Aqva Amara (2014)Eau de Toilette

Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari

Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2014. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It was last marketed by LVMH.
Scent goes well with Aventus (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian mandarin, Tunisian neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesAquatic notes, Mineral notes
Base Notes Base NotesIndonesian patchouli, Frankincense

Submitted by Michael, last update on 03.06.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is Spanish model Jon Kortajarena.

The power of the sea
My personal review on the power of the sea.

I first discovered the fragrance with my girlfriend while strolling around. Quite inconspicuously this drop bottle stood in the corner. I smelled it and thought to myself simply WOW! Hahahahahahaha which scent could be more aqeous than the sea itself. I had a picture of a ship's boatman who has to catch fish out in the sea and then sell them at the Hamburg fish market. A fragrance for real men.

Durability and silage is really extraordinary with this fragrance. Durability easily exceeds 6-12 hours during warm to hot temperatures. Sillage is noticeable in any case. However, because the scent is more in the nish direction, it is not a crowdpleaser so don't expect 10 compliments. For the everyday life or the office super suitable. But for party I would rather use a different fragrance!

The Tunisian Neroli also lifts the fragrance from the classic Aqua di Giorgio. Sad is the news that the fragrance is no longer produced apparently :(
Chizza
Freshness for the motor boat trip
The exciting thing about summer scents is that there is diversity. There are those who have dedicated themselves to fresh citrus scents, there are those who prefer the Mediterranean beach backdrop. There are also mixed forms or completely different approaches. Green Irish Tweed has one in it and in my eyes - not to be compared with GIT of course - so does Aqva Amara.
It starts with what many here say. The tangerine and the neroli form a bitter and fruity pair, like the first dive into the sea after a long time. I just mean the feeling, not the smell itself. For many people, Aqva Amara seems metallic and this is probably due to the mineral and aquatic notes described. Therefore Aqva Amara does not make me travel to the beach and dive into the cool water, no. I rather see myself here on a boat, splashing spray while driving through the sea, the sun hits the boat and the boat feels accordingly. Hot, it's as if this heat from the boat itself is olfactorically tangible, mixing with the cool wet. Then there is the bitter citric, for me that is Aqva Amara.

But at the same time it is also a fragrance that I can only give myself in warm to hot weather. If it is cooler, the fragrance loses its flair and without it it is relatively unspectacular and linear. Therefore also my evaluation. But since we are currently in spring, he made it out of the box with the unused scents
Uncompromising
A lot has been said about the scent. But I'm wearing it right now and I still think that not everything has been said. I find this fragrance extremely likeable, because it makes absolutely no compromises:

- Mandarin in all facets, sourish and also heavy, almost rotten sweetness
- no "light breeze aquatic"
- quasi no scent gradient
- absolutely unsuitable in the office, this is a fragrance for the beach (... or balconies)
- in my opinion you should really only wear it with a casual-elegant summer outfit
- radiates irrepressible self-confidence, especially because it is not a crowdpleaser and the sillage is strong
- almost obtrusive durability
- highly impractical bottle

This fragrance is a statement, certainly not pleasing. This is niche. Test it before you buy. You love it or you hate it. I love it.
LeGourmetNRW
The citric mandarin grove at the ocean
i was looking for a companion for balmy summer evenings on the rocky coast of Ischia and wore this representative of the art of fragrance for a longer time.

My opinion about this fragrance has changed a lot over time.

I bought Amara because of the good price-performance ratio and because I liked the old Aqua of Bulgari already during my studies.

Amara opens with the sweetness and also acidity of the mandarin and the aqua typical "freshness kick" of the ocean.
I feel the fragrance in the heart and base note when this freshness kick evaporates when sprayed on is as sour fruit. Yes, the acidity paired with a slight sweetness of tangerine dominates the whole fragrance and makes it unfortunately one-dimensional for me.
The durability on my skin is good to very good and it lasts 7-9 hours on the skin but only there.
The Sillage with me as well as with my circle of acquaintances who I let try it was very weak. The scent can be smelled for 1 hour during a normal spraying process, after that only in the intimate zone, i.e. on the skin/garment, can be perceived.
Like the Aqua, the bottle is a drop of water that takes up a lot of space in the perfume cabinet (the 100ml version), but is visually appealing due to its simplicity.

In general, I find that for around 50€, Amara is a solid, Mediterranean, simple companion for the warm days that will hopefully soon reach us all again. I will certainly spray it from time to time in summer.

Gatsby
Salty mandarine: the ultimate summer time stunner
I was pretty sure after the old, beautiful Kenzo Pour Hoome, the 90s formula and first one, nothing will thrill me during the hot days, especially when I am in vacantion. Suddenly, the magic happened. Very first formula 2014/2015 (there are also some made late in 2013) - niche vibe as many of the fragranticas wrote here, bold, strong, with a touch of ambergris, sea plants and sand smell covered in a mandarine-glacee aura. Extremely powerful in the old editions, still ok after the reformulation. The reformulated editions starting late 2016 early 2017 are nice but different in therms of quality from the original edition. The mandarin was substituted with something orangey, don t know exactely what but after reformulation, the mandarine and "ambergris", salty vibe from the original disappeared. Absent in almost every online store in 3.4 oz amount including Bulgari official website. For sure, the best designer summer scent in the last decade. Strong projection and more than 12 hours lasting on my skin. Grab a vintage, it s simply amazing, a must have for summer time and very soon something unique considering the disparition in 2018. Mainstream masterpiece!
Fresh tangerine
Tangerine, tangerine and more tangerine. Find that this fragrance is very effective and combines well with aquatic notes But I do not react well to the scent and am haunted by headaches although I like the scent.
Nevertheless, I still have it in my collection and accept the headaches, which is not really useful.
Before buying, it is best to get a bottling and test extensively what I would recommend for each fragrance
Bitter Sweet Symphony
My very first blind purchase To make a long story short, my absolute favourite scent, quasi love at first sight=)
The special thing about this fragrance is its salty-metallic freshness The fragrance opens from 0 to 100 and remains for me fragrant and extremely potent.
Easy 10 to 12 hours performance with super Sillage.
It's a pity that this miracle is no longer in production
The difference to other fresh fragrances is that this fragrance is not too inoffensive and has more of an infuriating character, simply masculine power.

So if you are looking for a top summer scent that has a high recognition value, you should treat yourself to a bottle=)
To the bitter darling
The first time I smelled him, I thought he was good. Nothing more. A friend of mine, thought it was just fine, actually she didn't even like it at first, as she told me later, "but there's something about the scent," she said.

It smelled different, bitter, somehow fresh, but not really, rather refreshing, like a mild breeze of bitter freshly cut grapefruit. Over time, it became one of my favourite scents because it is one of the few that I remember from nowhere and somehow keep in my mind without associating any real situation with it. The aforementioned friend loved him after the 2nd or 3rd time smelling him, because he smells different, especially
Unfortunately the perfume doesn't last that long with me, but I assume that it is because of my skin. It's a pity that it is no longer produced in series, but it will certainly be available again
DerDefcon
Aquatic, definitely polarizing niche water
Autumnal or even winter walks along the beach, for example on the North Sea and Baltic Sea, are supposed to be something that many like. I'm not more of a friend of this kind of activity. Much too wet, much too unfriendly and much too windy it is now in December and right on the coast. Refreshments are always welcome, but the question should always be asked what kind of nature they are.

Well... even though I'm not really available for a walk on the beach during the two "dark" seasons, I still brought one home in flaconized form. The round, orange-coloured bottle evokes associations with the fine, smooth stones that are always on the lookout for, so that they can jump over the surface of the water with a skilful throw.
Not only the shape of the bottle is reminiscent of a stone, but also its liquid content. Cold, somewhat bitter and above all mineral this is. A good pinch of salt is also added and so a cool, fresh, for Aquatik even quite authentic and hardly synthetic air, which is combined with an equally cool tangerine note, blows around you. The latter is very dominant at the beginning, but increasingly loses its potency and makes room for the bitter-salty aquatic, reminiscent of sea spray and stones. Despite making room, it can - and this is a good thing - be perceived throughout the entire course of the fragrance, which is extremely useful for everyday suitability and the wearability of the overall composition.

Portability? Suitability for everyday use?

Well, many aquatic fragrances, which I'm not a big fan of, are designed for mass compatibility. Something polarizing bitter or salty, as found in "Aqva Amara", is extremely rare on the market. Due to its idiosyncratic character, which probably does not appeal to the broad masses, and the ever-increasing problem of buying it, I would attribute the fragrance the attribute of a "niche", even if it is a rather controversial, spongy vocabulary.

For me, Aqva Amara is a niche fragrance, as it clearly distinguishes itself from the usual aquatics and the creator definitely dared something. In addition, the whole thing shines with an above-average durability as well as Sillage. Therefore, caution should be exercised when dosing. Especially now in winter it can happen that due to this olfactory cooling the car windows freeze from the inside and the frostbites around you get colder than they already are ;)
Those who like Acqua di Giò Profumo should also appreciate this one
For me the best Aquatic fragrance so far: If you like Acqua di Giò Profumo you should also appreciate it. For me, the final score smells like the Acqua di Gio Profumo after two hours. I am very surprised that I like the fragrance so much because I had expected a rather fruity citrus fragrance, which I actually don't like so much. But the tangerine fits well to the entry and soon evaporates. For me, there is a nice fragrance development here, because after some time a dry sea breeze comes through more and more, the silage is pleasantly strong. With the aquatics I have tested so far, I always found the ending disturbing, here it is wonderfully successful: very soft, fresh and fine. The "Marine" fragrance from the same house is supposed to be great, but now I'm very excited about it. Too bad that such an ingenious composition was set. There I will have to strike again quickly before the fragrance is sold out.
I cannot understand the bad rating of the Aqva Amara nor the good rating of the other fragrance mentioned. Oh still what: On the clothes applied the mandarin is to be smelled quite long, on the skin the beautiful smell development takes place faster with me: interesting.

VmitsopoulosVmitsopoulos 127 days ago
Love this juice perfect for the summer it is an absolute beast highly recommend
AithanAithan 138 days ago
I mainly get bitter orange scent all over. Get the image of cocktail mixing.
Performance is above average.
Quite similar to Terre d'Hermes.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 14 months ago
Strange but agreeable! Sour but fresh! Citrusy but aquatic! You may hate it or love it, but it is undoubtedly different, unique and nice!
GolcherGolcher 17 months ago
Jeremy Fragrance called it “the strength of the ocean” and no wonder why he’s a guru. This is fragrance evokes the sea with citrus hints
DavidBrazDavidBraz 21 months ago
Its a synthetic, citrus and aquatic smell with an impressive performance that reminds me hot summer days. Like it a lot! Dont over trigger!
RocendrollRocendroll 21 months ago
3.5
[Nie] Totalnie mi nie pasuje. Odświeżający, ale jest w nim coś co tak mnie obrzydza, że nie mogę go wąchać.
AmberScentAmberScent 22 months ago
Damned bitter, fresh, synthetic, alluring, sweet, citrusy, spicy, fruity, agreable, refreshing, cheap smelling, gorgeous bottle fragrance.
JnocomskiJnocomski 22 months ago
I've had it for almost 5 years and can't seem to use it all up as most of the time, I find myself getting nauseous when I wear it. LOL!
ElysiumElysium 23 months ago
Aqva Amara is a different story... This is a must-have summer fragrance, a really nice one with no more seaweed, yet sourer and interesting!
LucianLucian 3 years ago
Pleasant, refreshing, gets compliments but for me is a bit boring.

by Schoork
by NasiGoreng
by MyKosmo
by MyKosmo

Popular Bvlgari

Le Gemme - Veridia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Nylaia by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Calaluna by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Tygar by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black Essence by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ashlemah by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Rubinia by Bvlgari Splendida - Rose Rose by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Black Orient by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black All Blacks Limited Edition by Bvlgari Splendida - Iris d'Or by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme Extrême by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ambero by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Splendida - Tubereuse Mystique by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari