Aqva pour Homme Marine 2008Eau de Toilette

Aqva pour Homme Marine (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari
Aqva pour Homme Marine (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2008. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeptune grass, Rosemary blossom
Base Notes Base NotesMineral amber, White cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 27.10.2020.

Demetera
The different aquatic summer vibe
Close your eyes. Imagine yourself on a beach, alone. The sun is shining, the sand is soft, the sea is stoking your feet, the wind is warm, the untouched nature is around you, and you just stay calm, relax, and enjoy it.

This fragrance gives you this vibe, and you can feel it perfetly and immidiately when you smell it.

The fragrance starts fresh, extremely cool and intense with heavy notes of aquatic freshness with grapefruit. After a few minutes you can smell the woods and some mint (?).

The Aqva Marine is a bit different from the standard aquatic fragrances, because the neptune grass. Its a bit more sharp, a bit less boring, a bit more masculine.

The performance is really tricky.
The longetivity is 8 hours - you cant smell it after 1-2 hour, but because you probably get the compliments too, its there, but after another 1-2 hours sometimes you can smell it again. The sillage is moderate, and its perfect for me. Not the Sauvage type “Wow, there is a guy somewhere wearing sauvage in this 5 floors high building”, and not the one with no sillage. If somebody can talk to you, probably smell it, but if you walk in a corridor, noone gonna smell it after you walked away from there, so its useable in the office.

Sadly, there is a downside too: there is something allergetic thing in the mix, so before a blind-buy, make sure in a store, its okay for you.

Overall its a really good one (I prefer it over the Amara, Atlantique or the original one), but its a summer fragrance, so sadly its not an all season one.
Tooldiver to suit
Aqva pour Homme Marine by Bvlgari embodies for me a classic Tooldiver (Sinn U1 in my case) on the wrist. I'm not an apnoea diver and still like to wear this masculine diving watch on my wrist. And this is the same with Aqva pour Homme Marine. With this fragrance I can literally feel the salt water on my skin, but without standing with my feet in the sea. I have the feeling that I have to free the watch from a fine brine, as if I had just been under water for several hours.

Aqva pour Homme Marine starts fresh, extremely cool and intense on my skin. These initially heavy notes of aquatic freshness hide fine tones of grapefruit. After a few minutes the proportion of woods increases and combines with a hint of mint.

The shelf life is perfectly acceptable for such a fresh fragrance. Spray 3 times, I get about 5-6 hours a day. Here the comparison to my Sinn U1 comes up again. This is a rustic toolwatch, which for me personally does not have to run in the chronometer range (with + 4-5s/d it is, but that doesn't matter). This watch must be able to do one thing above all. Water and shocks. That is its purpose. If I want filigree precision paired with breathtaking engineering, then I wear my Grand Seiko with Spring Drive movement.

Aqva pour Homme Marine as a fragrance knows exactly what it wants to be. No more and no less. A fresh, aquatic perfume that conjures up the feeling of seawater on your skin. And this feeling the fragrance gives me every time

ScentSlave
The scent in this one is fantastic;
But the sillage is VERY soft, and longevity suffers as a result of that. It opens with a very bright, very clean feel; you can sense the grapefruit as it protrudes ever so slightly. Then the Neptune grass slowly makes his appearance; creeping out as some of the citrus fades away. I like the vibe it gives, but it’s very difficult to describe the way it smells. I’ll “try”.

Imagine being on a tropical island in the pacific, on a very bright and sunny day. Very little wind is blowing... you’re barely even getting the slightest of a breeze. You’re at the boat harbor, waiting to go on a nice, long cruise, and you decide to get closer to the water. You go all the way to the harbor’s edge, ON to the water, to appreciate how it’s just SO crisp and glassy. It’s mesmerizing you; it’s almost glowing. Such a gorgeous, vivid, deep, and dark teal color. Just then, it comes out of nowhere. BAM!! Wooosh!! You’re suddenly blindsided and SPLASHED by a jet ski spray. You look back and see that it’s a young alpha showing his skiing prowess off to some young females smiling back at him on the dock.

Imagine the scent that you’d be feeling at that moment. Some of the fresh and clean, teal colored water of the Pacific Ocean (not the darker or lighter blue variety it offers). That’s where this one took me. “Oceanic” indeed. But it’s going BEYOND the term “salt water”... I’d say it FEELS like it has a tropical water fingerprint... and it’s from the pacific.

As it slowly dries down, you can definitely still “feel” the grapefruit; it’s softer, lightly glowing in the background, but it remains, adding a very “familiar feeling” touch. I like it a LOT. I just wish it had a little more in sillage and projection. A great addition to my collection. I’ll be wearing it during the hotter days that remain.

Blue Peace is Calling You
I know how the smell of the sea is because I grew up at the coastal city...Calming sea odor... I generally go to the seaside and feel the smell of the sea when I want to make myself happy. Because the smell of the sea is one of the scents that give me peace.
Especially I know the smell of Black Sea. It is so vixenish and charming. When the wave hits the shore, it brings us that beautiful fresh sea scent. This smell is the same smell.

It is an aquatic smell. Aquatic notes are very dominant and fresh. You also feel Neptune grass . But don't be afraid. Not dirty moss. It's clean and nice Neptune grass :) This is a blue calling for peace. Smell quality is definitely above average.

I like it since the first time I smelled it. When I smelled this smell for the first time, I was with my darling. Because this fragrance is a gift my darling gave me.I always like this odor.

Definitely a fragrance suitable for 4 seasons but especially for hot weather . Also a fragrance for holidays and suitable for daily use.

Especially in my clothes more permanent than on my skin. Even my clothes smell like clean sea ...a sea from peace.

Dimitar
Timeless all year around fragrance
I have had an interesting relationship with this fragrance. It was a love at first sniff when I first tried it a few years back and I purchased it immediately. I got bored with it pretty quickly though and left it behind for quite some time. One winter day the bottle caught my attention and I decided to give it another go. I must say even though by default this is a summer fragrance exclusively, it felt better than ever. I would say Aqva Marine is a all year round signature worthy fragrance which smells contemporary and different from most currently modern frags. I fell in love with it all over again during winter and have been using it for the whole season with great enjoyment. My girlfriend adores it as well and I regularly get compliments with it. The scent has an easy going holiday-ish vibe and is perfect for casual wear. I should mention that all 'Aqva' line have terrible quality bottles. The inscription on both my 'Marine' and 'Amara' have been erased and the plastic around the sprayers have peeled off a bit. Unfortunately, for me, this compromises the whole feeling of wearing and using something luxurious.

Projection is very good and longevity is amazing on me regardless of the season. It easily lasts a whole day leaving a very noticeable silage around me for a few hours. For the price point I easily give this a perfect 10/10 and would be sad if this ever went out of my collection.

As for the scent though this is a masterpiece in its simplicity.
Beast
Thought amara was a beast without a joke. The amara is really a great smell a little bitter but I like it. This one; aqva marine is really the best of the aqva range. It just smells like summery beach and sea. In short, just salty and seaworthy. I would prefer marine more than versace eau fraiche. Just the hammer
The durability is enormous on my skin keeps the scent 10/12 hours I can only put you to the heart to test the scent and imagine that you are on the beach enjoying the sun I can already imagine that the smell will be very hyped in a few years. Marine's too underrated I'd say Just power.
4.5
Fresh21
Warning of the... Neptune grass!
How did a Parfuma once answer my blog? "If you find a scent to puke in and want to make it known... please be honest and direct. You think he smells like dog shit? Then say it! Write it in the commi or leave it!"

Well then:

Maybe with this Flanker I haven't picked out the right candidate to "puke on" yet, and he really doesn't smell like shit ;-) And anyway, how can you want something bad for a fragrance currently rated 7.0? It's simple: it's all a matter of taste. And this Italian has far too much of a taste for my taste on board:

Neptune grass !

But before someone suffers from a loss of taste, we first hear Wikipedia for clarification: "Gschmäckle is the Swabian trivialization of taste, identical with the High German word, but with the special meaning of a strange, suspicious, unheard of taste or smell" Hah! That fits like a fist on the eye! Because "strange, ... not belonging ... smell" can't describe it better. I told you,

Neptune grass!

If it was human, I'd ask it, "Man, what's the matter, what's wrong with you?" And ask it afterwards "You can meet me in the moonlight" (or even better, that of Neptune). Because I find this main note of the otherwise fine perfume more than irritating. Unfortunately, this "fine" is to be taken literally, here in the sense of "small". For except
Neptune grass!
this Bvlgari doesn't have much to offer. See my note on this, which now becomes 1:1 as desired "honest and direct" the essential part of my commission:

0,5 hours Neptune grass with 70% lemon
--> hmmm, prima fresh

4,0 hours Neptune grass with 10% bloom
--> hard at the limit of the unbearable

1,0 hours Neptune grass with 30% Amber
--> lovely, sweet, so far o.k.

What? "Tough on the edge of the unbearable"? Maybe the community should ask me "Man, what's the matter, what's wrong with you?" and shoot at the moon right afterwards? However, I would be quite up for it ...

To make a long story short:

I think you have to be a real seaweed fan to like this aquatic. But that seems to be a few with 135 users at the moment. Unfortunately I can't quite describe how it smells now, this

Neptune grass !

but I'd still like to give you a little warning: Even if the bottle is very chic, the light blue elixir may go very well with a light, citric-fresh aquatic and it does not contain any brackish water: Bvlgaris Aqva pour Homme Marine is by no means a candidate for blind purchase. So I can only advise you to test this scent before you strike. For I even had another effect whenever I got it in front of the piston, for which I would like to quote the oldest Kommi here on Parfumo:

"I'm a little choked in the throat" ... and actually I'm reacting to this

Neptune grass !

sensitive, namely in the stomach area. No kidding! (is this simply the synthetic of this juice?) So I quote Apicius once again, who alternatively recommends the "much better Clinique Happy for Men" and says "Whoever absolutely wants to test this fragrance (Aqva Marine), I recommend a reach into the neighboring shelf of the ... Clinique Happy for Men. There are worlds in between". Right, the HAPPY is from Earth, the MARINE from Neptune. Only in one thing do I agree with him only conditionally "I cannot identify woods, especially the cedar wood indicated in the pyramid". Because the white cedar can be sniffed - at least to some extent -, the question is only when ... Because it remains after 3-4 days as a bright sweet component on a test strip or even on clothes, when the peculiar main fragrance of the fragrance (finally) has completely evaporated. You know, that

Neptune grass !

Conclusion: I think that the fragrance is unusual at best, may be interesting somehow, but I think buying this attribute with the all-dominant seaweed is the wrong concept. I just don't like him like that, but obviously it's this keynote that makes him so attractive to so many. Well, who likes it ...

I at least have done my duty here, even if the smell doesn't smell like shit, to kick off a tear, or in other words a

Warning of the ... Neptune grass !
Fresh and easy going
I'm really not a fan of aquatics and find most fragrances of this kind rather bad than right. This Bvlgari is all right, though.

Freshly algig it goes from the outset right to the point. I can also perceive floral tones very well. The citrus chords, however, I can see zero, which is not very bad here either.

In the course of time it loses a little of its floral notes and becomes very alginous. What I find so interesting about this Bvlgari is the light muff that oceans somehow have. Not unpleasant at all, but still somehow present.

Certainly not a bad choice at the highest temperatures. During the day actually wearable for any occasion and never really inappropriate. I find the bottles of the series very original and actually quite nice.

Unfortunately aquatics are simply not mine, which is why I cannot give it a higher rating

hate it
worst fragrance in my collection , i wish i could find a way to sell it or exchange it with something else

the beach
it is a soft and lovely fragrance.
i feel that i am at the beach and i feel the water and fresh air and blue sky
i like it more than the original aqva bvlgari
i will buy it again

DemeteraDemetera 29 days ago
Neptune grass freshness. If you feel d&g light blue and citric freshness are boring, this is the one for you. sillage: moderate
ElysiumElysium 11 months ago
The smell is subjective, but not to fall in love with this is difficult. It is one of the most oceanic, well blend and truly relaxing scent.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
A perfectly acceptable fresh scent with Neptune Grass, a floral marine plant, not an algae. A common scent in Mediterranean shores. Try it!
Omid2amOmid2am 5 years ago
beyond the sea ............

by Stardust
by 123321
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Bvlgari

Le Gemme - Nylaia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Tygar by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Veridia by Bvlgari Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Calaluna by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Black Orient by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black Essence by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ambero by Bvlgari Splendida - Rose Rose by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Rubinia by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ashlemah by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black All Blacks Limited Edition by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme Extrême by Bvlgari Splendida - Iris d'Or by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Splendida - Tubereuse Mystique by Bvlgari