Bvlgari Man Wood Neroli (2019)

Bvlgari Man Wood Neroli by Bvlgari

Bvlgari Man Wood Neroli is a new perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-spicy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom absolute, Virginia cedar
Base Notes Base NotesWhite musk, Ambergris, Woody amber

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 12.12.2019.

8.0 6.0 8.0 7.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
Wood and neroli, sometimes you don't need any more!
Hello guys, today I'm coming to a Bvlgari men's fragrance, which I just happened to see standing on the shelf and thought I could test it sometime. Admittedly, the name "Neroli" also attracted me, as I like Neroli, but I also liked the colouring of the bottle. Besides, I had to change again, after I had tried more women's fragrances lately.

Of course I have to say that on my other arm there was still a scent of women on it, which I will introduce here sometime... :D But anyway, now it's just about this woody-citric Nerolid scent, which admittedly seems to be a little misplaced, seasonal, because it already comes across fresher and is therefore more of a spring and summer scent. So it was even worse to test it now, because today is a very, VERY rainy day. So rainy that even my cat didn't feel like going out so far, and usually it's hard to keep him in the apartment when he's not sleeping... on the other hand it's cold and the heating is burning, so the marble plate above the heating is warming up a lot, which the cat really likes :) And us humans possibly also, who once in the winter by an apartment with underfloor heating ran around, who knows, what I mean :)

Anyway, I now come to the fragrance, which I found quite nice!

The fragrance:
Soo, Wood Neroli begins with exactly the same scents that the fragrance already hints at in its name, namely woody notes and neroli. At the beginning you can smell bergamot, which gives a citrus-fresh feeling and citrus fans like it anyway. Then the intensive Neroliduft becomes well noticeable, which lasts also longer. Besides, there are the mentioned woody scents. While these still smell "generally woody" at the beginning, one smells a cedar further and further later, whereby also the intensity of this woody note increases clearly.
In the middle part, the mix of citric and woody notes comes across as a classic men's fragrance, so for men aged 35-40 or older (us old sacks... *sigh* :D), because it partly has this light, barbarshop-like aura.
Later in the base, however, this classic aura is weaker again, the fragrance then smells more woody again and after neroli and general citric notes such as bergamot, whereby the woody notes, thus above all the cedar, are now clearly stronger. And despite the amber, the fragrance is only slightly sweet. That was it, by and large. That may not sound very spectacular now, but it's nice in the nose, I liked the scent, even though I don't really have to have it.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage has turned out to be above average. And for a fragrance that also comes across fresher and contains citric notes, the Sillage is even very good. One will be well perceived with the scent, perhaps not necessarily now outside in the cold weather, but on warmer days it will already come across well. It is also quite durable, there are easily nine to ten hours in here, but of course it is quite weak at the late hour.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular, thick-walled and therefore very massive and heavy, inside it is filled with a yellowish scent liquid. The spray head (and lid at the same time) is also cylindrical and large, it is chrome-plated, but has an embedded black disc in the middle with the name and logo of Bvlgari. By the way: If you press down the spray head quite slowly, then the scent shoots out of the nozzle like a jet of water. I mean, this is the case with most flacons in such a way that the jet cannot build up with little activity and then flows more out of the spray head, but here a more powerful jet shot at me without turning into a fog. But as I said, all in all a beautiful bottle.

As already written in the description of the fragrance I do not find the fragrance bad. Sure, it hasn't really become that spectacular, some of you might even call it boring, but I liked it because it has a nice, fresh scent for me, which you can use in spring and summer as a loose scent for everyday life. Of course one must also say that exactly this kind of scent gives like sand at the sea and depends here on the personal taste. And the smell of Bvlgari is also a little more expensive,... so whether the price is worth it, everyone must know for himself. I myself wouldn't buy it now, but as a present I would still use it instead of passing it on for example :D

It is not a must to test this scent, but you don't make a mistake if you sacrifice an arm for it, especially if you like neroli and woody scents without much bells and whistles. Oh and he also comes across a little bit clean towards the end, so he is also perfect for all men who clichédly take a shower only once every two weeks or so, especially now in the cold weather :DD

That's it, then! I wish you all a nice evening and see you next time :)
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Spektrum
heavy orange blossoms caught on fresh laundry
It's quite an orange-blossom cracker, unusual for a men's scent. The top note is dreamy, flowery, natural, somehow greenish (like the bottle) and slightly woody. The almost heavy flowers also contain a slight sweetness. Later, more aquatic-clean musk comes through, orange blossom and neroli are still well present, but no longer so natural. From here on I don't like it so much that I would like to have it myself, because I'm not a fan of clean scents. But he's definitely unisex. A nice freshness scent for the summer, on warm skin certainly very attractive, on paper it is a little too cool or too clean for me.
10.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Sovereign work of BVL
This perfume is "thank God" not in the mainstream class a la Sauvage, Poco Rabanne & Co.
A sovereign companion; keeps bombastic, silage and durability of my eighth above average.
Female fans on top of that - at least that's the confirmation in the office...;-)
Strong similarities to Aqua di Parma lines.

No conglomerate of innumerable fragrances; beautifully reduced: Freshness, woodiness dominate, flower, and spice remain very long on the skin!

Absolute recommendation to buy!
10.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Success
Nothing really good from Bvlgari has appeared for a long time. Admittedly, one can argue about the lack of imagination in naming the fragrances, but the fragrance is a perfect summer companion. Creamy orange, pleasantly restrained musk and wood, i.e. "wood" just in the base. Thunder god is surely right, an Acqua di Parma DNA is recognizable, but I like him, and my girlfriend too. What more do we need? H&S 2+, Eau de Parfum eben.

AmberScent 179 days ago
Sweet scent that strongly reminds me of fresh flowers with an intoxicating opening and close to jasmin. Gone in 15 minutes. Bad performance.+4
9.0
6.0
6.0

Popular Bvlgari

Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Coral (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme Marine (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Petits et Mamans by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Extreme by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bvlgari Omnia Green Jade by Bvlgari