bergamot and English lavender. A little pepper and cinnamon are also perceptible. Together with a soft leather scent of the old armchairs and a pinch of good cherry tobacco in my nose I close my eyes and enjoy the moment. The senses sharpen and after a while the Earl Grey tea scent decreases a little. Smells of chypre-like leather, framed by honey-sweet mimosas and a strong shot of port wine spread more and more. The port wine lends a very calming note to the already gentle fragrance experience. Time passes and the fireplace has already burned down. Have I really been sitting here five hours? The room now has a wonderful, delicious tobacco atmosphere with a scent of tobacco leaves, guaiac wood, earthy oakmoss, as well as nutty Opoopnax.
If you want to experience an afternoon like this, you should give Burberry London for Men a chance. A recommendation can definitely be made for those who like Earl Grey tea or flavoured pipe tobacco. I for one am a fan of these things ...

Ernie824
Christmas scent in a bottle
SOTD: Burberry London as of 12/21/18

A unique scent with the tobacco, cinnamon and leather are up front and center to my nose. Sillage is average between 1-3 hrs at most, longevity/performance I get between 12+ hrs on my skin. It is a Christmas scent in a bottle, the notes are well balanced and blended. It will be in my rotation this winter. My overall rating is 8.5/10.
SOTD (Scent of the Day) : Burberry London for Men EDT: As of 02/22/19

Revisiting this fragrance as my SOTD as of 02/22/19, to me is still a Christmas in a bottle type of scent, to my nose the cinnamon, leather and tobacco are so well blended together. One of my many favorite scents for the fall and winter. A solid release from Burberry, a sweet warm and spicy scent is a must have in any collection. Longevity/Performance is beastly on my skin as a skin scent around 14+ hrs. Overall rating is still 8.5 out 10 again a Christmas in a bottle.
Lüneburg
Maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut,
but something rode me to say something.
"Interesting rumor hashed on you today..." I began.
"Sweet but spicy at the same time. Striking but still harmo-
nish..."
"Platitude but cliché..." Richie flew at
and sniffed at his forearm.
"You're like an advertising fuzzi. But you're right,
it's not so bad."
The joke was the one - I knew exactly what he was on
sprayed on him. Had a dent in his jacket in the hallway-
i saw him in a bag and took a quick peek. Or gripped.
I know you don't. Got it right back
the Burberry London bottle with the check
Coulter drum. 30 ml., special offer, receipt included.
So the game could start.
So I'm like, "What the hell is that?"
"I don't know, I tested somewhere today..."
"I'm getting better and better... Bitter-sweet, that's the right one
Expression. And a little like mulled wine..."
"Findste? I can't smell a cheap plörre in there."
"Nah, you're right, more like... Sweet wine, Chateau d'Yquem
maybe...with tender leather..."
"Exactly!"
"...and finest vanilla pipe-tobacco..."
"Maybe so..."
"But it reminds me of something... i think... let
i'll sniff... yes, exactly... Ungaro III."
"You're really good, that's what this is about!"
Where'd you test it?"
"I don't know anymore... somewhere in the bend zone..."
"Come on. In the bending zone. Stand probably
between Ebène of Balmain and Maccassar...
Besides, the Ungaro is more floral and unsweeter."
"Maybe it was something else, but it doesn't matter."
"Too bad you don't know anymore..."
"Bullshit! That's probably just the mixture anyway
to my sweater, Richie special mix from the last
Weeks of testing..."
"Then let's find a name for it..."
"If it makes you happy..."
"...I'd like a city name... how about Amsterdam?"
"Whatever..."
"Or even... London?"
Richie froze for a second "Nah, junk idea. "So not a good fit"..."
"All right... Perhaps... um... Lüneburg? Old town,
Tradition, historical depth, understatement, romance..."
"Yes, I wouldn't think soo wrong..."
"Sounds good combined with 'nem renowned
Manufacturer... like "Burberry Lüneburg"...
Now he got really nervous.
"Are you stupid? But not mainstream for
the Richie Special!"
"OKAY. Like, "Juliette Has A Gun Lüneburg..."
"More like..."
"Or better yet, individually tailored to you: "
"Richie Hates Mainstream Lüneburg"
"Now hammers!"
"But of course without Flanker - so never something like
"Richie Hates Mainstream Lüneburg Sports"
"Of course not"
"Then it's all clear."
"Crystal clear, Richie!"
It turned out to be quite a night.

JMWeedJMWeed 21 days ago
Amazing, soft tobacco fragrance. Excellent winter/cold weather fragrance. Good for even the finest aficionados.
RobbieXRobbieX 2 months ago
A lovely unsmoked tobacco with fruit.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 2 months ago
Amazingly not sweet. Cinnamon, tobacco, hint of wine and a trace of something that reminds me of a leaf. Great scent, but sadly weak params
TorkeTorke 8 months ago
Smells wine sipping on a glass of Port, next to the christmas tree on a cold, snowy day
BeginswithaJBeginswithaJ 9 months ago
Sprayable cozy warmth. Pine, resins, leather, sweet port wine, soft tobacco note, woods; it's all there. The invisible onesie everyone needs
VmasterVmaster 10 months ago
Christmas in a bottle.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 12 months ago
The only Burberry that matters. It's great, actually! A combination of cinnamon, Port Wine, pine needles and tobacco. Fall in a bottle. 4/5
GreMuserGreMuser 1 year ago
Nice fall/winter fragrance, well balanced the sweetness and the freshness, poor longevity :( .
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
It starts with a beautiful bergamot and cinnamon. In the drydown, a moist tobacco with cinnamon and a touch of leather and Port Wine. Cozy.
EsojoEsojo 1 year ago
Soft play-doh accord mingles with cinnamon and light tobacco. Unique. I still dream with an EdP or Parfum version of this.

Winter Accessoires
by PBregovich
by Golcher
Frohe Weihnachten und ein gesundes Neues Jahr!
by Eugen7K
by Smora
by Smora
by Fabian
by Fabian
kein überflieger, aber ein schöner und warmer winterduft für den kamin....:-)
by Couchlock
by Toreter
by Bnd007
by Bnd007

Popular Burberry

Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Her by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Amber Heath by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Burberry Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry Black (Parfum) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Gold by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Burberry Her Intense by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry Sport for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry Black (Elixir de Parfum) by Burberry