Bal d'Afrique 2009 Eau de Parfum

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo
Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fruity. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
MuskMusk
VetiverVetiver
Atlas cedarAtlas cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.10.2021.

A bottle of happiness
This fragrance is very well blended a mixture of soft vetiver with a little sweetness, and a bit floral. Perfect for a summer day and one of the few summer fragrances that really stand out. Performance could be better but this is not a screamer. 3 hours in it becomes a skin scent. Very pleasant soft and unique.
Ischgelroi
Beautiful fragrance, but unfortunately not wearable for me as a man
Bal d'Afrique I recently received as a bottling with a purchase in the souk. I had not previously engaged with this fragrance, but at the weekend I tested Bal d'Afrique and must say I can understand the good reviews quite.

Bal d'Afrique smells fruity, green and delicately woody for me: the main notes here are: Bergamot, lemon, neroli, Tagetes, which after about 20 minutes are also accompanied by jasmine and violet. After about an hour, the base notes come through with cedar, vetiver, amber and musk. Unfortunately, Bal d'Afrique is only unisex to me after the base notes become stronger. Unfortunately, this only occurs after 3-4 hours. Therefore, I see Bal d'Afrique rather on women than on men.

The shelf life is unfortunately only average. After about 6 hours Bal d'Afrique is already almost gone. The silage is also rather weak. Bal d'Afrique is maximum on a half arm length perceptible, After about 3-4 hours already skin.

Bal d'Afrique is a great fragrance for women, but unfortunately not for me, but it must not all also be portable for men.
Let's dance into summer
Wow. It can happen that fast and I'm in love. Exactly with this fragrance. I now understand why many "Bal D'afrique" users associate this fragrance with the words cheerful, happy and lucky. It exudes exactly that. It's a happy summer scent that really asks everyone to dance with its charming, cuddly nature.

I actually imagined this fragrance to be more exotic and flashy. But fortunately, it is not. It really is super pleasant. Sweet, warm rather than cold, and beautiful. It smells a bit like the breeze you get when you walk by Lush. I absolutely love it! And even though it's sweet, it's not heavy at all. It's more like a soft, delicate cloud. Gorgeous!
Pineapple heavy
In advance; I am with still undecided whether I should get me a flacon.

A bottling of Bal d'Afrique has reached me at the weekend.

Initially, I perceived virtually only pineapple.
Only after pineapple smell must not really be, that is then nevertheless too monotonous for me.
Particularly since I do not stand at all so on fruity scents.
The next day I smelled again on the arm.
Vetiver and some cedar could be what is still decaying there. But very quietly.
So again from the beginning; New day new luck.
Again pineapple loadig - fresh, slightly acidic - absolutely not unpleasant.
A slightly different scent enters. Bit soft floral, however, I can not name a flower that sticks out. Something muted and creamy the whole thing.
Still in the background the pineapple. The pulls through the course through.
Pleasant is the fragrance in any case; so`` no risk - no fun`` Monday to work apply.
Already on the way to the office I was called back and asked what I had for a perfume on it. That would smell great.
Well and nu` I stand there.
I will use up the filling times and reconsider :-)
LaraJosephin
The beginning of a passion
I got this perfume from my friend, who has been more interested in niche perfumes for some time, for Christmas last year. I was immediately smitten, I had never smelled anything like it before. Freshness. Fruity. Sweetness. All in all, a very interesting scent. The magnetic cap, the packaging and also the print all contribute to a high quality overall look. My first niche fragrance, and guaranteed not the last
all time favourite
that creates as Bal d`Afrique no fragrance that I know so far.
He starts citrus light, is clean and fruity. In the course he becomes creamier.
I waited tables at an exclusive event 3 years ago as a student and wore this fragrance. The wife of the renowned chief physician who had hosted the evening greeted me and said in amazement "but you smell good!" and that's exactly what the fragrance does.
It never rocks, it's unisex, it's sexy, and it's never too much. Great love pour moi
Tonsil in hospital
I'm sorry to say that this scent was not my cup of tea at all. Vetiver smells for me like a mixture of almond and something medicinal. But I do not like vetiver in principle, for people who like this note, definitely worth a sniff!
3.5
I don't get the hype.
The scent is pleasant but very unexciting, the hype I personally do not understand.... My fragrance is not at all. For me, the scent does not really smell like a perfume, but more like a cream or how it smells in some wellness oases. Clean, soft and pleasant but not like a fragrance I would like to wear, because I can only bear the scent for a short time. For me, the also a bit too masculine and somehow oppressive in the dry down..

How does the smell so. In the first moment you smell very clearly Tagetes and Buchu, which causes me nausea. A combination I can not stand. Tagetes we had in the garden when I was a kid... I always thought that Tagetes had a kind of cat urine note...Shortly after that I also smelled clearly lemon and neroli. But that's it..The scent stays linear, so it doesn't tell a story... The hardly changes except that this oppressive aura is always clearer..

It is in no way a fragrance that you can buy reassured blindly, even if you might suspect it, if you read all the positive reviews. I do not see a picture in front of me, who could wear this fragrance...? For me as I said more a man than a woman but I see nothing in front of me. For me a soulless boring fragrance with no charisma. Projection is weak and the scent stays skin tight. Sillage is not present..
Cnt
You are the first and you will be the last
My wedding scent... A blind purchase, like so many.
You take me in your arms and I am all with you bal d'afrique.
You are not what is absolutely new. Maybe you have smelled something like this or something like that before. But you are different. Matching my husband, matching yes to him and matching everything I like. Slightly tangy at the beginning, it has a deep and warm scent which never drifts off into an unpleasantness. Really always wearable in my opinion. I wore it at 31 degrees, a well measured whiff kept coming. In the cooler night he was cozy there.
Very good durability, very good sillage and the projection is also not from bad parents.
I will always love you, you will also always remain - you are special
Xoxotushka
Breathe in and your spirits instantly rise....
That's the effect this fragrance has on me.
Sweet, delicate, seductive, deeply vibrant, persistent aroma! Highly recommended to all perfume maniacs. Never received so many compliments from strangers as when wearing Bal D'Afrique.

CCatalina1CCatalina1 4 months ago
Sweet,colorful ,woodsy citrusy and aromatic vetiver scent,warm and creamy with floral nuances ,Bal is a very elegant and classy fragrance.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 10 months ago
A communion made of amber, musk and vetiver that will make you dream of flying over the flowers of Masai Mara or Okavango.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 1 year ago
Unfortunately this didn’t do for me. It has shy performance. At this price point I expected something much better.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Well-blended scent that opens with a creamy lemon. In the drydown, the scent gets a little more floral, woody, rounded by a beautiful musk.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
Fresh, fruity, sweet and flowery. Well composed but a bit pricey for what you get.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Pralinchen
Zum Vatertag nochmal die männliche Version meines Fotos, ist schließlich ein Unisex -Duft ;)
by Lavendel18
Sonnenuntergang in der Savanne (Dank an Nui)
by Knopfnase
by Iriska
by Narcoperfume
by Narcoperfume

Popular Byredo

Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Night Veils - Casablanca Lily by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Night Veils - Reine de Nuit by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Slow Dance by Byredo Eleventh Hour (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Encens Chembur by Byredo Velvet Haze by Byredo