Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge (2005)

Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bvlgari
Bottle Design: Thierry de Baschmakoff

Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge is a perfume by Bvlgari for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Orange, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesChinese Yunnan tea, Fig, Rooibos tea
Base Notes Base NotesResin, Musk, Walnut

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.04.2019

6.0 8.0 7.0/10

Tessa
How wrong can I be sometimes!!!
Bulgari lounched the series of "Teas" for quite a long time and I always avoided even trying them because I do not like to smell like tea or coffee or chocolate. Recently I received a sample of Eau Parfumee au The Rouge not in a vial, like all those samples they give you with a purchase, or a small tissue square like the Fragonard samples, but in the size of a small towel. I am not kidding. And since it was a small towel I used it after the shower just to get rid of it. The next second I thought I was smelling Behr paint with primer in the mix. It was as if I went back to the day when, out of curiosity to see if I was able to paint a room all by myself, I did it successfully with that kind of paint. Do not ask me what my thoughts were about Bulgari's Eau Parfumee au The Rouge! And what if this smell of paint lasts for a day like the Behr? Next thing was to run to my Parfumo.net and write an acidic review about it. I even settled for the title: " Not my cup of tea!"
How wrong could I have been, my friends and how much the first impression does not always count!
In less than five minutes, a beautiful, warm scent was calming me down. The Rooibos tea smell receeded and the sweetness of orange, the freshness of bergamot rounded the composition. Perfection.
A scent for cold evenings, for cool mornings, for those days when stress is unbearable.
Before the musc settled the foundation, the almond scent came strong and beautiful. Beautiful.
Longevity? Good. Unexpectedly good. Sillage? Not so much but I did not care because I wanted to keep it close to my skin and not share it with anybody around.
I think this is one of the longest reviews I wrote about a perfume and I coul keep on writting but it is a review and not a blog.
Happy to share with you my discovery.

LicoriceRain
How do I love Tea? Let me count the ways.
First of all, Rouge Bvlgari has NONE of the notes that I don't generally like (tobacco, leather, amber, or vanilla), but it has tea, fig, pink pepper, and orange notes that I prefer. And as another reviewer said, it smells hot! Very rouge/red. There's nothing about this to NOT like. In fact, it has already earned it's place on my "love" shelf. I just got my 2ml sample Friday and have already almost used it all up, such an addictive smell. And so perfectly unisex. I don't say this too often about any fragrance, but Rouge Bvlgari is certainly worth buying a full bottle.

Eau Parfumee au The Rouge
I find this perfume very nice and unique. It's deep without being heavy. It's warm and I detect a soft spiciness on my skin. It's also very nutty smelling (walnut) which gives it an earthy feel to me. My favourite part about this scent is the red tea vibe that's going on. I really love it. It smells like an authentic tea and not chemical smelling at all. I know a lot of people don't like the fig note in perfumes but I do. Any perfume I've ever tried that has fig in it, I have liked a great deal. I love this fragrance so much that I bought a back-up bottle a week after I bought the first one as I know it's discontinued now. Definitely unisex. This would smell great on a man or a woman but I do find it a tad more masculine rather than feminine. I could see how this fragrance wouldn't be for everyone so testing it out first would be a good idea before buying a full bottle.
5.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

PBullFriend
tannic thirstquencher beats the heat
We're having a hot spell here, with a heat index that could well reach 105F/40C. I'm avoiding going outside as much as possible and am so grateful for the invention of central air conditioning. One of the first things I thought on waking up was that I needed to douse myself in Bulgari Red Tea.

I like my iced tea strong. I think that, to be the most refreshing, it should be potent black tea that almost curls the edges of your tongue the way a lemon does. Then, one should add just enough sugar to create a contrast.

This is my iced tea in perfume form. A potent tannic note (enhanced by the walnut) centers it, making me think of a tall, cold glass of chilled tea that's almost as dark as coffee. The fig is that scant teaspoonful of sugar, like a little life raft in an ocean of puckery intensity. Perfect for this heatwave!
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

A strong cup of tea
If you want rich, dark, concentrated tea, look no further, you can't get much more tea-like than this.

I thought I was smelling something by Demeter when I first tried Eau Parfumee au The Rouge. It was tea bags alright, a heady, thick aroma of a cup of tea, minus the milk and sugar.

Due to its strong tea note, it sways more to the masculine side of things, however I'm not saying that women can't wear this too. I'm not a big tea drinker, however I do find the scent somewhat pleasant, rich and energizing in a way.

Eau Parfumee au The Rouge is oriental in some instances, especially with the additives of fig and musk. Despite the fact that this fragrance is encouraged to be worn in the Summer months, I tend not to agree. I do believe that this fragrance could literally become too steamy and cloying in hot weather.

The lasting strength of this fragrance is pretty poor unfortunately, but yet what can you expect from a cologne? Perhaps layering this fragrance with other scents, like I do with Eau Parfumee au The Blanc, could improve its longevity and make it less linear. Either way it's worth a try.
5.0 5.0/10

Red Tea
Pure and unsweetened Fig opens this unique scent
there's a another Fig fragrance i whould like to mention Acqua di Parma Fico di Amalfi but very different from each other Bulgari Rouge has more
of a grounded opening of Walnut and Ginger that is
missing from the note cards evokes the earthy side
of the Fig scent which Fico is more sweeter milkier
and smooth but unforntunaly a bit synthitic,
Rouge dries a bit peppery of the note of pink pepper
with an undertone of Green Tea The basenotes finishing which it's light and hard to detect, resin
is diluted deep basin musk i bearly notice; my nose can't seperate and idenify a lot of notes and this is one of them. anyway my verdict I whould like if it did'nt have the heavy walnut opening but otherwise it's a above average scent.
5.0 8.0/10

Tea anyone???
This is a very nice frag.. From start its a burst of tea & fig! Thats all I really smell! This is by no means a bad thing, the fig is there from start to finish. As it dries down it becomes a lingering sweet scent with a fade of the tea lurking in the background. It last approximately 4 hours on me @ most.. If you spray on you shirt, you will smell it all day. 1 of the better tea offerings from Bulgari! Nice scent I give it 7.5/10

Jazzy76 10 months ago
A luxuous fresh -spicy scent to wear in the hot season. Very pleasant but not so longlasting.High price.+1
5.0

by Sani
by Joe
by Joe

Popular Bvlgari

Aqva Amara by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Coral (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme Marine (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Extreme by Bvlgari Petits et Mamans by Bvlgari Omnia Green Jade by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bvlgari