Terra (1997)

Terra by Byblos

Terra is a perfume by Byblos for women and was released in 1997. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesGalbanum, Mandarin, Orange, Peach, Violet, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Freesia, Jasmine, Carnation, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, Orris root, Musk, Sandalwood, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.06.2020.

Wind above ground
Because my ma was a fan of the Byblos fragrance in the blue flower bottle, I also bought Terra for her
It was a blind purchase and I was afraid that the scent might go in the heavy earthy direction, because neither of us likes this " loamy " note.

But Terra remains pleasantly transparent due to the aquatic mandarin and fresh due to the lemon.
The peach appears aromatic and slightly sweet - but the peach tree roots securely in the earth.
A wind passes through its branches and over the crust of the earth.
Bloody things gently blend in. Rose and carnation appear airy - but cyclamen and iris root gently ground the gentle fragrance.

No, this does not give the impression of a freshly cultivated topsoil, but rather a well-tended garden, whose soil harmoniously combines with the flowers and fruits.
Sandalwood nestles calmly against Terra - just as the entire fragrance radiates a welcome calm.

A trusting fragrance - that goes hand in hand with nature.

Jazzy76
Dear "Terra", I miss you so!
Terra is the italian word for "earth" and this scent being part of the byblos collection dedicated to the natural elements was a real delight with all the flavours from the Mother Earth. I don't know why I don't find anymore this scent here in my country. The salesgirls of the drugstore where i usually go often tell me that it's probably discontinued, although I 'm seeing right now here on the perfume's profile that it's still in production.
I miss so much this fragrance I owned many years ago and I wore mainly in the middle season. I have to do a memory effort to remember all the notes I was perceiving everytime I sprayed this scent.
The main note was surely the galbanum, quite masulin , but vibrant and giving to the fragrance a very particular "earthy" character. Then, I remember the flowery heart: a very pleasant and feminine bouquet similar to a true "garden in a bottle". Finally, the base: musky-woody with the orris powdery touch . The enssemble gave me a sense of natural and balanced pleasure and it was synthonized with the element associated to my zodiac (Capricorn): the earth.
The sillage wasn't so strong, it's true, but this scent was perfect for everyday , being not too strong and wearable at school, at the office or in crowded places.
Minimal but functional the simple 120ml bottle(one size) and very affordable the price (once there were again the "lire" but now the price of the other scents of this collection is about 15 to 19 €, at least in the Italian drugstores wheere I usually find the products of this brand.I might see on the net if this historical low cost scent is available as vintage perfume, but I think the price will be far higher than once!
Dear Terra, I miss you so much. You were my cup of tea and my faithful mate of my green years!
Sweet earth
I came to Terra by accident. This opened 120ml bottle came to me as a bargain through a bundle with some other nineties fragrances, including Sotto Voce , which was the actual reason for buying it.
The bottle was familiar to me from magazines and advertisements in the past. But I had never tested it.
Lately I have tested him but extensively and worn him so that I can already say something about this fragrance.

He fits in well with his time. It can be seen that it was created in the late nineties. A light fragrance for its time, yet powerful enough. Think of Eternity and CK One, they were also "easy" for those times although they are not.
Terra is slightly sweet and at the same time a little earthy and spicy without going into the oriental. He'd rather have a certain freshness.

The Terra scent of Byblos begins with a hint of fruitiness. Individual fruits are rather difficult to idendify. But I can say that the fruits are not sticky sweet, rather fully ripe, ready to be harvested and already fall from the trees. I can smell something citric in the sweet fruit. After some time the sweetness sits down on the skin and continues with the flowers.
The heart is dominated by freesia with its tart, fresh flowers. I love freesia in fragrances and especially like it when fragrances are really freesia-heavy.
The base then becomes a bit woodier with a slightly earthy touch and I notice sandalwood and freesia in particular.

Overall a very pleasant fragrance and a child of his time. So I still find sweetness so pleasant coming from ripe fruits, not as sticky candy sweet.
I have already worn the scent several times during the day at work and find it suitable for everyday use and pleasant.
The durability and Sillage I would classify in the middle range.
The bottle is kept very simple in cylindrical shape and fits well to the fragrance.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 23 months ago
citruses, flowers and earthy notes in a very pleasant mix with an average sillage. I owned it and how I'd like to find it again!

by Rosaviola
by Rosaviola

Popular Byblos

Byblos (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Byblos Bamboo (Eau de Toilette) by Byblos Sandalo by Byblos Byblos Man (Eau de Toilette) by Byblos Fusion by Byblos September Morn by Byblos Elementi di Byblos - Ghiaccio by Byblos Elementi di Byblos - Metal Sensation by Byblos Elementi di Byblos - Leather Sensation by Byblos In Black (Eau de Parfum) by Byblos Elementi di Byblos - Sole by Byblos Byblos for Man (1993) / Byblos pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Byblos Uragano by Byblos Elementi di Byblos - Mare by Byblos Elementi di Byblos - Cielo by Byblos Musk by Byblos Fuoco by Byblos Butterfly by Byblos Blu Love Affair by Byblos