Le Gemme - Malakeos 2016

Le Gemme - Malakeos by Bvlgari
Le Gemme - Malakeos is a popular perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2016. The scent is woody-green. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Geranium, Lavender, Oakmoss, Musk, Gaiac wood

Submitted by CPL, last update on 07.11.2020.

Flanker
If you want to pee with the big dogs..
...should also be able to lift the leg. Regarding the pricing of the Le Gemme series, I have to admit, a certain fragrance image as well as prejudices in my head:

- Flacons with precious stones on the lid
- High quality ingredients
- Much helps a lot - often rather opulent fragrances for certain occasions
- Poor availability
- Partly more (money)bill than his

Point 1 would be already fulfilled in the Le Gemme series. Quote: "Malakeos - The shining gemstone is a symbol of splendour and abundance Whereby malachite shines neither passively nor actively and strictly speaking is not a gemstone. Schnitzel Wiener Art is also not prepared with veal, which explains the price difference. Point 5 is therefore also fulfilled as far as the bottle is concerned. Last but not least, of course, you have to search for sources of supply and may end up in a Bulgari boutique. Of course with prior appointment (point 4).

So after you have paid a considerable bag of gold coins for a sample, the account is reduced and the anticipation increases. The spray finger moves shakily and reverently towards the spray head. No, stop! First sniff the said spraying unit (because the original sample is used).
The first impression captivates by a short Ähh, closely followed by a long ooooh and at the same time mistrust in the stomach area. So very different from what I thought.

I spray, still full of anticipation, the scent on my wrist, wait, wait and nose on it.
What my nostrils achieved at the same time were the following 2 impressions. 1. Like, tilted? 2. You know him!
I could have sworn off vervain/moss in the prelude. I only know this station wagon from Irish Tweed and also here I thought at first that the scent was tilted. A green-bitter note blows towards me, which irritates me personally, but does not completely deter me. In the case of Green Irish Tweed, olfactory transitions are then visible. In the case of malakeos I do not perceive transitions but musk. Admittedly the combination is interesting. I like musk. However, I can only wear a few musky scents over a longer period of time, as they seem too monotonous in the long run. With Malakeos the green prelude burns up a little bit, but it stays in the background until the base. Musk appears very present after about 30 minutes, but due to various very present fragrance molecule pillars, it appears spicy and yet slightly penetrating. This impression also makes it impossible for me to identify lavender in the fragrance. And also with Malakeos it was already that with the fragrance for me. Even though this malachite proves to be persistent, the radiance is, fortunately, very moderate and that is a good thing.

My initial, positive impression had thus changed relatively quickly into the opposite. I would also like to make an honest, personal comparison with regard to the fragrance character. Even though I don't want to offend anyone here. Otto-Kern Signature Men makes no secret of its synthetics, comes without gemstone and the 50ml cost less than 15€. In my eyes, the two are quite similar in character. In the medium term, however, the packaging material used for the 21 Otto Kern bottles will certainly cost more than a small Malakeos.

So if you have the necessary change on the high kannte and like the scent, please take it without a guilty conscience and enjoy having something special in the collection! I treat you to it from the bottom of my perfumed heart. I for my part have lost money through the test but under the bite, gained insight
Here's my mountain!
If the intense green of malachite - which you feel in nature - is supposed to remind you of the healing power, the well-being and the lush green of the endless coniferous forests of the Urals - then, yes, you are right here, if you like it fresh, lavendery, green-woody and perhaps you are looking for a Fougére that is modern and timeless at the same time...

Recently I was struck by a sudden blow during sampling (the olfactory one)! If "Orage" was the (green) discovery 2018 for me - since then I have been actively living with you here and thank you very emphatically for any help, tips and simply outstandingly nice contacts - another fresh green should be added in 2019.

Mr. Dublee - thank you very much! - recently sent me some samples. "Malakeos! Add to your shopping cart, the "Le Gemmes" have been laughing at you for a long time and Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud has finally produced "your" orage."

I can already tell you now that the first spray really won't knock you down, maybe one or the other perfume will wonder what is so outstanding about the fragrance!?

Well, I may not know it myself. He's just exactly what I was looking for. Malakeos is without lemon freshness, is quite traditional on #fougére and puts the whole thing on a modern pedestal, newly interpreted. Maybe by my sensation of dry coolness. Maybe that's the best way to describe it. Russian Ural forest coolness in the sunshine!
I wasn't in the woods of the Urals yet, but I took a look at some pictures. Awakening associations: "Juicy needles, steaming mosses, heather leaning in the wind". Sensually green plant freshness. Could be the barbershop, of course. Or shaving cream. Shaving foam with lavender - unsweet-fresh, a little greenwood on the back.

In my statement I also wrote quite lyrically "there's a river, here's my mountain." Jo, if I look at the bottle and weigh it in my hand, it'll bring more than a pound of hack to the virtual valuation scale. What a klutz. Beautiful: The spray head itself atomizes wonderfully. 3rd place after Vuitton and Dior. And for Lars: things are magnetic! No. Yes! Ohhh!

I have found my Green 2019, this time a quite classically set up, very versatile portable. "Here my mountain"!

VmasterVmaster 3 years ago
A lavender whose sharp edges are very nicely toned down with a musky/moss accord. Well made!

for Fresh
by Atanarjuat

Popular Bvlgari

Le Gemme - Nylaia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Tygar by Bvlgari Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Calaluna by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ambero by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Black Orient by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black Essence by Bvlgari Splendida - Rose Rose by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ashlemah by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Veridia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Rubinia by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Gyan by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme Extrême by Bvlgari Splendida - Iris d'Or by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black All Blacks Limited Edition by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari