Weekend for Men 1997 Eau de Toilette

Weekend for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry
Bottle Design Federico Restrepo
Weekend for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Burberry for men and was released in 1997. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit Mandarin orangeMandarin orange LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIvyIvy OakmossOakmoss SandalwoodSandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber HoneyHoney MuskMusk

Submitted by Sani, last update on 30.03.2022.

Qualitytime
"Weekend For Men" is 24 (!) years old... Wow. You wouldn't think so. And it's the first real hit from my bulk order of Cheapies last week, which will probably stay in my collection forever, worn with pleasure. And probably now even my favourite Burberry fragrance. Way too overlooked, way too little written about it. That has to change! Or not. It will just stay with me. But a great fragrance it is in any case. Still cheap and great, in the 90s as today. Timeless citrus soul solver.

A little reminiscent not only the bottle of Cerrutis "Image PH", it also has its banana aura. Very green, light and easy to wear. A faithful, stylish companion is "Weekend For Men". Perfect name, perfect fragrance in its orientation. Almairac finds greatness in minimalism. Bitter orange notes that are delightfully relaxed and grown-up. High quality to boot. Round and coherent. Green. Mossy. The convertible calls, spring from the bottle. So
Late summer awakening just before All Saints' Day. "Weekend For Men" is worth every blind purchase, even more so at the just too frivolous price. Real oakmoss excitement. So who has it in the collection and even there like to sometimes overlooked or in the last row - please bring it to the front again for my love!

Flacon: simple, transparent, fitting, transparent
Sillage: carrier fragrance and relaxing
Longevity: longer than the usual citronier - 6 hours

Conclusion: an unobtrusive citrus wonder from Burberry! Highly underrated and definitely to be rediscovered. Timelessly beautiful. Pure and prima. Just an olfactory timeout from all the overload and stress. Great. Great, great, great. Great, great, great

MirzAsim
Weekend is so uplifting and sunny
This is my all-time favorite scent. Make a list and it is a number 1.

Here's why. I personally buy perfume based on my feelings, not on the scent or how they perform.

When I was young, like very very young, my friend's brother used this one. He is very handsome but his style is free-spirited and fearless/carefree personality.

I adored him so much and this Burberry weekend and D&G Light Blue are always on his vanity. I saw him spraying one or two before going out. He is always smelling so good, and this is the first scent that made me into the world of fragrance.

Every time I wear this, it always brings back to my childhood. A good memory. A loving past.

How many weekend bottles I used? 7 and I still have two 100ml as a backup.

I love Citrusy fragrance so this is the number one, all the time. I don't care about whether the weather is hot or cold. But however, I might have 20 bottles to wear based on the occasions, but if it is the weekend, this is one, there is no other.

ColinM
Plenty of better options for your weekend!
Crisp green-fruity-citrus scent with no praise or blame – well, more blame than praise, quite on the synthetic/acrid side (a floor detergent, basically – imagine you’re using it to clean the tropical juice you’ve just spilled on the floor, here’s Weekend). Quite cheap overall, especially for the first minutes which are fairly loud and pungent; once it settles a bit on skin and finds its proper tuning, it’s a mildly enjoyable and exceedingly generic green-citrus-musky scent with those annoying metallic-pungent nonsense nuances many brands try to pass as “tropical fruity notes” – although luckily it’s more green-woody and citrus than tropical. Not that acrid anymore if compared to the opening, more metallic and “gassy” after a couple of hours, but still miles away from being something pleasant to wear. Anyway, linearly green and fruity on the lime-tropical side, and that’s all. Personally I’d rate this mediocre, to be generous; but if you’re looking for a summer fragrance and your pretenses are really (really, really) low, then here you go.

5/10
2.5

A Scent with a Programme
This is the weekend of a man who is part of a couple, I'd say. There's a whiff of coffee from breakfast still hanging in the air, but now he's out in the garden mowing the lawn while she is quickly wiping down the house (the cleaning agent being Citrus Fresh). Later on he goes fishing: I smell an aquatic note that reminds me of fish fresh from the water. After that, the fragrance becomes warmer and more sensual: He and his beloved are cuddling up on the sofa, becoming more passionate later on. Here the fragrance fades out discreetly...

Weekend is a relaxed, green and fresh fragrance that is not intrusive. Unfortunately it's also not longlasting. Although I can see why it is marketed as a men's fragrance, I can easily imagine it worn by women as well, as it doesn't contain any expressly masculine notes. It's more like a classical eau de cologne.

Masculine citrus
It's no secret that my favourite perfume of all time is Weekend for Women, so I was eager to see what the male version was like with the intention of perhaps purchasing it for my significant other.

This cologne is not a floral like its female equivalent, which I consider a good thing, (I like my men to smell masculine). Weekend for men is quite fruity yet pleasantly sour, that makes this scent a fantastic Summer fragrance, as it is sharp and refreshing without being too overpowering.

The lasting strength is not bad, however I'm speaking from a female perspective where many of our fragrances are eau de parfum rather than eau de toilette, so the lasting power might actually be fantastic for some.

Weekend is so light and clean that it could actually be worn by a very daring woman. However, I do believe that this fragrance is very masculine. The only element of this fragrance that mirrors Weekend for Women is the honey note in the drydown, which adds warmth and a little bit of sweetness.

My verdict on this fragrance; I love it yet I don't think this type of fragrance would suit my man, (he's more into dark and woodsy scents). However, I will consider buying this for some of my male friends when it comes time to buy them gifts.

by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte
by Michael
by Michael

Popular by Burberry

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Amber Heath by Burberry Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Her (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry Black (Parfum) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Burberry Brit for Him (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Her Intense by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry My Burberry Black (Elixir de Parfum) by Burberry