My Burberry (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry

JMK
18.10.2014 - 11:36 AM
Helpful Review

Light showers

Well, it was a decent idea at least. Burberry have attempted to evoke a garden after the rain with this fragrance composed by it-perfumer Francis Kurkdjian, but the perfume seems to run out of steam (or should that be cash) after a very brief time both on my skin and on a tester strip. Granted, the fragrance is suitably sharp and elegant when it does manage to make an appearance, but the brevity of that opening loveliness is all too brief for me. All that's left is a beige patchouli nothingness, and by the time that point is reached, I've forgotten what the start smelled like.

A nice try from Burberry, but there's hundreds of other perfumes that do this better. In particular, take a look at Guerlain's Après L'ondée for the most beautiful post-rain experience in perfumery.

Latest Reviews

JMKJMK 8 years ago
One of the things I loved about the original Narciso Rodriguez for Her was the dissonance it created between being a pretty floral and a sensual, almost delinquent musk. Narciso (2014) continues that theme; the pastel shades implied...
JMKJMK 8 years ago
In a way, I am still disappointed with Chanel 1932 (EDT). It does seem to occupy a space between Chanel's previous offerings - 31 Rue Cambon and 28 La Pausa - whilst not really being as distinctive as either of those two. Aside...