Bvlgari Man In Black 2014

Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari
Bvlgari Man In Black is a popular perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2014. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesTobacco, Rum
Heart Notes Heart NotesTuberose, Orris absolute, Leather
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Tonka bean, Gaiac wood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 30.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is French model Patrick Petitjean.

Flair
The man in black radiates maturity - and is into pipe tobacco.
Man in Black ended up on my autumn/winter watch list after one of my numerous forays into this wonderful community. On the same day, I dug out a handful of specimens at home that I had not yet decided on - et voilá: the gentleman in black from Bulgari was there with me!
Pffft - I am thrilled! The first impression reminds me strongly of Herod! Wow! Clearly the tobacco in the top note is responsible for this. One in Black's tobacco is dry sweetish. Caressed by a warm coat of powder. The powdery note is by no means too present. Like a thin cashmere cardigan. In this cardigan I sit on a veranda of wooden panels and sip a liqueur. Something soft, not 40% rum, you can hardly taste the alcohol. My father sits next to me and smokes a pipe, the smell of tobacco wafts over to me from time to time - I sniff it out.

Man in Black is an incredibly pleasant fragrance that creates a warm atmosphere. It can be worn on an evening with friends as well as in the office, if you want to be a pleasant contact person. An innovative marketing genius in his early 20s may want to look for a more bubbly scent. One in Black suits the sedate man who radiates prudence and maturity - this can also be the case at 30. A fragrance I will always be happy to return to!
Target group 30+
The smell is often associated with Spicebomb, which is basically understandable.
However, since I own both Spicebomb and MiB, I can confidently assure you that although both go in a very spicy direction, they are very different.

While Spicebomb is quite - in a positive sense - aggressive, I would call MiB very warm. Spicebomb can also be recommended to a younger audience, while MiB is more for the gentlemen with slightly grey hair because of its boozie note.
The best of BVLGARI
Bvlgari Man in Black is definitely the best Bvlgari has to offer. Since one year I wear it now regularly 1-2 times a week, to actually each cause or season (not with 30°). The scent itself is really nice and spicy-masculine but not too exaggerated.
After I quickly emptied the 30ml bottle, I had to buy the 100ml bottle, which is really great in the collection. Unfortunately the sprayer of the 30ml bottle was not so great after a while, even the tester at Douglas had problems with the spray head. But with the 100ml bottle this is no problem anymore. What I find negative is that I can't see the fill level of the bottle
I find the durability and silage really outstanding for a quite "cheap" fragrance. As long as Bvlgari doesn't discontinue the fragrance, I will buy it again and again

Boozie Tonka.
At the airport of Turin I snooped through the duty free shop again and discovered two new fragrances. Dior Homme Intense and this treasure, Bulgari Man in Black.

With this fragrance you get a warm, sweet but still definitely masculine scent that is truly unique. This scent is practically the slightly playful turtleneck sweater under a suit. I also see it more with 20-40 year olds than with really young or sedate people.

The tonka bean, paired with the iris, is the first thing you notice besides the slightly alcoholic note of rum. I'm not a big fan of alcoholic smelling scents, but as this one has that certain sweetness, exactly that is defused and brought to a really pleasant level.

The bottle is made of 60% matte black-coated glass and 40% black plastic, so you can't tell how much is left in the bottle. In itself it looks good and doesn't attract scratches, although I like to take it to work unprotected in my pocket. Even though the upper part is made of plastic, the spray head works really well and even the turning mechanism hasn't given up the ghost after turning it up and down several times
Beautiful perfume for the evening hours in the transition months or a cold summer night

Smellavision
Just a lovely drydown....
I'm not a fan of very peppery scents and I really dislike iris, so this meeting was somehow already predestined to go wrong. What I get is sweet tea, spices, tonka and - the dreaded iris combined with tuberose.Fortunately the iris is not as powdery as in say, Dior Homme. I even get some similarities to Prada Luna Rossa Extreme or Midnight In Paris but with the iris cranked up quite a bit. I don't get any rum or cinnamon and hardly much leather though.

The drydown after the iris and tuberose is gone is just lovely and smooth, but unfortunately just a skin scent - this is where the benzoin and tonka beans shine.

Longevity was also rather disappointing, approximately 3 hours, very weak for a EdP.

Carslk76
Ridiculous performance in a good scent
I only can say that this fragrance has a ridiculous performance with a good scent.We can talk about the notes,the perfumer,ohhh,"Alberto Morillas"...Hahha. but the reality is this fragrance has a very bad performance and the price is high for what it offers.I recommend do not buy it and choose others fragrances in the same vibe like spicebomb and the flanker, extreme.
It's in my top 10
Bvlragi man in black is for me one of my favorite fragrances, my hairdresser has bought the after me, an employee of a kebab shop also asked for the name of the perfume and has also bought, have it smelled where next time again there was food, many many and different age groups men asked how that is called that they get it. Unfortunately, but not so strong durability but no matter the smells good otherwise you spray every 4 hours again
Here comes the Man in Black
Bvlgari Black Orient I love. And what about Man in Black? A mMn very good smell. This one also convinces me It has a very pleasant scent of wood, leather and tobacco. A lighter rum note is added. Very interesting combination.
Overall, the Man in Black also makes a very high-quality impression.
It stops with me for about 8 hours. Not bad. A fragrance for the colder season for young and young-at-heart men.

With kind regards

ScentSlave
This Man in Black is definitely smooth...
Such a “darkness” he gives with his spicy vibe... I definitely see a similarity to Spicebomb, just a little less sharp with the cinnamon.

You definitely cannot be afraid to be zeroed in on if you sport this; it definitely says “I AM HERE”, so if you’re not looking for attention, this isn’t the one to grab. It’s not that it’s overly loud, it’s just VERY MUCH THERE. Hard to explain, but it stands out without being too aggressive.

I like how I get random whiffs throughout the day, even when I think it’s faded. It’ll do that to you; a little “hey, I’m still here” reminder.

If you don’t like spicy scents like Spicebomb or One Million Privé, you won’t like this. Nor will you like it if you just love Spicebomb and are absolutely loyal; because honestly the similarities are DEFINITELY here.

It’s a fantastic scent, well worth the purchase, but don’t go blind buying, because this one is a character indeed.

MiB - Me in a Bottle
No other fragrance I can remember can be an extent of myself so perfectly as this one.

This little guy has the power of a horse and the softness of a silk clothing when dries down to a skin scent after a minimum of 8h of great performance.

There's this magic of the tobacco nuances touched by a slight floral note in a boozy, woody, leather jacket style.
This fits my body and fills my soul… what an amazing scent, so manly, so daring, so unique, gentle and dry but warm in the heart.

If I had to have a signature scent I guess it was MiB, even knowing that he could struggle with me during some warmer days but… a smile in my face and a warm heart just makes me happy.

Spicebomb is a close friend… I don't see the two as much similar… although they share a lot, but Spicebomb is much more sweet. MiB is above that. Well done Bvlgari.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 76 days ago
Here I am, with my black leather jacket, drinking slowly a glass of rum. I am mysterious but also gentle and elegant with my Orris and Tonka
SpicyDiceSpicyDice 7 months ago
Ein frischer und leicht süßlicher Sommerduft!
OmardoOmardo 8 months ago
The spicy rum opening is wonderful.
Then it evolves in the only leathery fragrance i can stand so far. Very persistent on the skin.
GolcherGolcher 22 months ago
Pro: very masculine and seductive. Con: Not versatile at all

it’s amazing, wish there were more circumstances where you can wear it
DavidBrazDavidBraz 24 months ago
Sweet alcoholic leather. Strong and very good smelling. I would love to fell more powderiness and less sweetness. Classy and mature
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
It's very intense, manly, quite aromatic and crafted with very good quality essences. It smells expensive and classy. It's a Bvlgari bomb.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
So warm, so pleasantly smoky, so unexpected for its tuberose touch: yes, sir, I tested it on my feminin skin and it smells wonderful!
MkpunkMkpunk 3 years ago
This is a really mature scent. I got a Scentbird of it and I love it. I really will need to get a bottle of it when I am done with it.
ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
Oh man! I wish it could last forever. A symphony of boozy-smoky prelude, a sweet-leathery interlude, which turns into a powdery postlude!!!

Bvlgari auf Palmenblatt, farblich etwas bearbeitet :-) Danke Euch!
by Pistazieneis
by Vmaster
by RR1
by RR1

Popular Bvlgari

Le Gemme - Tygar by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Nylaia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Veridia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Calaluna by Bvlgari Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black Essence by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Black Orient by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ambero by Bvlgari Splendida - Rose Rose by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Rubinia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Gyan by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ashlemah by Bvlgari Splendida - Iris d'Or by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme Extrême by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black All Blacks Limited Edition by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Splendida - Tubereuse Mystique by Bvlgari