Aqva Amara 2014Eau de Toilette

Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari
Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2014. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It was last marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 02

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian mandarin orange, Tunisian neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesAquatic notes, Mineral notes
Base Notes Base NotesIndonesian patchouli, Frankincense

Submitted by Michael, last update on 26.02.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is Spanish model Jon Kortajarena.

Directly caught
He caught me right away.

I have rarely smelled such a coherent, timeless masculine summer fragrance, from the designer segment, as Aqva Amara. In fact, I had him never really on the screen until the dear Mr. J. He often mentions in his videos. Since I have often been lulled by dear Mr. J., and was disappointed, I asked another perfume lover (greetings go out to Steffen) for advice before buying, which confirmed to me that the fragrance is really fantastic. So I thought to myself quickly order another bottle before it's entgültig no longer there. Immediately after the first spray after opening the packaging, the scent has me so violently catched that I fell in love directly. This tangerine in combination with the tart slightly bitter notes makes the scent simply very unique. I am always surprised that some designer fragrances manage to pick me up, unfortunately there will be this one soon less and less and also the prices will probably go through the roof. How so one sets such a great fragrance, I will never understand. Despite everything, I hope to be able to put maybe somewhere 1-2 bottles in stock, I think that will be my summer fragrance for 2021. Let's hope that I may also take him out and that people may sniff him even without a mask times. H/S I find for such a fresh fragrance from the designer area perfectly fine. Have him easily perceived 7-8 hours on me, projection was certainly also 6 hours well present.
Mediterranean in oval bottle
Aquatic smoky fragrance with medium durability. Definitely on the masculine side but from the scent progression very simply built.
Sillage also rather low.
The flacon pleases me very well and also the spray head is absolutely fine.
For the price of about 35€ nevertheless an absolutely passable fragrance.
The power of the ocean
This fragrance is made for hot days. Actually, it was a blind purchase at the time, but I have never regretted it until today. As far as I know, it has become quite difficult to get hold of Aqva Amara, so I am even happier to have bought it a few years ago.

When it's really warm outside and other fragrances don't work, I always use this perfume.

Aqva Amara starts with tangerine and then changes relatively quickly to aquatic and maritime notes. The fragrance is not really citrusy for me, which is not too bad. But it is very fresh and interestingly tart and bitter, which is meant positively.

When you use it, you don't feel like you've used perfume. It's not a bit pushy, but floats along with you like a second skin and is still very perceptible (if you understand what I mean). Also, Aqva Amara is quite unique and long-lasting. There are few scents that smell similar and even fewer people who have the scent.

So if there's still a chance to get a bottle, I'd take it

My summer no 1
This was a love at first sniff for me.
Aqva Amara - translates to bitter water.
The first thing that caught my attention was the bottle it is stunning the golden/bronzy colour how it looks like a pebble or drop of water just drew me in even now every time im trying to decide what to wear it catches my eye and always i must smell it and marvel at this glorious creation.
Onto the scent its self,firstly there are two important facets to this for me the first its very masculine and piercing imo and it is better in the air vs when you smell it off your own skin, now onto the scent.
It opens cirtus heavy the manderin is very strong off the top its juicy,ever so slightly bitter vibrant and uplifting just takes you up a level, closely follows it is the neroli which softens it slightly and gives it class and maturity imo.
Then its true inspiration comes to the fore you can see this is the little brother of the original Aqva pour homme its unmistakable the aquatic nature of it which screams summer at the beach imo, not to say that it cant be worn any other time.
Then the drydown you get that masculine edge as i said in the beginning from the patchouli and the frankincense which imo are not extremely heavy but give it a darker mysterious base but by no means does it come across heavy and cloying in the heat.
To sum this scent up i love this it stays fresh clean and masculine throughout i enjoy every stage of its progression and it brings a smile to my face and uplifts my mood everytime i wear or smell it.
One of the most impressive things about this for me apart from the scent is the performance.
I have two bottles one 50ml and one 100ml both are 2014 batches so i cant comment on the newer ones before this gem was discontinued ( why they did this is beyond me ) and it is extremly potent, anything more than three sprays and its choking people in indoor situations, outdoors i go with five and people can smell me from a couple of meters away and it lasts 8-9 hours before it sits close on my skin.
Extremely impressive to say the least.
And as far as situations to wear in high heat it is an absolute winner for me but i have also worn this in formal situations and it has worked i feel the neroli patchouli and the frankincense help there they give it some class and it is definitely strong enough to push through the cold, i havent tested in the dead of winter but Autumn no probs at all.
All in all i love this scent its probably my favourite summer scent out of everything i have i always go back to it there is just something that reasonates with me. Obviously everthing is subject to opinion but if you havent smelt this and you can get a sample and you enjoy it and are able to find a bottle i urge you to not sleep on it as it is getting hard to find.
Hope this finds everybody well
Either freshly pressed or - Amara
Now I'm a big fan of lemon, lime and bergamot and I'm always chasing the sour-tangy scents. But anyway - the comments so far have made me curious, tangerine, tart, sunny...so ordered Amara...funny bottle but also a bit difficult to place. Sprayed on and...astonishingly fresh if not really citric, astonishingly tart and all that without bergamot. I would call it a soft fresh with super durability. The fragrance changes little with time, but has amazing nuances. Quite a bit unusual. The tangerine is already overripe, slightly acidic, but a good balance between tart and fruity. Neroli goes well with it without standing out too dominantly. Maritime is supported by a slightly salty note and complements itself perfectly with the slight warmth of patchouli. I am really enthusiastic about this really exciting composition that knows how to surprise. And since fresh scents often fly away too quickly, everyone here has a real performer among the newcomers...
Great summer scent
Beautiful masculine summer scent that combines citrus and maritime notes well. For me it is number 2 behind Chanel allure Edition Blanche in summer. Unfortunately aqva amara is no longer produced and there are only remnants left. Regarding the fragrance itself, you can really perceive all the listed ingredients. Very well composed. In the beginning strong tangerine. Shortly afterwards, the aquatic and mineral notes emerge. But the tangerine remains in the background and you can smell it until the end. For me the best of the line
A Sicilian memory
Intro - My memory
----------------
A sunny day at the end of November in southern Sicily. There are only few clouds in the sky, the sun warms and a gusty wind cools me down again. It is the birthday of my father, who died half a year before. During a hike through a deserted and quiet nature reserve, directly by the sea and accompanied by my best friend, I remember this day - in harmony with myself and nature. The spray of the sea sprays fine salt water on our skin again and again, which is dried again by the wind. Our way leads through the grove of an organic citrus fruit plantation. Some oranges (or mandarins?) are still hanging from the trees to the left, ripe lemons to the right. With a slightly guilty conscience we steal a lemon, cut it into four pieces and bite into it for refreshment. The dried salt our skin mixes in the scent of the lemon and the oranges on the trees that now surround us.
This is the memory I have every time I apply Aqva Amara. I thank this memory and this fragrance that makes this memory so alive again and again.

The inner picture before your eyes
-----------------------------------
Detached from my very personal memories, I associate this fragrance with a beautiful sunny day in spring and summer, perhaps also on a warm autumn day. The inner picture before my eyes shows me a southern country - Italy, Spain, Portugal. The person who wears the fragrance is dressed casually but very elegantly. The fragrance gives its wearer a fresh, cultivated and noble aura. One likes to stay close to this fragrance, but he does not want to be applied too intensively. It is not a fragrance that I would associate with overly extroverted appearance, rather with a balanced serenity. Maybe that's why I see this fragrance in its potential more in leisure time, but it can be worn here and there in the office. I also understand that the fragrance seems more made for the male gender, but I see it more as a unisex scent. A woman who is feminine but not distinctly girlish, who knows what she's worth and who likes to dress casually but very stylishly: yes, I can imagine this fragrance very well on the female sex.

The smell
------------
:: Opening: Right at the beginning it opens with a wonderfully pleasant mixture of freshly pressed, slightly overripe mandarins and oranges (or neroli), provided with a clear, but at first remaining aquatic note in the background. At the very beginning I smell something like grated lemon peel in the background, but it disappears very quickly. The fruity notes dominate the prelude, but the mixture of the mineral and aquatic notes soon catch them again and in my opinion never give the fragrance such a distinct aquatic freshness, which is often found in other fragrances in this profession. In its opening one can enjoy a "youth" through the slightly bitter neroli/mandarin scents, which give the fragrance something very lively.
:: Drydown: The frankincense and the somewhat undefined mineral notes ground the fragrance and give Aqva Amara its noble touch, its character. The fragrance becomes noticeably "calmer", which occurs about half an hour to an hour after the opening. The fruity notes of the opening fade more and more into the background, but never get lost - not even until the end. They merge into a fragrance harmony, as in a symphony.
:: Haltbarket & Sillage: I consider the durability to be very good, but it should not be shorter. For me this is about 8 hours on the skin and a little longer on the clothes. Amara is not a Sillage bomb, it is rather discreetly noticed after about 1-2 hours. After about 4-5 hours it is still perceptible for people who come closer than an arm length ;-)
:: Season & Occasion: Of course the fragrance is primarily at home in summer and also in spring. Here it shows its effect with bravura. But also for a beautiful and/or warm autumn day it fits well, I think. I wouldn't even advise against wearing it in winter - here the question is, for whom do you wear a fragrance? If you wear the fragrance for yourself and your well-being, you will certainly find days in winter that make it the ideal companion. I can well imagine it also on a winter day when I want to let the sun shine "inwardly".
In general, one can call the fragrance already versatile: I would not wear it for going out or clubbing, but otherwise it can be a good companion in the evening. His domicile is for me, however, rather the day, especially in my free time, but also very good in the office.

My conclusion
--------------
An unbelievably well done fragrance, which builds a beautiful bridge between fresh and aquatic and also more elegant fragrances. One of the few, I think, who builds this bridge masterfully.
Not everyone will like this "bridge" (but this is usually the case with fragrances). It is certainly not made for the masses, but rather something individual. So it's not necessarily everybody's darling, none of those fragrances where you could say that there's nobody who doesn't like it. But that's another thing I really like about him and that's something I think is very desirable, especially for perfumes. Maybe it's the other side of course, that's why such great fragrances will be discontinued (soon).
I advise anyone who has the opportunity to test it not to let this chance pass - if only to experience an olfactory moment of pleasure.
I wouldn't want to miss this fragrance and if it hadn't been invented, it would still have to be discovered. However, sometime when my bottle runs out, I will have to say goodbye to it. Until then, I'll enjoy it and remember it forever

P.S.: If you liked my first comment, or if you have constructive criticism about it, feel free to comment on it - I would be happy to do so.
Bitter Sweet Symphony
There Mr. Cavalier has once again conjured up magic. As a fan of his creations, I must also express some praise for this fragrance. Mr. Cavalier is a master of his trade when it comes to getting to the heart of a fragrance with few ingredients. In addition, it is unique and long-lasting. This was the case with Emporio Armani Diamnonds, Diesel's Feul For Live and now also Aqva Amara. All of them I have or had in my collection. Aqua Amara was a blind buy I don't regret. It didn't last long in the beginning, but as with many fragrances, time determines maturity. After approx. 2 months it now lasts very long and enchants me literally while wearing it. But unlike other users here, I only associate this fragrance with the ocean to a limited extent. At the beginning it is too bitter and too sweet at the back. But what does not disturb in any case!

About the scent itself... Aqva Amara starts with a whole basket of bitter oranges that might directly deter one or the other. At first, the bitterness is indeed a bit intense, but it quickly settles on a salty mineral bed of watery freshness. This is where the fragrance comes into play in combination with a slight sweetish touch of incense. At this stage, Aqva Amara is a symphony of fruity, fresh and subtle sweetness with depth through the patchouli. Towards the end, the salty aquatic loses its salty character and then remains sweet and slightly warm, with a certain creaminess.

The shelf life is exaggeratedly good for an "Aquaten" and is present well over 8h. The sillage is 1-2h good after that but still very well perceptible.

I can only partially rate the bottle, because I have the 30ml version, where the bottle is slim and can be placed. Nevertheless I like the normal one, which has the shape of a water drop. I think it's chic!

Finally it remains to say that Cavalier succeeded here with Aqva Amara an ingenious throw. Once again he has managed to convince me with his minimalism and his ingenuity. Who would like to smell particularly and above all elegantly freshly, this smell should treat itself absolutely or test it at least once. A masterpiece in front of the gentleman and definitely one of my favourite scents for the summer.
Jln20
When you have found its scent
The bitter tangerine...
Loving, cheerful, entertaining
and sad at the same time, melancholic
the blue-green sea...
Trust and hope and infinite time,
Backgrounds that nobody can see through
and
the transience of beauty
The crashing surf ...
breaks through the rock and washes it out in copper colors
Smoke on the water...
White signal steam, campfire illuminates the gout on the beach while the last rays of sunshine on the bush let the young tangerines ripen
The power of the sea
My personal review on the power of the sea.

I first discovered the fragrance with my girlfriend while strolling around. Quite inconspicuously this drop bottle stood in the corner. I smelled it and thought to myself simply WOW! Hahahahahahaha which scent could be more aqeous than the sea itself. I had a picture of a ship's boatman who has to catch fish out in the sea and then sell them at the Hamburg fish market. A fragrance for real men.

Durability and silage is really extraordinary with this fragrance. Durability easily exceeds 6-12 hours during warm to hot temperatures. Sillage is noticeable in any case. However, because the scent is more in the nish direction, it is not a crowdpleaser so don't expect 10 compliments. For the everyday life or the office super suitable. But for party I would rather use a different fragrance!

The Tunisian Neroli also lifts the fragrance from the classic Aqua di Giorgio. Sad is the news that the fragrance is no longer produced apparently :(

EinsteinvEinsteinv 3 months ago
Dirty orange on battery acid, insanely long lasting.
MikeMikeMikeMike 5 months ago
Summer with the papper - Nice, brave, spicy summer scent.
DPArtistDPArtist 8 months ago
Foul (or is that fowl?!) stuff, smells like egg white, sprinkled with white pepper. Fantastic bottle, extremely over-hyped fragrance.
VmitsopoulosVmitsopoulos 1 year ago
Love this juice perfect for the summer it is an absolute beast highly recommend
AithanAithan 1 year ago
I mainly get bitter orange scent all over. Get the image of cocktail mixing.
Performance is above average.
Quite similar to Terre d'Hermes.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Strange but agreeable! Sour but fresh! Citrusy but aquatic! You may hate it or love it, but it is undoubtedly different, unique and nice!
GolcherGolcher 2 years ago
Jeremy Fragrance called it “the strength of the ocean” and no wonder why he’s a guru. This is fragrance evokes the sea with citrus hints
DavidBrazDavidBraz 2 years ago
Its a synthetic, citrus and aquatic smell with an impressive performance that reminds me hot summer days. Like it a lot! Dont over trigger!
RocendrollRocendroll 2 years ago
3.5
[Nie] Totalnie mi nie pasuje. Odświeżający, ale jest w nim coś co tak mnie obrzydza, że nie mogę go wąchać.
AmberScentAmberScent 3 years ago
Damned bitter, fresh, synthetic, alluring, sweet, citrusy, spicy, fruity, agreable, refreshing, cheap smelling, gorgeous bottle fragrance.

by VanAllan
by NasiGoreng
by MyKosmo
by MyKosmo

Popular Bvlgari

Le Gemme - Nylaia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Calaluna by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Tygar by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Veridia by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Black Orient by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black Essence by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ashlemah by Bvlgari Splendida - Rose Rose by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Gyan by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ambero by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Rubinia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Kobraa by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black All Blacks Limited Edition by Bvlgari Splendida - Iris d'Or by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme Extrême by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Splendida - Tubereuse Mystique by Bvlgari