Aqva Amara 2014 Eau de Toilette

Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari
Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Bvlgari for men and was released in 2014. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It was last marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 02

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian mandarin orangeSicilian mandarin orange
Tunisian neroliTunisian neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesAquatic notesAquatic notes
Mineral notesMineral notes
Base Notes Base NotesIndonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli
FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by Michael, last update on 10.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is Spanish model Jon Kortajarena.

RiceyRice
And I always thought it would be gone soon...
I don't know if it's just me, but various relevant perfume youtubers have been claiming for years that the production of this fragrance has been discontinued. Gripped by this impending shortage and the worry of never being able to try the fragrance, I secured one of the "last" bottles a few months ago. Since then, I regularly find it on the usual perfume sites or shops, which makes me doubt the discontinuation :D

But now to the fragrance. For me, the fragrance does not smell at all like the "power of the ocean". For me, however, he still smells like summer. He is incredibly refreshing and high-quality citrus.
Durability and sillage are also not bad parents for such an aquatic water.

The bottle is, like all Bulgari fragrances from this series, quite beautiful, but terrible to put up. In addition, squeaks with me sprayer and hangs sometimes.

Overall, he smells really different and for me also somehow special.
Aquatic tangerine woge
The scent progression is simple.
The prelude is a beautiful tangerine note with a pleasant acidity is present for a while, until the aquatic notes move more and more into the center.
And they come like a surge, because I find the sillage strong as well as the durability, which surprised me really positively because it is at the same time not too intrusive.
Incense one does not really perceive strongly, all in all bitter but fresh.
Currently, although Creed Erolfa remains my favorite among the Aquaten but Aqva Amara comes close ;)
The bottle is quite nice but better I would have found it if he was "down" flattened, so that you can put him down. But there are worse.
Finally, I can only say that I find it very sad that just THIS fragrance is no longer produced, as there would be quite a few other candidates.
So if you somehow have the chance and a preference for Aquaten, then get this great summer fragrance
Majortomsen
Sea salt in the noble metal tin
Why here is often talked about "the power of the sea", I can only partially understand.
You have of course a very fresh scent, which is already somewhat reminiscent of sea water by its salty component, but the clear zitriche, metallic note and the white flowers in the background let the thought of the sea somewhat blurred...
Nevertheless, I think Acqua Amara is a very good summer fragrance, which is definitely worth being tested and worn.
Aaron95
The summer scent star of the internet - but not mine
I became aware of the fragrance through numerous YouTube videos. All describe the fragrance as the summer scent bad. So I have me the rare piece also times zugelegt.
First of all: The bottle is just great. I think it reminds of summer and an aquatic fragrance. And so is the fragrance also - aquatic. For my taste too aquatic. Besides the aquatic comes out for a very very strong pungent note that I absolutely could not stand. Even my girlfriend did not rate the fragrance positively. The durability is above average. For me, however, on the whole too aquatic and really too fresh
Directly caught
He caught me right away.

I have rarely smelled such a coherent, timeless masculine summer fragrance, from the designer segment, as Aqva Amara. In fact, I had him never really on the screen until the dear Mr. J. He often mentions in his videos. Since I have often been lulled by dear Mr. J., and was disappointed, I asked another perfume lover (greetings go out to Steffen) for advice before buying, which confirmed to me that the fragrance is really fantastic. So I thought to myself quickly order another bottle before it's entgültig no longer there. Immediately after the first spray after opening the packaging, the scent has me so violently catched that I fell in love directly. This tangerine in combination with the tart slightly bitter notes makes the scent simply very unique. I am always surprised that some designer fragrances manage to pick me up, unfortunately there will be this one soon less and less and also the prices will probably go through the roof. How so one sets such a great fragrance, I will never understand. Despite everything, I hope to be able to put maybe somewhere 1-2 bottles in stock, I think that will be my summer fragrance for 2021. Let's hope that I may also take him out and that people may sniff him even without a mask times. H/S I find for such a fresh fragrance from the designer area perfectly fine. Have him easily perceived 7-8 hours on me, projection was certainly also 6 hours well present.
Mediterranean in oval bottle
Aquatic smoky fragrance with medium durability. Definitely on the masculine side but from the scent progression very simply built.
Sillage also rather low.
The flacon pleases me very well and also the spray head is absolutely fine.
For the price of about 35€ nevertheless an absolutely passable fragrance.
The power of the ocean
This fragrance is made for hot days. Actually, it was a blind purchase at the time, but I have never regretted it until today. As far as I know, it has become quite difficult to get hold of Aqva Amara, so I am even happier to have bought it a few years ago.

When it's really warm outside and other fragrances don't work, I always use this perfume.

Aqva Amara starts with tangerine and then changes relatively quickly to aquatic and maritime notes. The fragrance is not really citrusy for me, which is not too bad. But it is very fresh and interestingly tart and bitter, which is meant positively.

When you use it, you don't feel like you've used perfume. It's not a bit pushy, but floats along with you like a second skin and is still very perceptible (if you understand what I mean). Also, Aqva Amara is quite unique and long-lasting. There are few scents that smell similar and even fewer people who have the scent.

So if there's still a chance to get a bottle, I'd take it

My summer no 1
This was a love at first sniff for me.
Aqva Amara - translates to bitter water.
The first thing that caught my attention was the bottle it is stunning the golden/bronzy colour how it looks like a pebble or drop of water just drew me in even now every time im trying to decide what to wear it catches my eye and always i must smell it and marvel at this glorious creation.
Onto the scent its self,firstly there are two important facets to this for me the first its very masculine and piercing imo and it is better in the air vs when you smell it off your own skin, now onto the scent.
It opens cirtus heavy the manderin is very strong off the top its juicy,ever so slightly bitter vibrant and uplifting just takes you up a level, closely follows it is the neroli which softens it slightly and gives it class and maturity imo.
Then its true inspiration comes to the fore you can see this is the little brother of the original Aqva pour homme its unmistakable the aquatic nature of it which screams summer at the beach imo, not to say that it cant be worn any other time.
Then the drydown you get that masculine edge as i said in the beginning from the patchouli and the frankincense which imo are not extremely heavy but give it a darker mysterious base but by no means does it come across heavy and cloying in the heat.
To sum this scent up i love this it stays fresh clean and masculine throughout i enjoy every stage of its progression and it brings a smile to my face and uplifts my mood everytime i wear or smell it.
One of the most impressive things about this for me apart from the scent is the performance.
I have two bottles one 50ml and one 100ml both are 2014 batches so i cant comment on the newer ones before this gem was discontinued ( why they did this is beyond me ) and it is extremly potent, anything more than three sprays and its choking people in indoor situations, outdoors i go with five and people can smell me from a couple of meters away and it lasts 8-9 hours before it sits close on my skin.
Extremely impressive to say the least.
And as far as situations to wear in high heat it is an absolute winner for me but i have also worn this in formal situations and it has worked i feel the neroli patchouli and the frankincense help there they give it some class and it is definitely strong enough to push through the cold, i havent tested in the dead of winter but Autumn no probs at all.
All in all i love this scent its probably my favourite summer scent out of everything i have i always go back to it there is just something that reasonates with me. Obviously everthing is subject to opinion but if you havent smelt this and you can get a sample and you enjoy it and are able to find a bottle i urge you to not sleep on it as it is getting hard to find.
Hope this finds everybody well
Either freshly pressed or - Amara
Now I'm a big fan of lemon, lime and bergamot and I'm always chasing the sour-tangy scents. But anyway - the comments so far have made me curious, tangerine, tart, sunny...so ordered Amara...funny bottle but also a bit difficult to place. Sprayed on and...astonishingly fresh if not really citric, astonishingly tart and all that without bergamot. I would call it a soft fresh with super durability. The fragrance changes little with time, but has amazing nuances. Quite a bit unusual. The tangerine is already overripe, slightly acidic, but a good balance between tart and fruity. Neroli goes well with it without standing out too dominantly. Maritime is supported by a slightly salty note and complements itself perfectly with the slight warmth of patchouli. I am really enthusiastic about this really exciting composition that knows how to surprise. And since fresh scents often fly away too quickly, everyone here has a real performer among the newcomers...
Great summer scent
Beautiful masculine summer scent that combines citrus and maritime notes well. For me it is number 2 behind Chanel allure Edition Blanche in summer. Unfortunately aqva amara is no longer produced and there are only remnants left. Regarding the fragrance itself, you can really perceive all the listed ingredients. Very well composed. In the beginning strong tangerine. Shortly afterwards, the aquatic and mineral notes emerge. But the tangerine remains in the background and you can smell it until the end. For me the best of the line

Shafkat82Shafkat82 5 months ago
This scent is not for all.Its a salty citrus with neroli which works very god on high Heat.This is Really good but try b4 buy (Discontinued)
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
Definitely in the top 5 out of all my collection. Metallic fresh orange/neroli with a touch of incense. Masterpiece!
Kazos07Kazos07 7 months ago
Strength of the ocean? Yeah it smells good but it's just another hyped perfume by Jeremy
EinsteinvEinsteinv 10 months ago
Dirty orange on battery acid, insanely long lasting.
MikeMikeMikeMike 1 year ago
Summer with the papper - Nice, brave, spicy summer scent.
DPArtistDPArtist 1 year ago
Foul (or is that fowl?!) stuff, smells like egg white, sprinkled with white pepper. Fantastic bottle, extremely over-hyped fragrance.
VmitsopoulosVmitsopoulos 2 years ago
Love this juice perfect for the summer it is an absolute beast highly recommend
AithanAithan 2 years ago
I mainly get bitter orange scent all over. Get the image of cocktail mixing.
Performance is above average.
Quite similar to Terre d'Hermes.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Strange but agreeable! Sour but fresh! Citrusy but aquatic! You may hate it or love it, but it is undoubtedly different, unique and nice!
GolcherGolcher 3 years ago
Jeremy Fragrance called it “the strength of the ocean” and no wonder why he’s a guru. This is fragrance evokes the sea with citrus hints

by AlexW
by Andreas61
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng

Popular Bvlgari

Le Gemme - Tygar by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Nylaia by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Calaluna by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Black Orient by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Veridia by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black Essence by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Gyan by Bvlgari Splendida - Rose Rose by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Rubinia by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ambero by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man In Black All Blacks Limited Edition by Bvlgari Le Gemme - Ashlemah by Bvlgari Bvlgari pour Homme Extrême by Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Eau de Toilette) by Bvlgari Jasmin Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Bvlgari Splendida - Iris d'Or by Bvlgari Omnia by Bvlgari Bvlgari Man Wood Neroli by Bvlgari