Goldea (2015)

Goldea by Bvlgari

Goldea is a perfume by Bvlgari for women and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesCrystal musk, Bergamot absolute, Orange blossom absolute, Raspberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesMusk, Ylang-ylang, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Amber, Patchouli, Egyptian papyrus

Submitted by Michael, last update on 29.05.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Isabeli Fontana, photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.

of raspberries and troublemakers
I have too many test tubes, it hit me tonight with a loud bang. The sample glass on my dressing table, on which another sample glass was parked, burst yesterday night at 2:30am with a loud clang. I scared to death if there was noise left at my feet. My friend, who had previously sat peacefully at his desk, rushed in to turn off the noise. The first test tubes were already rolling over the floor, the upper glass lay unharmed on the table, but the lower one had given up its spirit. A large piece was broken out and luckily lay next to it without much splintering. At night we quickly vacuumed the floor as a precaution and I postponed more cleanup work until noon today.

"I have too many sample tubes" my inner critic shouted to me again when I was busy with the last clean-up work. Disposing of the broken glass, my attention fell on the numerous, now homeless rehearsals. Some found place in the 2nd sample glass, the rest had to move in cardboard boxes in the cupboard. A good opportunity, however, to gradually test the collected samples and use them up when you like them. Due to the sunny weather I decided for Bulgaris Goldea.

I had already tested it once and can remember dark creamy raspberries. Sprayed on again, this creamy, almost coconut-like top note comes towards me again, which reminds me of tropical sun oil. Musk and orange blossom are the main actors, coconut is not found in the scents. I hardly smell anything of the bergamot indicated. A little later a sweet, not too fruity raspberry joins in and completes the creamy smell. Ylang and Jasmin I can't see directly, if they are there, they don't fall out of the frame and also the base with again musk, amber and patchouli fits in harmoniously. The fragrance thus remains creamy, sunny and warm over long stretches. It fits wonderfully to this wonderful summer day, which I spend partly in the ice cream café, nestles delicately to my skin and really doesn't bother anyone.

And now I am a bit glad that I could experience a little shock because of the nightly accident, but also this wonderful scent, which was forgotten again because of the multitude of rehearsals.
5.5
Sequoia
Not that it degenerates...
My relationship to sample bottles is - probably due to education - like the relationship of the old Westphalian countrywoman to food: Just don't let anything go to waste!

And so I hoard sample bottles - as long as the contents are not really bad - expecting to be able to take them along as a space-saving fragrance in my handbag or luggage at some point. Goldea had already passed the first test last year and now it was my turn to accompany me on a journey.

Especially in the transition period from winter to spring I find fragrances with a warm charisma very pleasant. Goldea smells warm. Although I know that heat itself does not smell, I imagine the smell of heat. Not humid-warm, not winter-room-warm, but rather sunbeam-warm. This warmth drowned out all other scents for me:

- Flowery? After jasmine and ylang-ylang? Maybe I don't notice anything.
- Fruity with raspberry? No chance.

The fragrance is more of an overall composition than the interplay of several individual components. Goldea is quite perceptible and holds out quite well.

Something, however, gives the fragrance a good portion of sweetness. This remains from beginning to end and is very annoying for me. The sweetness takes away the lightness of the fragrance. Therefore: no purchase candidate!

Nevertheless, the sample now lies open and becomes more and more empty. Then the Westphalian in me comes forward again - it would be a disgrace.

Cleopatra?
The reason I have a decant of this relatively new perfume is that a brand rep came behind the Guerlain counter when I was there and walked by, holding this bottle. It's a beauty so it did catch my attention. When I asked what it was, he didn't say Goldea, that I recall. He started talking about Cleopatra, said the bottle mimicked the crown Liz Taylor wore in the movie. So that's the name that stuck. I kept searching our database and online for Cleopatra by Bulgari and didn't find it. Tonight I picked up the vial and tried to make out the scrawl on the hand-applied label. Ah, Goldea! It's in our database. So why was he telling me about Cleopatra, which I think would have been a much better name. Perhaps because he knows the name Goldea is a dud. Or maybe they originally planned that connection, but abandoned it. Hmmm....let me take a look at the attached video. Oh, okay, it has Isabeli Fontana walking up a pyramid wearing a snake necklace and bracelet. Now I get it, but I do think it's misnamed.

What does it smell like? To me, many Bvlgari sents have a waxy, synthetic note--something that threatens to choke me or close my nose if I smell too long. Jasmin Noir is an exception, as I recall. This one is more like the Bvlgaria Omnia scent I bought but will never wear. Goldea is not candyish like my Omnia is, the notes are potentially lovely, including the Egyptian papyrus that's strong in the base. I just think Bvlgari needs to use a bigger percentage of natural ingredients, or use better synthetics than they do.

For those not nasally afflicted by Bvlgaris, this is a warm, mature oriental. Goldea vaguely reminds me of J'Adore, but this is a better fragrance, IMO.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Bright, light and flowery-musky, it's a pleasant but not special scent. The high price is justified only by the precious bottle

Goldea von Bulgari
by Chnokfir

Popular Bvlgari

Le Gemme - Veridia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Nylaia by Bvlgari Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Calaluna by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Tygar by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black Essence by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ashlemah by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Rubinia by Bvlgari Splendida - Rose Rose by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Black Orient by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black All Blacks Limited Edition by Bvlgari Splendida - Iris d'Or by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme Extrême by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ambero by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Splendida - Tubereuse Mystique by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari