Rose Essentielle (2005) Eau de Parfum

Rose Essentielle (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari
Bottle Design: Thierry de Baschmakoff

Rose Essentielle (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Bvlgari for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-powdery. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesTurkish rose, Blackberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose prélude
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 03.10.2019

9.0 6.0 8.0 9.5/10

My name is Pinar...
My name is Pinar and I am proud of the name my father chose for me on the day I was born. He tells me again and again what it was like when he held me in his arms for the first time and how he looked into my wrinkled and very lively face and exclaimed: "Pinar! She should be called Pinar, for she resembles a fresh, bubbling spring of water." Allegedly my eyes flashed at him wildly and my mouth twisted to a wide smile when I saw him. Just like me, my father loves poetry, and he writes poems himself. In his poetry he used the Turkish word for "water source" or "source of life" many times before and that became my name.

My father and I are similar, because we love poetry in words and even more in nature, where it is painted so vividly before our eyes every day. We live in the Taurus Mountains in a small village at an altitude of 1600 meters, not far from Isparta, the famous city of roses. I am really proud of my village and every year I look forward especially to the months of April and May, because in these weeks we watch the weather very closely and look at the roses every day. Early in the morning we climb the slopes up to our own rose hills, which father had already planted a long time ago. As soon as the roses bud stronger and before their pink flowers open, we start picking. Therefore we get up very early and at dusk we go to our roses to tear off as fast as possible every single flower that is about to open with our hands. It is important to pick them before the rising sun, otherwise the flowers will dry out and are worth nothing to us. I am very fast because I enjoy the work, especially because we are all together, my two brothers, my father and me. And as we squeeze through the thorny hedges, we sing our songs. On good days I manage 3 or even 4 bags, which I then drag myself to the van where everything is collected.

Our small village is very important during the weeks of May and all this only because of our beautiful roses, the Damascena. In those days our village is filled with its scent. A deep, full fragrance that envelops the whole area. I love it, this sweet, honey-like smell and in some years you can smell a little lemon and even almonds. My father says these are the best harvest years, then we'd get more money for every sack. This fine special spice produces a very elegant, sensual perfume that is sought after all over the world. It not only smells warm and honey-like and beguilingly sweet, but at the same time something in it reminds one of mother's delicious almond biscuits and also of the large lemon groves that begin just behind the rose gardens. My father recently said that this year he even smelled something harsh like thyme and something fruity like the blackberry scent in our Damascena.

Our Turkish roses are something special, but not only because of their fragrance, which is full of dark, unfathomable spices, but also because of their rich colours. Already in April our village is immersed in a wonderful sea of colours. These countless dark pink swabs which line our rose slopes begin to glow and shine as soon as the sun of the evening is lower and magically transforms our rose gardens into something magical. And then I look forward to the preparations for our annual Rose Festival, where the people from the neighbouring villages, who have also worked on the Rose Hills, come together. This year our village is hosting the festival and again there is a lot to do.

Even though the scent of roses is only a breath, something fleeting, this time of rose blossom is still engraving itself deeper and deeper in my heart and every year I look forward to this time with our Damascena.

Thank you, dear Sven - once again you sent me a perfume treasure with your sample of 'Rose Essentielle' *-*
5.0/10

Too Similar to POUR FEMME
I wanted ROSE ESSENTIELLE to be different enough from BVLGARI POUR FEMME to warrant buying a bottle, but the two are too similar after only 15 minutes. That said, both dry down beautifully (and the same), and smell gorgeous on clothes. But if you own one, you basically own the other.
10.0 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Closer to Scent Gloss than to Bvlgari pour Femme
Initially I was quite pleased with my acquisition of Bvlgari ROSE ESSENTIELLE. I ordered a large tester bottle of the edp scent unsniffed because I am a huge fan of the original BVLGARI POUR FEMME and had read that there were overlaps between the two. And there are. The rose and the violet and the mimosa, for starters.

However, there are also differences. ROSE ESSENTIELLE has a much more synthetic feeling. In some ways, I find it closer to Costume National SCENT GLOSS than to BVLGARI POUR FEMME. This synthetic quality becomes especially marked when I liberally apply ROSE ESSENTIELLE, at which point I begin to feel a bit as I do when I over apply MISS BOUCHERON. In both cases, what starts as a likeable perfume starts to become somewhat irritating to my lungs.

I do think that the synthetic quality is not gratuitous--as with the perfumes of Costume National, there is an artistic point to this. The concept of an abstract rose looms large in this composition. Still, I would caution those who are sensitive to synthetic florals to try before they buy.
5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Inexpensive bouquet of roses
What a glorious rose! I definitely did not expect to find a rose scent of this calibre from such a well-known, mainstream brand. Rose Essentielle is pure loveliness.

Being absolutely perfect for Spring and Summer wear, this is a sweet and slightly powdery take on a pretty, pink rose note. Classy, feminine and smooth, each and every note in this composition works in unison.

With most rose scents, the rose note tends to become too sharp and somewhat tart-like throughout the fragrance's development. In the case of Rose Essentielle, this is not an issue. This fragrance is easy to wear and effortlessly pretty. It's lightness and subtle berry sweetness only adds to its widespread appeal.

Initially this fragrance goes on rather strong, with a rich, jammy rose, highlighted by the berry notes and the violet. After a few hours the scent settles into a delicate, powdery rose, which is thankfully not the soapy kind.

Lady-like, refined and romantic, this fragrance encouraged me to get in touch with my feminine side. The lasting strength is very good, especially for that of such a soft, light fragrance. I can see Rose Essentielle being worn well in every season, both casually and formally. It has just the right amount of realistic roses and complexity to make this fragrance absolutely outstanding.

Powder Rose
Starts as a powdery rose.
The Rose fades and more powder moves in.
When the powder becomes bored and moves on the rose finds its way out again.

Lasted over 12 hours on me and I am STILL smelling the (powdery) rose!

Der Rose süßer Duft genügt, man braucht sie nicht zu brechen. Und wer sich mit dem Duft begnügt, den wird ihr Dorn nicht stechen. (Friedrich von Bodenstedt, 1819-1892)
du bist kostbar
by Santalwalti
Dass jede Rose Dornen hat, scheint mir kein Grund zum Klagen. Solange uns die Dornen nur auch weiter Rosen tragen. (Mascha Kaléko) • Rosa Zwerg Rugosa
by EauMySoul
by Momo63
by Hufing
by Hufing

Popular Bvlgari

Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Coral (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme Marine (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Petits et Mamans by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Extreme by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bvlgari Omnia Green Jade by Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bvlgari