Aqva pour Homme Marine (2008) Eau de Toilette

Aqva pour Homme Marine (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari

Aqva pour Homme Marine (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2008. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeptune grass, Rosemary blossom
Base Notes Base NotesMineral amber, White cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.04.2019

9.0 6.0 8.0 4.5/10

Fresh21
Warning of the... Neptune grass!
How did a Parfuma once answer my blog? "If you find a scent to puke in and want to make it known... please be honest and direct. You think he smells like dog shit? Then say it! Write it in the commi or leave it!"

Well then:

Maybe with this Flanker I haven't picked out the right candidate to "puke on" yet, and he really doesn't smell like shit ;-) And anyway, how can you want something bad for a fragrance currently rated 7.0? It's simple: it's all a matter of taste. And this Italian has far too much of a taste for my taste on board:

Neptune grass !

But before someone suffers from a loss of taste, we first hear Wikipedia for clarification: "Gschmäckle is the Swabian trivialization of taste, identical with the High German word, but with the special meaning of a strange, suspicious, unheard of taste or smell" Hah! That fits like a fist on the eye! Because "strange, ... not belonging ... smell" can't describe it better. I told you,

Neptune grass!

If it was human, I'd ask it, "Man, what's the matter, what's wrong with you?" And ask it afterwards "You can meet me in the moonlight" (or even better, that of Neptune). Because I find this main note of the otherwise fine perfume more than irritating. Unfortunately, this "fine" is to be taken literally, here in the sense of "small". For except
Neptune grass!
this Bvlgari doesn't have much to offer. See my note on this, which now becomes 1:1 as desired "honest and direct" the essential part of my commission:

0,5 hours Neptune grass with 70% lemon
--> hmmm, prima fresh

4,0 hours Neptune grass with 10% bloom
--> hard at the limit of the unbearable

1,0 hours Neptune grass with 30% Amber
--> lovely, sweet, so far o.k.

What? "Tough on the edge of the unbearable"? Maybe the community should ask me "Man, what's the matter, what's wrong with you?" and shoot at the moon right afterwards? However, I would be quite up for it ...

To make a long story short:

I think you have to be a real seaweed fan to like this aquatic. But that seems to be a few with 135 users at the moment. Unfortunately I can't quite describe how it smells now, this

Neptune grass !

but I'd still like to give you a little warning: Even if the bottle is very chic, the light blue elixir may go very well with a light, citric-fresh aquatic and it does not contain any brackish water: Bvlgaris Aqva pour Homme Marine is by no means a candidate for blind purchase. So I can only advise you to test this scent before you strike. For I even had another effect whenever I got it in front of the piston, for which I would like to quote the oldest Kommi here on Parfumo:

"I'm a little choked in the throat" ... and actually I'm reacting to this

Neptune grass !

sensitive, namely in the stomach area. No kidding! (is this simply the synthetic of this juice?) So I quote Apicius once again, who alternatively recommends the "much better Clinique Happy for Men" and says "Whoever absolutely wants to test this fragrance (Aqva Marine), I recommend a reach into the neighboring shelf of the ... Clinique Happy for Men. There are worlds in between". Right, the HAPPY is from Earth, the MARINE from Neptune. Only in one thing do I agree with him only conditionally "I cannot identify woods, especially the cedar wood indicated in the pyramid". Because the white cedar can be sniffed - at least to some extent -, the question is only when ... Because it remains after 3-4 days as a bright sweet component on a test strip or even on clothes, when the peculiar main fragrance of the fragrance (finally) has completely evaporated. You know, that

Neptune grass !

Conclusion: I think that the fragrance is unusual at best, may be interesting somehow, but I think buying this attribute with the all-dominant seaweed is the wrong concept. I just don't like him like that, but obviously it's this keynote that makes him so attractive to so many. Well, who likes it ...

I at least have done my duty here, even if the smell doesn't smell like shit, to kick off a tear, or in other words a

Warning of the ... Neptune grass !
8.0 6.0 6.0 7.0/10

Fresh and easy going
I'm really not a fan of aquatics and find most fragrances of this kind rather bad than right. This Bvlgari is all right, though.

Freshly algig it goes from the outset right to the point. I can also perceive floral tones very well. The citrus chords, however, I can see zero, which is not very bad here either.

In the course of time it loses a little of its floral notes and becomes very alginous. What I find so interesting about this Bvlgari is the light muff that oceans somehow have. Not unpleasant at all, but still somehow present.

Certainly not a bad choice at the highest temperatures. During the day actually wearable for any occasion and never really inappropriate. I find the bottles of the series very original and actually quite nice.

Unfortunately aquatics are simply not mine, which is why I cannot give it a higher rating
7.5 7.5 7.5 2.0/10

hate it
worst fragrance in my collection , i wish i could find a way to sell it or exchange it with something else
10.0 5.0 5.0 9.0/10

the beach
it is a soft and lovely fragrance.
i feel that i am at the beach and i feel the water and fresh air and blue sky
i like it more than the original aqva bvlgari
i will buy it again
5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Salty seawater
To be completely honest, I don't see the point of this flanker. I really like Aqva pour Homme, and I know it well seeing that an ex wore it as his signature. It's one masculine aquatic that I found more than pleasant on a man's skin, but I can't say the same for Aqva pour Homme Marine.

This flanker is quite sharp and chemical on the skin. It's an aquatic through and through, so in some ways it does evoke that 'marine' sensation. Aquatics are really popular during Summer, but they've never been a hit with me. Unfortunately, Aqva pour Homme Marine has failed to captivate me. It's just a mixture of seawater and citrus to my nose.

Aqva pour Homme Marine may not be my cup of tea, but I do admire its freshness. The opening was not unlike Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren, with a similar cucumber crispness and a bright, sparkling grapefruit accord. Seeing that this fragrance projects quite strongly, anyone that wishes to experience a lighter version, should definitely test Aqva pour Homme Marine in the aftershave, which I personally find much smoother and less bold.

The salty accord will either delight you or repulse you, as this flanker really does encompass the scent of the ocean, complete with a sea breeze. I like men that smell mysterious, but for something more straight-forward, Aqva pour Homme Marine does cater to that relaxed, dreamy atmosphere.

The longevity and sillage are fantastic. I am even quite pleased with this flanker having enough character to set itself apart from the original Aqva pour Homme. I wouldn't dislike the scent of Aqva pour Homme Marine on a man, but I can't say I would find myself in any way drawn to it. But then again, each to their own.
7.5 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Salty
This is a good take on aquatics, despite i prefer the original version.

This one is a great option for summer, with good lasting power and average projection.

The citric notes in the opening are more pronounced than on the original Aqvua and it's more fresh in the drydown.

Very salty indeed. Subtle yet present.

Updated January 2014

by Omid2am
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Bvlgari

Aqva Amara by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Coral (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme Marine (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Extreme by Bvlgari Petits et Mamans by Bvlgari Omnia Green Jade by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bvlgari