Accord Oud (2010)

Accord Oud by Byredo

Accord Oud is a perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital.

Top Notes Top NotesBlackberry, Rum, Saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeather, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli

Submitted by Barney, last update on 05.10.2019

7.0 9.0 9.0 7.5/10

One for strong personalities
Thanks to AdAstra72 I was able to test this fragrance, which I wouldn't have been interested in at all due to the listed notes and comments. Parfumo is really a fine thing - you can try fragrances that you wouldn't have noticed and always gain new impressions. But I'm sure I'm not the only one here with that opinion. :)

When I first sniffed the spray head, I thought you knew him! And without further ado, I remembered what this base note reminded me of. Joop Homme. Almost everyone who was born in the seventies met this classic in his youth. I always found the scent beautiful in principle, although there were carriers that I have more and others that I have less in positive memory, but that's another topic.

Let's get back to Accord Oud. When spraying on it was clear to me quickly that the name, even if allegedly no eagle wood is contained, is definitely program. At first a stabbing, at the beginning also slightly nasty, medical note comes towards you. This cool and unapproachable, oud-like note also remains. I, too, sign that the fragrance, despite its divine basis, is rather cold. This is not a flatterer, but a complicated fragrance, where you don't know if you should like it or not. He has character and knows how to provoke, which is why I would never classify him as an office perfume unless you are the CEO. I see him clearly in the Lords of Creation. I think it's too cold for women.
After all the uniformity at the business events that I have smelled so much in recent weeks, this is someone who brings something special with him. Will be tested more extensively in all cases. Especially on men's skin I would like to sniff it. Thank you for this exciting fragrance impression.
7.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

OUD without OUD ... or the prolonged first-ud-wood moment
I just got it yesterday as a sample and curious as I am I sprayed my right forearm a little bit with it.

And there he was, that moment that I love above all else, when you immediately know "That's one! One I like very much!". But closely followed by a slightly frowning "But I do know you ... you're not ... wait ... yes exactly! You're Oud Wood!".

Accord Oud brought me back to the moment when I carefully sniffed the spray head of my freshly purchased Oud Wood for the first time and noticed this very light ethereal note of wood and a very friendly and well-behaved Oud. That was really a holy moment for me then. A completely unknown scent to me until now with which I was immediately in love.

Now you could say, "Okay, then you've got Oud Wood anyway... why the Accord Oud?"

Because the Accord Oud retains exactly this moment ... this opening of Oud Wood and only modulates in the most delicate nuances over a very long period of time (the shelf life is far above average ... at least on my skin) but never loses.

This may sound too linear and one-dimensional to many, but it is only conditionally ... because the nuances change easily again and again.

The fact that Accord Oud does not contain any actual oud at all, but creates an oud-like aura I find particularly exciting about this perfume.

I like him a lot because I like Oud Wood too. Oud Wood changes much more after the opening and I like that too. However I enjoy it now also very much this "First-Oud-Wood-Moment" to be able to enjoy extended.
7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Accord Oud
WRoth described the top and middle well. The sweet top notes do not prepare you for the leathery dry down. This scent last a long time despite me washing my hand. The leather and patchouli stick around for a long time. The sillage is in the middle.
7.5 5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Accord Oud
This fragrance opens with spicy, pungent woods and a sweet, vibrant red berry note. This combinations is rather unusual, but the mix of fruit and resin, sparkly sugar and rich woods is very interesting. As the notes bloom on my skin I detect a third note, saffron. The spice is lush and fatty and therefore the ideal base for the accord. As the scent develops, the fruit aroma soars into the air, whereas the woods sink to the base. In this stage I see all three notes very distinctly, they are separate, layered on top of each other. Once the berry notes have burned out, saffron engulfs everything that remains, peppery woods frame the smooth spice note, giving it a welcome edge. This is the heart accord of the scent which remains the same until the fragrance disappears with a final whisper of the main notes.

by sebjar
by sebjar

Popular Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Pulp by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Mister Marvelous (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Seven Veils by Byredo Velvet Haze by Byredo Encens Chembur by Byredo