Bvlgari Man Wood Essence (2018)

Bvlgari Man Wood Essence by Bvlgari

Bvlgari Man Wood Essence is a new perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-synthetic. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian citrus zest, Coriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesCypress, Haitian vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Ambergris accord, Benzoin siam

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 09.11.2018

The face of the advertising campaign is Canadian actor and model Nick Bateman.

Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 2.0/10
The worst kind of dishwashing longing
Really, I do. The 40 minutes drive, after I had tested the monstrously advertised new men's Bvlgari in a passage, was a real olfactory horror.

What's that? What's that? Something so obtrusively bulky, annoying, artificially disgusting hasn't come under me for a long time.

Coriander? Cypress? Ambra?
I smell a completely cacophonous, repulsive, in every respect unsuccessful conglomeration of dull-chemical, aggressive green-woody laboratory evaporation. Perhaps fully synthetic, thoroughly sad-trister attempts by chemists to imitate wood and cypresses.

I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. That's all I'm saying. I'm just repelled by so much perfumery unloving and total incapacity.
Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Sun
Light autumn fragrance
A fragrant autumn perfume with freshly cut trees and fallen foliage, which after a round, aromatic start appears somewhat bitter and austere. Citrus peel and (not quite so fragrant) ambergris dominate until the very end, the wood notes unfortunately stay a bit on the track. Too bad that there are no smaller sizes (e.g. 30 ml), 50 € is a bit too steep for the quality.
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 4.0/10 Longevity 3.0/10 Scent 3.0/10
Modern interpretation of an Italian classic ... gone bath
Everything used to be better. Which is not always true, only if you draw a certain comparison to devalue something new. Well, 20 years ago, maybe even 10 years ago, you could reach into the Bvlgari shelf at will and got a really great smell under your nose. Unfortunately, I haven't had this feeling for a few years now. My ecstasy was hard to put into words when I first noticed this wonderful olive green colour of the new fragrance and then read "Wood Essence" on the bottle. I had hope ...

Grey cardboard with olive green field and golden writing, that looks so noble, Bvlgari can do that! The well-known Bvlgari Man bottle is also raised to a whole new level with this scheme. Congratulations I like that very much, almost so well, that anything but a blind purchase at this moment would mean an useless waste of life time ... wouldn't this little angel named accountant sit admonishing and warning on my right shoulder and whisper wise words to me every now and then ...

A few sprayers and a few minutes later I was indeed full of thanks for my testing of the olive liquid at the turquoises. First of all, Italian green wood accents surrounded me with plenty of citric freshness notes and I already imagined myself in long lost times, when an Italian gentleman scent was still a statement, a sign to its environment, a commitment to set the tone for the rest of the day. But unfortunately these typical tones are only very soft, have hardly any base, weaken quickly and don't have this clean-soapy base that many love so much about these classic vintage fragrances. Instead it will sting at will and after not even 30 minutes with me powdery and unfortunately God very sweet notes through and soften the green and woody impression.

For me something that doesn't belong together because it doesn't fit together. I've smelled these synthetic-looking coriander and vetiver notes in combination too often, they are now completely arbitrary, worn out and sucked out, even in the absolute mainstream scents. They may be supposed to give the Italian macho a modern image, but if you close your eyes to the scent, you can literally see the eternally grinning teenager from a Disney children's evening soap, whose only goal in life thanks to gender mainstreaming is to take part in a dance or sing contest and then drive to Patagonia in an electric car to watch penguins breed there. As if by a miracle, these notes don't want to keep very much on my skin and the radiation is only halfway good in the first hour. After not even two hours the fragrance experience is limited to 5cm above my skin, after four hours it is hardly noticeable even for outsiders.

A fragrance with a very appealing beginning and then a terrible twist. One would like to place the wonderful bottle alone in the tightly closed display case, with the note never to open this Pandora's box.
Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
The story of the Moosmännchen, which was no longer in the mood.
I got the scent as a sample from Douglas and tested it right away. Here my impressions (first metaphorically):

After a summer rain the little male moss stands in front of his cave below a mossy dead wood scrub and smokes his sweetish pipe. These scent wads are still perceptible at the edge of the forest. But after the smoking break it's over. Moosmann goes to sleep. Good night .... and no scent.

The start is sweet woody and slightly musty (Sillage about 9). The woody note is reminiscent of the smell of dead wood in the forest after a rain. That'll take an hour with good luck. After that, there's a shift in the shaft. What remains is a slightly sweet touch on the skin. But you have to press your nose pretty hard against your skin. (Sillage = 0). An incredibly complex fragrance, where one note unfolds after the other, is not to be found. Too bad. Those who love woody scents would get their money's worth here. And even more so, where the scent of its own is like no other. Only in this case, if you look at the durability and the not exactly favorable price, this is a short and expensive pleasure. Maybe someone will sponsor the perfumer Alberto Morillas an internship with the French. DIOR, Givenchy, Yves Saint Laurent or Chanel. Because they can.

No purchase recommendation from me due to the bad price-performance ratio. The fragrance has potential, however, if it lasts longer. That's too bad
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 3.5/10
What's this smell got to do with "Wood"?
When applied, the fragrance reminds me of the Spice Bomb by Viktor & Rolf. I expected something totally different when I read the name of this perfume. In my opinion, there is absolutely nothing of a woody scent available there. After a while, the spicy fragrance changes into a citrus scent
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Happy, green, discreet
The city dweller is looking for his connection to nature (like https://youtu.be/WP7Oh8sSH6c ) : From the advertising to the bottle to the name I liked this release from the beginning. The only question was, would the fragrance itself be able to meet my expectations? The statements made me fear the worst, but I am more than satisfied with my secret favourite brand: in my opinion, the fragrance has hit the green theme very well, working its way from a citrus fruit to green foliage to essence, resinous wood. Only after seven hours can I perceive something slightly sweet, woody-resinous-powdery, but still a fruity freshness is at least next to it. As you would expect from Bulgari, all this is done without much fuss, discreet, spicy, reserved, but clear and always pleasant. That's why I like a lot of Bulgari (especially pour homme and the soir) : It sails a peaceful, clear, bright breeze into your nose, and it doesn't bother you at all. It doesn't happen that often. The green-yellow freshness makes me search my wrist again and again, after 8 hours it is also over, afterwards only very close wood.
Conclusion: Absolutely suitable for everyday use, makes me in a good mood, feels clean and delicious.
Critics may accuse him of cultivated boredom, too quiet, too one-sided, too little innovative or exciting.
I like it very much!

Elysium 109 days ago
A blend of green, spicy, woody, and resinous accords. Not bad at all, yet not so disruptive. I've already smelt something closely akin.+6
Bottle 8.0
Scent 8.0
Jazzy76 75 days ago
Inspired to the nature , it is a pleasant Woody-resinous scent but not so longlasting. Classy and precious the bottle. High price+1
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 5.0
Longevity 6.0
Scent 7.5

Popular Bvlgari

Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Aqva Amara by Bvlgari Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Coral (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme Marine (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia Green Jade by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bvlgari Petits et Mamans by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Extreme by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bvlgari