Bal d'Afrique 2009 Eau de Parfum

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo
Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fruity. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Buchu, Neroli, Tagetes, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Jasmine, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Vetiver, Atlas cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.05.2021.

Pineapple heavy
In advance; I am with still undecided whether I should get me a flacon.

A bottling of Bal d'Afrique has reached me at the weekend.

Initially, I perceived virtually only pineapple.
Only after pineapple smell must not really be, that is then nevertheless too monotonous for me.
Particularly since I do not stand at all so on fruity scents.
The next day I smelled again on the arm.
Vetiver and some cedar could be what is still decaying there. But very quietly.
So again from the beginning; New day new luck.
Again pineapple loadig - fresh, slightly acidic - absolutely not unpleasant.
A slightly different scent enters. Bit soft floral, however, I can not name a flower that sticks out. Something muted and creamy the whole thing.
Still in the background the pineapple. The pulls through the course through.
Pleasant is the fragrance in any case; so`` no risk - no fun`` Monday to work apply.
Already on the way to the office I was called back and asked what I had for a perfume on it. That would smell great.
Well and nu` I stand there.
I will use up the filling times and reconsider :-)
LaraJosephin
The beginning of a passion
I got this perfume from my friend, who has been more interested in niche perfumes for some time, for Christmas last year. I was immediately smitten, I had never smelled anything like it before. Freshness. Fruity. Sweetness. All in all, a very interesting scent. The magnetic cap, the packaging and also the print all contribute to a high quality overall look. My first niche fragrance, and guaranteed not the last
all time favourite
that creates as Bal d`Afrique no fragrance that I know so far.
He starts citrus light, is clean and fruity. In the course he becomes creamier.
I waited tables at an exclusive event 3 years ago as a student and wore this fragrance. The wife of the renowned chief physician who had hosted the evening greeted me and said in amazement "but you smell good!" and that's exactly what the fragrance does.
It never rocks, it's unisex, it's sexy, and it's never too much. Great love pour moi
Tonsil in hospital
I'm sorry to say that this scent was not my cup of tea at all. Vetiver smells for me like a mixture of almond and something medicinal. But I do not like vetiver in principle, for people who like this note, definitely worth a sniff!
3.5
I don't get the hype.
The scent is pleasant but very unexciting, the hype I personally do not understand.... My fragrance is not at all. For me, the scent does not really smell like a perfume, but more like a cream or how it smells in some wellness oases. Clean, soft and pleasant but not like a fragrance I would like to wear, because I can only bear the scent for a short time. For me, the also a bit too masculine and somehow oppressive in the dry down..

How does the smell so. In the first moment you smell very clearly Tagetes and Buchu, which causes me nausea. A combination I can not stand. Tagetes we had in the garden when I was a kid... I always thought that Tagetes had a kind of cat urine note...Shortly after that I also smelled clearly lemon and neroli. But that's it..The scent stays linear, so it doesn't tell a story... The hardly changes except that this oppressive aura is always clearer..

It is in no way a fragrance that you can buy reassured blindly, even if you might suspect it, if you read all the positive reviews. I do not see a picture in front of me, who could wear this fragrance...? For me as I said more a man than a woman but I see nothing in front of me. For me a soulless boring fragrance with no charisma. Projection is weak and the scent stays skin tight. Sillage is not present..
Cnt
You are the first and you will be the last
My wedding scent... A blind purchase, like so many.
You take me in your arms and I am all with you bal d'afrique.
You are not what is absolutely new. Maybe you have smelled something like this or something like that before. But you are different. Matching my husband, matching yes to him and matching everything I like. Slightly tangy at the beginning, it has a deep and warm scent which never drifts off into an unpleasantness. Really always wearable in my opinion. I wore it at 31 degrees, a well measured whiff kept coming. In the cooler night he was cozy there.
Very good durability, very good sillage and the projection is also not from bad parents.
I will always love you, you will also always remain - you are special
Xoxotushka
Breathe in and your spirits instantly rise....
That's the effect this fragrance has on me.
Sweet, delicate, seductive, deeply vibrant, persistent aroma! Highly recommended to all perfume maniacs. Never received so many compliments from strangers as when wearing Bal D'Afrique.
Sannah
Gone with the wind - to a place of choice
From this fragrance I have only a sample, but still - it was enough that the now also comes to my wish list.
When spraying on I feel the fragrance as fresh citrus and fruity at the same time. It reminds me of Ombrella Crash by Jacques Zolty, which I like very much.
While a fresh, salty sea breeze with fruity notes blows around my nose, it is here a warm tropical wind that brings the sweet scent of fruits and flowers. As it progresses, I get a slightly more tart woody note that fits wonderfully. The citrus and a nice spice remain present.
With both fragrances I can close my eyes and feel transported to a beautiful place, they make a good mood.
This one I find more feminine, softer, warmer and perhaps even more beautiful for me.
FvSpee
Lemon butterfly hovers over cyclamen
Bal d'Afrique is a very popular fragrance with over 400 owners here in the Forum, at least for a simple and quite expensive (50ml=127 €, 100ml=187€) niche product. It also seems to be included in the collection of fragrances of the muse Calliope, inspiring its users to write numerous and wordy reviews: Eight comments only this year, ten statements in the last 30 days!

So far I have been quite satisfied with my laconic statement. But the fact that I was able to enjoy this wonderful perfume on myself again today and at the same time saw it appreciated in Insa's (very readable) blog post on light, simple fragrances motivated me to add another comment, which hopefully will be as simple (though not as beautiful) as its subject.

Anyway, the Swedish-French house Byredo does not enjoy a good reputation in my gang in this forum. I agree that the brand combines high prices with, shall we say, discreet performance. And I find about two thirds of the house's fragrances I've tested to be mediocre.

On the other hand, I appreciate the simple design as well as the double renunciation of hyperinflationary emission policies and excessive, stupidly chattering advertising steam. And I always find jewels among the fragrances of the house that are second to none, so that Byredo is one of the very few brands of which I own three products (bottles of 50 each, that's my financial compromise: with a large collection of fragrances you won't get to use up 100ml anyway).

Bal d'Afrique is an incredibly cheerful, light, gently floating perfume, which immediately evokes in me the thought of a butterfly. Its big, big heart is delicately floral: all kinds of pretty, modest, lovely violets with pastel-friendly and delicately moist, velvety petals. A pale yellow citrus veil hovers above them, underneath (with narrowed eyes) a whispered base can be seen, which (horrible dictu in this delicacy) even gives a hint of something dark and woody.

That's about it, actually. Bal d'Afrique has two rather rare ingredients that I do not know more closely, but which are plausible in this fluffy scent: The Buchu bush, which is native to South Africa and traditionally used as a medicinal and spice herb, which has an aroma reminiscent of blackcurrant, and the South American Tagetes plant, which is said to have an aniseed-saffron scent, contain coumarin and sometimes have slightly psychedelic effects.

The fragrance pyramid on the manufacturer's website differs slightly from the one shown here, it does not contain neroli and marigold, but the African marigold. Despite this, the composition's references to Africa (and to the idea of a ball) should be as delicate as the fragrance itself. But never mind, I still find the name beautiful.

Bal d'Afrique, for all its simplicity, is very independent and unmistakable. The projection of the fragrance is discreet, but the shelf life, assuming a generous dosage, can last up to six hours. In its softness it is certainly not a typical men's fragrance, but as the reviewer and almost 39% of the owners catalogued here show, it is absolutely wearable for men
Hesitation for advanced students
Normal procedure:
I get a sample or bottling,
Test 1: likes or dislikes, many fall out after the first test, adios, this will not work out between the two of us, I am very rigorous Test 2: second chance, shortlist, test a few times on different days, either he falls out or:
I really like the scent, the nasty want to have reflex
*joke modean*
You know what I mean and which trains of thought plague us perfumes: which scent can be put into the souk, check your account balance, check your Paypal balance, how much dog or cat food is still there, how long will the gasoline for the car last, weekend shopping is totally overrated, men/women/children can't eat at their relatives' until the first of the next month.....the usual even if you want to have a scent :-)
*joke mode off*

Then I see if I can get a bottle in the souk or find a good price with one of the usual suspects.

With Bal d'Afrique, it was different somehow.

I used up the sample, the question came up: buy a bottle...oh not yet, it's nice but does it have to be?
The next 10 ml as a bottling bought here, used up, buy a bottle...neeeeee still not..but it's sooo beautiful ....but you actually don't like this flowery one, angels + devils on the shoulders were clearly noticeable.

Another 10 ml bought here as a bottling and consumed in record time.... damn it, why doesn't anybody here in the souk sell a bottle??

This little wonderfully smelling beast has so crept into my scented heart, unbelievable....why is it that nobody here still sells a bottle in the souk??

Some people sniff coconut here, fortunately I don't notice that at all, violets also not really, the complete scent is beautiful, creamy, fruity, fluffy, light and bright Round, soft, interwoven, no fragrance sticks out, extremely well done.
I would classify it as unisex, this fragrance is wearable for everyone, uncomplicated and friendly.
With me the fragrance develops an amazing durability of 8 hours and more.

There are days when you just want to feel completely comfortable and well cared for.
On such days the fragrance should not polarize, deter, attract attention or enter the room in front of you.

Spring days, long summer evenings, sunny autumn days, first dates, business appointments, as a mood enhancer, the cosy day on the sofa, Bal d'Afrique simply always fits.

The Devil won, and I finally ordered a bottle... and don't worry, the hubby and the cats are well taken care of and don't go hungry :-)

Carlitos01Carlitos01 5 months ago
A communion made of amber, musk and vetiver that will make you dream of flying over the flowers of Masai Mara or Okavango.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 8 months ago
Unfortunately this didn’t do for me. It has shy performance. At this price point I expected something much better.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
Well-blended scent that opens with a creamy lemon. In the drydown, the scent gets a little more floral, woody, rounded by a beautiful musk.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
Fresh, fruity, sweet and flowery. Well composed but a bit pricey for what you get.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Pralinchen
Zum Vatertag nochmal die männliche Version meines Fotos, ist schließlich ein Unisex -Duft ;)
Yes, I love flowers :)
by Ancaan
Sonnenuntergang in der Savanne (Dank an Nui)
by Knopfnase
by Iriska
by Narcoperfume
by Narcoperfume

Popular Byredo

Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Night Veils - Casablanca Lily by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Slow Dance by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Night Veils - Reine de Nuit by Byredo Encens Chembur by Byredo Velvet Haze by Byredo Super Cedar by Byredo