Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert (1992)

Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert by Bvlgari
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff

Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert is a perfume by Bvlgari for women and men and was released in 1992. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamot, Green pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesGreen tea, Cardamom
Base Notes Base NotesBeeswax, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.09.2019.

7.0 4.0 2.0 8.0/10

Five colours: Green
I don't really like green tea (for drinking) very much, I don't have any references to the brand Bulgari and the bottle and the name of the fragrance wouldn't have tempted me to test it. But I put (probably because of an inspired comment here) sometime once the sister smell blue on my noticing list and then entered a few days ago the Bulgari boutique at the citizens of Berlin Kurfürstendamm, in order to test these - one can read my experiences there in the Blog ?Berliner Duftspaziergänge Teil 6? if one has desire for it
There I learned that Bulgaris cologne series "Eau Parfumée au Thé..."five colours include: white, green, black, red and blue; that each of the five fragrances was commissioned from a different perfumer; that two of the fragrances are continued and three are discontinued in the near future (unfortunately, I haven't exactly remembered which, green is not discontinued, blue already) and that one or even more of the fragrances from this series are used by large hotel chains or airlines as corporate identity signature fragrances
"White" got a statement; for "green" it's enough for a short comment: Without looking at the pyramid beforehand I could easily (and without waiting for a course) recognize the triad of green tea, bergamot (I would also have thought a different citric note, e.g. Neroli or Petitgrain, possible, but bergamot fits) and cardamom. From my point of view this triangle is the core of the fragrance, and as simple as that is, as beautiful (and quite independent) it seems to me. The cardamom note (which also sounds a bit musky) is quite compact and powerful for such a fine, discreet scent, at least with a strong dosage. It does not kill the fragrance, but it effectively prevents it from slipping into the trivial, too gentle and clean - it gives the fragrance the necessary tension and a barely perceptible hint of dirtiness.

I don't perceive pepper, beeswax and tonka as independent notes, but they are all highly plausible: pepper to intensify the tea freshness and beeswax and tonka for the creamy grounding. The woodruff like (and thus green, perhaps a wink of the eye of the perfumer, because he had the task of Bulgari to serve the color "green"!) of the Tonka fragrance was beautifully described by my foreword commentator Edda32 (and at the risk of being drawn to the obtrusive advertisement for my blog, I allow myself to refer to the relationship of Tonka and woodruff to my penultimate blog post).

The durability of this "with green tea perfumed water", as I would like to translate the name, is with me more than modest. In spite of seven spray shots, after 1-2 hours practically nothing can be guessed anymore. The unfortunate remains of the fragrance were nevertheless recognized by a dear colleague as "this Bulgari, whom my mother loves to wear" and assured that he shows a higher persistence in her mother's wife.

It remains to be added that I did not test "black" and "red"; "blue", which I had in my sights anyway, pleased me the most of the three tested, and also lasted much longer. Let's see, maybe I'll get a bottle of the remaining stock, if so, a comment will be sent later.

The very last postscript (for those who didn't recognize it themselves): The title of this commentary is meant as a tribute to Kieslowski's color trilogy; there "Blue" became the only box-office hit, but I liked "Red" and "White" at least as much.
8.0 3.0 4.0 7.5/10

Infusion galium odoratum
This is really a wonderful fragrance, but I perceive it differently and would describe it differently than most of you here.
I bought a miniature because I am looking for a new signature scent and am actually looking for something fresh, striking with flowers and statement, but feminine nevertheless. I found it, but I'll write another comment about it ;-)

First of all: Bvlgari The Vert is not suitable as a signature scent for me, it simply has too little sillage for that. Nevertheless, I like the scent very much. In my opinion it is suitable for cool, but sunny spring and autumn days.

Tea scents seemed to me to be the right direction for now. When I read about pepper, honey and tonka bean in Bvlgari The Vert, I became sensitive. I didn't want it to be as cool and fresh as Ardens Green Tea and I promised myself spice and sharpness, but also a little temperature, some sun.

The citrus-yellow top note from the bergamot flies away rather quickly, but leaves a delicate, peppery and fresh memory in the heart note right up to the base note.
When the nose has almost forgotten the top note, a surprising, fine, narrow, dark green bouquet of flowers unfolds. A small, dark green bouquet of tiny white flowers. Tea leaves.... I also smell a little of an Indian spice tea I once had in my closet. That must be the cardamom. The heart note also only stays in the nose for a very short time and then passes into a sip in the base note, so to speak. It's getting warm!
The fragrance alternates between pepper, honey, green notes and very clear and dominant...woodruff!

Some time ago I had a box of tonka beans in my closet with a broken lid. Every time I opened the cupboard door, this heavenly smell streamed towards me. The fragrance is called coumarin and is found in both woodruff and tonka bean. The two smell similar to each other, in the tonka bean you may notice a hint of cream or vanilla.

Bvlgari The Vert is a light, soft green tea, gently perfumed with jasmine and bergamot, served in an almost transparent snow-white cup of Fine Bone China. On the bottom, a generous serving of golden honey. Stir with a filigree silver spoon. It's clashing quietly. This tea invigorates the palate and warms the stomach and soul. Half an hour of bliss, then memory.

Heavenly, but it's a pity the Sillage is so weak.
5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Watered down green tea
Eau Parfumee au The Vert is one of those fragrances that will appeal to those that don't usually like fragrances, if that makes any sense.

I rather like this fragrance's subtle and clean freshness, even though I expected a lot more green tea in this composition. I find it quite lemony and soft on the skin, which really works well in the warmer months.

Sometimes it can smell a little too detergent-like, it even reminds me of those medicated green tea gels for blemishes. However the sweet floral heart of jasmine and rose keeps the scent interesting and wearable.

I expected a stronger fragrance to be honest, something as strong as Eau Parfumee au The Rouge, which was a definite tea scent, very heady in its aromas. I wore this fragrance for the first time to a friend's birthday party, and while it didn't really suit the alcohol fuelled atmosphere, I quite enjoyed the subtle wafts of delicate greeness and refreshing soapiness every now and then.

Eau Parfumee au The Vert is nice, but it's not ground-breaking, even though Luca Turin finds it so. I find it inoffensive but a little too bland for my tastes. It's a scent that I'd wear for myself rather than for others. I'd use it as a refreshing bed-time scent or something to use as a means to freshen up during the day.

Complex simplicity
Au The Vert opens with lightly spiced lemon and orange, and then moves to jasmine tinged with tea. The lily-of-the-valley is also perceptible, but not central.

The drydown is a clean, fresh cedar, still suffused with tea.

This is a lovely light summer refresher, but there's more to this little gem than that. It was, I think, the first green tea fragrance, and it certainly remains one of the very best. I think of it as being like a pointillist painting in which the great Jean-Claude Ellena has used many brushstrokes (notes) to create the contours of a single object (green tea).

Jazzy76 19 months ago
It's a minimal fragrance although its complex acchord. Refreshing and discrete in its elegant bottle, quite good but too expensive+2
6.0
6.0

Köstlicher Duft nach grünem Tee!  meine Nr.1 unter den Teedüften.
by Olentia
by Chnokfir
Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert von Bvlgari - Wimmelbild
by Chnokfir

Popular Bvlgari

Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Coral (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme Marine (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Petits et Mamans by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Extreme by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bvlgari Omnia Green Jade by Bvlgari