Aqva pour Homme 2005Eau de Toilette

Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari
Bottle Design Studio Pi Design
Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2005. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Petitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesSantolina, Neptune grass
Base Notes Base NotesMineral amber, Clary sage

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.10.2020.

I love this scent;
But just like most of his flankers, the longevity leaves you longing for a little more. The oceanic feel that this one gives is second to none. A “deep sea” vibe that you either love or hate. It’s definitely not for everyone.

I personally love the way it feels... it gives the vibe of being out on the ocean, with a sort of cool, fresh feeling added to it. While the “Marine” flanker gives a “tropical island” vibe, this one actually has the feeling of being out on an oceanic cruise. You’re having a night on the water; gazing at the stars with the one you love. A fresh breeze coming off the dark blue ocean. You’re caressing each other, under a moonlit sky. The timelessness in that moment that leaves you remembering. That’s the way it hits me. You definitely feel the salt water vibes, and they’re quite intense.

It also feels great in the sunshine; I think I’m going to be using this one a lot on the brighter, sunnier days; it fits me to the degree of being a signature scent. I’ll use it at work. It IS that unique.

Sillage and projection are kind of weak, but only the Amara flanker really gives anything in that sense for this line. I’ll say this one gives a sillage bubble with a 2ft radius, and the scent goes for about 4-5 hours. I spray some on my shirt too, and that adds an hour or so performance. Try it before you buy it, but it’s definitely worth checking it out.
Deep freshness
I got Aqva pour Homme at the same time as a 10 ml tester of the marine version as a present for christmas. For a long time I had a trauma with aquatic scents. But when I smelled Aqva, I didn't think it was bad at all - it goes much deeper than the proverbial shower gel freshness.

It's more of an oceanic scent than a sea scent. You can smell the tangerine at first, but it is already wrapped in aquatic notes that almost swallow it. The scent is deep, with oceanic notes and notes of spray. Although it doesn't remind me of a sea at the beach, the notes give me a holiday feeling. For me, the fragrance is more like a view of the billowing sea at dinner. These deep aquatic notes, with the really only very slight saltiness, are otherwise very clean and hardly change on my skin until the end.

On my skin the scent is already loosely left for 5-6 hours. On clothes it lasts much longer. I also perceive it well again and again. And also in winter, when I miss the sea, I sometimes wear it and think of a coastal cafe, directly at the harbour.
Still water
Summery, complex, herbaceous, slightly spicy, tart and maritime scent.
By no means showery refreshing, not even sweet, rather relaxing, clarifying and masculine.
The scent is not a loud whisper, rather natural, quite pleasantly perceptible.
No stormy Atlantic, also rather not timely North Sea, more so Baltic Sea, perhaps the archipelago in Sweden. quieter waters, calm instead of tumultuous beach.
Ramin95
Not a bright, summery aquat!
There are these fresh aquatics that make you think directly of sun, beach, sea and palm trees. This is also the case for example with the flankers AQVA Marine and Amara.

But this one is different...
While Marine and Amara are perfect for hot days in high summer, POUR HOMME
more suitable for milder days in late spring (April/May), with pleasant temperatures up to a maximum of 25 C°
In hot summer weather this scent would be a little too heavy and dark for me.

I love to wear the AQVA Pour Homme at barbecues in the garden, walks in the park, and outdoor cafés.

Beautiful algae dark aquat!

I get seasick.
No, really. I'm on a large container ship in the middle of the Indian Ocean, leaning against the railing, it's midday in midsummer. We have only loaded watermelons. With the rough swell last night, some fruits have taken damage. Their juice is now dripping out of the hundreds of containers behind me and turns into a thick syrup in the sultry summer heat.

I look down the steel side of the ship and stare far below me into the passing ocean. Dark turquoise, cloudy and mysterious he looks at me. A crusty layer of salt, algae and all kinds of seaweed has formed on the edge of the ship. The musty-marbled scent of this mixture paired with the juicy melon-soaked sea breeze rises in my nose. The situation is somehow romantic, but also somehow oppressive.

Full of power the foamy waves travel along the ship and make it sway. My stomach is getting a little queasy. I probably shouldn't stay so far away from the edge of the ship. I want to go ashore again.
Aquat with character, Poseidon's EdT
Great aquatic scent!
Clean? Wrong! The aroma is algae, slightly herbaceous, tart, yet it exudes a deep, vibrant freshness. A fragrance with character. My fragrance for summer/autumn. I've been asked about it over and over again... 99% in a positive sense... Laugh..
Lost.
To the picture:

While I lie on the sofa and enjoy the day off, I watch the, somewhat older, series "Lost".

A plane crashes in the middle of the Pacific and there are astonishingly many survivors and the island holds one or two secrets (I hereby recommend this extremely crazy and often pointless series).

At the moment season 2 begins and some protagonists are standing desperately on the beach thinking about their future and their past.
Right at this moment the scent comes to my mind.
If you would capture the picture in this series as a scent, it would be this one!

Alone on a white beach, calm, the sound of the sea, in the background lots of greenery, palm trees and shrubs.

The scent:

... starts directly and igniting aquatically (as the name already indicates).
You can smell the sea from your nose.
After the opening something mineral, as well as something green is added - harmonizes really well!

Conclusion:

Amazing what such an aquat can do to you. But what you have to get along with is the famous shower gel note, which unfortunately is not missing here.
Usually not my case at all, but by the association of the sea, I can hide these.

Ideal for a warm summer day or evening. Theoretically but a fresh fragrance for anytime!
Also suitable as office fragrance.

Thanks for reading,
Funu

LicoriceRain
Probably the best of the Aqua line.
I think it was Dillards where I first smelled this back in 2005, and a song by the Carpenters was playing over the speakers. (Strange, the things you remember that others consider insignificant.) Now, every time I think about Bulgari Aqua, I think about that. At first sniff, it smells nice enough with that orange opening, but later becomes almost plastic-like (yes, I tried it on my skin). But still, despite that plastic, fishy smell, there's something about it I like. It seems sophisticated, and is certainly not pure fish like the Aqua MARINE flanker.

Aqua..tic
Linear: lots of calone over a cedar base.

Great for a designer scent. Good for hot days.

Projection, sillage and longevity are medium.

Updated January 2014

Bad; Very Bad...
Bulgari Aqua opens with a blast of artificial smelling orange with tons and tons of calone immediately peeping through early. The aquatic calone chemical remains into the heart of the scent now the star, with the initial orange remaining in support joined by woody cedar rising from the base that grows as time passes and the calone recedes during the dry-down with the scent staying relatively linear from there on out. Projection is excellent and longevity is average, lasting 6-8 hours on skin.

I can't say I am a big fan of calone-laced aquatics, and Aqua pour Homme is no exception. It is highly synthetic smelling, and in this case that is in a very bad way. Unfortunately Aqua is just another "me too" generic aquatic offering from Bulgari that is bested by many others in the genre that are much more pleasant smelling (and many for less money to boot). I recommend seeking others in the genre if you want this kind of scent, with excellent options being vintage Cool Water, Bellagio for Men or New West for Him among many others. The relatively poor smelling Aqua pour Homme gets 2 stars out of 5 and an avoid recommendation.

HajuvanaHajuvana 95 days ago
Most positively invigorating and enjoyable as the ocean breeze itself. Unfortunately it’s equally fugitive, as well.
ElysiumElysium 11 months ago
This is the very essence of the Italian coast. The great fragrance that is fresh enough for summer and bold enough for spring and fall.
ItchynoseItchynose 15 months ago
Seawater, algae and a pleasant masculine blue marine vibe: the quintessential designer aquatic fragrance.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 21 months ago
Chemical Chernobyl water... they should pay people to wear this stuff
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
A fresh smoky aquatic fragrance, pleasant to wear despite its synthetic drive. After this SMOKE ON THE WATER will we have a FIRE IN THE SKY?

by VanAllan
by Thecombad
by Martin660
by Martin660

Popular Bvlgari

Le Gemme - Nylaia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Tygar by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Calaluna by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Veridia by Bvlgari Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black Essence by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Black Orient by Bvlgari Splendida - Rose Rose by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Rubinia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Gyan by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ambero by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ashlemah by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black All Blacks Limited Edition by Bvlgari Splendida - Iris d'Or by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme Extrême by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari