Jasmin Noir (2008) Eau de Parfum

Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari
Bottle Design: Thierry de Baschmakoff

Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Bvlgari for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-woody. It was last marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesGardenia, Green plant juice
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac absolute, Almond
Base Notes Base NotesPrecious woods, Licorice, Tonka bean absolute

Submitted by Sani, last update on 13.08.2019

7.0/10

Inoffensive, but Intriguing
Perhaps a little too much gardenia for my tastes in this perfectly inoffensive Jasmine, though it's not the kind of thing that stops traffic. For that you'd need Creed's Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie which, in my experience, is impossible for a passer-near to ignore. Maybe the plant juice is the problem and what in the world is glycyrrhiza? Looking it up. Liquorice, or a relative. Yes, I get a faint whiff. Projection's not terrific and ten minutes later I barely smell it, so it's no sillage monster. Jasmin Noir IS accomplished, mind you. It's maker, Bvlgari, is principally a jeweler, of course, decorating fabled ears, necks, hands and fingers with exquisite creations for over 130 years. The founder, Sotirio Bulgari was a Greek silversmith who settled in Rome and, inspired by the Spanish Steps, created art in gems and gold. No way they'd put out a truly bad perfume. Here, the gardenia and plant juice settle down as it dries, letting the woods, almond and tonka take over and blend with the Jasmine. Glad I have it. It's sophisticated and warm, even intriguing, but I do seek the glorious reek. For me, this isn't it.
7.5 5.0 8.0/10

Dalmajen
Night Blooming Jasmine, a walk down memory lane...
I can't understand why I put it off so long, before purchasing this lovely fragrance. In fact, I had purchased it twice, for gifts, before I realized just how much I needed to add it to my little collection. The Jasmine is just what I have been searching for. I always have the memory of a wonderful night blooming jasmine flowering vine, which I had in my garden in New Zealand, when I lived there. It is almost identical, and not at all overwhelming.
The opening of this perfume is slightly sharp..not unpleasant, but a green sharpness. I wouldn't like this to continue throughout the whole wearing, and it doesn't, fortunately. To me, the heart notes and the dry down are a great team, performing together perfectly. This is not a loud fragrance, it is a really soft jasmine cloud. The touch of almond adds a nice twist. It is a very recognizable fragrance. I have identified it numerous times, and even though the sillage is very good, it doesn't scream for attention. It is almost like a lovely floating, vibrant colored chiffon scarf. I think the woody dry down is very balanced. This is the type of jasmine I really enjoy. It's a wonderful fragrance, for a trip down memory lane!

Huggy feely and casual
I do not get the deep dark sophisticated jasmine from this, like so many people do. But what I do get is no less enjoyable:
On my skin it is a smooth, mellow jasmine, light enough to wear in close proximity, but substantial enough to be noticed. Perfectly inoffensive, the almond note gives it a soft, cuddly feel, while the gardenia allows a certain upper class aura to permeate the scent.
The general impression is one of casual luxury, think pure cashmere pajamas and stealing time away from work while taking it easy at home: the rest of the world will just have to wait!
In the dry down, this becomes more and more like a skin scent, very little sillage, it hovers very close with the warmth of your skin.
10.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Lola82
All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close up''.
A Romantic Cynic setting in the 1930's and 40's sitting with a martini
on right hand and a cigarette on your right in a darken projection room
the smoke is visible though the projection light and hating yourself
on the silver Screen
that's the notes on this perfume
bring out to me

By the words of Miss Gloria Swanson

All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close up'
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

A Little Black Dress In A Bottle
It's not a cheap scent (monetary wise) but, you can smell that too. It's a lush jasmine scent, as you would smell floating through an exotic garden on an evening walk.
The gardenia is a very complementary note, helping to lift the jasmine up. The tonka-bean gives it a soft, warm allure. A hint of almond (and I smell vanilla too!) make it a wonderful powdery and sexy fragrance.

Something to wear for that special date when you want to take no 'prisoners' and leave no doubt that you are a sexy, elegant woman. A scent for all those special occasions where you want to exude class, style and sex appeal. Jasmine in its most sexy little black dress, the black bottle suit this normally innocent white flower, she is dressed up with intentions.

A wonderful Bvlgari and a must sample, if only once; but on the skin if you can, this scent loves body-heat and unfolds gradually and sensually. Wonderful silage & longevity. A sexy favorite.
7.5 5.0 6.0/10

An over-hyped jasmine
I had heard so many people rave about this scent prior to testing it. I had really hoped that I would be raving too, unfortunately this was not so.

I really wanted to experience that warm, smokey, musky jasmine that everyone has been talking about, yet all I got was a predictable and fleeting blend of gardenia and jasmine which really didn't surprise or amaze me in the least.

Sure, Jasmin Noir is a nice, pleasant, inoffensive scent, yet for me it didn't push too many boundaries. I wanted elegance and style, just like the bottle conveyed, but I was surprised by how light and short lasting this fragrance turned out to be.

I'm afraid I can't hold back on my disappointment. Jasmin Noir is neither mysterious, dark, alluring or intriguing. I'm really not impressed.

Trucklady 156 days ago
Jasmne, almond and tonka simply don't work as a team.
Cym 14 months ago
Hilariously misnamed perfume. Not at all noir, and I cannot detect any jasmine at all - just a light musk with dry almond and wood notes.+2
Jazzy76 18 months ago
Good and feminin , there's no doubt....but I was expecting more. The sillage isn't strong and the Jasmine notes aren't enough noticeable+2

by Zelena
by Hufing
by Thornyrose
by Thornyrose

Popular Bvlgari

Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Coral (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme Marine (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Petits et Mamans by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Extreme by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bvlgari Omnia Green Jade by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bvlgari