Hero 2021

Hero by Burberry
Bottle Design Riccardo Tisci
Hero is a new perfume by Burberry for men and was released in 2021. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

BergamotBergamot
Black pepperBlack pepper
JuniperJuniper
Atlas cedarAtlas cedar
Himalaya cedarHimalaya cedar
Virginia cedarVirginia cedar

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 28.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Adam Driver, filmed by Jonathan Glazer and photographed by Mario Sorrenti.

Accident or fate?
I accidentally sprayed this men's perfume generously on my wrists during my visit to Karstadt after some testing. Already when leaving the store I noticed the striking sillage that left the store with me. I found the top notes to be slightly sweet and fresh on me. Quite quickly, the cedars joined in. Even late in the evening, the woody smell could be smelled - the fragrance definitely lasts a long time on the skin.
Since I've been into woody and spicy scents for a few months anyway, this oversight was honestly not at all unfortunate! I felt the fragrance is not too "masculine", but by its fresh note he can quite - in my opinion, also go through as unisex!
Hero of the proletariat
"Hero" by Burberry is quite a solid craftsman. Woody, synthetic, usable.

Faux leather. Brown antique cacophony. Very straight, very smooth, very office-appropriate. Geza Schön without fire in the poppes. "Eau de Cade" in more mainstream. I don't want to talk about Cedars. Because I basically like it. Classics are different. Heroic even more so. Still, very unexciting, modern and off-the-shelf done right. The brown suit to spray on. Between the future and the 70s. Olfactory prefab.

Flacon: angular and great + magnetic head
Sillage: totally sufficient mediocrity
Durability: 6 hours, then it gets thin

Conclusion: Not My Hero Academia - but as a very solid, woody "Workhorse" (in both senses) thinkable!
5.5

Smora
Do We Need Another Hero? (Aurelien Guichard, 2021)
Scentrack: Tina Turner – We Don’t Need Another Hero

I was excited when Burberry announced the release of the new masculine line. Although a little bit concerned because of the name – Hero. Unfortunately, my concerns were justified. Burberry Hero is just another 2020’s fragrance. Inoffensive, easy to wear and politically correct male fragrance. Still, it possesses some pale interesting woody nuances that Aurelien Guichard replayed from his earlier creations like This is Him by Zadig & Voltaire or Bois Noir by Robert Piguet. Hero starts with, nowadays very popular, bergamot, some metallic undertones and a nice creamy touch that morphs into a full-blooded cedar heart. The cedar accord is really made of a fresh Virginian variety and a sweeter Atlas one. The composition is extremely contemporary woody, yet not overly synthetic. It has some nice woody and masculine undertones which I can associate with the classic Burberry brand. However, too weak, and bland. Hero is not a bad composition. It smells good, it is versatile, and easy to wear. Not so heroic, but a perfect ticket for newcomers to enter the serious niche woody game. Still, do we need another Hero? No Burberry, we don’t.

Nice but...
As a good Adam Driver fan, I've been to the local perfume shop to smell Hero by Burberry, finally!
I’ll be honest, I expected much much more. Probably it’s because it’s 1 year that I’m exploring niche perfumery so I’m used to other kind of stuff even if I don’t disdain commercial perfumery... but this was so...”anonymous”/generic?
Like yes, it’s without doubts good, but it’s something I’ve already smelled. I’ve tried it both on the mouillette and on my skin, I 100% prefer the smell that leaves on my skin but it's not a perfume I'd buy (for me or as a gift for a man).
Plus even the name is not appropriate in my opinion, you can't call Hero a fragrance that is really normal/average and could be worn by everybody on every occasion, maybe in the office so you don't bother anybody.
Then you show me Adam as a centaur in the ad, nope! Not a centaur frag :'D It's obvious that I have expectations after that!

ElysiumElysium 2 months ago
Adorable, lovable, lovely. It deviates from the sweet-salty ambroxan trendsetter by offering fresh spicy accords against a woody background.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 months ago
Cedar and iso E super based scent. With a screechy citrus on top. Boring as hell. Get Encre Noire for a better dry woody experience.
MuratArabaciMuratArabaci 2 months ago
This is the result of political correctness, include everyone, exclude no one, made for anyone. SO BORING. I'd rather wear a scented lotion.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 3 months ago
Very very average fragrance. Pretty much forgot about it as soon as I put it on 4-10 at best. Poor longevity. Iso e super with a bit pepper.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 3 months ago
The bottle fits the scent perfectly... boring and bland...

Popular Burberry

London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Her by Burberry London for Women by Burberry Amber Heath by Burberry Burberry for Women by Burberry Brit for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Brit Rhythm for Him (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Burberry Brit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry Touch for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry My Burberry Black (Parfum) by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum) by Burberry Weekend for Women by Burberry Brit Gold by Burberry Body (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Burberry Her Intense by Burberry Brit Red by Burberry Sport for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Burberry