The God's House fragrance that smells like Christmas eve
I always liked the scent of pipe moist tobacco.
I never smoked pipe. I can only feel that scent either in Tobacco shops or projected by pipe smokers while they are filling the pipe using their own ritual for it.
An added pleasure can be grasp a small glass of sweet red Port Wine and sip the liquorous wine, bit by bit, while the pipe moist tobacco scent is lingering in the air.
I am also not familiar with the work of "nose" Maisondieu ("God's House", in french) but it must be someone with a very good taste. He had the enlightment of reuniting the above mentioned notes in a perfume flask. In his portofoglio, you may find Bottega Veneta pour Homme Parfum, Balmain de Balmain, Armani Code and Velvet Orchid ... impressive to say the least.
London became preety common in the shelves and kind of lost all the initial hype. It deserves to be remembered.
If Burberry London would be converted into a still picture, it would be for sure the portrait of Sean Connery rocking a Peter's pipe while sipping Port Wine from a goblet in "MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS".
If Burberry London was a music it would be George Michael's Last Christmas performed by the Jazz and Blues Experience band.
The London flask is imaginative although not particularly easy to handle. The Brberry pattern tissue cover slips a bit.
After a generous couple of sprays, the unnerving notes of bergamot and lavender seem to dominate your surroundings. You should wait for the scent to settle so you may feel its charm through the spreading of an unmistakable cinnamon note with ginger bread spices.
In the hearth, cinnamon and leather come together into foreplay. At this stage the fragrance suggests a Merry Christmas postcard and the gathering of all our loved ones.
Cheers! The sweet notes of Port Wine draw your attention, making the holiday image even more vivid. The tobacco scent lingers in the air, blending itself with the strong presence of leather and cinnamon till the drydown. In the Christmas family photo, grandpa is preparing its pipe with Virginia moist tobacco.
It is during the drydown that the trace of moist tobacco accentuates again. It's a warm, woody and ambery scent. An enchanting beautiful scent, really.
However, the performance is average, and you may enjoy this Christmas picture for five or six hours at the most.
Let me check the features of this Burberry Christmas postcard, disguised as a fragrance:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Scent Opening: ........... 8.5 (very nice citrus, ginger bread spices and cinnamon )
- Scent Drydown ........... 9.5 (even better tamed leather with Port wine and moist tobacco)
- Longevity: ................... 7.0 (less than 7 hours with 2 good sprays)
- Sillage: ......................... 7.0 (4 feet at its peak with 2 good sprays ; up to 2 hours of projection)
- Wearability ................. 9.0 (the EDT sweetness is very classy and alluring. The cinammon-leather-tobacco blending contributes to suggest an all sort of situations where you can safely wear London either like a signature scent or an office fragrance, in leisure ituations, in dinners, conventions, receptions, weadings, dinning out, dates, intimacy ... but not really work out, beach or sweating activities.)
- Versatility: .................... 9.0 (Don't use it on sunny Summer days, outdoor activities, or as an outdoor fragrance on cold winter nights)
- Compliments: .............. 8.5 (With an increasing number of people enjoying sweet fragrances, I realy do think that this fragrance will please to a wide range of people of both genders)
- Uniqueness: ................ 8.5 (This fragrance has an "unique" aura, although some cheap imitations have been produced like Cuba Red. I never tried Oriflame's Architect which is supose to be a "look-alike" of Burberry London)
- Quality: ........................ 8.5 (great tobacco, leather and cinnamon notes; great blending as well; I still have dificulties when grasping the bottle tissue cover. Probably the Burberry tissue artisans are saving on the glue spreading between the Burberry pattern cloth and the flask glass. Nice sprayer though.)
- Presentation: ............... 9.5 (nice, simple and very attractive.)
- Price: ............................ 10.0 ( You can get a 100 ml tester of this quality juice for 20 Euros plus taxes and shipping)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Average: ..... 8.64 / 10.00
- between 7 and 8 = above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Opinion on Burberry London:
Just go and grab one flask for yourself. If you already have one, get a backup bottle. It's probably Burberry best fragrance.
Is it good enough for a blind buy? Yes it is! Despite its somewhat uniqueness, it is very consensual as well.
Music: "Last Christmas" performed by the Jazz and Blues Experience Band.