Bvlgari pour Homme (1995) Eau de Toilette

Bvlgari pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari
Bottle Design: Thierry de Baschmakoff

Bvlgari pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 1995. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Lavender, Mandarin, Mace, Neroli, Blackcurrant blossom, Tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Carnation, Geranium, Gaiac wood, Iris, Cardamom, Coriander, Pepper, Rosewood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Musk, Tonka bean, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.08.2019

8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Exceptional
Bvlgari pour Homme tested today. The Entre is sometimes completely different than many other summer scents.
Not citric but after application a blunt woody freshness envelops me.
It does not undergo much development, the damp wood dries off and then shines brightly-polished in the sun.
The fragrance doesn't look complex but rather solid and uncomplicatedly composed.
I can't understand the many nuances given, but the scent is quite attractive.
S. + H. are good average, priced a little too expensive for me.
I would say for me the perfect scent for the groomed businessman and wearable for all occasions.
That's why thumbs up....
8.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

Farneon
If only you were a little stronger, you'd be my God among fragrances!
It was almost exactly 20 years ago when my girlfriend gave me this fragrance for my birthday. The relationship with her did not last very long, but "Bulgari pour Homme" I kept forever in my olfactory memory. I'm still friends with the young woman from that time on Facebook today. And even though I forgot a lot of that time: There is a link in my brain that says "Chantal" (name changed by the editors, haha) and BPH belong together for me to this day!

That is why I am by no means biased, because it is more the scent than the woman that reminds me of the past. To the beginnings of how I began to constantly sniff at my arm and neck. At that time I didn't know the brand Bulgari yet, I probably wore HUGO or PHOTO (I don't know that exactly anymore) ... Anyway, after a long time I ordered BPH again (it's even comparatively cheap in the meantime) and again I sniff around at myself to catch something I unfortunately don't know what it is. Has also quite a lot of ingredients the good (!) BPH.

I strongly guess musk and floral notes, which might distinguish the fragrance from the "Extrème" variant. Of course I had bought this version once, but it just couldn't get close to the scent construct that is so anchored in my head. Although also smelling very good, somehow the decisive element was missing for me - or the corresponding concentration of it. Yes, it lasted longer, but I couldn't really sniff the one that mattered to me.

This brings us to the only "accusation" I can make against BPH: The performance was and is in need of improvement, and I am not even a friend of an exorbitant Sillage. One must sniff out the decisive essence of BPH after maximum 2-3 hours like a truffle pig, in order to notice it still somewhat clearly. That's how I feel, anyway - today and then. Maybe this is what makes this EDT so attractive!?

Well, maybe I am biased after all!? But not because of an elapsed love, but because of a fragrance in which I could have bathed two decades ago. So to all of you: Stay nice and subjective! ;-)

Class Never Goes Out of Style
There are some scents you get, experience and can't wait to review, to gush words of praise and tell the world from the rooftops. When I first encountered BPH, it was almost a decade after its release (2006) and I bought it scent unsniffed, from an online retailer after reading the reviews of parfumisti far wiser and experienced than myself. It was an obviously well-made woody floral musk fragrance: clean and fresh without the tsunami of calone most newer men's scents of that era contained. Flowers musk and woods are deftly entwined, without too much sweetness or spice, and only enough citrus to tease out the freshness of the prevailing tea accord.

A slightly above average cologne with decent longevity and respectable projection, this found itself filed in the BVLGARI row of the designer shelf of my armoire after a few wearings and though it was solid...it failed to wow me. Had I reviewed this in my earlier reviews, I daresay I would have "sold it short"; mostly because I have an entirely new outlook on this scent, perfumer and house.

A prelude of freshness results from a cacophony of notes Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud has soothed to an harmonious choir of soft whispers, wafting as fresh as a breeze. Aldehydes add an airiness (as opposed to an expanding sparkle) while orange and bergamot add the needed citricity (and not a drop more) to attenuate the tea and petit grain; as they perfectly dissolve into leaf-tinged powdery floral notes of lavender and neroli closing a veritable perfect circle of clean, sans any of the usual soapy associations. BPH's aura of pristine masculinity makes it an utterly versatile scent choice suitable for the office, school, casual gatherings or a first date.

The floral choir in the heart (cyclamen, geranium and carnation led by iris) continues the floral theme of the opening lavender and develops it, making it deeper (not louder) and at the same time smoother with rosewood and guaiac. Cardamom (warm green sharp) pepper (piquant and sharp) and coriander (cool & leafy but bitter) are, like most notes in Msr. Cavallier-Belletrud's works especially for this House, imperceptible as individuals yet their additions are what makes this a flawless silk and velvet tapestry, as opposed to a flashy silk screen on simple material. The weaving of the aromatic threads and olfactive colors "just so" truly makes BPH more than the sum of the parts.

In the far drydown, the core of musk and cedar glows as it serves as a balancing point for the sweetness of amber (translucent amber is listed on Bvlgari's site) and *one single small?* tonka bean, against the dynamic duo of vetiver and oak moss while they hint at a hidden wildness underneath it all. BPH is a rather charming and very polite rascal beneath those starched collars and pressed trousers. Despite the fact this may seem cool or even aloof should not give you pause. Everyone needs a nice pressed neutral button-down shirt, that you can use with any outfit or situation. This is "that" shirt in a bottle-complete with mother-of-pearl buttons and hand sewn silk thread seams. Bravo!!

Sillage: moderate to very good
Longevity: above average (7-12 hours)
Overall: 4.25/5

Now BVLGARI's perfume catalog numbers upwards of seventy fragrances; but, when BVLGARI POUR HOMME hit the market, in 1996, there were only two! (EAU PARFUMEE AU THE VERTE '92 and BVLGARI POUR FEMME '94) Later that year another *new* favorite of mine was released: EAU PARFUMEE AU THE VERT EXTREME-nosed by Jean-Claude Ellena.

Currently BPH is still available at several online retailers (some for as little as .50/ml!) and remains a fixture worldwide at high-end fragrance counters and flagship stores. BVLGARI POUR HOMME seems to "play well with others" while offering year-round versatility, excellent quality-to-price ratio (or QPR) and sheer stunningness.

I, therefore, dub BVLGARI POUR HOMME a Modern Masterpiece. Not only for how it has stayed the course over the last two decades, defining and setting the bar for men's elegance and style; but also for its uniqueness, considering its time and contemporaries, and subtle balance of softspoken luxury with graceful sensibility.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Avoirdupois
Elegant, so powdery -- a joy to wear !
The floral notes come through immediately, producing a soft, happy tone to this scent. There is an overall powdery sense to Bvlgari pour Homme, a feel which I find alluring and attractive, though not especially masculine. This is not a macho macho product. The heavy, strong base notes are not overplayed, show themselves well in drydown. Coriander, which, like Cinnamon, does not appeal to me, is a very minor player in this cologne (happily for me).

Decidedly a major league cologne which is a staple in my collection. The bottle is a classic style, but not the easiest to use. I recommend BpH without hesitation. I would add that this is a fragrance that will pull compliments.
5.0 7.5 9.0/10

The CEO at the Day's End
Bias warning: I was completely blown away by this scent. I expected something decent, but received something outstanding. I promise not to spill too much drool on your keyboard nor to be overly fanboi, but prepare yourself for the happy adjectives!

Bvlgari Pour Home goes on a smoky and a little bit resiny. Within minutes, it smells even better -- the smokiness amps; the psuedo-resins turn sweet; and the smell of new clothes appears. All of this is definitely masculine. Maybe there's a touch of cumin in here; there's a slight warmth. If you want to smell like a gentleman, this is it. Moderate silage -- two feet at best.

By five hours, it is down to little more than a skin scent, but it still smells great -- smoky, musky, slightly sweet in a resiny way. At nine it is absolutely seductive in a sense of power and refinement. This is the scent that a CEO would wear relaxing in his office with a view over the bay at the end of the day -- masculine power, poise, refinement, and strength -- all without using stereotypical notes or being crude or carnal. The only negative is its lack of silage, which I am forgiving just this once.

Every guy should at least sample this.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Do I smell ANY of the listed notes?
What a baffling composition. I am told that twenty-three notes are present. Of course, we all know that notes are mere metaphors, but in the extremely bizarre case of BVLGARI POUR HOMME, the metaphors clash head-on with my experience.

Aldehydes? Certainly not. Bergamot, well, okay, yes, I suppose, since it is present in 33% of all perfumes. Maybe I can conceive of this as a tea scent. But the rest? They may as well say that this perfume contains unicorns and elves, since I smell them just about as well!

None of this is to say that there is anything essentially wrong with BVLGARI POUR HOMME. It's nice. It's light. It's polite. It's clean and keen. It's the perfect scent for the twenty-first-century open-cubicle office. Indeed: it smells to me rather like just pressed and starched long-sleeved cotton Oxford shirts complete with linked cuffs and button-down collars!
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Subtle yet pleasing to my female nose
Bvlgari has a knack for making beautiful, refreshing, casual yet classy fragrances that are always sure crowd pleasers. There is so much to love when it comes to Bvlgari Pour Homme. It's not the most amazing thing you'll ever smell, yet it is undeniably charming.

Quiet yet bold enough to make a statement, Bvlgari Pour Homme is a nicely balanced blend of light citrus, musky florals and aromatic herbs. Not a spectacular scent by any means, but one that is clean and soothing.

I think a lot of men tend to go overboard with fragrances because there is so much media these days telling them that they have to smell great for the ladies. Many over-apply, wear something they don't even like or just spritz it on for the hell of it. Something like Bvlgari Pour Homme is sometimes all you need to get female attention. Smell fresh and masculine and the rest is history.

Unfortunately the projection of this fragrance is not great. It is incredibly weak and even worse on the skin. The subtlety although admirable, could do with a boost in the sillage department so both the wearer and the people around him can enjoy this fragrance through all its stages.

I'm surprised to like something so subtle, however after many partners with strong fragrances, I've been craving a man that wears lighter scents. Bvlgari Pour Homme is what I'm after.

by Rivegauche
by Vmaster
by Herkules762
by Herkules762

Popular Bvlgari

Aqva Amara by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Coral (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme Marine (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Extreme by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Petits et Mamans by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bvlgari Omnia Green Jade by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bvlgari