Her 2018 Eau de Parfum

Her (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry
Her (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Burberry for women and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberryRaspberry StrawberryStrawberry CherryCherry BlackberryBlackberry BlueberryBlueberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesVioletViolet JasmineJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk AmberAmber

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 16.05.2022.

Succeeding Cara Delevingne, the face of the advertising campaign is British model Fran Summers.

KatrinVi
What's a gourmand.. finally?
Lately, I'm used to hate popular perfumes and love the hated ones so, don't get me wrong. I guess that's my nose not working properly.

So, when I saw the notes of this perfume I was so excited and thought it would be a nice candidate for my next signature.
It let me down..
As a gourmand lover let me explain how I rank my perfumes into this category. Gourmand means that not only I'm smelling a specific note, but it makes me wanna eat "myself" when I'm wearing it.
I don't really get a lot of red fruits, just strawberry, but not the edible one. The one I smell in my car freshener. I don't get the Cotton Candy.
Is it a Gourmand? No
Is it creamy? Noway
Is it a fresh/clean? No
Is it heavy? No
Is it light? No
Is it balanced? Yes, but for me a perfume that fails to impress.

Just delicious.
When i first got this one it reminded me of a creamy strawberry scented lip balm or body mist but with much better lasting power and projection.
I do get the smallest similarity between Burberry Her and Ariana Grande Cloud, this one being a strong strawberry scent and cloud more coconut.
I absolutely love Cloud and Her.
Her is better suited for spring/summer.
Sweet, powdery strawberry, just delicious.
Strawberry Musk Bomb
Boy, oh boy, did I not expect that! What a strawberry-musk bomb! What a sillage!

For a long time I've been lurking around Burberry Her, because something has so extremely piqued my interest, although I had Burberry as a perfume house never so on the screen.
A friend of mine used to have Burberry Body and loved it dearly. I still remember that I tested it myself while shopping once, but no longer how I found it.

But back to Her. Maybe it was the whole Baccarat rouge discussion (I can't say anything about that since I don't know Baccarat) that got me interested, maybe it was the desire to try a perfume with strawberry, which I was actually convinced couldn't be mine (too artificial, childish, cheapo smelling). Maybe it was also the minimalist flacon.

What have I not read everything about Her: medical smelling like cough syrup, super artificial, cardboard sweet, playdoh / dough moderately, bubble gum, only for young girls, poor durability.

All that considered, this was certainly a risky and quite brave blind purchase. But the curiosity was so great & the have want effect reached maximum.

So with a bit of jitters, I sprayed two spritzes on my wrist. The strawberry, which came to me there, liked me contrary to expectation immediately. It is in my opinion neither too sweet, nor too artificial. Maybe a little bit synthetic, but not much and for me also really not disturbing. Also pappig sweet I do not find them.

What strikes with me really strong is after a short time the musk. I did not expect that at all. I had actually hoped for more of a creamy strawberry-berry-cream flatterer.

And what a sillage these two sprays had, unbelievable. Usually my skin just eats up perfumes, not with Her.
With this strawberry musk bomb I went shopping then first. Through the jacket and mask I got whiffs again and again, which rose to my nose. I did not expect that either and I am as surprised as positively taken.

As I said, the musk strikes through with me without end. At most, the violet joins very slightly and makes everything on my skin quite powdery. This is also where I get the playdoh vibes I was afraid of. And I mean that in the most positive way possible. Because I also like this unexpectedly well.
Only with the musk I still have to come to terms a bit, because it seems slightly masculine in phases.

I get no jasmine, no lemon and all the other notes that should still be contained in Her. A little later, the strawberry comes through again minimally, which could be gladly a bit stronger, sweeter and juicier.

Burberry Her is thus with me: strawberry-musk (violet), perhaps still something patchouli.
Gladly I would have had it a little more creamy, lactonic, strawberry cream was my hope.

All in all, Her has surprised me in many ways, but I must say, the fragrance really likes and he may stay with me, even if my husband spontaneously would not be so taken?.
Only to the musk I have to get used to something, I'm not 100% sure yet.
The sillage is hammermäßig and also the durability I would rate as (for me unexpectedly) good, which makes me very happy.

I can actually imagine him all year round, because he looks very clean and classy, distinguished British. Also, I don't think it only suits young girls, but for all ages.
This is my first impression, which I write down here spontaneously, but so far I'm really happy that I made this blind purchase.
Picnic in the park
"If you're in love and you don't know where to go... there's only one town that has what no town has: go to the front of town, where the fruit trees are in blossom, and every farmhouse will tell you..." It must be a piece of heaven... adam & Evita are sitting in the high grass on the meadow, surrounded by jasmine and violets - enjoying the loooong sunny summer afternoon. Mild sun rays fall through shady treetops. Not an apple tree to be seen far & wide. A paradise full of innocent abundance ... relaxing , wellness and a bit of yawning mischievousness from lip to ear and lip to lip - sometimes that's all it takes. The British know that, and that's why they probably created this perfume for their country trips ... ;-)
Maritel
Strawberry chewing gum coated with icing sugar
First, about the appearance, sweet, tender. Pastel pink, simple. Minimalism must also be able to appreciate.

I ordered you blind, was very excited when you arrived. The first spray on my wrist and sniffed it excitedly. With the fragrance that overcame me, I had a sudden association with a then strawberry gum coated with a layer of powdered sugar. You're sweet, fruity - powdery, synthetic. I don't notice any remarkable change in the scent. But your monotone smells so good it's completely satisfying.

Is it necessary to own you? Probably not, it's a nice to have. Don't get me wrong, this scent is great. Very nice, pleasant. You get a lot of compliments. But nonetheless, there are a lot of fragrances on the market that I would declare 'must have'. Am unsure if I would miss it if I eventually run out.
TheNicheOne
Cotton candy, strawberry and a hint of citrus
For me, the sweet but also a bit sour strawberry note makes itself most noticeable. Burberry her is sensual, feminine, sweet, fruity and fresh at the same time. The durability and sillage are top (I'm always asked about it even if I have not re-sprayed) and he fills the whole room. Even when compared to several other scents (BR 540, Ariana Grande cloud) I always recognize it. In my opinion, the scents are similar but in no way dupes for each other
Who's that smelling?
The other day I was walking through the city -with a mask, mind you- when I suddenly noticed a scent in the hustle and bustle of people: Burberry. Even if I do not know from whom the scent tail actually emanated, I am 100% sure that it was Burberry her, so strong you could perceive the scent. Yes, this perfume is an absolute going out scent. I got by far the most compliments for this perfume. Probably because everyone within a radius of ten meters can smell it. I have such a sillage with no other perfume. I personally like the fragrance, it's not my favorite, but as I said for going out top suitable. Synthetic, but somehow interesting and sexy, all my friends love it. Of course, you can wear any perfume regardless of age, but I think that this fragrance is particularly popular among the slightly younger - or young at heart;)
A fragrance comparison between Burberry Her, Her Intense and BR540
With a wicked tongue, one could say that Grand Master Francis Kurkdjian has merely copied himself and created a fragrance twin to his popular Baccarat Rouge 540 Eau de Parfum (hereafter abbreviated as BR540). More on this later, first of all on the Burberrys.

Her came to market in 2018 as the sweetest, perhaps the youngest of the Burberry fragrances to date.

Her Intense followed in 2019, also created by Francis Kurkdjian. Both are considered to be fragrance twins, both to each other and to BR540. So far the "facts"
Before I can judge that, I sniff my way through the scent gradients.

Burberry Her starts strawberry-sweet, slightly artificial and reminds me, without having smelled any of the other fragrances, in the top note very much of Baccarat Rouge, precisely because of this exuberant sweetness. Once the first sugar shock is overcome, it quickly becomes milder, more fruity, and the darker berries emerge. I have such a girly, very young and cheeky association here, but perhaps I am also influenced by his advertising face Cara Delevingne. In the further course of the piece, floral notes join the fruit. The violets seem candied, I can hardly make out jasmine.
There's one of those carnival scents that's on: Of cotton candy, gummy bears and violets
Her Intense smells darker, almost purple, because of the blackberries, which could also be blueberries here. Benzoe gives caramel-like, almost bitter-tender undertones. This is not as sweet and squeaky as the original scent, due to the missing strawberry note. In the heart, I can easily recognize the jasmine blossoms, which are flowery and, within a tolerable framework, have a subtle Indolic effect. I like Her Intense better right away, I feel more comfortable with it and find it more bearable for me. Here I wouldn't see any parallels to BR540, because the sweetness is sugary but a bit darker. So this fragrance is a dessert fragrance for me: dark berries on crème caramel, which is a bit more mature.

Compared to each other, I can say: they are not Scent Twins. Even though they come dangerously close in drydown, I would describe Burberry Her as a strawberry-sugarfloss fair fragrance and Her Intense as a gourmand blackberry-cream-caramel dessert fragrance
Let us now come to the initial assertion and the comparison with BR540.

BR540 and Burberry Her combines this exuberant, bright sweetness in the head. Her then evolves into the more fruity direction, while BR540 adds very concise and aromatic notes of saffron and cedar wood. In the drydown on paper, both approach each other again. However, I wouldn't speak of fragrance twins here, but rather of the fact that Grandmaster F.K. merely inspired himself, with a certain fragrance character that works very well in the niche world, as well as in the designer world at the moment. And Burberry Her is at least more closely related to BR540 than Ariana Grande -Cloud.

As for durability, I can say that Burberry Her Intense held best on my skin: on a very sultry summer's day around 7 hours, Burberry Her ran out of air about an hour earlier. BR540 is out of competition here, it sticks to my skin until the next day.

My conclusion: Burberry Her and Her Intense are two sweet and fruity fragrances where you have to decide for yourself whether you prefer the fair or the dessert. They both work even in hot and humid summer temperatures, and are not true fragrance twins to BR540, although Her seems to be a little more inspired by this niche fragrance than Her Intense. If I had to choose one, I would choose the Intense version. In principle, when it comes to candy scents, I would usually prefer the Prada Candy range, though.

Thank you for reading.

Your Flaconesse

Not only for Anglophiles
I like the Burberry fragrances because of the slight understatement that always resonates softly in them.

With them you don't run the risk of being overdressed .
British subtlety and restraint.

So I was surprised how trusting and motherly I met Her !

Delicious and seductive, the sweet berries caress my nose.
Beardy beige, - sweet - but not overly sweet.
Lovely and girlish - but not small girlish.

I " old " girl feel immediately addressed by his friendly statement.

The jasmine has elegant hints, finely powdered with violet.
Also the sweetish transparent amber note makes Her more mature at the end.

I like that Her matures from playful to "ladylike".

But this lady is casual and open for everything that is fun.

A slightly different Burberry - which is quite successful.

Sumptuous-glutty-kitschy fruit stew

"There's something about the smell..."
I would never have come to this fragrance if I hadn't accidentally heard this comment from a young customer at the launch a long time ago. The pink display was rather meaningless, the bottle doesn't look expensive and could just as well be in the drugstore without the Burberry logo. At least I like London.

I have tested the fragrance for some time now.

Sweet sticky, luscious berries in the top note want to slay you! Super ripe strawberry, intense and synthetic. A stew of fruits: you don't know exactly which berries are in it, but they are in it and they are very sweet. This can only be intentional. The - admittedly - very ripe, very sweet fruits have this warm fullness, which surprised me very much, as I associate fruity scents with lighter spring and summer perfumes. Surprised, I came to the conclusion that this fruit bomb is probably more for autumn and winter.

After wearing it for a longer period of time I noticed that the fragrance has its strength especially in the heart note. There it spreads its full lushness. The base note is unfortunately less fruity and unfortunately very musky and slightly woody. Not my case, which is why I prefer to add it several times a day.

Burberry her is fruity, yet surprisingly warm, already teasing, a touch wanted, and probably also a hint of kitsch somewhere. I look at younger women. She is creative, slightly naive, free-spirited, enthusiastic. A woman who doesn't take things too seriously.

I actually find the Intense version more flattering, less offensive than the eau de parfum, which does not necessarily mean that I find the Intense better. They are already very different in my nose.

ScentwitchScentwitch 6 months ago
This is a great fruity perfume!

by Sky22
by Melaniemel
by Pocahontas92
by Pocahontas92

Popular by Burberry

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Amber Heath by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Burberry My Burberry Black (Parfum) by Burberry Brit for Him (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Her Intense by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Gold by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry My Burberry (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Burberrys for Men (1992) (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry