Aqva pour Homme Atlantiqve 2017

Aqva pour Homme Atlantiqve by Bvlgari
Aqva pour Homme Atlantiqve is a perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2017. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Sicilian lemon, Aquatic notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmbergris
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Benzoin

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 19.09.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Justice Joslin, photographed by Michel Sedan.

Schallhoerer
A handful of cold water in the morning
Aqva pour Homme Atlantiqve starts like a handful of cold water in the face early in the morning. You have to be prepared for this. In contrast to the previous Aqva fragrances from the house of Bvlgari, Atlantiqve lacks something of the aquatic freshness or sea feeling. I would almost say that in the first few minutes the Atlantiqve smells more like a "perfume" in the classic sense. I don't have this feeling with Marine or Amara from the Aqva range. They seem more like a pinch of salt water (Marine) or orange cutter on the high seas (Amara).

But after an hour Atlantiqve continues to develop and becomes very interesting. Spicy woods (probably the sandalwood) now take over. In combination with bergamot and lemon, a very intense, spicy fragrance is formed, which only marginally combines the aquatic elements of the two predecessors.

Compared to Aqva Marine and Aqva Amara, although more "mainstream" in the sense of a classic perfume, it is still very unique and exciting in its composition.
Philipp91
Tart freshness, gentle but short-lived sea breeze
The Atlantique is my first Bulgari Aqua fragrance. I was looking for a fresh, eye-catching sporty fragrance and found it on the one hand, but not on the other hand.

For explanation:
The fragrance starts super fresh, complex, tart. Reminds a bit of Dior Sauvage, but is rougher, simply tart. Striking Sillage, that's what you wish for. But the whole thing lasts only 1 to 2 hours at most. I would rate the performance/durability as below average, but not surprising in a fresh aquat. Also the Sillage decreases rapidly and is only visible after 1-2 hours. The scent changes from tart masculine and tangy to maritime and fruity, very similar to its twin fragrance "Dior Sauvage EdT". Unfortunately it is only clearly weaker, as I said. But it has a mysterious, complex component.

Conclusion: Pleasant everyday scent for the slightly warmer days and sporting activities with a rapidly fading sillage and below-average durability

Aqva Blue
A long time ago (in a galaxy far far away?), I got to try a sample of this one following the whole Sauvage / body wash craze and found that it worked well on my skin. At that time, people were condemning Aqva Atlantiqve (AA) as just another Dior wannabe, and I can see why that is. Personally, I always felt that it was a little closer to Luna Rossa Carbon (minus the lavender) due to the slight powdery / gunpowdery feel, but it wasn't until I compared it side by side with Dylan Blue that I realized what it was really trying to copy.

Atlantique opens up with a rather sweet, fruity blast of bergamot, benzoin and that classic Aqva accord of green neptune grass and synthetic ambergris. To me, it's an obvious combination of the fruity top of Versace's Dylan Blue and the original Aqva (albeit stripped-down versions of both), and the whole accord initially reminds me of a watermelon flavoured candy. To the trained nose, the juxtaposition can be quite jarring though, almost as if the creators decided to take the original green core and dump some sugar gel on top to appease the young buyers. But you won't hear me complaining. I always enjoyed the original, but couldn't ever seem to stomach the twingy saltiness on my skin. This one seems to hit all the right notes without becoming cloying or offensive.

It's a pretty simple scent though and remains linear throughout. The only difference from the opening to the drydown is that the sweetness simply fades into the background over time. Only....I do remember once remarking that it sort of reminded me of the smell of chlorinated pool water only a few minutes into the intial blast. It was one of the first sprays out of the bottle, and may have been a total aberration, because it never happened again after that. Just another reason not to dig your nose in too early I suppose...

Overall though, I have to concede that it's an uber synthetic smelling composition - that part is true. Perhaps not a chemical mess, but more like a chemical harmony. Luckily, that's good news for performance - on me, it lasts well into the 8 hour mark with very good projection for the first 3. That's WELL above average for any aquatic. And positive attention? You bet. There's a reason 'blue' fragrances sell so well and are almost universally appreciated - the average consumer can understand them; and although not everyone is going to appreciate the salty greenness up close, the sweetness in the sillage adds a nice contrast that really makes this stuff intriguing. Addictive even.

Anyway, after years of reflection, I definitely think it's a worthy flanker and probably the most versatile of the line. Whereas Marine basically took the original core and covered it with grapefruit and white cedar - and Amara smouldered it with neroli incense - Atlantique merely sweetens it up and rounds off the edges. If Bvlgari was going for a modernized version, I think it's a success. But they should've just called it Aqva Blue, because that's what it is - you know, Dylan's next door neighbour. The surfer. ♫ I'm blue da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee.....♫

I really like this one;
I DO get a heavy Sauvage feel in the opening; a little more of a “round” feel, but it’s definitely similar to the Sauvage EDT. After about 20-30 minutes, you kind of get that vibe that the base of the Aqua Amara gives... a smooth masculinity that carries quite well.

Aside from the similarity to the Sauvage, I see ZERO reason people should dislike this. It’s a great scent, doesn’t smell cheap, and carries quite well.

Some people say it gives a Sauvage/Dylan Blue/Bleu de Chanel vibe, and yes you do kind of get those vibes... almost a “hybrid” blend. Like a Sauvage opening with the Dylan loudness, and a smoother Bleu base. YES they are similar, NO it isn’t a bad scent. Hell, if no one wants it, I’d happily stockpile from all the discounters, and make it a signature for the summer work schedule.

Lemony Ambrox Aquatic
I think this one gets a bad rap because it has similarities to sauvage but doesn't just smell exactly like it. So Imo, the people who hate Sauvage don't like this, and the people who are Sauvage fans dont seem to like it because its not Sauvage. I do not care for Sauvage myself, but I am a big fan of the Bvlgari aqva line and this stuff smells great. Also the wife doesnt care for Sauvage either (Said it just smells like soap), but thought this "actually smells really nice". To me, it has more going on than Sauvage, with the aquatic and melange of basenotes going really well with that Ambrox.

I mostly get a bright citrus, but with depth, blended well with the aquatic ambroxan which really does feel kind of oceanic overall. It is more sweet than Aqva Amara, and not as heavy but definitely still performs well. I don't get the seaweed vibe from this that the original Aqva has, which I actually really enjoyed but understand it can be polarizing, and it also doesnt have that bitter frankincense from Amara, that again i personally like, but some do not. I dont mind if its not a hit in the fragrance community, it just means the price will go down and everyone else wont smell like it. I really like this release, maybe more so than Aqva Amara, depending on the weather, I can see using this on the hottest and most humid of days without reservation, where maybe the Amara could be a bit much in that scenario. If you like the Aqva line but want something not as heavy, check this one out.

HugoMontezHugoMontez 16 months ago
It's a great fragrance! It's between Aqva Amara and Dylan Blue/Sauvage. A salty sweet patchouli. I prefer this over Dylan Blue and Sauvage.
LucianLucian 3 years ago
Nice shower gel freshness, in the Sauvage style. Great performances on my skin. Better options out there.
ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
A pleasant variation of Dior Sauvage, different from the other Aqua Flanders.

by Gothic
by 1976Michalis
by Ernie824
by Ernie824

Popular Bvlgari

Le Gemme - Veridia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Nylaia by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Tygar by Bvlgari Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Calaluna by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Black Orient by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black Essence by Bvlgari Splendida - Rose Rose by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Rubinia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ashlemah by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black All Blacks Limited Edition by Bvlgari Splendida - Iris d'Or by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ambero by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme Extrême by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Gyan by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari