Accord Oud 2010

Accord Oud by Byredo
Accord Oud is a perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital.

Top Notes Top NotesBlackberryBlackberry
RumRum
SaffronSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeatherLeather
Clary sageClary sage
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
MuskMusk

Submitted by Barney, last update on 25.01.2022.

Oud synthesis
Taurus has already brought it to the point. Who nags here that no "real" oud is present, has simply not understood the approach of Byredo. The fragrance is not called Accord Oud without reason, precisely because this Oud smell is to be generated as a synthesis of other fragrances.

Thus, it is very close to fragrances such as Oud Wood, M7 Oud Absolu or even Sueded Oud. Accord Oud starts similar to Oud Wood by Tom Ford with a medicinal note, which radiates security for me. You can also draw parallels to M7 Oud Absolu if you swap the blackberry (more on the tart and less sweet side) from Accord Oud with the tangerine (orange) from M7 Oud Absolu. However, both Oud Wood and M7 Oud Absolu become creamier and more balsamic as they go on. Accord Oud drifts a little more in the direction of Sueded Oud from Clean, but without having this annoying sweetness in the drydown, which makes Sueded Oud for me rather with women to settle.

Leather I perceive in the course of the fragrance almost not at all. The remaining base reminds me more of patchouli with some residual sweetness of blackberry, which is kept in balance with the synthetic oud.

Accord Oud is not quite on par with scents like Oud Wood or M7 Oud Absolu, but offers people who like to have another take on synthetic oud with a medicinal note, a slightly different approach than the above scents. Longevity and sillage are satisfactory in my eyes. I could perceive the fragrance for about 6-7. After just under 1 1/2 hours, it becomes skin tight in the process.

Triad dimensions
In the world of music, a chord is understood to be a harmonic multiphony of at least three notes. In view of the mentioned oud, which however does not officially appear in the pyramid, I assume that Byredo refers to the fact that in the interaction of the individual scents something like the illusion of oud is supposed to emerge.

So if you expect real or even synthetic oud, you definitely won't find one here. And even if the illusion works that way, makes me a bit doubtful.

What you definitely notice in the first few seconds after spraying is blackberry. If you don't sniff it out, you have a cold or should make your way to an ENT doctor. This blackberry is olfactorically absolutely ok, even if it looks a bit syrupy. It is immediately followed by a smooth leather note. Slightly tart, yet warm and round, it complements the sweet fruit perfectly.

Much later a trace of patchouli and musk is added. However, I wonder who is to be the third person in the group who belongs to the triad so that the oud comes out at the end. Saffron? No, I don't think so. Musk? Possibly, but then rather together with the patchouli, with both remaining relatively in the background. Rum, saffron and clary sage are also eliminated. The blackberry is omnipresent, but it can hardly be an indication that you want to lay a trail to oud.

In the office, I did a blind test with a colleague who, at least without my help, has a few niche fragrances. I just wanted to know if he could recognize some notes from them. He didn't come up with oud at all.

Accordingly, I see the fragrance more as an interesting fruit-leather combination, similar to Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford, only here with a lot of bromide instead of a subtle raspberry.

It might be a bit confusing, but you can wear it, as long as you don't insist on the oud right now.
One for strong personalities
Thanks to AdAstra72 I was able to test this fragrance, which I wouldn't have been interested in at all due to the listed notes and comments. Parfumo is really a fine thing - you can try fragrances that you wouldn't have noticed and always gain new impressions. But I'm sure I'm not the only one here with that opinion. :)

When I first sniffed the spray head, I thought you knew him! And without further ado, I remembered what this base note reminded me of. Joop Homme. Almost everyone who was born in the seventies met this classic in his youth. I always found the scent beautiful in principle, although there were carriers that I have more and others that I have less in positive memory, but that's another topic.

Let's get back to Accord Oud. When spraying on it was clear to me quickly that the name, even if allegedly no eagle wood is contained, is definitely program. At first a stabbing, at the beginning also slightly nasty, medical note comes towards you. This cool and unapproachable, oud-like note also remains. I, too, sign that the fragrance, despite its divine basis, is rather cold. This is not a flatterer, but a complicated fragrance, where you don't know if you should like it or not. He has character and knows how to provoke, which is why I would never classify him as an office perfume unless you are the CEO. I see him clearly in the Lords of Creation. I think it's too cold for women.
After all the uniformity at the business events that I have smelled so much in recent weeks, this is someone who brings something special with him. Will be tested more extensively in all cases. Especially on men's skin I would like to sniff it. Thank you for this exciting fragrance impression.

Accord Oud
WRoth described the top and middle well. The sweet top notes do not prepare you for the leathery dry down. This scent last a long time despite me washing my hand. The leather and patchouli stick around for a long time. The sillage is in the middle.

Accord Oud
This fragrance opens with spicy, pungent woods and a sweet, vibrant red berry note. This combinations is rather unusual, but the mix of fruit and resin, sparkly sugar and rich woods is very interesting. As the notes bloom on my skin I detect a third note, saffron. The spice is lush and fatty and therefore the ideal base for the accord. As the scent develops, the fruit aroma soars into the air, whereas the woods sink to the base. In this stage I see all three notes very distinctly, they are separate, layered on top of each other. Once the berry notes have burned out, saffron engulfs everything that remains, peppery woods frame the smooth spice note, giving it a welcome edge. This is the heart accord of the scent which remains the same until the fragrance disappears with a final whisper of the main notes.

by Schallhoerer
by Schallhoerer
by CharlAmbre
by CharlAmbre
by sebjar
by sebjar

Popular Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Night Veils - Casablanca Lily by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Young Rose by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Slow Dance by Byredo Night Veils - Reine de Nuit by Byredo Encens Chembur by Byredo Super Cedar by Byredo