Weekend for Women 1997

Weekend for Women by Burberry
Bottle Design Federico Restrepo
7.2 / 10 191 Ratings
Weekend for Women is a perfume by Burberry for women and was released in 1997. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes Mandarin orangeMandarin orange ResedaReseda SageSage
Heart Notes Heart Notes CyclamenCyclamen Rose hipRose hip HyacinthHyacinth IrisIris NectarineNectarine Peach blossomPeach blossom Violet rootViolet root
Base Notes Base Notes MuskMusk SandalwoodSandalwood CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.11.2022.

7 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 40
There are fragrances...
...which we pay no attention, whether because of the bottle...because this is perhaps not elaborate enough design, the low rating...because we prefer to listen to the opinion of others, instead of making ourselves a picture of it or perhaps the fragrance pyramid, which has some component, with which you can not handle.
So we do that, by the way, with our fellow human beings, technical devices, food...hach, I could go on forever...but today it should be about this fragrance.

Burberry...with the brand I connect only one other fragrance I know and that is "Her"...not my case at all, too fruity, too sweet...
The flacon...well...a designer award would not win the...
The reviews...dümpeln so in the midfield...
Fragrance pyramid...sage?! Isn't exactly one of my favorite spices...

Still, I had to try this one because I smelled it on my friend and thought it was incredibly awesome. She said only... "oh you, that's nothing special, that's actually full cheap"...now I had to try him of course right on myself...and not because I'm a Greek Swabian, but because I find it impossible when you devalue something "just because it's cheap".

The fragrance starts fruity, but not this fruity sweet, but just fruity, juicy...I don't know why, but it makes my mouth water and I can't even explain why that is. Later, cyclamen, iris and peach blossom join in, but the fruity tangerine/nectarine is still noticeable until the end, albeit subtly. I don't smell the sage, musk and woody notes...or they are so expertly woven together that I just don't smell them. For that it is such a fresh, fluffy fragrance, holds the loose six / seven hours with me...and normally my skin lets such fragrances evaporate quickly.

The name says it all...with that you get a good mood, fits wonderfully in this season and also in the summer. You can wear it everywhere, it is noticeable, but not annoying and is like a ray of sunshine on a dull day.

Conclusion...dare you also to fragrances (or people) ran, the evtl. at first glance nothing for one seem to be...sometimes you discover under it true treasures...

Top Review 5
Signature worthy
If there ever came a time when the world was about to end and I had to save at least one perfume, this would be my choice. It is such a strange yet lovable scent, one that has a somewhat uncanny resemblance to a field of wildflowers.

A perfectly imagined scene whilst wearing this fragrance would include a pretty, white summer dress and a picturesque green field complete with wild daisies. I would be lying on the grass next to the one I love watching the clouds drift by. It brings joy to my day.

The combination of peach, reseda, sage and violet gives this fragrance a strangely bitter, honey-like scent. What I find so intriguing and fascinating is the unique drydown. I'll be walking down the street and wondering what smells so beautiful, and then I'll realise that it's actually me. Words cannot describe how warm and enriching this fragrance can be in its final stages.

I would never have believed that a person like myself, with such a picky personality would ever find her signature scent. Well, I guess I proved myself wrong. I'll be wearing this perfume for many years to come.

Awesomeness
Dry sheet on paper, Drugstore floral on skin
Burberry Weekend for Woman is a clean, clear, & fresh floral in a sunny, outdoorsy way. BWW *could* be for the weekend if you're from the town & country set. For the rest of us mere mortals, it's office-appropriate or warm-weather wear, imo. BBW strikes me as a fragrance that would appeal to someone who likes the vibe of EA Sunflowers but thinks Sunflowers is too pedestrian.

On paper, BWW is a slightly powdery dryer sheet, plain & simple. But on me, it's all floral. Unfortunately, BWW is wearing me rather than the other way around - it's quite strong. Down-market florals frequently are difficult for me, and BWW is just another in a long line of drugstore florals that I've tried & been unable to wear.

That said, I adore Burbery Classic and like Brit & Brit Red. But Weekend is a huge no-can-do for me. I guess I'm just a spicy, oriental, woody, vanilla kind of gal - at least when it comes to Burberry.

Helpful Review 2
Have a nice weekend
The topnotes are ultra-pleasant, fresh and green - just gorgeous. I suppose you'd be hard pressed to find anybody who'd dislike them. "Weekend's" heart is flowery, with a touch of peach, but perfumer Nathalie Lorson didn't give us the usual fruity-floral. Instead, she opted for a very beautiful chord which (faintly, very faintly) reminds me of "Beautiful" by Estee Lauder. The flowery notes stretch through to the drydown and remain discreet, but clearly discernable. In my opinion "Weekend's" assets are obvious: it's a very versatile fragrance which will not offend anybody and can be used anywhere, come weekend or office. One of the best offerings by Burberry.

Helpful Review 3
A bouquet of hyacinths on a cool spring day
When spring arrives I spend hours in my bulb garden enjoying the beauty of first flowers poking their way through the damp earth towards warmth and sunshine. The gentle spring flowers always fill my heart with so much happiness and joy. Weekend by Burberry captures this feeling of being outside on such a lovely spring day. It captures the cool air, brilliant blue sky, floral freshness of spring flowers and tenderness of greens. It is sparkly and airy, innocent and happy. It is something that I crave to wear to celebrate the arrival of spring.

The scent opens with a crisp and cool citrus and tender spring flowers. There is a slight fresh linen accent, which makes this scent clean and airy. I was pleasantly surprised to discover a nice bouquet of hyacinths in the heart notes. I grow hyacinth every spring and quite fond of them, but don’t see them very often as a prominent note in perfumes. I can definitely detect it here, layered with other spring floral notes, and playing hide and seek with me. At times it is not there and then, like a spring breeze, I get this fresh, a bit heady and strong, hyacinth scent wrapping around me. The cyclamen and peach blossom are also lovely in this perfume. The iris adds the soft and powdery accent towards the base.

I find that the sillage is strong, even overpowering if overdone, but the longevity is not that great. It disappears after 3 hours on me.

I would recommend Weekend to those who love romantic spring floral compositions. Overall score 7.5/10.
More reviews

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

7 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Burberry

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Amber Heath by Burberry Her (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry My Burberry Black (Parfum) by Burberry Her Intense by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit for Him (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Burberry My Burberry Black (Elixir de Parfum) by Burberry Hero (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry