Weekend for Women (1997)

Weekend for Women by Burberry
Weekend for Women (Burberry)

Weekend for Women is a perfume by Burberry for women and was released in 1997. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Mignonette, Sage
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Rose hip, Hyacinth, Iris, Nectarine, Peach blossom, Violet root
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.06.2018

Burberry Weekend
I'm inordinately picky when it comes to florals, but I like this one. Burberry rarely lets me down. This perfume feels like a walk a field of wildflowers and fresh grass with the sun warming your back.

There are enough bitter notes (I've seen aromatic grassy notes listed. Reseda possibly? Ginger grass? Galbanum?) to cut the sweetness of the floral notes. There's bright citrus to keep it all fresh and fizzy, a delicious honeyed peach note that feels like the warm sun, and a gloriously cozy drydown of musk, cedar, and sandalwood.

Burberry Weekend is a lovely non-heady floral that is warmed up and toned down by fruit and woody notes.

Is it terribly original or groundbreaking? No. Is it done well? Absolutely.
Scent 0.0/10
Meh...
Burberry Weekend (women's)just didn't wow me at all. It isn't terrible by any means (that distinction belongs to the male version) I simply find it to be Dull. On me it smelled sort of hay-like ,until I realized later that it smelled just like the oat and honey scent bubble bath my Dad uses which I'm pretty sure that sells for $3-6 for a huge jug. For now I think I'll leave this one for others ,may retry it later.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 5.0/10
Have a nice weekend
The topnotes are ultra-pleasant, fresh and green - just gorgeous. I suppose you'd be hard pressed to find anybody who'd dislike them. "Weekend's" heart is flowery, with a touch of peach, but perfumer Nathalie Lorson didn't give us the usual fruity-floral. Instead, she opted for a very beautiful chord which (faintly, very faintly) reminds me of "Beautiful" by Estee Lauder. The flowery notes stretch through to the drydown and remain discreet, but clearly discernable. In my opinion "Weekend's" assets are obvious: it's a very versatile fragrance which will not offend anybody and can be used anywhere, come weekend or office. One of the best offerings by Burberry.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
A bouquet of hyacinths on a cool spring day
When spring arrives I spend hours in my bulb garden enjoying the beauty of first flowers poking their way through the damp earth towards warmth and sunshine. The gentle spring flowers always fill my heart with so much happiness and joy. Weekend by Burberry captures this feeling of being outside on such a lovely spring day. It captures the cool air, brilliant blue sky, floral freshness of spring flowers and tenderness of greens. It is sparkly and airy, innocent and happy. It is something that I crave to wear to celebrate the arrival of spring.

The scent opens with a crisp and cool citrus and tender spring flowers. There is a slight fresh linen accent, which makes this scent clean and airy. I was pleasantly surprised to discover a nice bouquet of hyacinths in the heart notes. I grow hyacinth every spring and quite fond of them, but don’t see them very often as a prominent note in perfumes. I can definitely detect it here, layered with other spring floral notes, and playing hide and seek with me. At times it is not there and then, like a spring breeze, I get this fresh, a bit heady and strong, hyacinth scent wrapping around me. The cyclamen and peach blossom are also lovely in this perfume. The iris adds the soft and powdery accent towards the base.

I find that the sillage is strong, even overpowering if overdone, but the longevity is not that great. It disappears after 3 hours on me.

I would recommend Weekend to those who love romantic spring floral compositions. Overall score 7.5/10.
Scent 2.0/10
Dry sheet on paper, Drugstore floral on skin
Burberry Weekend for Woman is a clean, clear, & fresh floral in a sunny, outdoorsy way. BWW *could* be for the weekend if you're from the town & country set. For the rest of us mere mortals, it's office-appropriate or warm-weather wear, imo. BBW strikes me as a fragrance that would appeal to someone who likes the vibe of EA Sunflowers but thinks Sunflowers is too pedestrian.

On paper, BWW is a slightly powdery dryer sheet, plain & simple. But on me, it's all floral. Unfortunately, BWW is wearing me rather than the other way around - it's quite strong. Down-market florals frequently are difficult for me, and BWW is just another in a long line of drugstore florals that I've tried & been unable to wear.

That said, I adore Burbery Classic and like Brit & Brit Red. But Weekend is a huge no-can-do for me. I guess I'm just a spicy, oriental, woody, vanilla kind of gal - at least when it comes to Burberry.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
Signature worthy
If there ever came a time when the world was about to end and I had to save at least one perfume, this would be my choice. It is such a strange yet lovable scent, one that has a somewhat uncanny resemblance to a field of wildflowers.

A perfectly imagined scene whilst wearing this fragrance would include a pretty, white summer dress and a picturesque green field complete with wild daisies. I would be lying on the grass next to the one I love watching the clouds drift by. It brings joy to my day.

The combination of peach, reseda, sage and violet gives this fragrance a strangely bitter, honey-like scent. What I find so intriguing and fascinating is the unique drydown. I'll be walking down the street and wondering what smells so beautiful, and then I'll realise that it's actually me. Words cannot describe how warm and enriching this fragrance can be in its final stages.

I would never have believed that a person like myself, with such a picky personality would ever find her signature scent. Well, I guess I proved myself wrong. I'll be wearing this perfume for many years to come.

• by Orientpoison by Orientpoison
  • by Gold by Gold
  • by Wahule by Wahule
  • by Annkom by Annkom

Popular Burberry

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry The Beat (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry The Beat for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him by Burberry Mr. Burberry (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Baby Touch (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry Black by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body Tender by Burberry