Mr. Burberry 2017Eau de Parfum

Mr. Burberry (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry
Mr. Burberry (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Burberry for men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesCinnamon, Tarragon
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Vetiver

Submitted by Michael, last update on 30.01.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is British actor and model Josh Whitehouse, photographed by Steve McQueen.

The fine British newcomer
After I found the Mr. Burberry Eau de Toilette pretty good, I decided to buy the eau de parfum. Both are very similar, although the EdT is more interesting for me because it is more multi-faceted. The EdP starts out unspectacular, but develops very well from the middle and remains more linear.
I think the whole Mr. Burberry series is quite well done. It's all very well woven together. It starts fresh and spicy and slowly goes into a fine warm, slightly sweet base. In the fragrance sequence I personally smell nothing synthetic or if, nothing negatively synthetic as often claimed. They are very solid scents, which have been skilfully developed, whereby the indigo is the best of all for me. Francis K. did a very good job here. I think that a 6.8 points is a bit too little for these fragrances. Everyone deserves one over 7.0. There's a lot of talk about synthetics here, but when I spray the Creed Aventus, most of the feedback I get is that the Aventus smells synthetic. But it is Creed Aventus, nobody wants to hear that, let alone if it costs 300,-€. There's never been any negative feedback from the Mr. Burberry series that they smell synthetic.

I rather think that the expectations here are high because of the perfumer Francis K. and that's why he is rated worse than he is here. The shelf life is very good at EdT (7 hours) and EdP. The sillage can be intensified with a few more sprayers, but that can get pretty fucked up with EdP.
Well, there are much worse perfumes that were rated better than this one. Mr. Burberry definitely doesn't have to put up with anything negative.
The black fly from MFK
At that time I had ordered the fragrance as a blind buy on the Internet. The scent is from MFK but you can not recognize its known DNA:(

The fragrance starts peppery synthetic with a mix of grapefruit, mint, patchouli and a hint of cinnamon. However, the fragrance is very generic and doesn't do anything new. More of a tried and tested mainstream scent. Shelf life is between 6-8 hours whereas after 3-4 hours the fragrance is in my opinion more body oriented. Sillage is not worth mentioning. I have not received any compliments for the fragrance and it tends to be more masculine
The bottle is quite pretty with the black bow tie but that's the only thing I like about the fragrance. The cap also looks a bit cheap as it is made of light plastic. When applying the fragrance, I imagine a black coat of Burberry walking through the dark and rainy streets of London. But the image fades away shortly after applying the fragrance, as the scent quickly becomes synthetic.

Unfortunately, the scent had to move on and is now used diligently by my father :D

Best blended juice!
This is one of those fragrances that put smile on my face whenever i sniff :)
So, Wow!
This is more of a night time fragrance, it has perfect balance without being overly dark and not too bright either. Also it's not too sugary or not too citrusy.. It's modern, but without Ambroxan, major ingredient in this days fragrances.

It has spices and flowers that is my impression, i can sense the flowers in it, this notes gives this fragrance freshness, not to fall into the dark.
Longevity and silage is moderate, not too strong, just perfect!
In one word, Lovely.
ElysaShades
I'm growing here a full beard age!
The Indigo Flanker really excited me lately. Also the EDT seems to be quite useful for the strip test. And after they have with the Kastner just the EDP in action, that would be sprayed times fix on the back of the hand with option on purchase. And then it occurred to me again why I had planned half a year ago not to test any potential purchase candidates on the skin before work.

I'm not a pussy about men's fragrances. I wear Fahrenheit, I wear Antaeus, Habit Rouge and so on. But if it's as if I've just slapped a load of cheap aftershave into my décolleté and suddenly feel the need to hectically fumble around in my face in anticipation of sprouting beard hair, then somehow it's over. Whereby the problem is probably less the concentrated masculinity itself, but rather this "proletoide" which the smell has for me. Just cheap aftershave of the brand "Isch-trag-nix-Parfömm-bin-isch-schwul-oder-was".

The whole thing is a little less valuable:
All I smell for now is tarragon. Way too much too much too much. Vetiver, cinnamon and patchouli are trampled down mercilessly. Still, the whole thing seems pretty flat. The longer I wear the fragrance, the more this aftershave deodorant smell develops with this typical synthetic note, which is often found in cheap fragrances. Burberry's not supposed to have that anymore. After 3 hours I still notice an ambry touch on the skin and some shower gel like freshness. Sure there's no white musk mixed in?

Maybe the scent develops differently on male skin. Or in colder weather. In the meantime, he's not an option for me. I'm afraid I can't help thinking of a totally embarrassing wannabe guy. We had a guy at school who always wanted to do cool hip hoppers. Unfortunately he was physically somewhat retarded and in order to compensate his babyface and his child voice, he always made a full aggro. Of course, only to weaker people. A real creep and unfortunately I associate Mr. Burberry EDP with guys like him.
I'm sorry for everyone who likes the scent. You know, he can smell you differently again

Pleasant Work Scent
I like this one, creamy, sweet but not sickly sweet...maybe hints of fruit....I get something that smells a bit like a pineapple, but I think Grapefruit is actually what is in the note composition.....smells a bit like bleu de channel too....this is very versatile, you can wear this to work and its pleasant on my skin....this is one that energizes and longevity lasts the work day for me so 6-8 hrs, projection is not that great but in my opinion this is something you enjoy for yourself.....I wouldnt exactly wear this for somebody else

DPArtistDPArtist 3 months ago
A pleasant scent, initially a touch of a smokey vibe, becomes sweeter & seems well blended, less citrus than the EDT. Versatile & safe.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
This is fragrance a bit "blue", meaning spicy, fresh and sweet. Under average performance for an EDP. The ladies like it on a man.

by Carlitos01
by Carlitos01

Popular Burberry

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry Bespoke - Amber Heath by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Burberry Her by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Burberry Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry Black (Parfum) by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Gold by Burberry Her Intense by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry The Beat Intense Elixir by Burberry