Blv Notte pour Homme 2004

Blv Notte pour Homme by Bvlgari
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
Blv Notte pour Homme is a perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2004. The scent is woody-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesGalangal, Tobacco flower
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpices, Ginger
Base Notes Base NotesDark chocolate, Woody notes

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.09.2020.

Morpheus1
The spicy Italian with a preference for chocolate
Due to the lack of comments on this fragrance, I dare to first.

It is an offshoot of the normal Blv pour Homme.

I had the opportunity to test the Blv pour Homme in Italy so that I could compare the two scents.
Both variants have already been discontinued, but the normal Blv pour Homme can be bought in almost every perfumery in Italy, which surprised me a bit. I didn't see the Notte, as so often with flankers or spin-offs of classics that disappear rather quickly, the Notte is now hard to find.

Now to the scents themselves:

The normal Blv pour Homme is a clean man, fresh-spicy almost soapy, like freshly washed laundry or hands. It is very light, even after 5 sprays a weak Sillage and only close to the body perceptible. That's why I didn't buy it, because I like the Notte better.

The Blv Notte pour Homme has almost the same fragrances, but differs significantly in its dark chocolate. The spices and ginger are present as a heart note throughout. The chocolaty sweetness makes the fragrance unique in combination with ginger and spices. That's what turns out the scent. I don't know any smell like it. The cleanliness of the fragrance cannot be denied here either, a fresh wash breeze note is always noticeable in the background. According to Pyramide, woods are also available, but chocolate does not let them come to the fore, I don't notice them either.
Although the Sillage is discreet, it gives off the scents in batches and is stronger than the Blv pour Homme.

3-4 hours in the evening to go out it is a very tasty, almost seductive scent for the (not only Italian) cultivated gentleman, who likes discreet sweet scents but also attaches importance to cleanliness.
The whole day e.g. at work he becomes too much at some point.

In summary a very good, fresh-sweet-chocolaty-spice scent, which you don't smell at every corner and which is already rare.

Aseptyc gourmand
Blu Notte by Bulgari is a barely-to-fairly pleasant and quite distinctive fragrance playing some interesting, albeit not entirely compelling gourmand-barbershop chords in a less common way than usual (didn’t say “better”). It may be considered a “chocolate-lavender” fragrance, as those are for me the main notes composing the recognizable bone-structure of the scent, so we’re in Rochas Man and similar masculine gourmands kind of league; not saying Blu Notte is similar to Rochas though, as besides the absence of coffee, it is massively more synthetic, more spicy-woody (cedar and cardamom are surely there) and with a more decided office-safe “laundry” feel of lavender and musk. Also less sweet and gourmand than Rochas or similar fragrances, and showing some fresher-greener head notes to balance the sweet spicy-woodiness. But as I said, the “concept” seems similar – pairing “office-barbershop” notes (lavender, woods, citrus) with some younger, “urban” Oriental-gourmand stuff (from cardamom to chocolate here).

A bright, warm, polished type of spicy choco-lavender fragrance... With an elephantine flaw, though: an unbearably bold feel of aseptic, synthetic soapy-powdery “cleanliness” which reminds me of some of the cheapest Versace on the market, and other 1990s/early-2000s fragrances heavy on “laundry-powdery” aromachemicals – musk, lavender, sweet soapy stuff. This has the same feel, a nondescript smell of, well, pure “synthetic soapiness” which I can’t really cope with. It’s everywhere, wrapping the notes like that white ice cream of that great horror B-movie from the 1980’s – “The Stuff”. Which is sad because aside from this, some notes smell nice. So shortly I quite enjoy the concept personally, as I have a penchant for adult masculine gourmands; but sadly the execution for me is just barely decent and a bit too cheap to be compelling enough (and worthy the discontinued prices).

5,5-6/10

Nostalgia Invoking
For me this scent will always have a place within my heart. I do not know why but it always invokes nostalgia of when I was young and I saw a train for the first time at a train station. This seems bizarre as this scent was released 15 years later than that event in time. There may have been someone with a similar scent, or just that I associate this smell with a train station (but in a good way). Nevertheless, BLV Notte Pour Homme is a darker, more superior version of the original, apart from the longevity and sillage are a bit lacking. It is versatile and smooth. 7/10 but only for the disappointing sillage.

Bvlgari BLV Notte pour Homme
I did not like this cologne at all. I wanted to like it and even tried to like it but in the end I had to give it away to someone in the hopes that they wouldn't dislike it as much as I did. For me, it was too strong and overpowering of a scent. Overtly masculine as well which is not my thing. I like scents that tend to be a little more light and fresh. When I wore this cologne it gave me a headache and made me feel nauseated. This is just too pungent. I definitely wouldn't wear this again. Not my kind of fragrance at all!

SejanoSejano 3 months ago
Same Blv ADN with chocolate. Perfect for autum nights. Sensual and mature scent.

by Snaut
by CountZero
by Pharaoh
by Pharaoh

Popular Bvlgari

Le Gemme - Nylaia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Tygar by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Veridia by Bvlgari Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Calaluna by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Black Orient by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black Essence by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ambero by Bvlgari Splendida - Rose Rose by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Rubinia by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ashlemah by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black All Blacks Limited Edition by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme Extrême by Bvlgari Splendida - Iris d'Or by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Splendida - Tubereuse Mystique by Bvlgari