Bvlgari pour Homme Soir (2006) Eau de Toilette

Bvlgari pour Homme Soir (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari
Bottle Design: Thierry de Baschmakoff

Bvlgari pour Homme Soir (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2006. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesDarjeeling tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesPapyrus wood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.11.2019

An Underrated Scent

SOTD (Scent of the Day): Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir As of 02/03/19

This fragrance is overlooked and underrated in my opinion, this is my 2nd Bvlgari fragrance, the 1st one was Bvlgari Aqua. I just love the simplicity and freshness of this fragrance, from the Darjeeling tea, papyrus, Bergamot and amber so well blended, it was my signature scent for the time being and how I overlooked it as well. So versatile pretty much it can be worn almost all seasons, a dumb reach and a safe office scent. An awesome and superb scent and a must have.

Rating

Scent: 8.25/10
Design/Presentation:6.5/10
Value: 6/10
Longevity/Performance: 9/10: 4-6 sprays (back of the neck, around the ear lobes, and wrists): Lasted on my skin around 12+ hrs
Overall: 8.25/10
8.0 4.0 5.0 8.5/10

Gem
"The weighty is the root of the light, the silence is the restlessness Lord." (Laotse)

Unequal test comparison looking for my summer scent this year: one arm very cool sauvage, the other bphs.
Sure, somehow it's fascinating how the Dior is getting its power out while the Bulgari seems to weaken But nevertheless bphs wins with me clearly, because he leaves a place to breathe, seems natural, is somewhat mysterious, airy and yet clearly male, smoky, spicy, woody...
In the end, the scent is the better one, which you want to smell longer and more often, while the other one starts to get on your nerves at some point.
I've stopped wanting more power for these quiet scents. Then they wouldn't be what I like about them anymore.
Smelling is a sensory perception that is difficult to explain, but it can be compared to another for illustration: Anyone who thinks that he appears noble and wealthy when he has a lot of brand labels hanging around in his pockets will achieve the opposite. Anyone who thinks that extra loud music is the guarantee for a lot of feeling is obviously mistaken. Less is more, secrets arouse curiosity, still waters are deep, the strength lies in peace.
Ohmmmmm..

~ Inviting Tea ~
~ This Bvlgari deserves a description that some may shy away from. To my nose the "S" in soir describes a sexy, sensual, subtle scent for a man. It's meant to be enjoyed on a date with that special someone and to complete the evenings gentlemanly handsome wardrobe. The inviting cup of tea you pour for her is steeped in citrus with warm papyrus and sweetened with the amber in the last drops of the drydown. You will smell sophisticated and tastefully discrete while your intimate date night with Soir's longevity will last a longtime past the goodnight kiss.

Kind Regards, Plat ~
6.0/10

Approaching elegance but...
N.B. After submitting this review I felt it necessary to add this little apologia. That’s because more of the review seems devoted to Bvlgari men’s fragrances generally than to Bvlgari pour Homme Soir specifically. If, for that reason, you don’t find the review helpful, please forgive me.

My initial experience with the pour Homme line of fragrances -pour Homme original and Extreme- was not at all happy. The combination of top notes, galbanum and coriander, results in an accord that is harsh, unpleasant and suprisingly long lasting. In the case of pour Homme Extreme, it’s just, well, too extreme! If your experience is anything like mine then the galbanum/coriander accord will hit your nose like freshly chopped celery. While I like crisp, green essences, I’d rather not spend my waking hours smelling like mirepoix.

Bvlgari pour Homme Soir, on the other hand, has just enough sweetness from bergamot, tea and amber to make it more suited to my personality. I’m still not a huge fan of the fragrance -I’ll never own a bottle- but to my nose it’s a more elegant composition than its brethren. If you generally like the pour Homme line but, like me, can’t get past the celery accord, then pour Homme Soire, might prove to be a solution.

A final word about pour Homme Soir. Amazingly, one can smell its relationship to a wide range of Bvlgari fragrances; masculine and feminine. My wife has a large wardrobe of Bvlgari perfumes so in pour Homme Soir I was able to pick up on characteristics of Omnia, the Jasmin and The series and even my own guilty pleasure... gulp... Aqua. Anyway, I like that sense of unity and identity through the line. Unfortunately, this recognition also makes it painfully clear that Bvlgari’s feminine fragrances are superior to its masculine offerings. I wish Bvlgari would imbue it men's line with the same level of grace and elegance.
5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Peppered tea and citrus
Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir smells wonderful on a man, yet not so wonderful on myself. Understandable seeing that this fragrance is marketed towards men, however I can't help having that desire to gender-bend scents.

On my boyfriend this fragrance is slightly citrusy and fresh. The tea note really stands out, however it smells exotic and in some ways sexy.

On my skin, Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir smells very earthy and vegetal. Strange and dirty in a sense. Not feminine at all.

It is interesting how much the male chemistry differs from a female's. Like I mentioned before, this fragrance transforms into something lovely, refreshing and likable on my boyfriend. Truly remarkable.

The lasting power and sillage strength are very good, better than the average scent. While I do prefer Bvlgari's BLV pour Homme over Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir, just because it has more character, I wouldn't call this fragrance bland.

The fragrance is certainly not dark, however the colour black does convey this fragrance well, in a simplistic and classy sense. My own father enjoyed this fragrance and he barely likes anything scented, so that should give you a rough idea of how pleasant this fragrance really is.

Syzygy73 6 days ago
A sharp citrus tang at first gives way to a light, refined tea scent that catches you off guard all day into thinking damn that's good.

by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Bvlgari

Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Coral (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme Marine (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Petits et Mamans by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Extreme by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bvlgari Omnia Green Jade by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bvlgari