Mr. Burberry Indigo (2018)

Mr. Burberry Indigo by Burberry

Mr. Burberry Indigo is a new perfume by Burberry for men and was released in 2018. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesCitric notes, Blackcurrant, Rosemary
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet leaf, Driftwood, Spearmint
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, White oakmoss, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 24.10.2018

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Josh Whitehouse.

Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
On the trail of Terre d'Hermés - my new British fragrance companion
It's Saturday morning in a German metropolis. The more arduous part of the week is behind me, the sun greets me with an unusual intensity in this country and the prospect of a day outdoors brings a broad smile to my face. Maybe I'll stroll around the weekly market. Maybe I'll take the tram and go hiking in the countryside. If my place of residence would allow it, I would like to go for a walk on the beach.

This feeling of freedom after work, this feeling of having a multitude of possibilities and being able to consciously choose according to one's own taste and current state of mind, this luxury of free time - all this is captured in a wonderful way in Burberry's new men's perfume. Mr. Burberry Indigo radiates blue sky, freedom, fresh air and the fragrance comes with a tangy citrus top note. Indigo reminds me of Terre d'Hermés, one of my favourite fragrances, in its composition of citrus (lemon here, grapefruit there) and Mediterranean spice (rosemary instead of pepper) and the masculine oakmoss nuance. Nevertheless, indigo develops its very own character, with the fresh mint clearly visible in the heart note. Woody chords ensure longevity.

I haven't had Burberry's men's fragrances so much on my screen so far, even though I find the iconic fashion of the traditional British brand very appealing. What I find particularly interesting is that the classic trench coat pays homage to Mr. Burberry Indigo: the bow that adorns the neck of the bottle and is reminiscent of noble English gentlemen is made of gabardine, the same patented material as the trench coat. Also the folding box is obviously inspired by the relief of the trench coat.

I'm very glad I met Mr. Burberry Indigo. No matter how my Saturday goes, Indigo will be my companion today!
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 4.5/10
My name is Indigo Mr. Burberry and I've come to fail completely!
Why am I testing another Mr. Burberry? Good question to myself... perhaps because I still hold Kurkdjian in high esteem? Because I like to give the checked luxury brand more opportunities? Because I like the bottle? Or quite simply because you sometimes have to smell a disaster in order to appreciate the beautiful fragrances of this world all the more? Probably a mixture of all this and the rather unusual flanker name "Indigo", which reminds me of one of my favourite adventure films...

Unfortunately, all these positive ulterior motives had quickly vanished. The top note with its tangy currant berry is still convincing and refreshing, especially at these Sahara temperatures and even more so with the creamy mint, which then grows stronger. Even the light and icy oak moss in the base I don't think is wrong... at least in his concept. Because there is a lack of implementation in all corners, transitions and quality approaches. As if the perfumer had no buck or money or skill. Or all together. Even if this is hardly imaginable with all these names and superlatives involved. The top note scratches quickly, the mint looks flat like toothpaste and the oak moss looks retorous and only wrestles a tired smile. All in all, indigo is a fragrance that only tears post and nothing. An interchangeable contemporary with whom one can do little. Especially annoying is the moment when you realize that nothing is coming anymore. Closely followed by the moment when the summery tingling drifts into gurky acidity. Whoa.

Flacon: better than the fragrance... oh what.
Sillage: relaxed and inconspicuous most of the time.
Shelf life: 6 hours are... okay

Conclusion: it's time to go, Mr. Burberry, Mr. Kurkdjian, Mr. Leimbacher... because the line has come not to stay. After the tingling top note there is pure listlessness.

Hitchslap 7 months ago
Okay, not exactly a bolt out of the blue. Nice and minty and for warm weather and running errands/hanging out. Exudes casual, not pomp.+3

Popular Burberry

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry The Beat (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry The Beat for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry Mr. Burberry (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Baby Touch (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry Black by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body Tender by Burberry