Bvlgari Man In Black 2014

Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari
Bvlgari Man In Black is a popular perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2014. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH.
Scent goes well with The One for Men (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesTobaccoTobacco
RumRum
Heart Notes Heart NotesTuberoseTuberose
Orris absoluteOrris absolute
LeatherLeather
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin
Tonka beanTonka bean
Gaiac woodGaiac wood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 24.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is French model Patrick Petitjean.

A generic fail.
I tested this today and I wish I hadn't, this is as generic as they come, boozy, overly sweet and spicy synthetic leather, headache inducing stuff with that sweetness, overdone a thousand times, I can see why people may like it but it is simply not for me.

I can still smell it on me 5 hours after I tested and makes me nauseous, truly horrible stuff.
3/10.
Elias65
Beautiful fragrance, if you know how to wear the...
If you know how to wear the, then the magic of this fragrance really comes into its own, because notes like rum in combination with tobacco and leather can quickly smell someone after drunk "homeless" (in my opinion). But if you know how to wear the, I say as an example (is definitely a fragrance for the evening) a confident man in a black suit or black shirt on a date or gala. I would not wear the fragrance to the gym with in sweatpants. A very nice fragrance that gives a strong punch at the beginning with tobacco and rum, then a short time later provides something for warmth and "well-being" (similar effect as Spicebomb Extreme) and then in the drydown again convinced with a subtle guaiac wood note and a present tonka bean. Definitely recommendable!
Will Smith action hero ?
I have the beautiful bottle of the Bvlgari milestone by Alberto Morillas last fall as a blind buy on recommendation of various Youtuber zugelegt.
I let it work on me for a few days and fell in love with the fragrance over time.
He radiates a certain Uniqueness and reminds of a charming slightly oriental gentleman who knows how to please.
The rum component rounds off the oriental fragrance very pleasant and the tobacco note remains somewhat in the background, all the time one perceives a woody oriental note.
The fragrance is really extraordinary and develops on my skin in a scent direction that I know of no other designer fragrance. I feel the Man in Black by miles more successful than its popular "competitor" Spicebomb Extreme.
The fragrance is a true Ausgehduft and fits well for autumn / winter.
You can always be sure that you are probably the only one who wears this fragrance, if you wear it when going out.
The longevity and sillage is very strong on my skin and especially on my clothes. The first 4-5 hours he is clearly perceptible to me and my environment, but disturbs at no time and remains very pleasant. The next day, the clothes also smells very pleasant after the scent.
Favorite winter scent
After Dior Sauvage, this was the first fragrance I bought in winter 2019. For me, everything smelled the same at Douglas at the time, but this fragrance has remained in my head. I had never smelled such an aromatically intense fragrance before and that's why I bought it.

The fragrance is really extremely sweet, which is why I would recommend it for winter.

The sillage is one of the best out of my collection. The durability is also incredible. I have received by far the most compliments for this fragrance so far, without aiming for it. I can definitely recommend this fragrance if you are looking for a perfume that doesn't smell 0815 and has a super performance. Since this fragrance is very special and also has many opponents, you should try it before. Who stands on sweet fragrances will be satisfied with it.
Man in black
The last comment this year I write about Bvlgari Man in Black Yes the color black what does it actually mean.

It is probably associated with mystical, fear , sadness, death.
But you can also say the color radiates power, strength, self-confidence.

Let's think of black leather jackets or a stylish noble black evening dress.

Bvlgari Men in Black is a good masculine fragrance.
He is not quite so black.

The tobacco and rum one smells out in a well-dosed manner. Also the Holzigen notes carry the fragrance all the time in the fragrance gently through the entire performance.
Leather I smell out only very restrained.
As a whole, the fragrance is very harmonious and very nicely matched.
Praise to Alberto.
Who expects a violently heavy fragrance here will probably be disappointed.

But he fits perfectly with a leather jacket.
The price-performance ratio is for me in a fair range. The shelf life could be a little longer. The sillage is fine.
I personally like fragrances with which I slay my fellow man anyway not.

Last but not least.....
On 06.01 I am one year on Parfumo active.
I have read a lot about fragrances as well as learned.
The most important was or has been for me but that I could narrow down my fragrance preferences.
The most beautiful side effect was in this not quite simple year, I have met many nice people. To a few I have now built a very good friendship.
And yes there are also which are grown to me meanwhile also very to the heart.
For this I would like to thank you.

Now I wish everyone a happy new year. Stay healthy and keep you brave.

We'll be hearing from each other.
And one or the other I will also see.
Until then
Sebastian, Sebastiano, Sebba, Sebbi, Basti
Well...so
I was able to get a sample of that scent the other day. I put it on yesterday. Well what can I say.... the smell in my eyes...well...

I perceive it as somewhat sour. He doesn't stand out from the crowd now. It's a pretty nice office and everyday scent. I wouldn't expect many compliments. What I am surprised about, though, is the durability. I applied it around 08:00 o'clock and in the evening around 19:00 o'clock I still noticed it a little bit. After I moved my head sideways back and forth.

What it loses in performance, it brings back with the durability.
unobtrusive
Most things in life are a matter of taste. Beyond physics, anyway I had great expectations of Bulgarian "Man in Black". Whoever writes "black" in the name evokes associations such as "conspicuous", "harsh", "oily", "smoky".
But - I don't notice any of that here. It's all unobtrusive, hesitant. It's spicy, but if you wait for the black hammer, you get old The sillage is weak. If the nose needs to get close to the perfume, something's going wrong. At least in the wallet, because here you have to spray three times and not once as with products in the same price range. That's expensive.
Certainly not a bad perfume. Only for me it's too subtle and "vague". It's a one-time purchase. Then there is space under the bathroom mirror again, or as EOC once sang: "The old junk has to go out and new junk has to go in."
Flair
The man in black radiates maturity - and is into pipe tobacco.
Man in Black ended up on my autumn/winter watch list after one of my numerous forays into this wonderful community. On the same day, I dug out a handful of specimens at home that I had not yet decided on - et voilá: the gentleman in black from Bulgari was there with me!
Pffft - I am thrilled! The first impression reminds me strongly of Herod! Wow! Clearly the tobacco in the top note is responsible for this. One in Black's tobacco is dry sweetish. Caressed by a warm coat of powder. The powdery note is by no means too present. Like a thin cashmere cardigan. In this cardigan I sit on a veranda of wooden panels and sip a liqueur. Something soft, not 40% rum, you can hardly taste the alcohol. My father sits next to me and smokes a pipe, the smell of tobacco wafts over to me from time to time - I sniff it out.

Man in Black is an incredibly pleasant fragrance that creates a warm atmosphere. It can be worn on an evening with friends as well as in the office, if you want to be a pleasant contact person. An innovative marketing genius in his early 20s may want to look for a more bubbly scent. One in Black suits the sedate man who radiates prudence and maturity - this can also be the case at 30. A fragrance I will always be happy to return to!
Target group 30+
The smell is often associated with Spicebomb, which is basically understandable.
However, since I own both Spicebomb and MiB, I can confidently assure you that although both go in a very spicy direction, they are very different.

While Spicebomb is quite - in a positive sense - aggressive, I would call MiB very warm. Spicebomb can also be recommended to a younger audience, while MiB is more for the gentlemen with slightly grey hair because of its boozie note.
The best of BVLGARI
Bvlgari Man in Black is definitely the best Bvlgari has to offer. Since one year I wear it now regularly 1-2 times a week, to actually each cause or season (not with 30°). The scent itself is really nice and spicy-masculine but not too exaggerated.
After I quickly emptied the 30ml bottle, I had to buy the 100ml bottle, which is really great in the collection. Unfortunately the sprayer of the 30ml bottle was not so great after a while, even the tester at Douglas had problems with the spray head. But with the 100ml bottle this is no problem anymore. What I find negative is that I can't see the fill level of the bottle
I find the durability and silage really outstanding for a quite "cheap" fragrance. As long as Bvlgari doesn't discontinue the fragrance, I will buy it again and again

Stevens95Stevens95 2 months ago
My boosy fragrance best! Rhum in a sprayable bottle!
Shafkat82Shafkat82 8 months ago
Excellent Date night Fragrance ... love it
MikeMikeMikeMike 12 months ago
Rum, gaiac, winter evening in front of fireplace
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Here I am, with my black leather jacket, drinking slowly a glass of rum. I am mysterious but also gentle and elegant with my Orris and Tonka
SpicyDiceSpicyDice 2 years ago
Ein frischer und leicht süßlicher Sommerduft!
OmardoOmardo 2 years ago
The spicy rum opening is wonderful.
Then it evolves in the only leathery fragrance i can stand so far. Very persistent on the skin.
GolcherGolcher 3 years ago
Pro: very masculine and seductive. Con: Not versatile at all

it’s amazing, wish there were more circumstances where you can wear it
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
Sweet alcoholic leather. Strong and very good smelling. I would love to fell more powderiness and less sweetness. Classy and mature
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
It's very intense, manly, quite aromatic and crafted with very good quality essences. It smells expensive and classy. It's a Bvlgari bomb.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
So warm, so pleasantly smoky, so unexpected for its tuberose touch: yes, sir, I tested it on my feminin skin and it smells wonderful!

by Parfummaster
by Vmaster
by RR1
by RR1

Popular Bvlgari

Le Gemme - Tygar by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Nylaia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Calaluna by Bvlgari Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black Essence by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Veridia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Gyan by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Black Orient by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Rubinia by Bvlgari Splendida - Rose Rose by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Kobraa by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ambero by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black All Blacks Limited Edition by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ashlemah by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme Extrême by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Splendida - Iris d'Or by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari