Bvlgari Man (2010) Eau de Toilette

Bvlgari Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari

Bvlgari Man (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2010. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Violet leaf, Lotus, White pear
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhite wood, Amber, Sandalwood, Cashmere wood, Vetiver, Cypriol
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Frankincense, Tonka bean, White honey, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 11.10.2019

Strandpirat
Note: Never leave the beach day exhausted and peeled on slightly alcoholic to buy an Edt ....
...hm where and how do I start?
So basically, bulgari men's fragrances polarize very strongly, as you can read in the various comments about them.
The "older" men fragrances definitely have a unique selling point and recognition effect - whether positive or negative - which I leave open diplomatically. :-)
Personally, I really like the older bulgari fragrances and they look good to me. They are definitely not everybody's darling, and not everyone can wear them, which I find good but

Well, now to "man." It was summer..........., I was drained of sun, beach and sea AND JAAAA! Slightly alcoholic "peeled" from the after beach party in the beach bar. On the way back to the hotel " och ja we go to the fragrance shop and let ourselves be sprinkled".
The employees are of course top trained and recognize immediately, if you are in a buying mood AND on top of that lightly tampered with, then the Maggi spice as top men fragrance on :-)))
(Or at least try)
Before I knew it, I felt surrounded by scent stripes and sample sprayers on every imaginable part of my body that can be "raped" for it. Sometime in the conversation I mentioned that I like bulgari quite well, probably rather out of desperation to get rid of the salesgirl for a few minutes and to be able to move unhindered
At some point I had two or three bulgari fragrances on stripes and poor, but I no longer knew which one was where. I liked one of them quite well but in retrospect it wasn't "man" so classically sold.
In my opinion, the fragrance is quite pleasing, but it tries to combine the individuality of bulgari on the one hand with the "everybodies darling" quality of a mainstream fragrance, and it doesn't really succeed. Also the durability is not as I know it from bulgari.
Too bad!

5.0/10

bulgari man
this a sort of very watered and superlight terre d'hermes ,spicy and musky i don't detect any honey or lotus ,this should b a perfect office perfume ,in my humble opinion projection and longevity below average
5/10
5.0 8.0/10

Puristic Liveliness
Bvlgari Man when released was advertised for the middle-aged gentlemen. Brilliant white and piano laquer black were the colours, with plain polished metal applications and a grey-haired guy in a casual outfit. The message seems clear – Bvlgari Man claims to be straightforward, with a simple look and feel, but nevertheless noble and stylish and without any chi-chi. We must not expect anything too opulent or oriental. This is about a certain style, a cultural identity is to be sold along with the perfume. Presumably these simple messages work out – at least I felt attracted by the simple elegance of it.

Nevertheless, I hope that this presentation does not affect my evaluation too much, because it is positive. For a few years now, and especially for the colder seasons, a certain kind of gent's perfumes have been released which I would like to call puristic: Wonderwood, Bang, Michalski and others. Bvlgari Man follows this path as well – no citruses, few notes, and not a lot of development.

Bvlgari Man is all about tart and bitter woodiness. There is something lean and spicy-herbal like fennel, juniper or gentian in the top, but then comes the very bitter woodiness. Woodiness and herbal or spicy aspects interchange a little. During drydown, you might realise that there is something more to it as well. I guess it is a basically musky blend of something that adds some warmth to the bitter woods, as well as volume. This is what makes Bvlgari Man an after all balanced fragrance, despite the focus on bitter and dry woods. It makes this fragrance attractive and a little sexy. I dare say it saves this fragrance from being just boring. Although it is marketed as Eau de Toilette, Bvlgari Man has a considerable longevity of 12 hours and more. The longer you wear it, the more attractive it gets as the warmer aspects of it come into view.

Bvlgari is not really my favourite brand. One can blame them of some of the sins that are so widespread in mainstream perfumery. Having tested most of their line-up I would value Bvlgari Man as their currently best gent's cologne. Bvlgari Man is availabe in different sizes, even 30 ml. This will do if you are just looking for one reference of this rather new, puristic style in gent's perfumery. Otherwise, Bvlgari Man is recommendable as an every day or office wear which keeps modestly in the background, but adds a little bit of attraction to the wearer.
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Helpful Review
Clean and inoffensive
Bvlgari Man is pleasantly light and airy, a slightly more conservative and clean release from the house of Bvlgari.

This fragrance is suitable for pretty much everyone. Because of its simplicity however, I can see many people getting bored by it. It doesn't tend to develop much past a clean and musky woods scent, and in some ways it smells like many other fragrances on the market today.

I find Bvlgari Man quite watery at times and a tad too simple, however it's one fragrance I can safely say won't offend anyone with its presence. For my own personal wear I don't find it all too feminine and in some ways it can be too discreet.

On a rather warm day, I do believe this fragrance could be quite refreshing, yet I think it could work well in any season. When I tested this fragrance out on a male friend of mine I was quite surprised by how clean and natural this fragrance was on him, which was a relief seeming that his skin often turns a fragrance bitter and strong.

Overall a likable fragrance, while although playing it safe, is worthy of a purchase for those that aren't into anything too bold.

Make no mistake
My dad had accidentally bought this for himself when i recommended him Bvlgari black. He wasn’t disappointed, and neither was i when i smelled this.

It doesn’t try to make you smell more like a man, it more or less assists the smell you’re already naturally born with. This scent will smell different on every person that wears it, guaranteed. I believe that’s what Bvlgari was going to with this fragrance.

Clear and sheer, Bvlgari man is definitely one of the better, more original releases from any designer house as of late. It begins very clean with a soft accord of lotus blossom and violet leaves. Violet leaves are a gamble for me, sometimes they smell very dirty and now that i think of it, liken to patchouli in some ways and other times they can assist in a proper “crispness” without the addition of “calone”.

The lotus blossom is very “white floral-y” if you catch my drift (powdery dewy), but something that this flower has over other white flowers is that it sniffs out sort of velvety, smooth and a hint green. In the heart of the scent i smell a VERY strong vetiver. Not the same vetiver you’ll find in a Guerlain with the same name.

This vetiver is very earthy and soft accented by sandalwoods which only further the notion of “earth”. Finally in the base of this wonderful perfume we find honey, white musks, cashmere woods, amber and benzoin crystals. When i first saw the base of this scent i just KNEW i had to have it and by GOD is it good.

The white musks work together with honey to sort of assist in the sillage and aromatic properties of the base. Smooth cashmere woods paired with amber and benzoin crystals finish up the fragrance with a clap/eyebrows up, as yo suggest “Well, that’s it. What do you think?”

by Andreas09
by Superheroez
by Pars2002
by Pars2002

Popular Bvlgari

Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Coral (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme Marine (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Petits et Mamans by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Extreme by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bvlgari Omnia Green Jade by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bvlgari