Weekend for Men 1997Eau de Toilette

Weekend for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry
Bottle Design Federico Restrepo
Weekend for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Burberry for men and was released in 1997. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Mandarin orange, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIvy, Oakmoss, Sandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Honey, Musk

Submitted by Sani, last update on 08.06.2020.

ColinM
Plenty of better options for your weekend!
Crisp green-fruity-citrus scent with no praise or blame – well, more blame than praise, quite on the synthetic/acrid side (a floor detergent, basically – imagine you’re using it to clean the tropical juice you’ve just spilled on the floor, here’s Weekend). Quite cheap overall, especially for the first minutes which are fairly loud and pungent; once it settles a bit on skin and finds its proper tuning, it’s a mildly enjoyable and exceedingly generic green-citrus-musky scent with those annoying metallic-pungent nonsense nuances many brands try to pass as “tropical fruity notes” – although luckily it’s more green-woody and citrus than tropical. Not that acrid anymore if compared to the opening, more metallic and “gassy” after a couple of hours, but still miles away from being something pleasant to wear. Anyway, linearly green and fruity on the lime-tropical side, and that’s all. Personally I’d rate this mediocre, to be generous; but if you’re looking for a summer fragrance and your pretenses are really (really, really) low, then here you go.

5/10
2.5

A Scent with a Programme
This is the weekend of a man who is part of a couple, I'd say. There's a whiff of coffee from breakfast still hanging in the air, but now he's out in the garden mowing the lawn while she is quickly wiping down the house (the cleaning agent being Citrus Fresh). Later on he goes fishing: I smell an aquatic note that reminds me of fish fresh from the water. After that, the fragrance becomes warmer and more sensual: He and his beloved are cuddling up on the sofa, becoming more passionate later on. Here the fragrance fades out discreetly...

Weekend is a relaxed, green and fresh fragrance that is not intrusive. Unfortunately it's also not longlasting. Although I can see why it is marketed as a men's fragrance, I can easily imagine it worn by women as well, as it doesn't contain any expressly masculine notes. It's more like a classical eau de cologne.

Masculine citrus
It's no secret that my favourite perfume of all time is Weekend for Women, so I was eager to see what the male version was like with the intention of perhaps purchasing it for my significant other.

This cologne is not a floral like its female equivalent, which I consider a good thing, (I like my men to smell masculine). Weekend for men is quite fruity yet pleasantly sour, that makes this scent a fantastic Summer fragrance, as it is sharp and refreshing without being too overpowering.

The lasting strength is not bad, however I'm speaking from a female perspective where many of our fragrances are eau de parfum rather than eau de toilette, so the lasting power might actually be fantastic for some.

Weekend is so light and clean that it could actually be worn by a very daring woman. However, I do believe that this fragrance is very masculine. The only element of this fragrance that mirrors Weekend for Women is the honey note in the drydown, which adds warmth and a little bit of sweetness.

My verdict on this fragrance; I love it yet I don't think this type of fragrance would suit my man, (he's more into dark and woodsy scents). However, I will consider buying this for some of my male friends when it comes time to buy them gifts.

by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte
by Michael
by Michael

Popular Burberry

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Bespoke - Amber Heath by Burberry Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Burberry My Burberry Black (Parfum) by Burberry Her by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Gold by Burberry Sport for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry Her Intense by Burberry