Aqva pour Homme (2005) Eau de Toilette

Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari
Bottle Design: Studio Pi Design

Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2005. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Petitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesSantolina, Neptune grass
Base Notes Base NotesMineral amber, Clary sage

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.08.2019

LicoriceRain
Probably the best of the Aqua line.
I think it was Dillards where I first smelled this back in 2005, and a song by the Carpenters was playing over the speakers. (Strange, the things you remember that others consider insignificant.) Now, every time I think about Bulgari Aqua, I think about that. At first sniff, it smells nice enough with that orange opening, but later becomes almost plastic-like (yes, I tried it on my skin). But still, despite that plastic, fishy smell, there's something about it I like. It seems sophisticated, and is certainly not pure fish like the Aqua MARINE flanker.

Aqua..tic
Linear: lots of calone over a cedar base.

Great for a designer scent. Good for hot days.

Projection, sillage and longevity are medium.

Updated January 2014
4.0/10

Bad; Very Bad...
Bulgari Aqua opens with a blast of artificial smelling orange with tons and tons of calone immediately peeping through early. The aquatic calone chemical remains into the heart of the scent now the star, with the initial orange remaining in support joined by woody cedar rising from the base that grows as time passes and the calone recedes during the dry-down with the scent staying relatively linear from there on out. Projection is excellent and longevity is average, lasting 6-8 hours on skin.

I can't say I am a big fan of calone-laced aquatics, and Aqua pour Homme is no exception. It is highly synthetic smelling, and in this case that is in a very bad way. Unfortunately Aqua is just another "me too" generic aquatic offering from Bulgari that is bested by many others in the genre that are much more pleasant smelling (and many for less money to boot). I recommend seeking others in the genre if you want this kind of scent, with excellent options being vintage Cool Water, Bellagio for Men or New West for Him among many others. The relatively poor smelling Aqua pour Homme gets 2 stars out of 5 and an avoid recommendation.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

A slightly darker aquatic
I am attempting to write this review without being biased. My boyfriend wears this on a daily basis, so it's become less of a perfume for me, and more the smell that reminds me of him.

I will begin by saying that when I first smelt Bvlgari Aqva, I was a little underwhelmed. I'm not a huge fan of anything aquatic, even though I do enjoy its freshness on a man's skin. However, in the case of Bvlgari Aqva, I began to fall in love with its salty sea water note and its rich, earthy patchouli which lingers underneath the juicy orange.

I'm actually not surprised to read that there are many women that wear this also. It's masculine, but not strictly so. I find it a fragrance along the lines of Cool Water, Acqua di Gio and CK One, but perhaps a touch spicier.

My boyfriend wears this all year round, which is sometimes strange because I think it suits Summer weather a hell of a lot better. He also owns Gucci's Envy for Men (a gift I gave him) and CK's Eternity for Women, however Bvlgari Aqva is what he chooses above anything else.

On any other man, this fragrance would not turn me on, but on my boyfriend's skin, the combination is extremely sexy. It gives off this clean, 'fresh out of the shower' type aura that I really adore.

Bvlgari Aqva is a touch woodsy in the drydown, sharp almost. The rich amber only re-instates its masculine qualities. In some ways I'd call this a fierce aquatic, there is nothing subdued or soothing about it.

The longevity is great, especially on my boyfriend's skin which tends to soak up a lot of scents. Bvlgari Aqva is right up there as one of my favourite fragrances for men.

Itchynose 29 days ago
Seawater, algae and a pleasant masculine blue marine vibe: the quintessential designer aquatic fragrance.+1
6.0
JoaoMartins 7 months ago
Chemical Chernobyl water... they should pay people to wear this stuff
2.0
Carlitos01 12 months ago
A fresh smoky aquatic fragrance, pleasant to wear despite its synthetic drive. After this SMOKE ON THE WATER will we have a FIRE IN THE SKY?+5
9.0

by Pharaoh
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Bvlgari

Aqva Amara by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Coral (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme Marine (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Extreme by Bvlgari Petits et Mamans by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bvlgari Omnia Green Jade by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bvlgari